PDA

View Full Version : Update List------

AkiraXxx
Nov 4, 2006, 07:09 AM
This whole thing was posted by someone at the official site. Named daemon or something. Good and bad outlook on whats to come. Hopefully, we get an update less then 2 months, and if we dont get it in 2 months, then pray to god they dont implement the 2 month waiting period till AFTER the Euro gets psu.
If this is already posted here then just delete it.
------------------------------------------------------

So for people wondering what "this and that" about content updates, there seems to be a lot of confusion in regards to possible updates for the NA/EU version of PSU, so I’ve compiled info on what the JP version has received and when.

While it’s definitely worth mentioning PSU NA/EU might not necessarily follow PSU JP exactly update for update, it is a good way for NA/EU to see what kind of content we can expect.

The point of this thread is not to debate/argue over updates, but rather to simply inform players, maybe also ease the concerns of anxious players, and if anything to celebrate the loads of cool content PSU has in store. If you wish to complain, argue, or in any other way voice your discontent on the subject of updates please do so in one of the many other “update debate” topics all ready at your disposal in the forums.

Please note, that I personally have only played the JP version offline, so correction to info may be needed and is welcomed; if you see any mistakes/additions feel free to let me know, info was collected from PSUpedia, PSO-world, and from the official JP PSU site, credit and props to the original translators.

PSU JP released:
31st AUGUST 2006
Phantasy Star Universe was released in Japan, for PS2 and PC platforms.

PSU JP Content updates:
5th OCTOBER 2006

* Opening of Moatoob
* 6 new missions added for:
o Parum
o Neudaiz
o Moatoob
* Adjustment to Mission parameters and Completion Bonuses

12th OCTOBER 2006

* Online Story Mission with Leia Martinez added (episode 2-1)
* 2 new S-Rank missions added:
o "Retake the Plant" (Linear Line)
o "The Damaged Communications Thoroughfare" (Guardians' Colony)
* Maximum level cap changed from 50 to 60
* Expert classes unlocked (7 in total)
* Photon arts level increased to 30
* 8 New Weapon Types Added:
o Double Saber
o Axe
o Twin Claw
o Single handed Claw
o Grenade Launcher
o Laser Cannon
o Crossbow
o Cards
* 2 New SUV weapons added
* New armours, weapons, and clothing/parts added.
* Partner Machinery re-initialisation Kit added
* New Technics and Photon Arts added.

19th OCTOBER 2006

* Halloween theme added: (October 19th to November 9th)
o Halloween decorations for certain areas
o Hallo Rappies
o Halloween room theme available for 5000 meseta.
* 1 new S-rank mission added:
o "Retake the Sanctuary" (Agata relics)

26th OCTOBER 2006

* Online Story Mission with Leia Martinez added (episode 2-2)
* 1 new S-rank mission added:
o Hakura Temple

TBA NOVEMBER 2006 (yet to be released)

* Online Story Mission with Leia Martinez (episode 2-3)
* 6 new S-rank missions for:
o Parum (2 missions)
o Neudaiz (2 missions)
o Moatoob (2 missions)
* New level cap
* New weapons/armours
* New Photon Arts
* New my room goods
* New clothes/parts
* New SUVs

What content do we have compared to the JP version?
We have the same content the JP version had when it was first released.

When can we expect to see content updates on PSU NA/EU?
This is a tough question, Sega has yet to announce when we will recieve content updates, so we can only speculate.

Sources such as Takao Miyoshi, Producer of Phantasy Star Universe have previously stated PSU NA/EU will probably receive content updates on a similar timeline to PSU JP, meaning if Japan gets an update 2 months after their release, we get the same update 2 months after our release, and so on.

There are a few things to consider however; the PSU PS2 and PC servers are for both NA users and EU users, and PSU has yet to be released in Europe (release date: November 24th), this may or may not affect when we receive our first update.

When updates are coming how will I know about them? are they going to just put them in without telling us?
Considering how PSU's JP site works and taking note of how PSO BB NA/EU worked prior to PSU, content updates should be announced beforehand in the announcements forum and on the main PSU site:

Links:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewforum.php?f=2
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/index.php

Where can I find the updates list on the PSU JP site?
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=q_list

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-04 05:11 ]</font>