PDA

View Full Version : So I buy a 5 star weapon for 16k .....................

Drithe
Nov 4, 2006, 04:16 PM
Its one of those duel swords. I get me 2 B grinders and upgrade it. Then I check to see if I can use a B 1 grinder again . It says I have a very high chance. I didnt have a chance in hell. I lost my weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

They need to do away with this immediately. Or at least let us get to grinding levels of 5 or more before we get the big death axe.

LOL. Oh well. The lesson learned? Sega doesnt want to let you get too powerful and will let you waist countless hours and crush your hopes in order to keep the world ......... level.

I fear how I would react if I had a S level weapon and decide to grind it to level 2 and have it destroyed, even though it had a very high chance of success. This is not Sega's best idea for this game.

End of Line.

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
i think it's a great idea and hell the game would be horribly stupid if grinding was like it was in PSO.

in PSU your risk is rewarded should you get that b level weapon to +6

use higher level grinders and grind un lucky days, +9 and +10 grinders are 100% on lv3 luck days

SailorDaravon
Nov 4, 2006, 04:23 PM
I had max luck, and broke both of 5 star weapons grinding them to plus THREE with +7 grinders each time. Seriously, what the fuck? I agree with OP. Synthing good items is already hard enough as is.

Roguearthur
Nov 4, 2006, 04:26 PM
yea, it says very high chance, i watsed my money on 3 weapons, which was all my money, since when i thought it said very high chance it ment, above 85%, not 30% -_-

uhawww
Nov 4, 2006, 04:29 PM
A 90% chance of success is still a 10% chance of failure...

Stray_Mag
I agree whole heartedly with Realmz. "High chance of success" does not exclude any chance of failure. Recognize that and grind accordingly. It's no more the end of the world if you lose a weapon grinding than having an un-grinded weapon. If you're willing to grind with a high chance of success, you're consenting to grind with a low chance of failure. But remember that chance of failure, be it low, still exists.

Realmz
well it's obvjously higher then 30% cause i've seen lots of +5's sitting around in shops =p

Roguearthur
Nov 4, 2006, 04:31 PM
umm, i guess i just have bad luck... I cant get anything grinded high, since if it says very high chance, it always failed for me, which is 3 times in beta, and 4 times on offline so far, only 2 have succeded and i was afraid to go any higher then +2/+3 on those weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spiral777
Nov 4, 2006, 04:37 PM
To get 3 Twin Autoguns ground to +6, it toook 5 pistols to start with.

Wheatpenny
Nov 4, 2006, 04:43 PM
Not to be mean(please folks don't take it this way I am just telling it like it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)Well grinding is like gambling,If your unsure of your luck...don't do it..Hell it has terms and conditions before you do it.That is a clearly defined msge that screams "Hey!This is a risk are you sure you wana do this?" If it fails then thems the breaks folks.Just do +10 grinders on luck 3 days if you are tired of your weapon coming out broken.

Roguearthur
Nov 4, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-11-04 13:43, Wheatpenny wrote:
Not to be mean(please folks don't take it this way I am just telling it like it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)Well grinding is like gambling,If your unsure of your luck...don't do it..Hell it has terms and conditions before you do it.That is a clearly defined msge that screams "Hey!This is a risk are you sure you wana do this?" If it fails then thems the breaks folks.Just do +10 grinders on luck 3 days if you are tired of your weapon coming out broken.

oh i know, just saying it doesnt seem "very high" they should put... high or something less confuses some people ;D

Tystys
Nov 4, 2006, 04:53 PM
This is why I'm just going to sell most of my grinders to the masses. So I can buy those weapons from you all...muahaha

Stray_Mag
Nov 4, 2006, 05:01 PM
I'll attempt to shed some theoretical light to this situation:

For the sake of this explaination, we'll go with Drithe's 5 star (B) weapon dilema, Uhawww's 90% "Very High" chance rating, a projected 80% rating on "High" success rate, and a day with Lvl. 1 Luck.

Chances of success are given by the chart on B Class weapon Grinding from psupedia.org

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Weapon_Grinding

Let's Begin: On a day with Lvl. 1 Luck, any B grinder will get your weapon to +1. Congratulations...

Next, to bring the weapon to +2, you have a "Very High" chance of success, regardless of the +bonus on the grinder. That's a 90% chance of success and a 10% chance of failure.

Assuming you're lucky enough to get to this level, lets say you want to take it to level 3. Once again, any grinder will give you the "Very High" chance of success. 90% success, 10% fail. Now if you think this is no different than step two, think again. If you look at the weapon in the long run, it's a 81% chance of getting to Grinded +3 (.9 x .9), And a 19% chance of failure (.9 x .1 + .1 x .9 + .1 x .1). Dare we continue?

So... you were lucky enoug to get +3 Grinding. Now the grinder bonus begins to matter. +1 and +2 B Grinders have a "High" chance of success and +3 and up has a "Very High" chance of success. So, by statistical extrapolation: The highest chance (+3 and up Grinders) is a 72.9% success rate and a 27.1% chance of failure in grinding a weapon from scratch to level 4. The Lowest chance (+1 or +2 Grinders) is 64.8% success (.81 x .8 ) and 35.2% chance of failure. That's less that 2/3 chance of success in grinding a B Class weapon from scratch to level 4.

And just to finish proving my point. Let's take that Level 4 grind to a level 5... If you dare to use a Grinder bonus of +1, the chance of success is blatantly half... That translates to a 36.45% (72.9 x .5) chance os success (assuming you took the safer of two routes in step four) or a 32.4% (64.8 x .5) success rate (if you took the less safe path) in getting a B class weapon from no grinding to level 5. Now, using other grinders, such as a +10 Grinder will increase your chances, but not by much. The chance of success is "Very High" but to put things into perspective, assume you wish to grind a weapon from scratch to lvl 5 using nothing but +10 Grinders. 1.00 x .9 x .9 x .9 x.9 = 65.61% chance of success, still less than 2/3.

Assuming you're up for the gamble, feel free to take your weapon up to the lvl 5 grind. But I wouldn't leave my success to an average success rate less than the flip of a coin...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stray_Mag on 2006-11-04 14:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stray_Mag on 2006-11-04 14:03 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Nov 4, 2006, 05:01 PM
Hey thats not a bad idea keep the higher ones like +7 and up and sell the lower ones.....savy Tystys quite savy....

Raifen
Nov 4, 2006, 05:30 PM
i have a (8) Lance that i made

Numnuttz
Nov 4, 2006, 05:31 PM
yea thats why i decided not to grind certain high level weapons. i rather not risk the chance of loosing it when i still need it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Numnuttz on 2006-11-04 14:38 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Nov 4, 2006, 05:32 PM
Always use the lowest grinder then make your way up

Jozon
Nov 4, 2006, 06:01 PM
I plan on making more than 1 rare weapon of each type, so I can grind one, and leave the other alone, so I'd have one to fall back on

Knoob
Nov 4, 2006, 06:33 PM
ive yet to break anything with a very high chance, and only one weapon at a high chance =o its all a matter of luck.

Dre_o
Nov 4, 2006, 06:43 PM
Grinding and Synthing are BOTH like life.

Sometimes it sucks and gets you killed, other times it rewards you like Bill Gates.

Durand
Nov 5, 2006, 03:23 AM
Every time I need a weapon more powerful so far, I've started by making another item, and grinding it to the same level, then I can keep grinding, one then the other, untill one breaks. It works rather nicely, so far.