PDA

View Full Version : Trying to solo De Ragan at 12 is fun...

Swifty01
Nov 5, 2006, 12:37 AM
And just about impossible! So I do the lvl 10 mission on Parum and afterwords, just for kicks and giggles, I decide one of the lvl 15 ones. So I go through, expecting to have my ass completely handed to me throughout the zone, but I do quite well. Eventually I make my way to the end...and what do I see? A portal...To where, I think. I walk into it, and what do I see? A gi-frickin-gantic dragon flying towards me. Well I figured if I could handle those level 15 baddies in the zone, I might have a shot at a lvl 15 boss...Too bad he was lvl 20. So I fought as well as I could against a boss 8 levels higher than me, doing the best I could. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't enough. It was fun though. I'll have to grab a group tomorrow and kick his ass. ^_^

I know, I ramble...I just wanted to share my fun with you all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SpishackCola
Nov 5, 2006, 12:40 AM
Soloing the dragon is hilarious. I somehow managed to beat him at level 7 after my party died and gave up. Some of them couldn't get the patterns down, while the others just got hit with unlucky crits.

Numnuttz
Nov 5, 2006, 12:40 AM
first time see Ragan is always the best. afterwards is all the same. well, thats how i see Ragan at least.

Mugaaz2
Nov 5, 2006, 12:49 AM
I soloed the mission and him in beta as a level 7 humar. It was more a question of monotony than skill.

BloodDragoon
Nov 5, 2006, 12:52 AM
Can solo it easy at 12 if you memorize it's patterns and bring a good gun. Granted it will take awhile but he is killable. Just make sure you put every shot into his head.

Swifty01
Nov 5, 2006, 12:59 AM
I think its time I got myself a new gun then, because obviously I'm going to need it.

I love that in this game, skill is > level. A level 7 soloing a level 20 boss is just awesome. It was something I could obviously never do in WoW. Full epics, and I still couldnt solo Baron Rivendare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Miyoko
Nov 5, 2006, 04:03 AM
Try relics at Lv4 next! That's always fun!

etlitch
Nov 5, 2006, 08:56 AM
You're going to be dissapointed once you start to play the B-grade missions, since some of the monster that originally "flinches" when hit won't do so and the game basicly turns into PSO style. Attack get knocked down use recovery item repeat if you're playing solo Hunter.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 09:54 AM
LOL I will drag you in a dragon fight with me if I see you. Basically go for his tail. When he lands(immediatly after the cutscene), he ALWAYS opens with his running dash. You have maybe 5 seconds to get the heck out of dodge. After doing some damage to his tail, he will do either his tail sweep or attempt to breath fire back there. The fire breathing is the easier of the two to avoid.

On 2006-11-04 21:49, Mugaaz2 wrote:
I soloed the mission and him in beta as a level 7 humar. It was more a question of monotony than skill.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif There, there Mugaaz, there, there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-05 06:55 ]</font>

Diablohead
Nov 5, 2006, 11:51 AM
PSU's dragon is very challenging, I love it. Though it gets easy in a group of 6.

At least this dragon has more fun replay value then the dragon in pso http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zakuro
Nov 5, 2006, 01:55 PM
With another rifle or two I don't think my Ranger would have much of a problem soloing De Ragan at level 12. For a Hunter or maybe Force I could see it being much more difficult, and if it is your first time against him it'd probably be hard no matter what class. Once you learn what his various moves look like they aren't too difficult to avoid as a Ranger while still being able to fire at him. It would certainly take a long time though.

On 2006-11-05 01:03, Miyoko wrote:
Try relics at Lv4 next! That's always fun!

While I haven't done it at level 4, I did do relics with a group ranging from 5-8 (me dinging 8 part way through). It was lots of fun, but as the only Force used a lot of pp, even having to leave the mission part way through to refill my 1 cane and rod as well as needing the one near the end. Svaltus ended up killing everyone besides me and one Hunter as people tended to go flying when hit so I couldn't heal them before he delivered another attack.

We ended up with a C rank, but it was still lots of fun. It also made me want to start focusing more on my Force than my Ranger.

BloodDragoon
Nov 5, 2006, 02:57 PM
Nah killing it with a hunter is easy at lower lvls with a solid handgun. Key is to stay just inside targeting distance and use the strafing ability to fire at it's head while stepping backwards. Eventually it will either charge or blow fire at you which is easily sidestepped. What you want it to do is blow fire at you because after sidestepping it, it's neck will be fully extended and you should have enough time to land 2 PA's on it's head and neck before having to back off and repeat the process.