PDA

View Full Version : Overused Traits?

UltimateCarl
Nov 5, 2006, 12:12 AM
Okay, so I don't actually have the game yet so I'm not online to see myself, but from the screens I'm noticing a few trends. There are certain aspects about characters that I see in almost every batch of screens...

For instance, in the three humanoid races (but especially Humans) like 75% of males have blue hair. Even like the same shade of blue hair. To quote Strong Bad: "Ya gotta have blue hair..."

For Casts (at least male ones) I think over half the ones I've seen had black armor, or at least black and another dark color. Also, hardly any of them are using the humanois heads! I thought everyone was all hyped up about how cool they thought those were? Ah well.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out something I noticed that I thought was interesting! XD

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 12:14 AM
On 2006-11-04 21:12, UltimateCarl wrote:
Okay, so I don't actually have the game yet so I'm not online to see myself, but from the screens I'm noticing a few trends. There are certain aspects about characters that I see in almost every batch of screens...

For instance, in the three humanoid races (but especially Humans) like 75% of males have blue hair. Even like the same shade of blue hair. To quote Strong Bad: "Ya gotta have blue hair..."

For Casts (at least male ones) I think over half the ones I've seen had black armor, or at least black and another dark color. Also, hardly any of them are using the humanois heads! I thought everyone was all hyped up about how cool they thought those were? Ah well.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out something I noticed that I thought was interesting! XD

yea your wrong... Yet to see anyone with blue hair and I see more cast with human heads then any thing else and I have seen maybe 3 black casts out of thr 60 I have seen.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 5, 2006, 12:27 AM
i have green hair and my cast is purple.

PMB960
Nov 5, 2006, 12:33 AM
The only thing I noticed is everyone has the same pants and shirt my character does. It is very annoying.

Merumeru
Nov 5, 2006, 12:41 AM
XD i dont think anyone likes the shorts, i mean cmon, its friggin outer space, i think we need some funked out spaceman pantaloons XD

UltimateCarl
Nov 5, 2006, 12:57 AM
On 2006-11-04 21:14, Genobee wrote:
yea your wrong...

Very blunt, aren't we? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sorry, I 'spose I don't have much place to say since I haven't been online yet. I guess that's just the same PSO-Worlders I keep seeing in the screenshots without realizing it.

I didn't mean to offend anyone if that's what I did.

I can concede that I'm probably wrong, if so, then would anyone else (that's actually online) mind posting anything they see all the time? I still think it's an interesting discussion.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 01:00 AM
On 2006-11-04 21:33, PMB960 wrote:
The only thing I noticed is everyone has the same pants and shirt my character does. It is very annoying.

Not hard to do whent here are only 5 diffrent shirts and pants split between 3 races.

and 3 look like crap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-04 22:04 ]</font>

Fure_Rakune
Nov 5, 2006, 01:36 AM
I usually see tall human males with long white hair, black primary color with red as the secondary.
Mmmyep.

Rider
Nov 5, 2006, 01:41 AM
The only big thing I'm noticing is that alot of people make their characters short.

Loli's everywhere...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-11-04 22:41 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 5, 2006, 01:42 AM
I see a lot of newmen with white hair and red eyes. Mine is blond with blue eyes and I've actually gotten remarks about how unusual my character is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KirinDave on 2006-11-04 22:43 ]</font>

happy_cricket
Nov 5, 2006, 01:48 AM
I am dissapointed that I cannot make a true mesomorph character. All I really wanted was my HUnewm! Or even someone who looks like him. Instead I have a choice between skinny with broad shoulders (tall or short) or big belly and butt with weak shoulders (tall or short). Annoying.

Nani-chan
Nov 5, 2006, 01:52 AM
I've seen 3 other succumbusbots in black leather.. I guess I should just be glad the race/gender isn't greatly overused.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 5, 2006, 01:54 AM
All the FOnewearls i've seen have the horizontal ears.
All the HU/RAnewearls i've seen have the vertical ears.

None of them have the diagonal ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kano-Okami
Nov 5, 2006, 04:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with having blue hair.
Its the new brown.

Midicronica
Nov 5, 2006, 04:41 AM
Can't stand the loli's..

kaseius
Nov 5, 2006, 04:45 AM
Lolis, not "loli's".

XD is also stupid as hell, please stop using it so much. This isn't so hilarious that you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts.

And I have not noticed these trends whatsoever.

Arias
Nov 5, 2006, 05:42 AM
No worries guys, when I have the game, my Beast'll have blond hair and pantaloons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...My cast'll NOT be black http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arias
Nov 5, 2006, 05:44 AM
No worries guys, when I have the game, my Beast'll have blond hair and pantaloons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...My cast'll NOT be black http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maskim
Nov 5, 2006, 06:56 AM
My cast is black, but once I finish buying some new parts, my next step is getting a makeover to change his color. I have noticed a TON of black bots on 360, and not that it bothers me in the least to be the same color, but it's just made me realize (it's so apparant when looking at other's chars, as opposed to looking at one's self) is the solid black bot just looks so...bland. Maybe red with black 'highlights' or something, I dunno, but it definatly needs some color splashed in.

Lilium
Nov 5, 2006, 07:12 AM
My cast is silverwhite with some black parts. D:

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 07:52 AM
my guy has white long hair and red eyes with the white long-sleeved Neudaiz vest(Kusatarika), and I have a metal headband, I haven't seen a single character who looks like me.

mananas
Nov 5, 2006, 08:33 AM
I think it depends when and where you're looking. Sometimes I see an abundance of what you say and sometimes not, it just depends. I have hardly ever seen a CAST with a face though.

Talen
Nov 5, 2006, 09:47 AM
I'll admit, I've got a midget beast running around. Though it's completely story-driven: He's a child XD

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 5, 2006, 09:48 AM
Hmm, we have to sorta take into consideration that there are only "so many" clothes out right now. So of course there's going to be alot of the same looking outfits out there. And well....

I have blue hair, another character of mine has blue hair, i've seen plenty of humaniod andriods. feh.

We'll be fine, give everyone a month.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 5, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-11-04 22:42, KirinDave wrote:
I see a lot of newmen with white hair and red eyes. Mine is blond with blue eyes and I've actually gotten remarks about how unusual my character is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KirinDave on 2006-11-04 22:43 ]</font>

I have blond hair and blue eyes, and people love me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2006-11-04 22:54, Garnet_Moon wrote:
All the FOnewearls i've seen have the horizontal ears.
All the HU/RAnewearls i've seen have the vertical ears.

None of them have the diagonal ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have diagonal ears, verical is overused.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 10:05 AM
my RAnewearl is gonna have the horizontal ears, I prefer those ears over the vertical ones.

Merumeru
Nov 5, 2006, 10:05 AM
Overused traits? XD everyone wears black or a variant of black, thats about it~

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 10:11 AM
well, in some way or another, yeah, I guess I have 2 characters who wear black pants and my human hunter started out with a black vest which is the same one my beast is gonna have too.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 10:12 AM
I have horizontal ears because I want my character to resemble her GC counterpart as much as possible. Pink-reddish hair with those short ponytails(since they didn't have the style with the 2 ribbons so the ponytails is close enough). Oh yea pink-reddish eyes to match.

I noticed that most of the male players wear the same pants.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 10:21 AM
yeah, thats pretty much true about the males wearing the same pants. lol

RadiantLegend
Nov 5, 2006, 12:02 PM
When i want a cast, i want a cast. No humanoid attachments.