PDA

View Full Version : Review: Average.

Xaos127
Nov 4, 2006, 06:16 AM
I haven't actually played the game yet myself, but being a long time fan of PSO I was pretty dissapointed to see Gamespot (who I very much trust with reviews) give it a miserable 6.8..

Link: http://us.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/phantasystariv/review.html

Deprimenthia
Nov 4, 2006, 06:17 AM
Kadamn! O_O Wow. A bit low I think...

Actually... the reasons listed don't seem to be that bad for a 6.8 Hm. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deprimenthia on 2006-11-04 03:18 ]</font>

cobfab
Nov 4, 2006, 06:31 AM
The score doesn't really matter for people that has the game already.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 06:52 AM
Sega shouldnt have left so much of what was supposed to be ingame content locked after already a month + of beta testing. This review is nothing probably compared to what IGN is about to give the game.

Mugaaz2
Nov 4, 2006, 06:53 AM
Unlock system wouldn't have been so terrible if we started with a lot more content, especially missions. If I was a reviewer I would be harsh.

bobfish
Nov 4, 2006, 07:01 AM
Thing to do is if you are unsure, Gamespy/IGN and some others usually do a "out of the box" then not score it until they have all the content available for testing, so proper review would be a week or two away yet.

Callous
Nov 4, 2006, 07:05 AM
As much as I have criticized aspects of PSU, 6.8 is just too low.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:11 AM
"Phantasy Star Universe almost immediately feels dated"

*stops reading review.*

On 2006-11-04 03:52, AkiraXxx wrote:
Sega shouldnt have left so much of what was supposed to be ingame content locked after already a month + of beta testing. This review is nothing probably compared to what IGN is about to give the game.

Please stop playing my game.

On 2006-11-04 03:53, Mugaaz2 wrote:
Unlock system wouldn't have been so terrible if we started with a lot more content, especially missions. If I was a reviewer I would be harsh.

:o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-04 04:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-04 04:14 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:16 AM
They had good points and some that couldnt be taken 100% into consideration. EVERYONE knows that this game is already feeling repetative, the lack of content at release in the end is really going to hurt sega when it comes to reviews from almost all gaming sites. And bad reviews mean less people that are actually going to go and TRY the game. SEGA should have just released the game with all the planets, and the expert classes and weapons. And just added the missions later. Give people something to do really. AS it is now most people at level 35+ are already at lvl 10 in there class and grinding just to farm money and items now. From the other thread I posted, it seems we are going to have to wait a month just to get the other planet, this is NOT including the weapons, and expert classes either...

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:18 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:11, -Shimarisu- wrote:

*stops reading review.*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Stopped reading the review after the first sentence and running your mouth. Seriously, shut the fuck up, if you dont like what people have to say about the game as it is now, then dont read threads envolving the quality of the game.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:19 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:18, AkiraXxx wrote:

Stopped reading the review after the first sentence and running your mouth. Seriously, shut the fuck up, if you dont like what people have to say about the game as it is now, then dont read threads envolving the quality of the game.

Please stop playing my game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

On 2006-11-04 04:16, AkiraXxx wrote:
They had good points and some that couldnt be taken 100% into consideration. EVERYONE knows that this game is already feeling repetative, the lack of content at release in the end is really going to hurt sega when it comes to reviews from almost all gaming sites. And bad reviews mean less people that are actually going to go and TRY the game. SEGA should have just released the game with all the planets, and the expert classes and weapons. And just added the missions later. Give people something to do really. AS it is now most people at level 35+ are already at lvl 10 in there class and grinding just to farm money and items now. From the other thread I posted, it seems we are going to have to wait a month just to get the other planet, this is NOT including the weapons, and expert classes either...

Seriously man. Just stop. JUST STOP FUCKING PLAYING IT. I've played jp for TWO MONTHS. We waited ages for content and I didn't give a shit. We got it and a lot of it was reskins. I was upset, but only because I knew whiny retards like you would jump all over it. Sega ARE retarded yes, but if you enjoy the core gameplay it DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

You plainly do not enjoy the core gameplay if you're bloody bored ALREADY.

Also: LOLOLOL greedy Americans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-04 04:23 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:20 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:

My mother dropped me on my head as a baby, please donate 10 meseta. So I can come to threads with contructive post rather then troll like ramble.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:24 AM
That was really clever and creative, congratulations.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:29 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Please stop playing my game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Seriously man. Just stop. JUST STOP FUCKING PLAYING IT. I've played jp for TWO MONTHS. We waited ages for content and I didn't give a shit. We got it and a lot of it was reskins. I was upset, but only because I knew whiny retards like you would jump all over it. Sega ARE retarded yes, but if you enjoy the core gameplay it DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

You plainly do not enjoy the core gameplay if you're bloody bored ALREADY.

Also: LOLOLOL greedy Americans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-04 04:23 ]</font>

Ok, since you decided go back and re edit and make your self look even more like a retarded troll.

"whiney lil retards" Only retard here is you sorry.

"Sega ARE retarded yes" I like how you CAPS "ARE". Its "IS", dont call someone retarded you stupid shit.

"Also: LOLOLOL greedy Americans." Obviously your a forgien piece of retarded trolling trash that shouldnt be playing the game in the first place.

Get a life bitch, dont come here talking shit when people are discussing the contents of a review posted by a legitmate game site. If you dont like what people have to say, delete your forum account, and go back to eat'n your cheetos and drinking mountain dew and grinding psu for 23 hours a day.

On a side note, funny that were talking about a review you get mad and then say we should stop playing but yet youll call SEGA "retarded". Please leave now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 04:31 ]</font>

PJ
Nov 4, 2006, 07:31 AM
Akira, you're stupid. Stop now while you still can.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:32 AM
I'm British you cockmonger, correct Oxford English is "are" for a collective.

I'm also a fucking games reviewer of 10 years, I have GREAT experience dissing the retarded claptrap written by those in my profession. Am I qualified to diss it yet, or do you require more credentials?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:34 AM
YOU DON'T LIKE IT SO STOP PLAYING IT.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:34 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:31, PJ wrote:

Angry words of another diehard cut my wrist when the servers go down psu fan. Stop ruining threads you fucking trolls, if people have something to say about a game and you dont like what they say, then come with a legit argument against it.

PJ
Nov 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:34, AkiraXxx wrote:

Angry words of another diehard cut my wrist when the servers go down psu fan.

There's only one problem with your statement.

I don't have PSU yet.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:37 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:32, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I'm also a fucking games reviewer of 10 years, I have GREAT experience dissing the retarded claptrap written by those in my profession. Am I qualified to diss it yet, or do you require more credentials?

Oh ok ol chap, how bout we get together for tea and crumpets and discuss your "10 year of reviewer credentials". Then afterwards we can get your teeth fixed. Dissing retarded reviews written by those in your profession? How would you even know whats in the review if after the first sentence you dont like what it says and stop reading? Stop owning yourself and just leave now. Your what 30 year old+ doing video game reviews playing psu complaining when someone says something against it? Great future for ya brada!

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:39 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:34, -Shimarisu- wrote:
YOU DON'T LIKE IT SO STOP PLAYING IT.

Grrrrr let me hold my caps lock down so I can invoke the effect that im screaming at my keyboard hoping the letters do some damage!

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:40 AM
Hahaha, holy shit.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:41 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:35, PJ wrote:

I don't have PSU yet.

Oh... so only that 1 part? Here then.

"Angry words of another diehard cut my wrist psu fan."

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:45 AM
Why the hell are you playing this game, jesus christ.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:47 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:45, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Why the hell are you playing this game, jesus christ.

Why are you still posting talking shit? I didnt say I didnt like the game now did I, I was talking about the review along with my insight on the whole locked content issue, as well as saying how it would have been smart for SEGA to have more content available so they could get better reviews.

Come now, you just said you reviewed games for 10 years, and yet you cant even read a 6 sentence post in a community forum and grasp the concept of what people are trying to discuss and talk about?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 07:51 AM
OK, I'm rephrase that.

Why are you playing this LEVEL GRINDING, REPETITIVE online game if you agree with a review that gives it a lousy score of 6.8? I wouldn't play any game with that kind of score for longer than it took to form that opinion of it in my head. You'll only live another 50 years or so if you're lucky, and never find all the time to play all the GOOD games you would enjoy in that time. Not even CLOSE to it.

You're playing a game that requires a great investment of time, and yet you believe it to be horribly flawed. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT? Trust me, it will not get any better, so if you do not like it NOW, get the hell out while you can.

Christ, and you think *I'm* retarded?

seraph7
Nov 4, 2006, 08:02 AM
a review of 6.8 is unfounded...6.8 tends be set for games that are so-so & not very creative, but can anyone that is actually playing ps universe look at themselves in the mirror if they insist on giving that type of score? this game is beyond words, simply put - it's majestic & rightfully deserves a place in the high 9's for design, ceartivity & dynamics of story & secrets.. ^_^

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 08:05 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:
OK, I'm rephrase that.

Why are you playing this LEVEL GRINDING, REPETITIVE online game if you agree with a review that gives it a lousy score of 6.8? I wouldn't play any game with that kind of score for longer than it took to form that opinion of it in my head. You'll only live another 50 years or so if you're lucky, and never find all the time to play all the GOOD games you would enjoy in that time. Not even CLOSE to it.

You're playing a game that requires a great investment of time, and yet you believe it to be horribly flawed. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT? Trust me, it will not get any better, so if you do not like it NOW, get the hell out while you can.

Christ, and you think *I'm* retarded?

First.

1.Again, your 10 years of credentials mean SHIT because you need to go back and read what I said on the post about the review having good and bad points and some points that cant be taken into 100% consideration. READ MR. 30 YEAR OLD GAME REVIEWER!

2.You saying this game isnt going to change? Lmfao, then you go to call ME a retard. Again, the whole not reading thing REALLY hurts you, maybe that why your not a legit game reviewer working for an actual decent gaming site/magazine. This game IS going to change from its current state once all of the content is available. More for people to do, DUH THATS WHY ITS CALLED AN UPDATE.

3.For your info, I wouldn't be playing video games when im around 30+ years old like you. Complaining in a community forum, ill be to busy making the games. A REAL JOB. try it.

4.Did I say the game was flawed? No, I clearly said at what it is now its a complete grind fest until content is released. If you dont get THAT let me rephrase for YOU.

"At the moment, due to this games lack of content, it only leaves most players with the job of getting to level 50 with the basic job level. But upon releasing more into the game, this would allow people to explor e different types of characters and jobs, not to mention being able to explore more weapons so a player can get a basis on what kind of character they actually want to make instead of having to wait 2 months and decide due to new content that they need to recreate a different character."

5.No SHIT this game requires alot of time, it also requires smarts and strategy regarding how you play and upcomming content. People already spending all there money on available clothes and weapons is silly considering theres a complete other planet missing along with a truck full of weapons and new skills. I use 2 caliburs and another sword, im level 41, and I now have 1.5 mil in my storage. No SHIT the game is repetative, no SHIT its time consuming. Your outlook on it is grind grind grind, get to level 50 so I can be the best. When thats NOT what its really about. I didnt rush to hit level cap, I was too busy making money so that when new content comes out, I can go get it instantly.

Ps. Dont call someone a retard when they dont have even close to half of the "credentials" when it comes to writing a video game review as you but can put up a better argument and more constructive and reasonable post then you could come up with in a week.

Stop with the shit talking and get back to the thread at hand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 05:34 ]</font>

Last Edit to get back on topic. As you can see from this other review, for the released JP version

http://www.gamebrink.com/pc-games/1778-Phantasy_Star_Universe-reviews-5.html

They too feel what alot of us feel about the locked content. They still gave the JP version and 9.0, but yet have to release a US review.

Pros

* Nearly infinite gameplay length
* Same great gameplay with improvements
* Amazing art direction
* Huge engaging offline experience

Cons

* Sega is slowly unlocking online content already on disc
* Early server outages and lag that will eventually be fixed
* Graphics are low resolution
* Online is just another endless grind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 05:50 ]</font>

Saiffy
Nov 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-11-04 04:41, AkiraXxx wrote:

On 2006-11-04 04:35, PJ wrote:

I don't have PSU yet.

Oh... so only that 1 part? Here then.

"Angry words of another diehard cut my wrist psu fan."

how do u pirare jap gayme lol

"HAY I HATE THIS GAME SO IM GONNA BE ALL ANGSTY ABOUT IT AND KEEP PLAYING IT TO CONTINUE MY ANGST!"

Quit being a faggot.

Jozon
Nov 4, 2006, 11:25 AM
hey, Akira, *nods and begins slowclap*

PJesus
Nov 4, 2006, 11:32 AM

As much as I try to stay out of flame wars, I totally agree with Akira.

HiKeRI
Nov 4, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-11-04 08:32, PJesus wrote:

Akira seems to be retarded to me, as i dislike people that let's other types of people (In this case some crappy review site) to tell them what and what to not play/do, Gamespot, yeah they actually scored a right point there thought, if the game haves a 6.8 with half of the content what would the game get if all of it where to be unlocked?

Zakuro
Nov 4, 2006, 11:40 AM
Review site scores don't really mean much. They are probably trying (or at least should be) to score the game how the average person who has no particular interest in a specific genre will feel on the game. Anyone who enjoys PSO/PSU's type of gameplay will almost definately feel PSU deserves a higher score.

They will never be accurate for everyone. I'm sure Halo and Halo 2 got near perfect, if not perfect scores back in their days, and while I did enjoy them for a short time, personally I feel they don't deserve anywhere near there. Games like PSU and N3 that I do enjoy a lot ended up with no spectacular scores, but that doesn't make me like them any less.

I only skimmed through the review, but one thing that really stood out to me is that they say the game isn't dynamic enough to support a monthly fee. We already know Sega not only plans to update, but they have begun with updates in Japan and that we will be getting all the same updates, just at a delayed date due to our version's later release. Even without updates though, Sega still runs the servers and needs to pay for that and the people who maintain it, you'd think someone from Gamespot would know that much at least.

The only bad thing about it is it may turn some people away as there are some people who actually use the scores of sites like Gamespot to decide if they want a game or not. Honestly I do think it is too low

bunnysama
Nov 4, 2006, 01:28 PM
First off I think Akira and Shimarisu should have their accounts suspended for the behavior they shown here, no matter how much you disagree there is no need for that language or behavior on a public forum like this. You can do all the stuff in Private Messages and save the rest of us the sight of your little pissing match.

That said. Games and the reviews for them are becoming much like movies and movie reviews. I've seen many movies that received excellent reviews get smeared at the box office by complete trit crap like Jackass and Fast and the Furious. Why? They get smoked not because they're better movies it's due to what the average audience finds entertaining. So good reviews do not equalate a good movie, much like games.

One of my favorite movies is Evil Dead. As movies go it's really bad, but I like it.

Foxix
Nov 4, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-11-04 10:28, bunnysama wrote:

One of my favorite movies is Evil Dead. As movies go it's really bad, but I like it.

this is my BOOMSTICK!!! haha yeah you should really watch army of darkness also... that and the second evil dead.

anyway yeah, the score is by far too low. Gamespot has a tendency to nitpick on the most minute detlails, in this case they are complaining that it's not "modern" enough.

Right, then I guess I will have to go burn my copy of duck hunt right away, lets not forget to absolutely rip apart mario games while we are at it.

Oyako
Nov 4, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-11-04 10:28, bunnysama wrote:
Games and the reviews for them are becoming much like movies and movie reviews. I've seen many movies that received excellent reviews get smeared at the box office by complete trit crap like Jackass and Fast and the Furious. Why? They get smoked not because they're better movies it's due to what the average audience finds entertaining. So good reviews do not equalate a good movie, much like games.

Amen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kamica
Nov 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
On 2006-11-04 05:05, AkiraXxx wrote:
2.You saying this game isnt going to change? Lmfao, then you go to call ME a retard. Again, the whole not reading thing REALLY hurts you, maybe that why your not a legit game reviewer working for an actual decent gaming site/magazine. This game IS going to change from its current state once all of the content is available. More for people to do, DUH THATS WHY ITS CALLED AN UPDATE.

No...the game isn't going to change. I play JPPSU and if you don't like the game now, you will not think differently later. Things have been getting worse. I think the main thing that is killing PSU right now is the lack of support techniques. PSU NEEDS those techniques desperately. Regardless, I do still have fun playing PSU everyday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-11-04 13:30 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 4, 2006, 04:25 PM
All I have to say is. Internet Serious Business.

perdition
Nov 4, 2006, 04:27 PM
Gamespot is correct pretty much. I think it should have been closer to 7.5 or at least 7.2 but more or less they are on the money. It would be a great game for the cost, but absolutely not worth the monthly fee simply because we ain't getting all the content we deserve as paying customers. Do not give us less than half the game, but charge us full price y'know.

uhawww
Nov 4, 2006, 04:28 PM
I love you Shimarisu...

KiteWolfwood
Nov 4, 2006, 04:33 PM
Hmm let me think. FFXI didn't give players all the content. They have put content on 3 different discs that you have to buy! Wow didn't give you everything either. They are coming out with another disc that you have to buy! PSU is no different except the fact the rest of the content is on the disc still and you don't have to buy it.

Blueblur
Nov 4, 2006, 04:39 PM
Actually, I agree with the reviewer, Jeff Gertsmann. PSU doesn't feel like a modern game and the fact that Sega stuck with making a PS2 version made sure that this game look like a last gen game (which sucks when many agmers are now getting accustomed to better graphics). The game's overall design is good, but dull around the edges. I wouldn't score it as low as 6.8, but PSU is definitely around the 7.0 - 8.0 range.

Hustler_One
Nov 4, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-11-04 08:32, PJesus wrote:

I have to say Akira made himself look slightly more intelligent than -Shimarisu-. "Stop playing my game" is not a very good way of commenting on someones opinion.

Personally, after reading the review, im not suprised. Gamespot is rather whiny, and tend to harp on things that are not really a big deal.

I DO agree with some of there points, namely the fact that the online, WHILE FUN, is a little disrupted by the fact that there are a grand total of, what, 6 or 7 missions availiable right now?

I agree with Akira, more content should have been available from the start. Im not asking for 300 million more missions and a trillion new items, but maybe the expert classes and 3 or 4 new missions to do would be nice.

So, do I agree with Gamespot's score of 6.8? Nope, not at all. I personally feel that this game desearves a slightly higher score, maybe 7.5 or so. However im sure that my opinion will go up once we have a few new missions to reak havoc upon. =)

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 05:03 PM
Akira, Shimarisu

Stop argueing over the fucking internet, you nerds.

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 05:03 PM
hey -Shimarisu-, please stop playing MY game. wait for UK release and stay off US servers kthxbai.

Flamingo99
Nov 4, 2006, 05:09 PM
I always found Gamespot very strict about scoring games. They seem to over emphazise on the bad, and forget about the good.

Hustler_One
Nov 4, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:09, Flamingo99 wrote:
I always found Gamespot very strict about scoring games. They seem to over emphazise on the bad, and forget about the good.

Agreed. Everything gamespot says should be taken with several spoons of salt. =/

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah.

Fuck Gamespot!

Rubius-sama
Nov 4, 2006, 05:29 PM
It's an unbiased review if you ask me. Monthly fee isnt necessary. Guild Wars can do without one and so can PSU. The fee is just there for some extra cash in Sega's pockets, not to cover any serious expenses.

Content in the works? I payed $70 (after taxes) for this game, and the content already available doesn't justify the $70 price tag. You better damn be right there's content in the works, but there's no justification to charge a fee for that when the price tag for the box was more than enough.

I say its a fair and unbiased review. The game had potential but just doesn't have the amount of innovation and content that makes a great multiplayer game today.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 4, 2006, 06:05 PM
I'm a little peeved that the 'unbiased' review didn't mention a thing about the hit detection. Really, if I weren't biased in favor of PSU already, I would have given PSU a much lower score on that alone!

Also, the game feels dated? Well EXCUUUUSE ME if manual aiming systems are archaic compared to that auto-target from PSO or that soft-aim from Halo! (hell, manual aim with bad hit detection is still better than soft-aim!) Those damn whippersnappers should just be thankful they have their fancy lock-on system because those pansy needledicks would paint the bathroom walls yellow without one!

...in short, fuck those magazines. But yeah, I'd say the lack of content is a legitimate complaint, but even one level of a decent game is better than fifty levels of one that's barely playable.

Jinto117
Nov 4, 2006, 06:19 PM
Jeff Gerstman did the review for the game. He is my favorite editor at Gamespot and has good credentials. He is not biased towards any console or any game. I have to agree that the $10 fee is steep. If they are requiring that much money for maintenance then why the hell can I still not get into the servers. It's been 7 days already and I still can't log into those servers. So much for my Guardians License. You can't really sugar coat your own personal review of a game just because you like it more then others. The game has it's faults, so it truly only appeals to true fans of the series such as those of us on these here boards.

Nephias
Nov 4, 2006, 06:20 PM
I feel the review is spot-on despite my love for PS.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 4, 2006, 07:09 PM
Of course this game is average right now, anyone who doesnt say its average is a fanboy.

It will become a good game when the update comes out.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 4, 2006, 07:46 PM
Gamespot has problems. 'Nuff said.

erwos
Nov 4, 2006, 08:05 PM
The review and score are spot on for the game as it is. Once Sega's decided to add the rest of the online mode in a couple months, I may come back. If they were competing against PSO, what they're doing would be fine. The bad news is, 5 years later, they've got some more serious competition, and they can't half-ass it again.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:09, Flamingo99 wrote:
. They seem to over emphazise on the bad, and forget about the good.

That's what humans do.

Dusk21
Nov 4, 2006, 08:45 PM
They have no competition for this type of game, none at all really. They have Diablo II (very old), I guess Guild Wars (although thats really geared differently and IMO rip my eyes out dull) and their own game PSO. Name me another game in this niche. I will most certainly agree as will most anyone that at the moment the content is a little short, but really lets be honest with ourselves - if there were 100 missions everyone would STILL be playing one, maybe at most 2 or 3 because they are the best.

Who here remembers DII? After one or two times through that game everyone would do the quests that gave stats/skill points up till Acy V. For the rest of the game lets see...waypoint to Andariel kill her, waypoint to Duriel kill him, waypoint to Mephisto kill him, I personally would play through Act IV cause I liked it and the xp wasn't bad but most just killed Diablo after Izual. Then do most quests in Act V, once that was finished then you'd do your favorite area untill you were a high enough level to go to the next difficulty. Continue untill Hell mode, then either run Bloody Foothills or cow level till you were 99, make another character and repeat.

How is this so very different from PSU, or even PSO. Tons and tons of people loved DII but theres no denying that sums 95% of people's playtime of it. If I'm playing this manner of game, thats what I'm expecting to happen eventually, these games are clearly about having fun with other people and making your own character more powerful and not much else.

As for gamespot I stopped reading reviews there long ago, since every time I do I find point after negative point on a game thats either total bs or a misunderstanding of the game itself. They can review a game like this poorly, and yet games like Halo 2 get a spotlight for what? Claiming originality when every part of that game is ripping someone else off? Halo is a poor man's Half-Life, and it'll never be more than that. PSU is an online action RPG, and one of a seemingly dying breed since at this point I'm highly doubting DIII will ever come out with the cash cow that is WoW (which ALSO is no different in repetitiveness although it does have more areas).

How do I feel about PSU overall? Its worth it, its alot of fun and for me I feel like I'm reliving the glory days when DII had just came out and I simply couldn't get enough. No, its not groundbreaking, short on content for now and has its bumps but so does almost any online game when it first comes out (yes, even WoW). So its not the greatest, but I'm enjoying much what they gave me. Thats my 2 cents...well...*looking back at post* maybe its my half dollar or so but anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

etlitch
Nov 4, 2006, 08:56 PM
Someone's in the wrong place. It's like trying to dig a hole in the ocean.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 08:58 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:03, SonicTMP wrote:
hey -Shimarisu-, please stop playing MY game. wait for UK release and stay off US servers kthxbai.

Hey moron, I don't live in the UK kthxbai.

As a matter of fact, I shouldn't be playing this version at ALL, but fuck that.

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-11-04 04:11, -Shimarisu- wrote:

*stops reading review.*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Please stop visiting PSOW.

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2006, 09:04 PM

If you don't like the game or a user, don't play it and don't post.

If you want to tell people not to post unless it's relevant be sure to practice what you preach, because that sure as hell had nothing to do with the topic.

And yeah, I know I'm being hypocritical.

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-11-04 17:58, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-04 14:03, SonicTMP wrote:

Hey moron, I don't live in the UK kthxbai.

As a matter of fact, I shouldn't be playing this version at ALL, but fuck that.

Ya but you said you were british. So go away. you don't need to be playing my game with your attitude. kthxbai.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-11-04 15:19, Jinto117 wrote:
Jeff Gerstman did the review for the game. He is my favorite editor at Gamespot and has good credentials. He is not biased towards any console or any game. I have to agree that the $10 fee is steep. If they are requiring that much money for maintenance then why the hell can I still not get into the servers. It's been 7 days already and I still can't log into those servers. So much for my Guardians License. You can't really sugar coat your own personal review of a game just because you like it more then others. The game has it's faults, so it truly only appeals to true fans of the series such as those of us on these here boards.

Amen!

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2006, 09:20 PM
After reading everything past what I quoted, I can say the following with confidence.

AkiraXxx, you need to stop speaking. It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:03, Elleranda wrote:

You're right, I should, this place is getting worse than Gamefaqs.

It was great when it required a paid for email address to use, but now it's full of idiots.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:04, Zeta wrote:

If you don't like the game or a user, don't play it and don't post.

If you want to tell people not to post unless it's relevant be sure to practice what you preach, because that sure as hell had nothing to do with the topic.

And yeah, I know I'm being hypocritical.

"If you don't like the game or a user, don't play it and don't post."

Didnt say I didnt like the game, are you related to that british guy posting shit that doesnt know how to read what people post?

"If you want to tell people not to post unless it's relevant be sure to practice what you preach, because that sure as hell had nothing to do with the topic."

Told him not to post useless trolling comments kinda like what your doing now trying to bring back a flame thread that already died, so stfu about it.

"And yeah, I know I'm being hypocritical."

Then why did you even bother posting in the first place. That made you look equally retarded as the other guy.

Back on topic,

A friend told me that the IGN review according to some already discussed material, isnt actually going to be that bad due to the locked content. For some reason IGN was more concerned with its dated graphics and material and went to compare it with other p2p other mmo's, which isnt exactly fair considering most other p2p mmo's have been out for more then half a year already.

Alot of other sites seem to be holding back a full review until more content is release lol. So I guess everyone is waiting for new content even review teams and players lol. IGN has a somewhat outlook on the game now, but its not a review, more of a discussion.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/743/743853p1.html

Im hoping IGN gives it a decent review, because ALOT of people go by what IGN has to say about a game, and a review can make or break a large amount of new players. New players = more money for sega = hopefully better updates and more material. Bad review is going to be a kick in the nuts for bringing in new players.

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:22, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-04 18:03, Elleranda wrote:

You're right, I should, this place is getting worse than Gamefaqs.

It was great when it required a paid for email address to use, but now it's full of idiots.

No, I meant for our sake. I don't think I've ever seen you make a post that didn't involve some sort of flaming or terribly bad attitude.

Edit: And I'd like to point out that THAT'S the kind of GameFAQs attitude we don't need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elleranda on 2006-11-04 18:30 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:20, Zeta wrote:

My gamecard score pwns you! So does my pocket protector!

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 09:39 PM
The best review I seen is on the 1up show while nto a review they siad it really improves on PSO and is a good game. I give this an 8.3
Could have been a higher if Sonic Team actually sturctured their plans better and hired real writers.

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:24, AkiraXxx wrote:

Clever use of the quote button. It might have even been funny if 2000 of my points weren't from games that required the achievement to progress any further. As for the pocket protector...If a pocket protector owned you, I think you need to re-evaluate youself.

And pardon my asking, but who's using the billows to fan the flames again?

As for the review, you can't review content that isn't there, and since 3/4 of the content isn't there yet I don't see how anyone could justify reviewing the game yet.

EDIT: If you need to edit my posts to chip away at my self esteem, or my "reputation" as it were, I see no point in continuing to post in this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-04 18:46 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 4, 2006, 09:46 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:23, Elleranda wrote:

No, I meant for our sake. I don't think I've ever seen you make a post that didn't involve some sort of flaming or terribly bad attitude.

Edit: And I'd like to point out that THAT'S the kind of GameFAQs attitude we don't need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elleranda on 2006-11-04 18:30 ]</font>

Yes, all I do is flame, troll, oh and write incredibly useful guides and offer advice to non-idiots. Ungrateful much?

PS. I'm not flaming. I'm trolling. I'm not filled with OMG NERD RAGE but rather, I'm LOLing at how stupid people are.

OMG Y ISN'T THIS GAEM FREE? I DON'T LIKE IT SO IT SHOULD BE FREE!

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 09:46 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:40, Zeta wrote:

Clever use of the quote button. It might have even been funny if 200 of my points weren't from games that required the achievement to progress any further. As for the pocket protector...If a pocket protector owned you, I think you need to re-evaluate youself.

And pardon my asking, but who's using the billows to feed the fire again?

As for the review, you can't review content that isn't there, and since 3/4 of the content isn't there yet I don't see how anyone could justify reviewing the game yet.

Again, thanks for proving what a non reading 17 year old idiot with minimal education and maximum retardedness can say. Didn't say a pocket protector owned me, just refering as to that sounds like something a nerdy zima drinking nerd like you would post. You talk shit to me and im going to say something back, I see yall talking shit to people all the time trying to run them over, I wont be ran over by kid who isnt even old enough to own his own debit card.

And any game site can justify anything they review EASILY, this game IS NOT IN BETA, it is OUT, it has been RELEASED, now as for content, SEGA decided not to include everything that was on the box during the games RELEASE, which ALREADY OCCURED. Reviewing content that isnt there, its not the editors fault that the information on the back of the box is not included with the game when they go to play it. That entirely rest on SEGA's shoulders.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 18:49 ]</font>

CrazySwayzee
Nov 4, 2006, 09:49 PM
it's not worth it to diss the game that this site is entirely based off of.

especially when your review is full of ga-ga and go-go.

Gamespot is only doing what it's supposed to, rate games. If they don't like Phantasy Star Universe, then who are we to judge them for it?

to every person, his/her own opinion.

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:46, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-04 18:23, Elleranda wrote:

Yes, all I do is flame, troll, oh and write incredibly useful guides and offer advice to non-idiots. Ungrateful much?

PS. I'm not flaming. I'm trolling. I'm not filled with OMG NERD RAGE but rather, I'm LOLing at how stupid people are.

OMG Y ISN'T THIS GAEM FREE? I DON'T LIKE IT SO IT SHOULD BE FREE!

Never heard of you writing a guide or giving advice to anyone, so there's nothing for me to be grateful about. And, lol that you think trolling instead of flaming makes any difference.

I don't really expect you to stop it or anything though, that'd be silly. I just don't understand why you're complaining about GameFAQness when, from what I've seen, you're a regular there.

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:46, AkiraXxx wrote:

Clever use of the quote button. It might have even been funny if 200 of my points weren't from games that required the achievement to progress any further. As for the pocket protector...If a pocket protector owned you, I think you need to re-evaluate youself.

Again, thanks for proving what a non reading 17 year old idiot with minimal education and maximum retardedness can say. Didn't say a pocket protector owned me, just refering as to that sounds like something a nerdy zima drinking nerd like you would post. You talk shit to me and im going to say something back, I see yall talking shit to people all the time trying to run them over, I wont be ran over by kid who isnt even old enough to own his own debit card.

Funny you should mention that, because I'm just shy of 16 and I have a Visa-approved Debit Card.

I'd also like to know what Zima is, and how you can POSSIBLY tell who I am and what I know by editing my posts and insinuating things that aren't even REMOTELY related to the topic. And who are you to insult my level of education when you obviosuly don't even have a firm grasp of basic grammar. Yes, grammar is spelled with an A.

Your first post in the topic was a flame. A flame directed at someone who made it VERY apparent they were being sarcastic. Right off the bat you were grasping at straws, desperately trying to get a reaction out of someone. Then finally Shimarisu said something and you ran with it. You never once proposed a valid argument. You only used what little information you had to be verbally abusive.

You obviously cling to your ego with white knuckles, and I'd hate for it to be ruined by a kid who can't own a Debit Card, so I'm going to do the most mature thing I can do (in a topic founded by immaturity) and leave, because you obviously only read the first six words of anything you quote, to figure out who posted, and I have no desire whatsoever to argue with someone who's IQ caps out at room temperature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-04 19:14 ]</font>

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 10:24 PM

It's gettin' hot in here, (so hot!), so take off all your clothes!

Valdemar
Nov 4, 2006, 10:25 PM
I stopped putting stock in video game reviews when I found out that Killer7 was awesome. That and Monster Hunter only getting about one fair (as in, they pointed out what was good about the game, and what was wrong with it) review out of all of the major magazine publications. Heck, why pay for something when you can just read about it online anyway for free. And at least you can get more than just a few opinions, you can get alot, and that's how I got my interest in Killer7 piqued. It turned out to be a very cool game, much to my very pleasent surprise.

I guess it just comes down to preference. Either you like it or you don't. The End. Have a nice day.

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 10:26 PM
Fuck, are my eyebrows gone now? I need to get out of here.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 10:26 PM
On 2006-11-04 19:13, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-04 18:46, AkiraXxx wrote:

Funny you should mention that, because I'm just shy of 16 and I have a Visa-approved Debit Card.

I'd also like to know what Zima is, and how you can POSSIBLY tell who I am and what I know by editing my posts and insinuating things that aren't even REMOTELY related to the topic. And who are you to insult my level of education when you obviosuly don't even have a firm grasp of basic grammar. Yes, grammar is spelled with an A.

Your first post in the topic was a flame. A flame directed at someone who made it VERY apparent they were being sarcastic. Right off the bat you were grasping at straws, desperately trying to get a reaction out of someone. Then finally Shimarisu said something and you ran with it. You never once proposed a valid argument. You only used what little information you had to be verbally abusive.

You obviously cling to your ego with white knuckles, and I'd hate for it to be ruined by a kid who can't own a Debit Card, so I'm going to do the most mature thing I can do (in a topic founded by immaturity) and leave, because you obviously only read the first six words of anything you quote, to figure out who posted, and I have no desire whatsoever to argue with someone who's IQ caps out at room temperature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-04 19:14 ]</font>

16 with a debit card under your mothers name doesnt count. Sorry.

Maybe when you grow up and actualy grow a pair of balls someone will let you in on what alcoholic beverage is.

Your post is like one of these kids that try to be mature but at the same time jump for joy when they open a packet of pokemon cards and see something shiny in it.

"Your first post in the topic was a flame. A flame directed at someone who made it VERY apparent they were being sarcastic. Right off the bat you were grasping at straws, desperately trying to get a reaction out of someone. Then finally Shimarisu said something and you ran with it. You never once proposed a valid argument. You only used what little information you had to be verbally abusive."

"Sega shouldnt have left so much of what was supposed to be ingame content locked after already a month + of beta testing. This review is nothing probably compared to what IGN is about to give the game. "

How is that a flame directed at someone?

Again, you cant read, please leave the thread you pubeless son of a bitch. First post was not a flame. Stop staring at your naked barbie doll next to your mouse if your going to try to analize someones post ya dumb bitch. Posting valid arguments? Serioulsy stop trying to sound smart, weve already established your a trolling retard like shimarisu. Now your just reaching for some shit to say when obviously you have NO grounds in this thread to stand other. Now saying my first post was a flame and I was waiting for someone to say something, neither my first post or second post was a flame directed at ANYONE, it was regarding the reviews and game content, then your lover shimarisu when and just started trolling, but its obvious the years of verbal abuse and being bullied in school finnaly got to you, lmfao nice excuse though.

Argue with someone whos Iq caps at room temprature, what are you looking in the mirror arguing over what pokemon has the most attack power or some shit? thank god your leaving the thread, dont bother posting in another because your about as smart and creative as a pond rock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 19:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 19:31 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-11-04 19:26, AkiraXxx wrote:
Argue with someone whos Iq caps at room temprature, what are you looking in the mirror arguing over what pokemon has the most attack power or some shit? thank god your leaving the thread, dont bother posting in another because your about as smart and creative as a pond rock.

I think what we have here is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-11-04 19:29, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-04 19:26, AkiraXxx wrote:

I think what I have is a case of the dur dur dur aids. I should just leave this thread like I said I was about to do befor I own myself any further with my lame ass arguments and comebacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 19:33 ]</font>

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 10:34 PM
Oh god, the irony..

Razorback
Nov 4, 2006, 10:36 PM
did you know that gamespot is run by Osoma Bin Laden, now doesnt this teach you lesson not beleive everything you hear?

Pure-chan
Nov 4, 2006, 10:51 PM
correct Oxford English is "are" for a collective.

@Shimarisu:

Is this a difference between Oxford and American English?

Sega is a corporation, a body recognized as a separate legal entity having its own rights, privileges, liabilities (distinct from those of its members). As such, wouldn't Sega be primarily considered an entity, instead of a collective?

If so, then when making the statement: "Sega ARE retarded," wouldn't you either need to a) refer to Sega in regular 3rd person (IS) or b) specify that you are referring to the people of Sega when addressing them in the present plural (ARE)?

I'm not trying to start an arguement - just curious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

----------------------------------------------------

Back on topic... Mr. Gerstmann's review seems unrealistically critical, focusing mainly on PSU not being a modern game. Page two of the article could have been condensed down to, 'it's not high-res, it's not an MMO, it doesn't have a 30-day free trial, not Guild Wars ...and (some) people will hate the anime styling.'

Overall, I disagree with the score - although he might deserve a bit of slack for reviewing a current gen game on a next gen system. It would have been interesting to see how he scored it on the PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-11-04 20:00 ]</font>

kazuma56
Nov 4, 2006, 11:37 PM
I agree with Dusk 100%.

PSO/U were inspired by Diablo type games of the past, and like them, you got repetitve gameplay (heck every damn game is repetitive, expecially MMORPGS and every other genre in general) in Diablo as well.

To me, I believe the score is way too low, it should be around a 7.5-8 at best, PSU is everything PSO was but better, GS gave PSO a 7.8 (GC) and although it DID have all the offline content available, there also was the fact that there was no real incentive to go online because everything that can be done online CAN be done offline (even 4 player making going online and paying a fee even more of a "WTF am i paying for" feeling), only until a year or so after when towers and SOTH was released was there a point to play online... otherwise "holiday scenery" wasn't a justifiable 9 bucks a month.

The "balance" between offline and online in PSU is different also, offline, money isn't as much as a problem (some items like trimate/moons sell for 500+ in shops) as it is online, enemies don't have varying levels of "resistance" (stun animation) as they do online.

In short, as it stands NOW, the mark is justifiable for offline (online not in the least), but a year from now, PSU's online will be far better then PSO's offline/online variation and alot more justifiable for the price.

BTW, this also comes from the same people that gave PDZ a 9.0... and after a year later everyone who played it found it to be quite boring and not worth the mark... PSU wasn't "hyped" up like Halo/PDZ/GEOW etc are so you can expect GS/IGN and other gaming sites to rate it good just based on that hype, PSU will get a rating which could be seen as fair...but its fair more analized then other games built up from hype.

The creatures you face in PSU aren't very bright, but at least they move a lot faster than PSO's lumbering foes. Throughout the course of the game, you'll fight weird alien penguin-looking things, small dragons, infected indigenous beasts, ancient relics that have come to life, and a multitude of different robots and other angry machinery. The bosses in the game include larger, more devious monsters, such as dragons, two-headed dragons, robots, and so on. And most of their attack patterns are extremely predictable. Dodging enemy attacks is usually as simple as getting out of the way, but you can usually interrupt enemies because many of them wind up for a second or two before they attack. A couple of well-placed hits will usually knock them out of their attack animation. So you'll be able to take on more and more groups of tougher enemies all by yourself as you get better and better at facing foes and avoiding damage. During the early parts of the game, this will make playing the online game by yourself a viable, if lonely, tactic.

This is kind of a shady remark imo, PSO's enemes you could do a 1-3 hit combo and do so until they die... in PSU however, enemies block attacks and aren't "stunned" every hit like other ones (relic mobs anyone?), so to say you can "stun" and "interrupt" enemies in general leads me to believe thay only played offline Extra mode and got up to only C missions at best... because we all know in B mission enemies have a higher block rate and can only be "knocked" or "interupted" using high level PA's.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 11:38 PM
The PS2 one is taking a bit more of time and likly won't get hit as hard as it is older and the visuals will be what's expected alas, it's gonna get knocked on the online fee (As it rightfully should)
It's a great game yes, but poorly executed with Sonic Team's stupid content release system. It burned them on PSOBB and they still try it... -_-

They need a staff shake up seriously.
Score is a bit low, but this game's fanbase will cover it quite well. It should have gotten an 8.0 or a 7.8 .

Symtex360
Nov 5, 2006, 12:13 AM
On 2006-11-04 20:38, ShinMaruku wrote:
The PS2 one is taking a bit more of time and likly won't get hit as hard as it is older and the visuals will be what's expected alas, it's gonna get knocked on the online fee (As it rightfully should)
It's a great game yes, but poorly executed with Sonic Team's stupid content release system. It burned them on PSOBB and they still try it... -_-

They need a staff shake up seriously.
Score is a bit low, but this game's fanbase will cover it quite well. It should have gotten an 8.0 or a 7.8 .

The only way to give the Staff a wakeup call is to do a major cancellation day event. Everyone should agree one a specific day and request cancellation of our Guardian License under the "lack of content" reason. This is the ONLY way to make them understand that they need to get on with the program.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 12:17 AM
I think it's fair, Reveiw Sega realy dropped the ball, in a week o playing this game I have done every thing..... that is sad...

VioletSkye
Nov 5, 2006, 04:56 PM
Stick to the topic please. No more personal attacks, no more flames, no more name calling. If you have a disagreement with someone take it to pms. Any more of this nonsense and the thread will be locked and warnings handed out. PLAY NICE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoninJoku
Nov 5, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-11-05 13:56, VioletSkye wrote:
Stick to the topic please. No more personal attacks, no more flames, no more name calling. If you have a disagreement with someone take it to pms. Any more of this nonsense and the thread will be locked and warnings handed out. PLAY NICE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

After reading through this cesspool of thread-I think it should ALREADY be locked... That said, I'm not stating my opinions any further, since it seems doing so is grounds to be E-lynched.

daylight129
Nov 5, 2006, 05:36 PM
You know as much as we all hold on to Phantasy Star so dearly you can't help but agree with most of what he said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dire
Nov 5, 2006, 07:43 PM
I can't disagree with that review. This is definitely a fun game, but it could have been so much better. I've been playing the game for roughly a week, but already have the best possible equipment ( besides 10 grind weapons ) and have completed every area multiple times. I'm still having fun and will continue to play, but this game is seriously lacking content given that they're charging a monthly fee. A 'monthly' game that can be 'finished' in a week won't be enough to maintain the average player's attention.

More content and increased difficulty could have made this a great game. Instead it's just pretty average.

ShinMaruku
Nov 5, 2006, 07:53 PM
If a decent ammount of content was relaased I'm sure it could have been rated highier but nah they have this retarded system and people support it... damn shame really.

AnamanaAU
Nov 5, 2006, 08:25 PM

If you WERE a reviewer in the industry with those credentials, you wouldn't act like such a petty internet tough guy. That would ruin your reputation, just like you are right now.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 08:26 PM
Anyone else think that reviewer said "crazy" way too much?

Also: Go Shim.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-11-05 17:28 ]</font>

Drayma
Nov 5, 2006, 08:28 PM
I read the GS review and looked at screenshots here plus movies and I agree with the reviewer that PSU>PSO. I think people are becoming unbridled from the truth that Sonicteam is lazy but we all knew that.

Dukelion
Nov 5, 2006, 08:56 PM
Last time I checked, the only person whose opinion on a game I cared about...was my own.

That being said. I like the game.

Mikedot
Nov 5, 2006, 09:57 PM
I agree with the review. but that doesn't mean the game can't be enjoyable.

GreenArcher
Nov 5, 2006, 10:51 PM
Heh, go back to the days of PSO. I know I wasn't the only one who almost completely ignored episode two, as well as the caves. In Ultimate, I think most of us were confined to TTF. To the one who made the D2 grinding reference, kudos. I guarantee if there were more content, you'd still see those 6 pages of games in Raffon. So many are complaining about the lack of content, yet look how many are playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I gave up on trying to respect the review when they made the whole "here's the enemies, now you have to kill them" point. Isn't that what almost every video game (in this genre) is, in some sense? Sub-Zero is in front of you, you must kill him. Dragonite is in front of you, you must kill him. Delsabers are in front of you, you must kill them. OmgzURaNOOB12 is in front of you with a rocket launcher, you must kill him (and so on).

AugustWest
Nov 5, 2006, 11:06 PM

I agree 100%