PDA

View Full Version : Surprises

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 08:26 AM
So, now that it's been out more than a week, what things surprised you that didn't make the cut from PSO to PSU?

For myself, surprisingly enough, I kind of miss the BEAT clock. Don't know why.

Mystil
Nov 4, 2006, 08:47 AM
Delsabers.

Those were an annoyingly necessary EVIL in PSO. The only monster right now that comes close to annoying me as much as them is those Golmoros in relics.

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 08:48 AM
True that. These wiener Delsabans don't hold a torch to the 'Saber.

bunnysama
Nov 4, 2006, 09:05 AM
I miss photon blasts myself, suv weapons are close but not the same

Kanore
Nov 4, 2006, 09:10 AM
On 2006-11-04 05:47, Silhouette wrote:
Delsabers.

Those were an annoyingly necessary EVIL in PSO. The only monster right now that comes close to annoying me as much as them is those Golmoros in relics.

If you played Episode 2, you'd know that the dark dogs in Seabed (holy crap, I forgot their name >_<) were FAR worse than Delsaber, especially on Ulti.

But yeah, Delsaber was the original IT.

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 09:13 AM
On 2006-11-04 06:10, Kanore wrote:

If you played Episode 2, you'd know that the dark dogs in Seabed (holy crap, I forgot their name >_<) were FAR worse than Delsaber, especially on Ulti.

You mean, Delbiters?

Mystil
Nov 4, 2006, 09:14 AM
Delbiters were too easily dispatched. A Delsaber will sit there laughing at you while you're flinging your 12star weap at it's shield, and to show you how it's done, he'll do his sickening 3-hit combo and slap you around to add insult to injury -.-.

I know no one misses Ob lilies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Kanore
Nov 4, 2006, 09:16 AM
On 2006-11-04 06:13, Lashiens wrote:

On 2006-11-04 06:10, Kanore wrote:

You mean, Delbiters?

Yeah, oh god, I have a repressed memory from having to heal all of those horrible Ult Seabed runs on GC >_<

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 09:16 AM
Megid > You. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Chimeria
Nov 4, 2006, 09:22 AM
I miss the way the missions were. Your character was way more involved. I wish they went back to missions like seat of heart and soul of steel instead of just having your character go through an area and kill stuff.

And nothing compares to finding a red box with an ultra rare weapon inside. I remember the frst time i found my agito...

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 09:36 AM
I'd love to see Maximum Attack make a reappearance. That was probably my favorite event.

cobfab
Nov 4, 2006, 09:54 AM
I like the very last rooms in all Endless Nnightmares, ALL-OUT HACK AND SLASH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobfab on 2006-11-04 06:56 ]</font>

Arias
Nov 4, 2006, 10:58 AM
EVERYBODY will miss pwning Dark Falzy's arse.

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 11:11 AM
I also do very much miss going through the ending music sequence after killing Olga Flow.

Endovelicus
Nov 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
I, too, miss Dark Falz and Endless Nightmares... that room gave me nightmares for the longest time... maybe in the upcoming additions to the game they will add a boss similar to Dark Falz for the hell of it... I'd love to kill that life stealing, dirty, low-down slum again.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SwiftMetal
Nov 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
i miss the way that you could find more than 1 weapon in an area.... maybe l;ike 15... now, if im lucky, ill find a weapon once every.... 6 missions?

AeraLure
Nov 4, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-11-04 06:22, Chimeria wrote:
I miss the way the missions were. Your character was way more involved. I wish they went back to missions like seat of heart and soul of steel instead of just having your character go through an area and kill stuff.

And nothing compares to finding a red box with an ultra rare weapon inside. I remember the frst time i found my agito...

That about sums it up for me. I was going to say precisely that about not having any sense of a story at all onlune with PSU at the moment, with no colorful quest NPCs and fun little diversions like PSO had, but Chimeria beat me to it. I miss this the most. Maybe we will some more things like this soon.

Alas I would also have to agree the excitement over finding a red box was much higher than finding a board or an odd little material item, but I suppose synthing will grow on me over time as my PM advances.

Lashiens
Nov 4, 2006, 12:02 PM
I would have loved to see Section ID's come back in someway, shape, or form. Not necessarily in the same iteration per se, but would be REALLY cool if you could get section id's as an optional clothing item, like a patch on the shoulder or something like that. Or maybe even better, shield units that made the section id symbol of whatever color type, when you blocked. Now that would be extra cool.

Carnage781
Nov 4, 2006, 12:17 PM
Megid > all

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 4, 2006, 12:54 PM
I miss you dark falz ...for some reason i cant remember the mines boss at ALL.... DC was so long ago.

Raifen
Nov 4, 2006, 01:54 PM
I miss Males and Females having different attack patterns.

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 01:57 PM
The thing that surprised me the most is that there is some content that is only available online, O_O

Xbob
Nov 4, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-11-04 06:22, Chimeria wrote:

We don't have any missions yet. Ours are "free missions," the TRUE missions come down the road. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

aquafire
Nov 4, 2006, 02:40 PM
I miss being able to go to level 200 on offline.

Xbob
Nov 4, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-11-04 09:54, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
I miss you dark falz ...for some reason i cant remember the mines boss at ALL.... DC was so long ago.

You won't miss Dark Falz for long. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SEB
Nov 4, 2006, 03:18 PM
I surprisingly miss MAGs. Some MAGs actually looked cool floating beside your character.

Dante_Fried
Nov 4, 2006, 03:24 PM
I also miss mags... I had a Rati and it looked cool on my Ramar, and I also miss the visible shields (Like Shield of Delsaber), but the new equipment looks cool too. I can't say I miss anything online as I never took PSO online, but I will take PSU online.

BloodDragoon
Nov 4, 2006, 03:25 PM
I miss my slicers and J swords...

Also I hope they add something like challenge mode later.

Abaru-FP
Nov 4, 2006, 03:26 PM
I miss the original look of the character classes. Its great that anyone can be anything they want, but it really bugs me that the only difference between a FOnewm and a HUmar is that one carries a staff.

Crusae
Nov 4, 2006, 03:28 PM
I miss my Mag ; . ; goodbye old friend.

Oyako
Nov 4, 2006, 03:30 PM
I miss my Mag, Photon Blasts, Mission layouts, traps, and most of all.................................. chairs that I can float around in :0