PDA

View Full Version : Player Shops

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
RANT: Why oh why do players feel the need to put up synth items for MORE THAN THEY COST AT THE VENDOR???? what is the purpose of that?? for godsake I am sick and tired of going to a player shop and looking for cheaper materials than I could buy at an NPC and all I'm left with is MORE EXPENISIVE ITEMS!!!! Player shops are designed to let players sell their items right?? So if that player is trying to make some money off of oh, lets say, Marseline?? than why in the hell would they make it MORE expensive than what the RETAIL price is?? I asked someone this and he/she said that they were using the prices of other people's shops. Wake up idiots, just because some dumbass is jumping off a bridge, doesnt mean you have to! Why would someone want to buy from you if they can buy it for cheaper somewhere else??? Do some research for god sake, check what the prices are at the NPC shops and THEN try to sell your items. Not every player is a moron and will buy your overpriced garbage. T.H.I.N.K.F.I.R.S.T.

and SECONDLY, when I see a shop who's ad says "50% off all synth items" I go "WOW, i can finally find some cheap items needed for a Hajirod" and when I go in there it IS NOT 50% OFF. and I ask "so, your ad says 50% off all items, did you know that your items are not 50% off?" and they go "that's nice to know." I want to reach through the internet and smash your head into a glass table. Why not say in your ad, "Welcome to _______ shop! Our items cost more than the vendors do, but its ok cuz youre a moron and you will think nothing of it" :END RANT

p.s. this is NOT in any way directed to any one person in particular, it's just I really think this rant describes half the shops out there. For the few players whose shops don't do this and actually follow what they're ad says (you know who you are) a big KUDOS to you. For the players, who read this and thought "HEY! that's just like my shop" I want you to sit comfortably, breathe slow, and quickly but gently remove your head from your ass.
The End

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 4, 2006, 10:07 PM
pwned

Elleranda
Nov 4, 2006, 10:07 PM
All my synth items are 50% off shop price, as is everything else!

(shop at my store!)

Apathy
Nov 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
This is the main reason why I dont sell synth items .. I make things with them and sell the products. Selling synth items is getting a bad rep as is selling the boards, i swear people are just picking prices at random and not doing thier research, or thier math..

:/

Tomeeboy
Nov 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
Heh.. I was trying to buy some Neu Wood earlier tonight... people selling it for 400, 500, and more. It's 150 in the shop. I always try to price things at least 50% off store price, unless it something that isn't commonly found. It would be nice if there was a way to blacklist shops that do this so that you don't end up visiting them over and over again everytime you're looking for an item that they have ridiculously price in their inventory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PaladinRPG
Nov 4, 2006, 10:43 PM
I agree. Crafting the items is better than selling the synth materials outright, unless perhaps it's extremely rare items or boards. ie, Kubara wood.

littleman2347
Nov 4, 2006, 10:55 PM
hehehe ur funny but i completly agree with you i always happens in mmo's u just have to be a better person and get over it and sell it a price you think is right

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 5, 2006, 02:29 PM
bump for rant sauce.

Lilium
Nov 5, 2006, 02:31 PM
Let's pray for a "Search by price" option.

Ryogen
Nov 5, 2006, 02:37 PM
As long as you know how to shop, shouldn't need to aruge or rant about it...but if I keep visiting the same shop...man is that going to irritate me.

Mitz
Nov 5, 2006, 02:39 PM
Meh just remember what you have visited. Unless your memory really sucks (means apparently mine doesnt)

jspurgeon
Nov 5, 2006, 02:40 PM
honestly the people are prolly just guessing there asses off.. some are trying to scam people but most people i believe are probably only geussing on the price of stuff becuase the have no idea how much it really sega needs to incorporate a way to see the npc sell price i opened my shop last night and had to price everything thing and there is no way im going to run toi the npc to check the price on every single item so i basicallly just geussed at what the cost might be

p.s. shop at klorikan's

jspurgeon
Nov 5, 2006, 02:42 PM
double p.s. my guesses are way less than npc buy price

Sinue_v2
Nov 5, 2006, 03:59 PM
I have absolutely no idea what to price my items at... you can't find them in the shops so far as I can tell. I think I'll keep the price fairly low though, since I doubt food items are in very high demand. It's not really a money-making scheme anyhow... most like a schtik reference. I only sell food items, and the shop is basically going to be called an extension of the "Naula Cake Shop".