PDA

View Full Version : I want to know exactly what has yet to be unlocked.

RamenEater
Nov 4, 2006, 03:48 AM
People have said the game is 100% done, just locked. And the stuff that is locked is all the offline stuff. Can someone make a list of whats to come? Does Sega have plans to expand the game farther than what is offered offline?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-11-04 00:48 ]</font>

Typhoeus
Nov 4, 2006, 04:04 AM
Well the Japanese recently got a decent update that raised the level cap and introduced many new areas and weapons. We'll probably get that same update in the near future I would assume. You can probably browse around the older posts to find out more about that (don't have any specfic links for you). As far as further expansion past the offline...I would seem doubtfull given the PS2's lack of an external memory device a.k.a. harddrive. Games linked to the PS2 platform become very repressed due to the fact that for the most part its maximum potential has been reached,where as for example a PC continues to evolve (this and FFXI are good examples of this problem). No offense to the PS2, it was an amazing system, but it's time to move on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-04 01:06 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Nov 4, 2006, 04:19 AM
It'd be nice if the PSU home page would actually update their information soon and let us know a set date. It seems as if the PSUJP page is almost constantly updated.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:28 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:04, Typhoeus wrote:
Well the Japanese recently got a decent update that raised the level cap and introduced many new areas and weapons. We'll probably get that same update in the near future I would assume. You can probably browse around the older posts to find out more about that (don't have any specfic links for you). As far as further expansion past the offline...I would seem doubtfull given the PS2's lack of an external memory device a.k.a. harddrive. Games linked to the PS2 platform become very repressed due to the fact that for the most part its maximum potential has been reached,where as for example a PC continues to evolve (this and FFXI are good examples of this problem). No offense to the PS2, it was an amazing system, but it's time to move on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-04 01:06 ]</font>

So im guessing you dont have a PS2?
Because only way to play FFXI on it,is...uh...Buy the HDD for PS2...PLUS there is USB HDD for the new slim PS2...and as for updates,it can go onto the Mem card,just like they did for EQOA(Yes,Everquest Online Adventures,took up 3k+ blocks) and Socom 3(same 3k+blocks for update)

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 04:42 AM
yea the lack of information on the american site makes me sad.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 4, 2006, 05:14 AM
for starters: advance classes, higher lvl cap, 2 more additional sets of PA a huge amount of Technics, 3rd planet Moatoob, Many Missions, Additional Weapon Types... it can go on for a bit :/

Typhoeus
Nov 4, 2006, 05:37 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:28, Xeveous wrote:

Because only way to play FFXI on it,is...uh...Buy the HDD for PS2...PLUS there is USB HDD for the new slim PS2...and as for updates,it can go onto the Mem card,just like they did for EQOA(Yes,Everquest Online Adventures,took up 3k+ blocks) and Socom 3(same 3k+blocks for update)

Yes I have a PS2 Slim, what self respecting gamer doesn't have a PS2 =P FFXI *required* the Hard Drive, whereas PSU does not support the HD. If the updates are small enough to fit on a Memory Card then that's fine, but otherwise tough luck for us because they won't give 360 users and PC users content and not give the PS2 users the same content.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:41 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:37, Typhoeus wrote:

Yes I have a PS2 Slim, what self respecting gamer doesn't have a PS2 =P FFXI *required* the Hard Drive, whereas PSU does not support the HD. If the updates are small enough to fit on a Memory Card then that's fine, but otherwise tough luck for us because they won't give 360 users and PC users content and not give the PS2 users the same content.

Read my whole post,EQOA,which is a MMORPG,a huge world game,Socom 3 a FPS,both can fit on same mem card,both being 3k+ (6k blocks) + i can have a few other games on it. That is enough space imo for a PSU update.

Typhoeus
Nov 4, 2006, 05:45 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:41, Xeveous wrote:

Read my whole post,EQOA,which is a MMORPG,a huge world game,Socom 3 a FPS,both can fit on same mem card,both being 3k+ (6k blocks) + i can have a few other games on it. That is enough space imo for a PSU update.

You don't have to be a jerk about it, I did read your *whole* post, all 2 sentences with ... in between words. I agreed with you saying that if it did fit on the memory card it would be fine.

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 05:47 AM
A good way to spoil yourself with shit to come, is play through the whole story mode. When I was finished with it I was a lot more excited to play.

Typhoeus
Nov 4, 2006, 05:50 AM
Super ghey double post accident, sorry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-04 02:51 ]</font>

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:57 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:45, Typhoeus wrote:

You don't have to be a jerk about it, I did read your *whole* post, all 2 sentences with ... in between words. I agreed with you saying that if it did fit on the memory card it would be fine.

And im telling you that if you can fit 2 games with 3k blocks each,and a bigger game,PSU would fit on the mem card.

Typhoeus
Nov 4, 2006, 06:00 AM
On 2006-11-04 02:57, Xeveous wrote:

On 2006-11-04 02:45, Typhoeus wrote:

And im telling you that if you can fit 2 games with 3k blocks each,and a bigger game,PSU would fit on the mem card.

BLOODY MURDER, I AGREE FFS!

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 06:47 AM
Anyways,i do not think all the PAs are "unlocked".
AKA Assault Crush,Spinning Break,Bogga Danga,etc. etc.

oronll
Nov 4, 2006, 09:03 AM
YEAH it sucked when i realized the retail was just as gimped as the demo.

Chimeria
Nov 4, 2006, 09:15 AM
On 2006-11-04 03:47, Xeveous wrote:
Anyways,i do not think all the PAs are "unlocked".
AKA Assault Crush,Spinning Break,Bogga Danga,etc. etc.

I was in gamestop yesterday and i took a glance at the strategy guide. The "advanced" photon arts must can be attained by getting an S Rank on certain missions with the character who uses it.

For example, Ryuga is good with double sabers. In battle you also see him using Cross Rush. If you get an S Rank with only him in your party there is a small chance that he will give you cross rush. A VERY SMALL CHANCE.

I started to get the strategy guide but it was 20 bucks and didnt have much info that i didnt already know...

What i'm concerned with right now are the clothes that were shown on PSUPedia. I want that damn fur collared jacket and i dont know how to get it. Or any of the other cloths for that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chimeria on 2006-11-04 06:17 ]</font>

physic
Nov 4, 2006, 10:23 AM
there is a lot in the game that isnt in the offline mode either, but at this point we are pretty behind the offline mode. The Jp version already has some monsters, weapons, clothes, and probably, different missions than what exist offline. Offline mode is a teaser, online mode right now, is probably enough for a normal person who plays a few hours a day, hardgamers though will be twiddling thier thumbs waiting for the updates.

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 10:25 AM
On 2006-11-04 06:03, oronll wrote:
YEAH it sucked when i realized the retail was just as gimped as the demo.

The demo was not gimped. You should've done research on what was going to happen.

In the end, it'd just make you feel like an idiot.

Schubalts
Nov 4, 2006, 11:54 AM
Didn't SONY stop supporting the HDD? If so, there isn't much any company that makes online PS2 games can do, except try to keep patches super small, or keep data locked on the disc. Right?

I hope that came out right, sounded good in my head...

Roken
Nov 4, 2006, 01:31 PM
ugh..