PDA

View Full Version : you people are dumb...

atomisk
Nov 4, 2006, 01:42 PM
I dont understand why people keep saying its perfectly fine for sega to give us a game with only 9 missions available from the start. its a rediculous tactic to make it seem like were getting all sorts of new content in the updates when in reality it'll be six months before we actually get the ENTIRE game. anyway, thats to say im not happy with the game because im fine doing the same missions over and over, and if you reply to this please have an actual point, not just a flame

Xbob
Nov 4, 2006, 01:45 PM
Play the story mode.

The point is simple, Sega wants to give us "new" stuff, as you said, without giving it all at once. I, for one, find this a brilliant idea that keeps us from doing everything in the game in the first few weeks. Sure, it would be awesome to have everything at once, but this also gives them time to develop completely new content as well, Japan is already getting brand new missions. Maybe it's just cause I have a full time job now and didn't with PSO, but this way makes it much more fun for me.

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 01:47 PM
You've been here since 2004 of January.

You should've known this a long time ago. In my opinion, you have no right to complain about something that you should've figured out 2 years ago.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
On 2006-11-04 10:42, atomisk wrote:
I dont understand why people keep saying its perfectly fine for sega to give us a game with only 9 missions available from the start. its a rediculous tactic to make it seem like were getting all sorts of new content in the updates when in reality it'll be six months before we actually get the ENTIRE game. anyway, thats to say im not happy with the game because im fine doing the same missions over and over, and if you reply to this please have an actual point, not just a flame

Im also tired of the saem missions, in fact Im boycotting dragon and refuse to to do him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Im tyrng to finish story and only get on to make a little money and feed my pm until theres more to do.

daniel_drago
well look at this way, WoW gets updated every now and again since it came out same is going to happen with psu its exactly the same it's just the fact that either you're to used to offline mode and want the stuff that you can get there or you have seen and read everything that will be avialable and you're getting impatient (sorry on spelling there lol), think of it like that what you have is the full game (like WoW) then you get a load of stuff added to increase the experience (whao just like WoW suprisingly) I'm not totaly bothered by the fact that when we get the game we don't have the full game but at least we know that we will and that we will get even more than we expect.

Nukei
*Squeezes MoneyBag*

Story Mode is much more fun than online mode if none of your friends are on.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
I woudlnt mind if i wasnt paying.... but we are paying to wait

daniel_drago
Nov 4, 2006, 01:51 PM
we are paying them, therefore they will make more add-ons for us otherwise they know they'll get angry people on the phone lol

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 01:59 PM
Pfft, that's funny.

Angry people on the phone.

Seriously, they're not going to change their entire buisness idea for the sake of a few people who think this is dumb. There are still a couple hundred other people paying to play.

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 02:07 PM
The lack of missions does bother me, but outside of that I think any whining for new content is silly. I myself have complained plenty in #rpgfan about not having Mota open (I was playing through it in JP and I miss it), but then I realised how asinine that was of me.

The game has a lot we haven't explored. If you're blasting through everything, you're not taking the time to enjoy the game. I think C.S. Lewis put it rather well in his Experiment in Criticism (I'm about to paraphrase), that a poor or unliterary reader was the sort who only wanted action, who was too impatient to actually read the book for its detail and its spirit. Hence all the newer Lord of the Rings fans claiming the books are too slow.

The same thing can be applied to the gamer who admires too little of the game he has. I understand youthful impatience (and this is impatience is by no means biological, it is utterly a mental form of youth), but I'm not that old myself (23's plenty young) and I think many others like me are the same: We're willing to slow down and wait. The impatient acquisition of new materials is an immaturity, which I think far too many gamers suffer from.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-11-04 10:48, daniel_drago wrote:
well look at this way, WoW gets updated every now and again since it came out same is going to happen with psu its exactly the same it's just the fact that either you're to used to offline mode and want the stuff that you can get there or you have seen and read everything that will be avialable and you're getting impatient (sorry on spelling there lol), think of it like that what you have is the full game (like WoW) then you get a load of stuff added to increase the experience (whao just like WoW suprisingly) I'm not totaly bothered by the fact that when we get the game we don't have the full game but at least we know that we will and that we will get even more than we expect.

UM yea your compelety wrong. WoW was relased as a full game and the updates are add on, where as PSU is all there adn we can't play it. WHich is compeletely bullshit, It's just so that Sega can acommmedate fucking PS2 and all it's crappyness. So in fact nothing will be new just stuff we can play now. It's kinda like driving a car with 1 wheel

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 02:15 PM
I fail to see how what Sega's doing is "accommodating PS2 users". If all the same information exists on the PS2 discs, and it's going to be unlocked in eventuality anyway, how would it have any bearing whether you were on PS2, PC, or X360?

daniel_drago
Nov 4, 2006, 02:20 PM
er genobee i never said WoW wasn't a full game i have said that it gets add-ons to increase the experience of the game and same with PSU most of the content is there you are right but it isn't on the servers and like i said people get annoyed because they know of what is possible because they have heard and read so much and they've played offline and then they go online to find it isn't avialable. OHNOZ end of the world cant you just wait a couple of months then start paying for it if it realy concerns you that much.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-11-04 11:15, Hidoshi wrote:
I fail to see how what Sega's doing is "accommodating PS2 users". If all the same information exists on the PS2 discs, and it's going to be unlocked in eventuality anyway, how would it have any bearing whether you were on PS2, PC, or X360?

It does make a diffrence. If PSU was relased with every thing that is on that game disk. Then that would mean the only thing that would be left was to add gamplay updates and unless the PS2 had to use the Hardrive there is no way it can hold updates on a 8mb card. It would be immpossible. So intern locking parts of the game on the disk for online is a blatant attempt to make updates possible on the PS2. SO what happenes after every thing is unlocked on the disk? are we done with updates cause the POS pS2 can't handle updates with out the hard drive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-04 11:30 ]</font>

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 02:32 PM
Ah, that works. Still, I find that a pretty good way of dealing with updates when it comes to a disc-based system.

As to the second part: No. They'll release expansions like every other online RPG. That or perhaps a custom memory card, I don't know. There are some troubling concepts of how to handle PS2 content following the first disc being unlocked, but I'm sure Sega's thought ahead about it in some fashion.

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 02:33 PM
They are releasing an expansion pack, Illumines no Yabou I think it is.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 02:40 PM
cause buying extra hard where for updates is reasonable.

happy_cricket
Nov 4, 2006, 02:42 PM
What's funny to me is that in PSO, people bitched because there was never any new content, and in PSU people bitch because there is new content coming. Teh funnay.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 02:45 PM
But it's not new. Thats the problem,

Arias
Nov 4, 2006, 02:50 PM
Oh God, stop nagging.
There is nothing you can do about the fact that it'll take long for the final update to be here.
I myself like it (not that it matters since i don't have the game yet), i think it's a good idea.
And happy_cricket has a very good point LOL

Xbob
Nov 4, 2006, 02:50 PM
People would complain if Jesus walked in their house with dirty sandals.

daniel_drago
Nov 4, 2006, 02:58 PM
xbob the big winner of the day *shakes his hand*

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 03:18 PM
By definition, "new" has the secondary definition of "in original condition, not worn or used", which pretty much describes the yet-unlocked content on the disc. As far as NA gamers are concerned, anything unlocked is "new".

To take this absurdity a step further: Content created at Sega is 'locked', in that we have no access to it until they ship it on disc or via download. Thus any content we get via a patch, an update, or in an expansion pack has existed for months before we ever "unlock" it.

Stop complaining, cheese.

Faendryl
Nov 4, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-11-04 11:50, Xbob wrote:
People would complain if Jesus walked in their house with dirty sandals.

I know I would!

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 03:31 PM
you know, right now we do have all the information on the disk, seeing as all the info on the disc is used only for story and extra mode. Everything else is on segas servers, everything.

we got the game in the EXACT same condition as the Japanese players did, the only difference is that we know whats comming next.

Agrias
Nov 4, 2006, 03:34 PM
Actual content updates > Time released unlocks.

Seems people have pretty much covered what I wrote as I was writing it. Don't mind me.

Since Sega can't add any new content, thanks in part to the playstation 2, they locked practically the entire game so that they could recreate the illusion that they are adding content when all they are doing is opening access to what is already there. Personally, I have a problem with that, although, others don't.

I must say i'd do the exact same thing if I were them. Sega wants our money and giving us the entire game right off the bat would be pretty foolish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agrias on 2006-11-04 12:39 ]</font>

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 03:42 PM
you all make my brain hurt...

KiteWolfwood
Nov 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
Hmm let me see here. We have a story mode, an extra mode, and an Online mode with 9 missions with varying degrees of difficulty. Not only that but each of the four races has three jobs that you can play as. Yup Sega sure got us good by not giving us anything.

Wheatpenny
Nov 4, 2006, 04:32 PM
While I agree the same missions are a little blahsee persay,I realy don't think that PS2 limitations are what is holding them back lets be frank surely SEGA had the forethought that there was some way sans hard drive that they could expand PSU for PS2 or else they would have some PO'ED customers in the future,which probably explains the delay this game had so they could figure a work around.And yeah sure they could have locked the content and created the illusion of expansions sure, but seriously,I'm not a game programer but come on would that realy take that long to lock stuff.....no.So I would think that hell or high water updates are forthcoming for all consoles.They probably locked most of all the stuff and have it on a time release schedule so that everyone could probably have a chance to get into the game and get used to it without the leigon of hardcore locking themseves indoors and muscling all the way up to S rank missions and veritable tons of people already being maxed out.But I do see your point I had a set of Tenora Works weapons sitting around i trashed due to the fact I can't go to Moataab to upgrade them so the point about the game being unfinished I guess could be substantiated on that alone.But I beleive that it is finished its just SEGA's choice to pace out the stuff in the game so we all don't do it at once.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-11-04 12:18, Hidoshi wrote:
By definition, "new" has the secondary definition of "in original condition, not worn or used", which pretty much describes the yet-unlocked content on the disc. As far as NA gamers are concerned, anything unlocked is "new".

To take this absurdity a step further: Content created at Sega is 'locked', in that we have no access to it until they ship it on disc or via download. Thus any content we get via a patch, an update, or in an expansion pack has existed for months before we ever "unlock" it.

So if you buy a house and the guy who owned it before you locked all the rooms in the house and only left one room open then comes by each month and hands you a key to open a one of the rooms, You would think "HEY NEW CONTENT!" ...... you lead a sad life my friend.

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 05:14 PM
Faulty analogy. Those rooms have already been used, and are not "new" in any sense but personal perception.

But even if your analogy worked, it's in a field unrelated to shipment of product. Suppose you're an Everquest player from back when the game was first released. You hear about Ruins of Kunark being on the horizon. That content already exists. Patches have been made to bring the current game up to speed with the "new" content. All they require you to do is install it.

Guess what? It's not really "new" or "old". You just haven't seen it yet. So the argument stands.

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 05:15 PM
Ugh, you know I hate fighting on the internet, but Genobee, you are truly a fucking moron.

This isn't the exact response that SEGA wants, but it's close to it. They released a few pieces of content because they want you to stay interested enough to keep playing and find out what else they have in store for us.

Just hold your fucking horses or don't play the game until a major update.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:14, Hidoshi wrote:
Faulty analogy. Those rooms have already been used, and are not "new" in any sense but personal perception.

But even if your analogy worked, it's in a field unrelated to shipment of product. Suppose you're an Everquest player from back when the game was first released. You hear about Ruins of Kunark being on the horizon. That content already exists. Patches have been made to bring the current game up to speed with the "new" content. All they require you to do is install it.

Guess what? It's not really "new" or "old". You just haven't seen it yet. So the argument stands.

How is that fualty, thats is exactly whats going on. New Content inmplys that I don't have this yet. If you own some thing but you can't get to it, does not mean it's new when you finaly get to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-04 14:31 ]</font>

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 05:35 PM
Nevermind. Just stop playing PSU, okay?

There. Problem fixed.

Necrosis
Nov 4, 2006, 05:35 PM
Anything in the offline mode that is NOT on the online mode I consider BS because it is being withheld from the players despite the fact it is finalized code (not beta). If all we had access to offline was the same stuff as online, then it would be a different issue (lack of content, rather than playing us for chumps). I just feel like I'm being slapped in the face, the rest of the game is RIGHT THERE IN MY FACE, and yet locked because some genious at Sega thought it was a good marketing decision to time lock it. I do expect this kind of shadey behavior from Sega however, so I'm in no way surprised as they really havent learned from most of their previous mistakes either.

The above kunark analogy can be explained. The content "exists" but is not finalized, it is in development and goes through some form of beta stages before it ever reaches the general public. Just because you know about it doesnt mean anything in itself.

The house analogy does make sense to me, though a little strange. It is the difference between paying for a house that already has bedrooms that you are forbidden from using, vs paying for a house that includes future addon construction. If the rooms already exist, why the heck would it be "time locked"?

Just my own thoughts.

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2006, 05:37 PM

I'm sorry, I couldn't here you over that whining noise. Could you repeat that, but this time with a valid point?

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:35, Hidoshi wrote:
Nevermind. Just stop playing PSU, okay?

There. Problem fixed.

WHy just because Sega can't dump the PS2? And lyed about game content?

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 05:39 PM
Clearly because you're displeased with the product you have bought. You know what you do when you don't like a product? STOP USING IT.

Or hey, continue to bitch and whine like a sissy. Your choice. ^~

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 05:40 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:39, Hidoshi wrote:
Clearly because you're displeased with the product you have bought. You know what you do when you don't like a product? STOP USING IT.

No cause I think Sega owns me for false advertising

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 05:41 PM
Hidoshi, I really like you. AIM plz?

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 05:43 PM
Sorry, I'm already with Parn. You'll have to talk to him if you're into that sorta thing. ^.~

But seriously, no offence: I'd prefer to hang out and get to know more of you guys before I start giving out my AIM. Only regular poster I know here is Parn.

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:39, Hidoshi wrote:

And then that fixes everything. Of course giving feedback to the creator won't ever fix anything right? I mean companies don't want to hear what you think cause it won't help them make a better product. We should just take what we get be happy or never use it cause their's no point trying to improve on it. >.>

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 05:46 PM
As you can tell by my post count I'm still a PSOW newby-bewby too. Lol.

Hidoshi
Nov 4, 2006, 05:49 PM
What he's doing is hardly qualified as "feedback". "Whining" is a very precise term to describe his method, in fact. Feedback is all well and good, but if you can't phrase anything in a constructive manner and all it boils down to is abject criticism, why should the company listen to you?

Wheatpenny
Nov 4, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:11, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-11-04 12:18, Hidoshi wrote:

So if you buy a house and the guy who owned it before you locked all the rooms in the house and only left one room open then comes by each month and hands you a key to open a one of the rooms, You would think "HEY NEW CONTENT!" ...... you lead a sad life my friend.

Yeah I would have thought of a better analogy that one doesen't fit.Kinda like this one.Say you buy a house and not all the rooms are built but the architect insists he will add new rooms each month when in actuality he builds the rooms he didn't finish in the first place.Is that kinda more of what you were trying to say?

Arias
Nov 4, 2006, 05:51 PM
No SonicTMP, it's just, 99% of the players on PSU are satisfied with what they get, and 1% won't make the difference.
As far as I know, 99% is more than 1%

daylight129
Nov 4, 2006, 05:52 PM
O RLY?

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 05:53 PM
1% huh? i see a hell of a lot more than 1% unhappy with the current state of the game.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:49, Hidoshi wrote:
What he's doing is hardly qualified as "feedback". "Whining" is a very precise term to describe his method, in fact. Feedback is all well and good, but if you can't phrase anything in a constructive manner and all it boils down to is abject criticism, why should the company listen to you?

Cause she buy there products......

I think it's funny that people complain about people complaining

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/Gonz886/Internet.jpg

Sev
Nov 4, 2006, 05:54 PM
If you want to give feedback, mail Sega, and stop copmlaining on this board.

Please. It's the best solution for everyone.

Now if you want people to tell you what you should do, or tell you to shut up, please, feel free to continue complaining on this forum. You act as if you're the only one that's not accessing the content right now, we all know, we just don't care as much. It's coming, and it's not like most people are to a point where they could really access all of the new content anyway. So...

If you don't like the game, quit.

If you don't like what Sega's doing, mail them, call them, send them a letter. I don't care, just don't do it here, cuz this is not the place to get their attention.

If you however, want our wonderful feedback, you can continue to post here and get the same responses asking you to simply leave. I'm not such a bad guy, but seriously, it's been going on for a long time now. Before there was whining about delays, next there was whining about not having the game, and now there's whining that you have the game, and even though you basically knew the position the Japanese were in at first you want everything now. The bases have already been covered, it sucks. Deal with it, or move on. It's such a simple choice.

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:54, Sev wrote:
If you want to give feedback, mail Sega, and stop copmlaining on this board.

Please. It's the best solution for everyone.

Now if you want people to tell you what you should do, or tell you to shut up, please, feel free to continue complaining on this forum. You act as if you're the only one that's not accessing the content right now, we all know, we just don't care as much. It's coming, and it's not like most people are to a point where they could really access all of the new content anyway. So...

If you don't like the game, quit.

If you don't like what Sega's doing, mail them, call them, send them a letter. I don't care, just don't do it here, cuz this is not the place to get their attention.

If you however, want our wonderful feedback, you can continue to post here and get the same responses asking you to simply leave. I'm not such a bad guy, but seriously, it's been going on for a long time now. Before there was whining about delays, next there was whining about not having the game, and now there's whining that you have the game, and even though you basically knew the position the Japanese were in at first you want everything now. The bases have already been covered, it sucks. Deal with it, or move on. It's such a simple choice.

Oddly enough that statement holds true for all the people complaining about the complaning. Not one mmo out there doesn't go thru this sort of problems. IF you think the "bitching", "whinning" and "complaining" is unique to psoworld then your blind. You think people aen't emailing sega with this complaints?

Reality check people! The game has some major problems with it right now. And those problems aren't something like class imbalance or bugs in the system. It's the fact 90% of the content we should of had on day 1, the same stuff the japanese should of had day 1, is still locked. No other mmo has done this content lock where they unlock a small part of whats in the game each week. And don't even point out blue burst cause episode 1&2 had been demomilished by 99% of the players years before. You effectivly were waiting for an expanssion to be released.

Speaking of expansions.. none find it odd that even before PSU was offically released we got an announcment of an expannison? We don't even have all the default content unlocked but they are already working on an full fledged expansion.

I'd also like to point at the rather average reviews PSU has been getting. With so much locked reviewers have not much to look at. It's no wonder the reviews suck.

Seriously, people are blind not to notice whats wrong with the game at the moment.

But of course it's eaiser to bitch about the whinners, tell them to stop playing like they will magically listen and the world will be wonderful once more..... dream on.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 4, 2006, 06:18 PM
I'd join in the "whinning" but I'm too happy playing what little there is. Yeah, I think it's wrong to keep all that content locked up, but I'm just grateful to finally play an online RPG besides Monster Hunter that doesn't suck assballs.

Sev
Nov 4, 2006, 06:18 PM
I clearly remember saying that I've never seen anyone whine about this game. I should never have said that.

I didn't say that. And no, I don't think they're emailing Sega. People talk and talk and talk, but they hardly ever do something that actually counts. It's pitiful, and it's just sad to watch the same thing happen day in and day out. Whats worst is that I can't stop myself from coming in here and trying to save eveyrone the trouble. It's been dealt with, all the complaining or "feedback" isn't going to keep this from happening. What's worse, is that the games hardly been out for 3 weeks yet. Serioulsy, people need to get a grip.

Here's a reality check for ya... Things in life have problems. You can...

A.) Work through them.

B.) Deal with them.

C.) Do something about them that's actually productive.

D.) Not deal with them at all if they're that much of a problem.

F.) Which stands for fail, complain.

No one who plays the actual game should even be worrying about the reviews. There's no point. Most other games, including this one in Japan had it's servers go completely belly up at launch. This one had what... 2 days of problems at the US release? Yeah, the Japanese release had it's problems as well, and they dealt with 'em. And I'm sure all of the whining and moaning that they dealt with while trying to fix the problems... Didn't help at all. The complaining doesn't help, period. You can do whatever the hell you want, I don't really care if you drive out to San Fran and picket the Sega of America building over this. It doesn't matter to me, but you know exactly what's coming when you bring up topics that have been discussed already.

There's a fundamental problem here, people are whining and worrying way too much. If your upset with Sega, how about some actions eh? Not more "lolol, he's complaining about someone else complaining" because I honestly couldn't care less. Is your post going to make me stop playing PSU? No. Is it going to stop me from telling friends about this game, and actually showing it to them instead of a review? No. Is this post going to make the content come out faster? No. It's doing none of the above, and it really doesn't bother me as much as you'd think.

I just think that if you know that all your doing is whining, you should just give it a rest and move on. There's other things to do, and with that, I'm going back to my *Duh duh du~h* Incomplete Game.

And I'm pretty sure that it was already discussed that Everquest Adventures, a PS2 Online game, went ahead with the same kind of process years before this game. It's not something that's never been done before like you'd claim. I've also, never known the announcement of an expansion to a game that you like as a bad thing. I've actually known it to mean that your game is being supported though.

Arias
Nov 4, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-11-04 14:53, SonicTMP wrote:
1% huh? i see a hell of a lot more than 1% unhappy with the current state of the game.

You know why? Becuase 1/3rd of the people in this topic say the game """""isn't doing good for them"""""
But the other people who like it, aren't as dumb as I am to react to your kind.
Try to remember how many people in this topic are complaining, and how many members there are (yes, the active ones, won't give you more than 1% difference)

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 06:35 PM
Funny I never said i hated a *Duh duh du~h* Incomplete Game. I imported the japanese version and dealt with the server blow ups, the problems with my rooms, the lag. Did it done it. Not that big of a deal. Was annoying but hey I and serveral other importers saw it thru.

And look, I'm playign the english version now. My native lanugage. Imagine that, I like the game enough to play it in 2 different lanugages and tookt he hassle of dealing with the imports problems. Not just me but alot of other people did too.

A.) Work through them.

B.) Deal with them.

C.) Do something about them that's actually productive.

D.) Not deal with them at all if they're that much of a problem.

F.) Which stands for fail, complain.

a) did it.
b) did it.
c) little hard for myself personally back in import since i don't skeap japanese very well. BUt hay I've sent in a complaint to US sega.
d) done that. I'm not a super addict so times i get bored I do something else for a while. Oddly enough I keep comming back tot he game... i wonder why?
f) and who doesn't complain in some form or matter? There are very few people who are 100% happy with everything. Something, somewhere bothers everyone in some way. And they will complain about it.

And there isn't anything you can do about the complaints. Petty much like there is nothing you can do about people who come in and tell you to shutup, deal with it, or do something else cause they don't want to hear you complain. But hey, telling others what to do and never letting them let out their fustrations in some form will make the world a better place right?

As for EQ adventures... how long did that last?

And the expansion? Ya its nice to know the game is being supported. But it is also makes you wonder if they think everything is perfect now and doesn't need any attention. Kinda hard to tell what problems you might have "now" when most of the game is locked.

Try to remember how many people in this topic are complaining,

I tend to look at the big picture than just one little spot. PSO world isn't the only fourms in the world for PSU. This isn't even the only topic in PSO world that has people complaining. Might wanna step back and look at things from more than one angle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicTMP on 2006-11-04 15:36 ]</font>

Arias
Nov 4, 2006, 06:39 PM
Yes, and they'll have the same %s as here

Mystil
Nov 4, 2006, 06:41 PM
I don't care about the lack of content. I'm loving how nice and respectful the players are. Something I did not experience in FFXI. The missions are fun(cept relics, that got old *real* fast. Only thing that compells me to still do that is the BGM)and there is so much else I can do besides fight(synthing). What is going to happen is Sega is going to release to stuff and people will then complain about it's design. Come on people, just enjoy the game for what it is. And if you cannot, there is a ton of other MMOs coming out and the ones that are currently available.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 4, 2006, 07:03 PM
People have a right to whine and complain about a game that releases, and is only half complete.

This game is sitll fun to play in its state, and ill continue to play it and have fun, but i WILL complain and vent from time to time that this game needs more missions etc

Why? Because its justified thats why

Now back to your original sega fanboy raving flamer program

PS: the majority of people playing this game do not come here to read or post, or to read or post on sega forums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-04 16:06 ]</font>

Sev
Nov 4, 2006, 07:26 PM
It's also justified for me to say something along the lines of...

Complain somewhere else? Right?

Or say things like... Do something about it?

See, this is what I don't get. It's not like I don't understand your reasoning because like I said... The content isn't just locked for you, it's the same for all of us. And as much as I'd love to get a Tenora Works weapon and grind it, I can't right now. I've just been dealing with it in my own way, not cluttering up message boards with more of the same things. Maybe if this was just one universal post of all the complaints of the game, you guys could rant away. But no... It's gotta be a new topic everytime. And it has to have titles like these. That really make people wanna respect your opinion. I had something to say, so I said it.

So now we're at what?

Complaining about the people complaining at those that are complaining?

We can go on forever guys, it's not like it'll end even after content is unlocked because you'll want... More content. And even then, after all that new content, maybe an expansion... You'll still ask, "Where's the content!?" and complain that Sega is just sitting around not doing anything about it. If you really wanna "Vent" your frustrations, there's alot more constructive way to do it then to bring it to the fan boards and expect awesome replies. Especially when there's not much anyone can do, it's not like there's some magical fix for content coming out aside from what I've already said. And if you can't tolerate waiting, then people have a right to not tolerate your complaints. Like I said, it can go on forever if you'd like.

We can sit here and throw around all the reasons in the world as to why people should complain, why people shouldn't comlain, but at the end of the day the content still ain't here, and you're still probably saying the same things. You could do this anywhere, you just simply chose here because you know what kind of place this is. It's called flamebaiting on the part of the OP, and I clearly took the bait. No one has any real reason to post here, because we all know that things are gonna ride out how they do, and that me telling you not to complain, certainly isn't going to stop you.

How long did Everquest Online Adventures last isn't a topic I can comment on, but I believe that someone that has the game could tell you, I think it was Odin Tyler that mentioned that little nugget of information, and I simply put it there because like I said... It's not the first time it's ever happened. Hell, they even say that the current FFXI expansion had all of the content for Aht Urghan, yet they didn't get certain features til a month or 2 later. It's not an unheard of practice, you apparently just haven't played games that have done it before.

I just think it's strange, in your case, not so much the OP's. You could pretty much guess what was going to happen based on the JP release, and anything else you guessed what just you getting your hopes up when Sega made no promises. There's also this talk about an incomplete game, but it's only really the Online portion that has to be updated, when the rest is simply a complete game. Of course, since most people just say "No one cares about Offline anyway" there's no reason to even metnion that in the first place. I mean seriously, there's tons of things you can do to vent your frustation about the game... And there's alot more productive ways to doing it then by posting threads that agitate the communitty of a game that they obviously like very much. I'm not saying that your doing it Sonic, but there are others that are. Frankly, I'm not bothered by it, your problems with the game aren't my problems. And I know already, that it's too much to ask to simply log into the Forum and not see threads like these, but my God isn't there another place you can do it? Like...

Home maybe? To a family member? A friend that plays the game? Your dog? Whatever, just some place other then right here?

Lemme answer that for myself. No.

xFuZioN
Nov 4, 2006, 07:30 PM
Quick question...after the whole disc is unlocked, do you think there will be additional content after that?

Sev
Nov 4, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-11-04 16:30, xFuZioN wrote:
Quick question...after the whole disc is unlocked, do you think there will be additional content after that?

Yeah, there's supposed to be.

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 07:37 PM
i still don't understand why people keep saying "whole disk unlocked" and such...it's all on the servers...

sega will be putting in new missions, story quests, items and wot wot along the way.

you people are complaining about getting a game in the same state as the japanese game was at release...

Sev
Nov 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't mind having more now. But hey, you get what you get. And if I minded it that much, I'd seriously just quit the game. What's the point in forcing yourself?

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 07:40 PM
There really is no sensible reason why we pay for this game.

Q_Anon
Nov 4, 2006, 07:43 PM
There is a reason why we pay for the game, so Sega doesn't go belly up making us lose our updates.

Sev
Nov 4, 2006, 07:45 PM
On 2006-11-04 16:40, ShinMaruku wrote:
There really is no sensible reason why we pay for this game.

Is it an instinct for you then?

Personally, I like it. But of course, that's not everyones reason for playing. I guess everyone has their own reasons.

Complain away though guys, I was wrong to even post in this thread to begin with. If you don't like somethin, leave it alone. I tried to do somethin about it, it didn't work, so I'm moving on to the ignoring phase cuz hey... You can't argue with someone about how they live their life. If you wanna copmlain, do it. If you don't, don't. And if you wanna complain about peopole complaining, do it.

Who the hell cares anyway?

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 4, 2006, 07:49 PM
I do think it'd be much more sensible to wait for Sega to throw more content out there so that we can have more to do with the same fee we're paying now. But, I wanna play NOW so I'm paying now! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SonicTMP
Nov 4, 2006, 07:51 PM
No? I like the fact you think you can answer for me. You spend all that time not cluttering up message boards to speak for me?

Depsite poting on the boards here complaining and arguing I have been do other thigns. And i do bitch to other people about it. But I tend to make it relevant. Since this fourm is meant for PSU dicussion the general complaning gets done here. I tend to complaina bit to my friends when im playing as they do to me too abuot a few things about the game.

So the venting is being done over a space of things. Despite what you think you can vouch for me on.

Though I'm begingin to wonder. You having fun creating clutter for the hell of it or just bored and venting atm?

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-11-04 16:43, Q_Anon wrote:
There is a reason why we pay for the game, so Sega doesn't go belly up making us lose our updates.

They won't go belly up for that, they're the biggest acrade provider on the planet and they got VF. VF=isane ammount of money from the land of the batshit-crazy.

It's really no seisnible reason to pay, it's not an MMO , the "new content is on the disc, it's not EA level so it's not that bad but still defend them all you want, they have no real reason for the fees.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-11-04 16:37, Realmz wrote:
i still don't understand why people keep saying "whole disk unlocked" and such...it's all on the servers...

sega will be putting in new missions, story quests, items and wot wot along the way.

you people are complaining about getting a game in the same state as the japanese game was at release...

Do you even know how video games work? No it's not all on the server, believe it or not 70% of tha data is on your computer, All the graphical stuff is on your computer or on the disk and the Graphics take up the most space. You know how much lag there would be is every single thing was on a the server? If all the graphics where on the server it would take you an hour to load a stage. You would have to download gigs of information every time you swing a sword. SO which makes me wonder if they are gonna change some thing graphicaly how are they gonna down load that onto a 8mb card.

Rageking
Nov 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
Probaly already mentioned, but I would imagine the updates are on the disc and installation already....sega is just waiting to release them....lest they lose all their customers within 2 months.....

After all....this game was WAYYYYYY too damn big for the DVD it was on considering the small amount of content Ingame......it's gotta have more data on there IMO.....

Hell, maybe that 100+ mb patch was it.....considering it didn't add anything significant far as I know....

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 08:42 PM
do i know how video games work?
well lets see im a game designer so yes. yes i do.
somethings wrong with you if you'd think that ANYONE would expect to not have graphical information from the disc (considering we get it from the bloody offline mode)

Please don't feed the trolls anymore people.

EDIT: i'm still wondering while you complaining people aren't doing something constructive with your suggestions and wot wot instead of just bitching on a board sega doesn't care about.

oh wait, this is the internet

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-11-04 17:45 ]</font>

Rageking
Nov 4, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-11-04 16:52, ShinMaruku wrote:

They won't go belly up for that, they're the biggest acrade provider on the planet and they got VF. VF=isane ammount of money from the land of the batshit-crazy.

It's really no seisnible reason to pay, it's not an MMO , the "new content is on the disc, it's not EA level so it's not that bad but still defend them all you want, they have no real reason for the fees.

Sega hasn't been in the great financial shape in years....I think they were bought out by sammy infact. The arcade industry has been in a huge downward spiral.....it doesn't bring in the butter like it used by any degree of the imagination.

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-11-04 17:49, Rageking wrote:

Sega hasn't been in the great financial shape in years....I think they were bought out by sammy infact. The arcade industry has been in a huge downward spiral.....it doesn't bring in the butter like it used by any degree of the imagination.

only officall thing we have is that both sega and sammy were loosing sales so to regroup they combined, but i think sammy was worse off at the time. Their arcade systems had been selling rather bad at around DC time i believe. doesn't much matter, they were in te same both either way, get with another company or go belly up.

they've gotten back up a bit since the Dreamcast however, but not near enough as before the Saturn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-11-04 17:59 ]</font>

BrentGamer
Nov 4, 2006, 09:19 PM
If the title of this thread is a univeresally accepted fact, I must be riding the short bus because I knew what I was getting when I bought PSU on the first day it arrived at my GameStop and I still think it's one of the best games i've played in a long while.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BrentGamer on 2006-11-04 18:19 ]</font>

Fuss
Nov 4, 2006, 09:20 PM
This question seperates the "fans" from the "fanboys"

Having a few things on the disk remain locked till a later time because of a good reason like a seasonal event is perfectly fine. Having a full game on a disk and telling people they have to pay money to wait till the rest of the major content is unlocked over time to fool some 13 year olds into thinking they are downloading some new content that wasn't already on the disk is different

The updates aren't going to be updates on PSU, they are only going to be "unlockdates" and only a "fanboy" will be so blindly in love with something that he will stick up for that. I still like the game and I'm still going to play it, but I'm not going to pretend its not completely idiotic.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 09:36 PM
On 2006-11-04 17:49, Rageking wrote:

Sega is quite fine now, they stopped the free fall with the Dreamcast and with Sammy they were able to rise to the top of the arcade scene again. They are no longer in the red and is pulling a decent profit now.

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:20, Fuss wrote:

Having a few things on the disk remain locked till a later time because of a good reason like a seasonal event is perfectly fine. Having a full game on a disk and telling people they have to pay money to wait till the rest of the major content is unlocked over time to fool some 13 year olds into thinking they are downloading some new content that wasn't already on the disk is different

The updates aren't going to be updates on PSU, they are only going to be "unlockdates" and only a "fanboy" will be so blindly in love with something that he will stick up for that. I still like the game and I'm still going to play it, but I'm not going to pretend its not completely idiotic.

This man speaks for me.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 09:42 PM

Should be mroe people like thou on this world.

Nephias
Nov 4, 2006, 10:18 PM

Well said.

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 10:27 PM
question, what other, "unlock dates" do we know of other than moatoob and the expert classes and such? cause thats the only thing i've seen...

kazuma56
Nov 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
Its funny, Guild Wars is basically using this exact same model... We get a "new" expansion every 6 months which is supposedly a "full game" and they only add like 1 new thing (PVP/PVe area) per game... GW had NO content updates till a year or half a year after its release (Sorrows Furnace) and that took so long to come out after push backs... Factions to my knowledge hasn't added anything aside from classes and skills and likewise for Nightfall.

So i'm content with what PSU gives because I've been through it already, If PSU was a "full" game already, there would be the "elite" few who have all the "ubers" and basically start the whole elitist side of the community to arise even sooner that it would be if stuff wasn't all given out at once. Its like PSO, it had about nothing until like a year after release (ep1&2) with SOTH and towers... PSU at least we can look forward to another planet and "extra" bosses that aren't in the offline component (wasn't it like 3-4 more online only bosses?) which exceed anything done in PSO.

Razorback
Nov 4, 2006, 10:31 PM
i like the maps/missions and im ok with playing the same maps

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 10:38 PM
right now i have plenty of contect to explore, i've yet to go to the newm planet, i'm currently spending time evolving my PM (just made lv 24 today!) and working on getting room decorations.

i think we should look at this period as a sort of introduction time. theres no super uber stuff out right now (that we can use) so even if/when people hit the cap, there won't be a few who are heads above the others.

and like i and other have said, theres that whole other side of the game, the story side, to play

since i have enough to do online, i think it's worth it

illstyle
Nov 4, 2006, 10:51 PM
WoW was released as a full game with hundreds of unique quests and 14 dungeons with many quests for those dungeons providing hours of unique content in each. That was enough content to keep any player happy likely up to 25-40 days played.

PSU, although I absolutely love it, it released with 9 not so unique dungeons with one goal per dungeon. It is a pitiful amount of content, although comparing to WoW is really not fair since WoW is certainly in a league of its own.

Basically a 'full' game has not been given to us. The game is fantastic and the depth in some areas i am really enjoying (PM, shops, synthing, combat weapon switching, etc) but the initial content is certainly dismal for a brand new online RPG in 2006.

Not trying to whine, I'm enjoying the game, but I am a little disapointed with the content we've got so far.

Genobee
Nov 4, 2006, 11:35 PM
Personaly i think the A B and C mission thing is realy lame.... it realy doesn't make it fun at all. Atleast in PSO with Ultamate mode they changed the look of stuff... I hope there will be more to do in PSU then just hack and Slash the same missions 20 times over...

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2006, 11:39 PM
One thing I cna tell ya this is gonna get a reboot quite soon wathc for it.

kazuma56
Nov 4, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-11-04 20:35, Genobee wrote:
Personaly i think the A B and C mission thing is realy lame.... it realy doesn't make it fun at all. Atleast in PSO with Ultamate mode they changed the look of stuff... I hope there will be more to do in PSU then just hack and Slash the same missions 20 times over...

1. And PSO was any different how? I'll do infinite TTF or Mop-up variations to level/look for items....

2. Ultimate mode didn't change anything, The scenery changed and so did the enemies but they still acted the same, and it only effected ep1, ep2 ultimate was the exact same as N-H-Vh modes.

As for the 20 times over comment...isn't that the gist of EVERY MMORPG in the end? are you honestly saying that WoW's endgame is any different? that running the same AQ40 or naust runs every week to get "phat lewt" is somehow different then killing the "same things 20 times over"? that doing infinite Dynamis or HNM hunting in FFXI is any different? that doing SF/UW/FoW in GW is any different... I could go on and on but if you're looking for "un-repetitive" gameplay in a game...its not going to happen for awhile, at least until games become like .Hack where you ARE your character.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 12:11 AM
On 2006-11-04 20:52, kazuma56 wrote:

On 2006-11-04 20:35, Genobee wrote:

1. And PSO was any different how? I'll do infinite TTF or Mop-up variations to level/look for items....

2. Ultimate mode didn't change anything, The scenery changed and so did the enemies but they still acted the same, and it only effected ep1, ep2 ultimate was the exact same as N-H-Vh modes.

As for the 20 times over comment...isn't that the gist of EVERY MMORPG in the end? are you honestly saying that WoW's endgame is any different? that running the same AQ40 or naust runs every week to get "phat lewt" is somehow different then killing the "same things 20 times over"? that doing infinite Dynamis or HNM hunting in FFXI is any different? that doing SF/UW/FoW in GW is any different... I could go on and on but if you're looking for "un-repetitive" gameplay in a game...its not going to happen for awhile, at least until games become like .Hack where you ARE your character.

I said ultamte mode changed to look of stuff as in the scenary chnaged and the mobs looked diffrent. Yea Lurk More Noob

PSU doesn't have lobby soccer, chair racing, or rappies hoilday 1 and 2.

And dood I haven't even hit End game yet in PSU which doesn't even exsist it's already repedative. Atleast in WoW once I finished the missions in barrens, didn't mean I had to look forward only to coming back to the barrnes between lvls 15-60 doing the same damn things over and over again. Atleast could go fishing in WoW.... there is nothign to do in PSU but fight stuff.

Saikyn
Nov 5, 2006, 12:14 AM

stfu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kazuma56
Nov 5, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-11-04 21:11, Genobee wrote:

[quote]On 2006-11-04 20:35, Genobee wrote:

I said ultamte mode changed to look of stuff as in the scenary chnaged and the mobs looked diffrent. Yea Lurk More Noob

And? I agreed with you but exactly WHAT does this statement mean? aside from aesthetical value it did absolutely NOTHING to the game experience at its core.

Um.. PSU's quests aren't even fully fleshed out yet, rappy holidays? I don't know if remeber if these were timed (seasonal) events or always there but PSU has "holiday" rappy enemies... Chair racing is quite pointless because there is no way to increase your speed and wasn't intentional (nor fun imo), lobby soccor gave no benefits and was underused to my knowledge, I haven't gotten or heard anyone say "up for some lobby soccor" at all... it died once PSO V2 went under for DC.

And dood I haven't even hit End game yet in PSU which doesn't even exsist it's already repedative. Atleast in WoW once I finished the missions in barrens, didn't mean I had to look forward only to coming back to the barrnes between lvls 15-60 doing the same damn things over and over again. Atleast could go fishing in WoW.... there is nothign to do in PSU but fight stuff.

So engaging in a time sink somehow makes the game less repetitive? WoW's missions consisted of either kill X monster(s), find X drop off mob or find this item and then return to town/area of start of mission... the only reason you HAD to leave barrens was because XP gain becomes worthless after awhile, every area featured mobs that acted the exact same but just added in a new attack or a different reskin, flying for upwards to 10 or so minutes is also a time sink to make the game seem less repetitive.

Also, if you don't want to "grind" in PSU try leveling your PM, decorate your room, synthesize some items/equips if you're that bored, these things were added for a reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-11-04 21:48 ]</font>

RamenEater
Nov 5, 2006, 12:52 AM
How can you not expect a flame for having a title entitled "you people are dumb" ?

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 12:58 AM
On 2006-11-04 21:44, kazuma56 wrote:

On 2006-11-04 21:11, Genobee wrote:

[quote]On 2006-11-04 20:35, Genobee wrote:

And? I agreed with you but exactly WHAT does this statement mean? aside from aesthetical value it did absolutely NOTHING to the game experience at its core.

Um.. PSU's quests aren't even fully fleshed out yet, rappy holidays? I don't know if remeber if these were timed (seasonal) events or always there but PSU has "holiday" rappy enemies... Chair racing is quite pointless because there is no way to increase your speed and wasn't intentional (nor fun imo), lobby soccor gave no benefits and was underused to my knowledge, I haven't gotten or heard anyone say "up for some lobby soccor" at all... it died once PSO V2 went under for DC.

So engaging in a time sink somehow makes the game less repetitive? WoW's missions consisted of either kill X monster(s), find X drop off mob or find this item and then return to town/area of start of mission... the only reason you HAD to leave barrens was because XP gain becomes worthless after awhile, every area featured mobs that acted the exact same but just added in a new attack or a different reskin, flying for upwards to 10 or so minutes is also a time sink to make the game seem less repetitive.

Also, if you don't want to "grind" in PSU try leveling your PM, decorate your room, synthesize some items/equips if you're that bored, these things were added for a reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-11-04 21:48 ]</font>

yea thats why you enjoy repedative game play because your one of the many people who think if I don't get any thing, It an't worth doing.

kazuma56
Nov 5, 2006, 01:23 AM
yea thats why you enjoy repedative game play because your one of the many people who think if I don't get any thing, It an't worth doing.

This is coming from someone who made an erronous statement that PSU doesn't have "other" things to do besides kill things... I notice you didn't say anything about raising your PM or creating a "unique" room for yourself.

BTW, Fishing in WoW CAN net you income and it also is a way to feed your pet if your using one that accepts fish as a hunter, it can also be used to feed yourself as well... so basically it isn't a "waste" of your or my time to do so... still doesn't change the fact that its a time sink though.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 01:28 AM
On 2006-11-04 22:23, kazuma56 wrote:

This is coming from someone who made an erronous statement that PSU doesn't have "other" things to do besides kill things... I notice you didn't say anything about raising your PM or creating a "unique" room for yourself.

BTW, Fishing in WoW CAN net you income and it also is a way to feed your pet if your using one that accepts fish as a hunter, it can also be used to feed yourself as well... so basically it isn't a "waste" of your or my time to do so... still doesn't change the fact that its a time sink though.

Ok cause deorateing your room takes all of 2 seconds, Feeding your PM takes maybe 5 minutes then you have to wait for hours to be able to feed it again. and Making some thing takes 2 seconds then you have to wait and hour for it to finish. Yea I don't call that realy a some thing to do.

EJ
Nov 5, 2006, 02:28 AM
I personally like the fact they are taking there time with content release, look at BB they release everything and people just grinded their way and finished everything.

If ST did release Motaab(sp?) and the seed ship then you will see people complaining that they want more stuff and everyone would be on max level and still complain even with the last 2 places unlock.

No matter what people will still find something to complain about no matter what. I say if you are unhappy with the current content stop playing and wait a few month till you think their enough content and complaining to ST isn't going to help and hope they don't do what they did on BB because of all the whining people on the sega boards waiting everything at once and look what happen there.

mastashake
Nov 5, 2006, 02:28 AM

I like this game but if they don't add something this thur I will cancel my GL for a few months.

Agrias
Nov 5, 2006, 02:33 AM
They should add a disclaimer to the billing registration page. Ten dollars a month buys you 1/4 of the game.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 03:06 AM
Wow people realy don't get the arguement....... The reason why we are mad is whya re we paying 50 bucks for 1/4 a game and 10 bucks a month for nothing new? What it boils down too is PSU= Diablo with a subscription fee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-05 00:08 ]</font>

Arias
Nov 5, 2006, 05:35 AM
Nobody ever obligated you for playing online. Then wait 3months or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I'll be having fun though

Ecstasy
Nov 5, 2006, 06:06 AM
I think there should be more content added now:) But to those who are complaining, you knew how little was going to be available the first 3-4 weeks. there doing just like they do the JP servers. Once these few weeks end you will have tons, and tons of content. then a couple weeks from then, you will have even more stuff added, and lvl 60:) So just be a little patient for now.

it is coming, and when it gets here you will be very happy:) I'm using this time to save up a few hundred thousand Mesesta, so when the stuff does come ill have the mesesta to buy nice stuff:)

Realmz
Nov 5, 2006, 06:18 AM
On 2006-11-05 00:06, Genobee wrote:
Wow people realy don't get the arguement....... The reason why we are mad is whya re we paying 50 bucks for 1/4 a game and 10 bucks a month for nothing new? What it boils down too is PSU= Diablo with a subscription fee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-05 00:08 ]</font>

no we get that we just don't get why you havn't done anything about it and instead insist on trolling =p

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 06:55 AM
The entire game is on your disk that you bought. The last weapon you'll be using and the last boss you'll be fighting is already all coded and done and it's on your disk. But you can only play 1/2 of the game on that disk, the other 1/2 is locked. You are paying $10 a month for someone to program addons for your game, but instead they are just taking your $10 and instead of making new stuff, unlocking more of the original game that you already paid $50 for. Maybe after 5 months you will have your full game. So you end up paying $100, and waiting 5 months just to get your game with no real addons at all. How does this make you feel?

Now on top of this, what do you think will happen once you finnaly do get your full original game that was advertised? Do you think they will actually start working on some updates? At this point I don't even expect any updates, I'm just hoping for them. Hoping like I hope to win the lottery. Hopefully this boost from monthly subscriptions will motivate sega to really make this game happen.

Cmon how long does it take to explore the colony and the 2 planets? Maybe 2 days? How long will it take you to explore moatoob? 1 day? Sure those fancy S-ranks will keep you grinding for a while, but other than that don't expect much.

Anyway with all that said I really enjoy this game and I play it all the time. I just don't like seeing people running around saying " your going to get a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF CONTENT " when in reality there isn't even going to be much content, and the content is already finished.

Maskim
Nov 5, 2006, 07:23 AM
We're having fun. If half or more of the game is locked on the disk, what's it matter? Once they 'release the full game', who's to say there won't be any updates. We got some downloadable content and missions in Ep 1&2, and with PSU being available on 3 systems that all have hardrives available, the options for download content are fantastic.

In the mean time, I'll keep paying my $10 a month to play a game I enjoy, because that's what it's about. Having fun.

krika
Nov 5, 2006, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that the first update will come after the EU release, i dont care, i can do dragon over and over again for a month or so.

Ocin
Nov 5, 2006, 08:16 AM
I don't think everyone here is dumb, but I do believe that we need some new missions. I mean, I like the style of things like the Fanatics quest and Sleeping Warriors, but I've played the bajeebus out of 'em. >_< Still, I can use my time online to set up a shop, I guess. Or play the story mode until they update. o_o

ShinMaruku
Nov 5, 2006, 09:01 AM
I don't see how anybody cna defend this retared system of "updates"

Sev
Nov 5, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-11-04 16:51, SonicTMP wrote:
No? I like the fact you think you can answer for me. You spend all that time not cluttering up message boards to speak for me?

Depsite poting on the boards here complaining and arguing I have been do other thigns. And i do bitch to other people about it. But I tend to make it relevant. Since this fourm is meant for PSU dicussion the general complaning gets done here. I tend to complaina bit to my friends when im playing as they do to me too abuot a few things about the game.

So the venting is being done over a space of things. Despite what you think you can vouch for me on.

Though I'm begingin to wonder. You having fun creating clutter for the hell of it or just bored and venting atm?

Because I didn't give my opinions or views on the matter and simply vented...

I also, didn't answer any questions that others had...

It seems we can both answer for what each other are doing. Since you obviously figured I was talking to only you and not stating it generally to those that copmlain without actions... And really, if you do take actions then it obviously doesn't even apply to you. Honestly, if you're doing something rather then just sitting here and complaining, that's a great thing and I wish more people would do it. That's what I was looking for, and I gave up when I figured out that most people just don't care either way. They're content with complaining, and if it makes them happy, more power to 'em.

I don't think I was clutterin up this thread anymore then anyone else, and I figured I may as well answer the question myself, it's basically a no. You can vent wherever, and however you want, and that's why you have a right to flat out refuse complaining anywhere other then here.

Take it how you will though, I'm just loggin on after this, I figured I'd see how far it went since last night.

On 2006-11-05 06:01, ShinMaruku wrote:
I don't see how anybody cna defend this retared system of "updates"

Because nobody really needs to. We all knew how the system was gonna work, even you Shin, knew this for awhile now because you've definitely been around since before the JP release.

I know there are things that need to be unlocked, and I'm waiting for them. I also know that there are things that weren't available offline, but they will be available online. I'm also waiting for that. There was also an interview where it was stated that they play to continue to support and update this game, I'm waiting on those things too. If it doesn't happen, I'll just quit. There's not really much else to do when a company doesn't deliver or their promises aside from walking away. Sega is a company, and they will continue to take your money, just like any company does.

If I decide that this game is worth my money, I really don't care if I'm stupid or a fanboy for doing so. Can't really defend the fact that there's stuff on the disc that we aren't getting, because I came into the game with that knowledge already. That's not to say that there's nothing that they can add from there side though, and that's not to say that I think the game is complete. If it's suppose to be a story unfolding over the span of years, then it's not gonna be complete by the first year I'd think.

pso123hrf
Nov 5, 2006, 11:02 AM
Guys, its just a game, calm down

If you even curse because of a game, your just dumb. Just dont play it.

Zuljin
Nov 5, 2006, 11:15 AM
What are you people ? Complete newbies to the online RPG world ? You think that withholding content is a "brilliant idea" ? No, it's a sign of a terrible company. 9 Missions is in very poor taste, it's like we're paying to play a beta. If this content wasn't created, then yes, I wouldn't mind. But NO, THE JAPANESE HAVE CONTENT THAT WE DO NOT !! We DESERVE that content, we shouldn't be treated like 2nd class players just because some of you think it's a smart move for Sega to hold back content on us.

For those of you that just hid in PSO and never ventured outside of it, let me give you a short lesson on online RPGS. Once someone has done everything they possible can in a game, they grow bored of it. Not all of us use online RPGs as some fancy version of AIM. Personally, I don't want to talk to people when I'm playing, I want to experience the whole game itself. Now let's look at other online RPGs shall we ?

Diablo 2- Orginally 4 acts long, with quests, set armor, PvP, and nice large maps for the player to explore. An expansion and content patches were released adding more to the game to keep the player busy.

Everquest- Level was capped, and would continue to raise. Armor sets, new lands, and even races were added so players wouldn't grow tired of the same old zones. An expansion is now released every 6 months, WORLDWIDE and not segregating a certain country.

World of Warcraft- Originally Blackwing Lair wasn't in the game due to it being unfinished upon release. Did this bother the game community ? No, because they actually had other areas to explore and dungeon crawl through. When it was released, North Americans, Koreans, and Europeans were granted this content ALL AT ONCE, and continue to receive it ALL AT ONCE.

What Sega is doing now is pure and utter BS. We deserve all the content that the Japanese have, and if you think that holding it back is a way for players to "experience" all 9 missions, then you must only play for 20 minutes a day. I seriously wouldn't mind the lack of content if it wasn't there, BUT IT IS THERE, and there is absolutely no reason for us to not have it.

Oh, and I can tell some of you are complete newbies. Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2 was given expansion discs and DID NOT require the HDD. Even the Japanese version of this game has been given updates on the PS2. It really makes me wonder if some people even log out of PSO/PSU instead of sitting in a lobby talking to people.

Angelraziel
Nov 5, 2006, 11:29 AM
Zuljin = God!

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-11-05 08:15, Zuljin wrote:
What are you people ? Complete newbies to the online RPG world ? You think that withholding content is a "brilliant idea" ? No, it's a sign of a terrible company. 9 Missions is in very poor taste, it's like we're paying to play a beta. If this content wasn't created, then yes, I wouldn't mind. But NO, THE JAPANESE HAVE CONTENT THAT WE DO NOT !! We DESERVE that content, we shouldn't be treated like 2nd class players just because some of you think it's a smart move for Sega to hold back content on us.

For those of you that just hid in PSO and never ventured outside of it, let me give you a short lesson on online RPGS. Once someone has done everything they possible can in a game, they grow bored of it. Not all of us use online RPGs as some fancy version of AIM. Personally, I don't want to talk to people when I'm playing, I want to experience the whole game itself. Now let's look at other online RPGs shall we ?

Diablo 2- Orginally 4 acts long, with quests, set armor, PvP, and nice large maps for the player to explore. An expansion and content patches were released adding more to the game to keep the player busy.

Everquest- Level was capped, and would continue to raise. Armor sets, new lands, and even races were added so players wouldn't grow tired of the same old zones. An expansion is now released every 6 months, WORLDWIDE and not segregating a certain country.

World of Warcraft- Originally Blackwing Lair wasn't in the game due to it being unfinished upon release. Did this bother the game community ? No, because they actually had other areas to explore and dungeon crawl through. When it was released, North Americans, Koreans, and Europeans were granted this content ALL AT ONCE, and continue to receive it ALL AT ONCE.

What Sega is doing now is pure and utter BS. We deserve all the content that the Japanese have, and if you think that holding it back is a way for players to "experience" all 9 missions, then you must only play for 20 minutes a day. I seriously wouldn't mind the lack of content if it wasn't there, BUT IT IS THERE, and there is absolutely no reason for us to not have it.

Oh, and I can tell some of you are complete newbies. Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2 was given expansion discs and DID NOT require the HDD. Even the Japanese version of this game has been given updates on the PS2. It really makes me wonder if some people even log out of PSO/PSU instead of sitting in a lobby talking to people.

*Claps*

what he said

Typhoeus
Nov 5, 2006, 11:41 AM
We DESERVE that content, we shouldn't be treated like 2nd class players just because some of you think it's a smart move for Sega to hold back content on us.

QFT.

drmcst45
Nov 5, 2006, 11:53 AM
I can understand holding back seasonal quest/events but limiting the content of the game that should already be in it is pretty damn lame of them.

There's no ****** doubt they do it just to keep everyone paying more monthly fees.

Auronp
Nov 5, 2006, 12:05 PM
If your complaining about PS2's crappyness then you need to remember that in the begining this game was only for PS2. If anything be happy that you can play it on you xbox, or play something else. No one make you play and theres no reason you should b***h and moan about what you have or dont have atm. I'm sure sega wont complain over the loss of the few who can't balance out the gameplay or wait for the update.

Shanira
Nov 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
Me, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut, because I and nobody else except those working at the SEGA branch for NA know why they're not unlocking content yet, and I'd rather not make myself look stupid by preaching my rampant speculation as the One True Truth.

Enough of that going on already anyhow.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanira on 2006-11-05 09:10 ]</font>

drmcst45
Nov 5, 2006, 12:15 PM
just stop.

no need to sugar coat this BS

daniel_drago
Nov 5, 2006, 12:21 PM
On 2006-11-05 08:36, Genobee wrote:
[quote]On 2006-11-05 08:15, Zuljin wrote:

errrr why the hell shud u just get the content when JP had to wait for it so u shud except that u are going to wait for it or move on and do somthin else that will consume your precious time

1337Beeb
Nov 5, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-11-05 08:15, Zuljin wrote:

Fuck you, faggot. World of Warcraft had no content when that came out.

"OMG I GOT TO LEVEL 60 NOW THE GAME IS OVER http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif"

Fun.

AC9breaker
Nov 5, 2006, 12:31 PM
The fact is, this thread is 8 pages long and we still don't have any updates. All the arguments and rebuttles in the world can not change the fact that this is how Sega operates. Its been like this ever since Dreamcast and people who have been with the series should know this by now. No sense in arguing, insulting, pontificating, or rebutting anything if its pointless. I don't think people here like it, In fact Im pretty damn well sure no body here likes it, but what they don't like even more is coming to a message board to see people whine and complain about something that will obviously never change and can never be change by non JP players. You either suck it up or get out. Thats it.

Wickerman
Nov 5, 2006, 12:33 PM
I'm still enjoying it. With synth and everything it's still fun.

daniel_drago
Nov 5, 2006, 12:34 PM
You either suck it up or get out. Thats it.
QFT <3 AC9breaker

Lnin0
Nov 5, 2006, 12:36 PM
I agree with the original poster.

I don't like paying full price for a gimped game just to be spoon fed content that is on the original disc.

Updates to me are something created beyond the original content. The original content is financed by the initial purchase price and there is no reason to withhold it from the purchaser.

I have no problem if developers use original assets or include some extra assets on the disc knowing they would eventually use the textures on added levels/mobs. I don't even care if they have a plan laid out as to what the added content will be. However, I do have a problem knowing Sega is charging $10 a month to slowly unlock what I already paid $60 for them to develop.

If they wanted to do it as unlockable episods then the original episode should priced accordingly and not the same as a full featured game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lnin0 on 2006-11-05 09:44 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 12:48 PM
On 2006-11-05 09:34, daniel_drago wrote:
QFT <3 AC9breaker

O hitler would have loved you

daniel_drago
Nov 5, 2006, 12:50 PM
thx i no he wud

TheWildJoker
Nov 5, 2006, 01:18 PM
hell no, this isnt a brilliant idea, this is the dumest idea ever. yo i pay for this game for what? to make a charecter that looks just like everybody else( custimization sucks) and theyre no missions. i dont know why you ppl all say this game is so good, it really sucks and sega needs to fix this fast because its not fair we pay so much money for this game and theres nothing much to do. and theyre only 2 worlds, wheres the 3rd world?

Shanira
Nov 5, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-11-05 09:48, Genobee wrote:

QFT <3 AC9breaker

You fail for invoking Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law).

Tystys
Nov 5, 2006, 01:25 PM
So stop fucking playing.

Simple as that.

A couple hundred of other people may agree with you but are having too much fun just playing the game at a regular pace instead of trying to power level themselves.

You should'nt have bought the game if you didn't know what you were getting into. Your fault if you find that the game sucks. Do the smart consumer thing next time and do some research on the product before you think it's right for you instead of complaining on a fan site for the game that "THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE NOT ALL OF THE CONTENT ON THE DISC IS OUT YET".

Yes, I see that this is very frustrating for some people. Hell, there are times where I wished during the beta(don't have online retail yet) that Moatoob was open and we had more missions on all planets, but I still had a ton of fun even with all of this restricted content. The only people who are complaining (if you ask me) are the people who thought it'd be smart to invest a good amount of their personal life to just hitting the level cap, than soon realizing that what they did was a stupid thing to do, and now they feel cheated. I bet you 10-1 these same people would come back here about...what, a month afterwards, complaining about how they feel the content is limited and giving the same arguement.

"UPDATES NEED TO EXPAND ON THE GAME"

And in this case, if you ask me, it is. Sure, it's on the disc, but can we play it yet? No, so unlocking the content is basically just expanding on the game, -_-.

I know this logic seems a bit confusing to some of you, but you'll see my point sooner or later.

If you decided just to skip to the bottom of the post

Short Version:

GET THE FUCK OFF MY GAME AND OFF THESE FORUMS. COMPLAINING TO THE FANS ISN'T GOING TO HELP YOU.

SonicTMP
Nov 5, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-11-05 07:57, Sev wrote:
It seems we can both answer for what each other are doing. Since you obviously figured I was talking to only you and not stating it generally to those that copmlain without actions...

Cause of course your 100% right about no one else doing anything. Everyone else is ONLY complaining abuot it. This magical clairvoyance of yours is amazing. You seem to be able to know not only what I should answer but what every other person out there feels and actually does.

And really, if you do take actions then it obviously doesn't even apply to you. Honestly, if you're doing something rather then just sitting here and complaining, that's a great thing and I wish more people would do it.

Im this day and age some people are able to multitask. I was actually feeding my pm during my previous posts. So I was actually doing something constructive as well as complain. I'm not 100% sure, I can't speak for everyone. But I wouldn't be suprisied if ya know... people do more than just complain here on the boards.

That's what I was looking for, and I gave up when I figured out that most people just don't care either way. They're content with complaining, and if it makes them happy, more power to 'em.

OK so... out of all the mesage boards, out of all the seperate fourms and of all the threads you choose this one to come in, with the title, assuming it was going to be an intelligent discussion isntead of a flame fest of differing views?

Your looking in the wrong place I think.

I don't think I was clutterin up this thread anymore then anyone else, and I figured I may as well answer the question myself, it's basically a no. You can vent wherever, and however you want, and that's why you have a right to flat out refuse complaining anywhere other then here.

We first you said you didn't want to come here to clutter up the thread and then you do. That's called being a hypocrite.

And despite what you say about not caring you seem rather steeled as voicing your own opinion, your right of course, in an atempt to get me and any others to not complain here. This goes back to eailer... why the heck are you in this board, this fourm, this thread if it's not what you want?

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 01:41 PM
On 2006-11-05 10:19, Shanira wrote:

QFT <3 AC9breaker

You fail for invoking Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law).

OK Stalin would love you

AC9breaker
Nov 5, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-11-05 10:19, Shanira wrote:

QFT <3 AC9breaker

LOL!

ShinMaruku
Nov 5, 2006, 01:46 PM
Such defense for Sonic Team's flawed plan... The game don't suck it's the developer's plan that sucks donkey ass and if they want to grow beyond what they have they'll have to approach this in a better way.
Regardless I just wait for a few fellows to hack them parts in. It was so funny when they did that on BB.

1337Beeb
Nov 5, 2006, 02:16 PM
This thread needs less >:C

Dhylec
Nov 5, 2006, 02:24 PM
This has been mentioned before, many times. I think we can all agree to disagree.
Let's leave all this thread so we can go on with our lives.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-05 11:25 ]</font>