PDA

View Full Version : When lvling gets boring. . . .

ethanhawkeye
Nov 4, 2006, 08:41 PM
So im in my upper 40s now, and lvling can get really repetitive sometimes (De Ragan A). I just wanna know what do you guys do while you xp? i like listening to music, talking on the phone, or eating cheerios lol. Anyone do anything interesting or got good ideas?

EC_Subbie
Nov 4, 2006, 08:44 PM
I stop playing, and play something else. Currently backlogged on Okami, ZOE2 and FF12...not to mention I just started the PSU offline mode.

Mural
Nov 4, 2006, 08:46 PM
started to do offline psu and i am now on chapter 5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Realmz
Nov 4, 2006, 08:55 PM
i can pick up and play ZoE2 any time man, i love that game.
they totally need a MMO like ZoE, putting on new weapons and armors and paints like mechwarrior, i'd be all over that

foamcup
Nov 4, 2006, 09:09 PM
When I get bored, I take pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89415246@N00/

Remedy
Nov 4, 2006, 10:08 PM
Stop doing De Ragan A. Go to Neudaiz and cut your teeth on Onmagoug A and Fanatics A.

foamcup
Nov 5, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-11-04 19:08, Remedy wrote:
Stop doing De Ragan A. Go to Neudaiz and cut your teeth on Onmagoug A and Fanatics A.

For real, freaking NOBODY goes to Neudaiz, WTF? It's such a hassle trying to round people up to go hit the Temple.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 02:21 PM
"The boards are too long"
"The enemies are too hard"
"Episode II gives less xp than Episode I."
"NO FO NO GO"
"OMG, ME? FIGHT MOB THAT HAS CHANCE TO KILL ME? NO WAI!"

Neudaiz was so fun, I encourage anyone to go there even if it's to immerse in it's nice BGM.

Ryogen
Nov 5, 2006, 02:22 PM
- Play somthing else
- Do somthing away from any type of electronics
- Just mingle in PSU and help others
- stuff like that.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 02:36 PM
I have a life outside of PSU, I don't revolve my entire life around PSU although its very addicting. when I get bored w/ it, I'll stop and play something else, or I'll start playing w/ new characters or something.

jspurgeon
Nov 5, 2006, 02:43 PM
ANIME!!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 02:46 PM
yeah, that works too.

Lazygirl313
Nov 5, 2006, 02:46 PM
Yuck, ZOE2 was a colossal letdown. Fist of Mars FTW.

BydoEmpire
Nov 5, 2006, 03:06 PM
I usually just bitch about the lack of missions and the lack of random dungeons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif After that I feel better... then I go do something other than play PSU.

Quark713
Nov 5, 2006, 03:52 PM
Go to your local hardware store, buy LOTS of Schedule 40 PVC, a few couplers, some Right Guard, some lantern sparkers, some lumps of starch, and make yourself a POTATO GUN! Sorry.

PSObro
Nov 5, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-11-05 11:08, foamcup wrote:

On 2006-11-04 19:08, Remedy wrote:

For real, freaking NOBODY goes to Neudaiz, WTF? It's such a hassle trying to round people up to go hit the Temple.

Befriend a Force,problem solved. =D

AeraLure
Nov 5, 2006, 04:16 PM
I can relate 100%. I was really late starting PM development, only just starting this weekend and was facing the somewhat daunting task of earning the funds for them. It looked endless (ok it still does to a degree lol) but to prevent myself from burning out trying to do it without any limits day in day out I did this:

I figured out what I wanted, calculated the cost, picked an amount of grind time I allowed myself per day, calculated the average I earn in that time and divided it out to see how long it would take for one level 100 PM to start with. Its now my daily project to spend only several a day at most meeting that goal in repetitive grind mode.

The rest of the time I play PSU over and above that, if I do, its doing absolutely whatever, without any concern at all for the amount of meseta I am earning, experience etc. Doesnt matter a bit. I might help some people out with random things, wander about aimlessly, dance in an outpost and continuously play with emotes, or try some mission where I know I might die and care not a bit about it. Helps to put a hold on the endless grind and keep the game fun.

When I am done doing that, its off to anime or a movie, sleep/work/food or other life things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

_glowstiq_
Nov 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
Quit playing and go play Counter-Strike.

That or I'll just go to a lobby and play the game where you finish off eachother's /b/ memes.

Quark713
Nov 5, 2006, 04:50 PM
Don't forget the potato gun!

TheStoicOne
Nov 5, 2006, 05:03 PM
yes! I exercise

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-11-05 14:06 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 05:54 PM
Leveling has not got boring for me. I'm finding myself not addicted to the game but addicted to kicking ass. It's the DC player in me that's coming out @_@. I wanna stop the excessive partying and actually do something else productive.