PDA

View Full Version : Enemy variations

Skuda
Nov 4, 2006, 12:11 PM
I've been watching this for a while now, and I've noticed that the enemies with powerups/equipment have a slightly varied appearance to them.

first off, the Pannon have honeycomb like spheres for hands, isntead of the usual nubs.

The Vahra have a shield, Vahra claw, and a helmet (seen some without the spiked helmet)

The Badira seem to have a mech like helm, and the gohmon are yellow and have a slightly different head shape.

I suppose it would be safe to call these versions, "leaders". Most of them attack with packs of their normal brotheren.

I'll try and capture some screenshots of the variations for the bestiary.

I just thought this was an interesting little addition from sonic team. Something suttle, but a good little detail that they added in.

Remedy
Nov 4, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah - take a look at the enemy information when you see those mobs. You'll find that they'll have status changes - a red sword, a blue shield, so forth - indicating boosted stats.

Leaders, indicated by a gold crown, can use Resta, and also take half damage.

Sable_Edge
Nov 4, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah, and don't forget SEED elemental variations.
Yellow Crown - Indicates leader (they usualy have different heads, though I have seen a leader enemy on Neudeiz that has different hands instead)
Red Sword - Extra strength
Blue Shield - Extra defense (there is obvious visual difference with the sheild on their arm(s) )
White Cane - Spellcaster

BloodDragoon
Nov 4, 2006, 03:35 PM
On top of taking half damage those leaders hit twice as hard which can suck really bad at times when you dont notice it's a leader immediately when jumping into that pile of monsters. lol

TheStoicOne
Nov 4, 2006, 03:48 PM
The leader enemies are super annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandaroll.gif

Saner
Nov 4, 2006, 04:20 PM
oh so thats what those symbols mean.