PDA

View Full Version : Hand Cramps?

Kyon
Nov 4, 2006, 03:49 AM
Alright, it may just be me but has anyone developed painful cramps from holding your controller too long? Today I played about 1.5 hours straight and couldn't play for a while because my hand and wrist hurt.

RamenEater
Nov 4, 2006, 03:51 AM
i have this, but i play keyboard, corpal tunnel man!

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 4, 2006, 03:54 AM
They need to let us use the mouse http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 03:55 AM
nope, no problems here. *looks at all the blisters on hands*

Typhoeus
Nov 4, 2006, 03:57 AM
All I can say is HORI Turbo Controller for the 360 is WIN! Google it if your interested (it's wired btw)

Rider
Nov 4, 2006, 04:43 AM
Sometimes after playing for a while my hand will hurt from my pinky and ring finger down just past my wrist. It's usually just somewhere around there though. I play on a keyboard and it's on the hand where all the arrow keys are used. It doesn't happen often though and I could be sitting in a better position while playing sometimes. So it's probably just hurting from being in a weird position for so long and constantly moving my fingers to attack.

Ryogen
Nov 4, 2006, 04:45 AM
My hands don't actually hurt, becuase I train them when I do karate and kung fu. I heat up sand and I work my hands in them to toughen them. So ya know...It works out some of the pain.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 04:45 AM
I get cramps in my knuckles,im guessing its from cracking them,otherwise..im good....lol

etlitch
Nov 4, 2006, 04:56 AM
Left thumb gets sort of tired, but that's only when controlling my character using the thing above the analog stick. Now I'm using the ananlog stick and it's no problems.

Xeveous
Nov 4, 2006, 05:01 AM
On 2006-11-04 01:56, etlitch wrote:
Left thumb gets sort of tired, but that's only when controlling my character using the thing above the analog stick. Now I'm using the ananlog stick and it's no problems.

Hmm,D-pad? =P

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 4, 2006, 05:24 AM
On 2006-11-04 00:49, Kyon wrote:
Alright, it may just be me but has anyone developed painful cramps from holding your controller too long? Today I played about 1.5 hours straight and couldn't play for a while because my hand and wrist hurt.

quote irrelavant but, i heard you like that Dancing Animu.

Miyoko
Nov 4, 2006, 06:11 AM
If your hands hurt like that after playing, then you seriously need to stop playing. I'm not saying this to spite you, or to call you a nerd or anything like that -- I'm saying this 'cause that's really bad for your hands.

Haven't you ever noticed the "if you experiences pains in your hands/wrists while playing, stop playing imidiately and take a break for several hours" notice in pretty much EVERY video game instruction booklet? You need to look intoa different setup for gaming -- I'm pretty sure those pains you're experiencing can become quite serious.

Auronp
Nov 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
On 2006-11-04 03:11, Miyoko wrote:
Haven't you ever noticed the "if you experiences pains in your hands/wrists while playing, stop playing imidiately and take a break for several hours" notice in pretty much EVERY video game instruction booklet? You need to look intoa different setup for gaming -- I'm pretty sure those pains you're experiencing can become quite serious.

I was just about to say that. I've never had this problem, atleast not as severe as the others. My hand just gets tired but i still stop for a min to rest it up.

Mystil
Nov 4, 2006, 08:05 AM
I only experience muscule fatigue in my hands. No pains or anything. I've been gaming for years so that might have something to do with the high tolerance.

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
Xbox360 controller, greatest controller made since Dreamcast controller. Try it, learn it, live it, love it!

Miyoko
Nov 4, 2006, 08:22 AM
I've never felt any kind of pain, fatigue, tensing, anything like that.

EXCEPT with xbox controllers. I hate those things. >_>

Dai-Kitana
Nov 4, 2006, 08:25 AM
telekinesis ftw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

BluCast20xx
Nov 4, 2006, 08:40 AM
Wow....cramps from holding controller too long.

never had that with any controller. I'm just praying my 360 contoller's X button doesnt get pounded in.

although because of the wooden chair i sit in, my #@%& hurts every 2-3 mission runs, so when my teammates rush to their rooms, i put the controller down and mover around the house a bit.

Ammy
Nov 4, 2006, 08:44 AM
I played the entire day yesterday, no problems.

Just stretch your hands every now and then, no joking. Usually after a few runs or something I stand up and stretch a little to keep my muscles from going atrophy lol

Mystil
Nov 4, 2006, 08:49 AM
On 2006-11-04 05:14, AC9breaker wrote:
Xbox360 controller, greatest controller made since Dreamcast controller. Try it, learn it, live it, love it!

Ehhhhhh Dreamcast controller..now THAT caused pain in my hands. I'm sure you mean the Saturn controller. Best design ever.

Shanira
Nov 4, 2006, 11:49 AM
Well I have a PC pad that's basically a copy of the classic PS2 Dual Shock pads. Never really get any pain or fatigue. Then again since I play at my PC I always have my forearms resting on a desk at proper height, so that might have something to do with that.

Jozon
Nov 4, 2006, 11:52 AM
I picked up the 360 controller, it works great, but I need a bigger controller(kinda like the original xbox to put in my hands, since I have such long fingers.