PDA

View Full Version : You shouldn't need to hit mobs to get exp.

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 05:01 AM
It was tolerable in PSO, but it's bad for PSU! Your supposed to have the mobs give exp to every person in the party, not people who hit them. If this was the case you could have more fun and organized play, you could have each person fight 1 mob, or everyone fight 1 mob, or whatever. Instead 100% of the time you have all the party members just hitting everything randomly because they are scared they will miss out on some exp. It also gimps beast form, you can't fully utilize beast form because you have to be careful and not kill things too fast before people get a hit. But I'm a nice guy, let's instead say your in a party and some guy goes nanoblasts and kills everything before you get a chance to hit it. Also if you have a team of high level people speeding through a low level zone (relic C) it slows it down to wait for everyone to get a hit.

Now on top of this the killing blow gets a lot more exp (up to 60% WTF!) than the others. How is this fair? What special thing did you do to deserve such a great exp bonus?

A counter-argument to this could be lazy people leeching exp, boot them. And to help out a little bit you have to be within a certain range of the dying mob to get the exp.

Knoob
Nov 5, 2006, 05:16 AM
it works pretty well, what doesnt work is people being more concerned with exp rather than just completing the task at hand so instead, i believe completing missions should award both types of exp, and make S-Rank nice and difficult to obtain (bring back the timers i hated so much from offline!)

cobfab
Nov 5, 2006, 06:00 AM
It doesn't make sense for 1 person to get exp for 5 mobs when he/she only kills 1.

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 06:13 AM
On 2006-11-05 03:00, cobfab wrote:
It doesn't make sense for 1 person to get exp for 5 mobs when he/she only kills 1.

What do you mean it doesn't make sense? It makes perfect sense for reasons I explained. Unless you mean realisticly? Yeah I guess in real life you only get exp for the monsters you kill yourself, getting exp from monsters that your party kills would be silly!

Ecstasy
Nov 5, 2006, 06:14 AM
i agree, as it is pretty easy for a hunter to get xp because you are melee. As for a force though who is only a one shotter, and heals most of the time. hitting all the mobs for xp is really hard for a force

<font size=-1></font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-11-05 03:16 ]</font>

Arias
Nov 5, 2006, 06:23 AM
Yeah, erm, ...isn't the exp the same as in PSO? i did think so

cobfab
Nov 5, 2006, 06:54 AM
Unless god forbid your Force to use range weapons, you shouldn't have any problems hitting every enemy before they get killed. Forces have spells to hit multiple enemies, why not use it? Hit everything before healing. If you are healing most of the time, your party sucks. Forces aren't just for healing most of the time, they are damage dealers also, in fact they do the most damage.

Realmz
Nov 5, 2006, 06:59 AM
if you didn't have to do anything people would start going into partys and just sit there leeching the exp.

also you're a force, your completely capable of soloing

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 07:00 AM
That isn't the point. Yes everyone can hit the mobs, there isn't any huge exp shortage going on or anything. The problem is that you HAVE to hit them, instead of having the option of killing 1 at a time or doing something strategic, you have to run around hitting random mobs to make sure you tagged them. Then maybe after the party tagged every mob they start concentrating on one at a time and whatever, but tagging everything is a waste of time.

And also, bonus exp for finishing blow, is it right?

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 07:01 AM
On 2006-11-05 03:59, Realmz wrote:
if you didn't have to do anything people would start going into partys and just sit there leeching the exp.

I don't want to sound mean but did you read my post? I said if people are leeching you can just boot them, and on top of that you would have to be within a certain range of the dying mob to get the exp from it. So if you are sitting in the entrance and people are killing stuff 2 rooms away, you still don't get any exp.

Xeveous
Nov 5, 2006, 07:04 AM
On 2006-11-05 03:54, cobfab wrote:
Unless god forbid your Force to use range weapons, you shouldn't have any problems hitting every enemy before they get killed. Forces have spells to hit multiple enemies, why not use it? Hit everything before healing. If you are healing most of the time, your party sucks. Forces aren't just for healing most of the time, they are damage dealers also, in fact they do the most damage.

Force can one shot everything,killing exp for everyone else.

cobfab
Nov 5, 2006, 07:05 AM
On 2006-11-05 03:13, Marks wrote:

On 2006-11-05 03:00, cobfab wrote:

What do you mean it doesn't make sense? It makes perfect sense for reasons I explained. Unless you mean realisticly? Yeah I guess in real life you only get exp for the monsters you kill yourself, getting exp from monsters that your party kills would be silly!

So you're saying a Force can pretty much just run around and wait to heal and get exp for mobs the party kills? But you're also saying getting exp from mobs your party kills is a silly thing. lol

Xeveous
Nov 5, 2006, 07:06 AM
On 2006-11-05 03:59, Realmz wrote:

Maybe,but if they put in a Range for exp,say,you have to be this close to get exp,then leeching wont be a problem,plus if they arent helping,boot them,its simple.

Lilium
Nov 5, 2006, 07:07 AM
I personally think it should have been an option like the item drops. That you have a "let's all play tag the monster!" option and a "everyone receives equal exp." option. If you're scared of people leeching, you can use the first option, if you're playing with friends who you know aren't just going to sit in the corner facing the opposite direction than you can have something interesting going where everybody doesn't have to tag the monsters first.

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 07:08 AM
I said it would be silly to get exp from mobs your party kills in real life... it was sarcasm... never mind. Anyway yes what I am saying is that a force and run around healing people and get the exp for the mobs that are dying. If you think the force is not doing enough you can boot him or her.

cobfab
Nov 5, 2006, 07:09 AM
On 2006-11-05 04:00, Marks wrote:
That isn't the point. Yes everyone can hit the mobs, there isn't any huge exp shortage going on or anything. The problem is that you HAVE to hit them, instead of having the option of killing 1 at a time or doing something strategic, you have to run around hitting random mobs to make sure you tagged them. Then maybe after the party tagged every mob they start concentrating on one at a time and whatever, but tagging everything is a waste of time.

And also, bonus exp for finishing blow, is it right?

There's nothing strategic about PSU. Like you said, everyone just runs around killing what they see for exp. Until C-Mode is release, this game is not strategic.

krika
Nov 5, 2006, 07:11 AM
Agree, they changed the loot system so why not change the exp system?

Yachiru
Nov 5, 2006, 07:25 AM
They should have an EXP distribution, just like the items. Give the whole party EXP, give only the people who hit it EXP etc.

cobfab
Nov 5, 2006, 09:49 AM
They do give exp to the whole party, after you complete it. Late joiners just get some or none.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-11-05 03:14, Ecstasy wrote:
i agree, as it is pretty easy for a hunter to get xp because you are melee. As for a force though who is only a one shotter, and heals most of the time. hitting all the mobs for xp is really hard for a force

It is not always easy as a hunter to hit all mobs believe me. In a party of 6, atleast 1 or 2 players are missing out on the majority of xp with each wave. I encounter this problem. With each new wave I must open with rising crush as it's sometimes the only way I will hit *all* enemies. Then after that I go back to my usual singling out one enemy and killing it. For the most part it is ok because the S-Rank rewards compensate well for it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 10:02 AM
I don't really have much of a problem with this, well, after all, when I play in a party, all of us do our own thing, not try to conform to what others want, though I would heal people if I was a force.

FenixStryk
Nov 5, 2006, 10:03 AM
Sheesh, what a whine-fest. All you have to do is hit an enemy for at least 1 damage and you get 65% of the Exp! What's so hard about that? If you lower it anymore, you will get leechers. It's not hard to just move the d-pad and run from monsters at Lv.1. As for Forces, Wands are there for a reason. Pick up a Handgun and tag them before you start spamming nukes...

Scuri
Nov 5, 2006, 10:09 AM
If you're a Force an unable to tag all monsters, then tell your party to slow down and give you time to tag. If they don't, tell them you're done casting Resta because you're too preoccupied with tagging monsters. If the they still don't listen, just leave and join another party. I don't know what else you can do. I mostly play with the same people that tell me when I'm killing too fast. I'll just hit slower or swap to underpowered weapons.

Merumeru
Nov 5, 2006, 10:11 AM
XD i guess this really comes down to stop expecting to get everything you would soloing when you're in a party, including experience and items

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 10:13 AM
yeah, thats true, can't loot with a party.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 10:16 AM
On 2006-11-05 07:03, FenixStryk wrote:
Sheesh, what a whine-fest. All you have to do is hit an enemy for at least 1 damage and you get 65% of the Exp! What's so hard about that? If you lower it anymore, you will get leechers. It's not hard to just move the d-pad and run from monsters at Lv.1. As for Forces, Wands are there for a reason. Pick up a Handgun and tag them before you start spamming nukes...

Yea it sounds so easy on paper doesn't it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Lets say you're hitting meanmob1 while 4 others gang up on meanmob2. Meanmob2 is ONLY a right push of the left analog stick away. When your *last* attack animation is done *finishing* WHILE your pushing right on the left analog stick, GUARANTEED the monster is already dead and you're left swatting flies with a disappearing corpse right infront of you.

Got dammit. One of these years I will go a month without typo-ing!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-05 07:17 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 5, 2006, 10:28 AM
On 2006-11-05 07:03, FenixStryk wrote:
Sheesh, what a whine-fest. All you have to do is hit an enemy for at least 1 damage and you get 65% of the Exp! What's so hard about that? If you lower it anymore, you will get leechers. It's not hard to just move the d-pad and run from monsters at Lv.1. As for Forces, Wands are there for a reason. Pick up a Handgun and tag them before you start spamming nukes...Can't believe I have to make things bold for people to get the point. If you have a Handgun, you would've already tagged them before the Hunters even reach them.

Lilium
Nov 5, 2006, 10:30 AM
Options to let people choose > Any type of argument

Saigan
Nov 5, 2006, 10:48 AM
On 2006-11-05 07:30, Lilium wrote:
Options to let people choose > Any type of argument

LOL.

While that statement is entirely right. I'd have to say that any force who can't tag with RA spells and the ability to use bows simply needs to get more practice. I drop a couple of nuke then resta and reverser as needed. My party's have never had a problem of people missing exp- and most of them prefer I stalk members with resta instead of rafoierafoierafoierafoie......

The only time I've seen it get difficult to tag groups is when three hunters start spamming PAs and there are monsters flying everywhere but thus far I've only seen that in B rank grove of fanatics.

Where I have all the time in the world to tag cus those robots have WAY too many HP.

Shanira
Nov 5, 2006, 11:38 AM
Even as a ranger "tag the mobs" ticks me off. When big things appear I have a tendency to shoot the small fries with them til they die while my force and hunter friends go and beat on the big one. Except, sometimes they also kill smallfries, which might be blocked by the big one for me, and I have to waste time running around to tag the two other things, then back into position to blast the ickle ones.

Meanwhile the force gets hit by one of those annoying jumpy things you find in relics and I effectively fail. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Usually it's not more than a mild nuisance but it'd definately be nice not to have to worry about it all.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 11:43 AM
Maybe you should stop babing the hunter with heals and just wipe out twin daggers run use a pa the run out heal, OMG IT'S SOOOO SIMPLE! I'm sure everyone has a monomate

Also I've seen forces KO crap before I can even hit it.

Schubalts
Nov 5, 2006, 12:46 PM
Force in close combat + mobs = goodbye force...

Tystys
Nov 5, 2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah, Genobee, you need to take into consideration FORCES low attack and defense.

However, this OP's EXP idea doesn't work well for a game like PSU. It's an action title. It doesn't need strategy. I like the whole chaotic feel that PSU has.

And that would make leeching much easier. People need atleast to contribute a little bit to the cause to get any EXP. What if we just have that one asshole who sits there and does nothing but gets EXP for it anyways? You can't kick him from the party in PSU.

Spellbinder
Nov 5, 2006, 01:45 PM
You people think too much. Just bash monster's heads in and enjoy yourselves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SonicTMP
Nov 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
You want exp without hitting the mob? different game. Though I don't remember many games that give you exp for healing or crafting. SWG did something like that before the easy mode downgrade.

Granted if your healer/buffer could get equal exp for just palying support that be nice. But no company wants to run with something other than hit the mob to become stronger.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 02:00 PM
I have a FOnewearl friend who was like lv3 the first time I met her and I was level 11, we meet again yesterday and she was level 16 and I was level 18, so I don't think FO's have any problem gaining exp, she was doing good just by nuking people.

daylight129
Nov 5, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-11-05 10:45, Spellbinder wrote:
You people think too much. Just bash monster's heads in and enjoy yourselves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I agree. This is the kind of thing that should have been said in my item distribution topic.

In an essense, the issue is almost similiar to this. It's an issue on the "piece of the pie" as some of you put it.

I would go so far as to say that people who fought for the random/turns setting would be hypocritical not to agree with getting exp disregarding the fact if they actually hit the enemy or not.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 5, 2006, 02:58 PM
This is a rant, topic closed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BTW ima hunter and i never tag all target. say 6 mobs spawn i usually only get exp for about 3.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-11-05 04:04, Xeveous wrote:

On 2006-11-05 03:54, cobfab wrote:

Force can one shot everything,killing exp for everyone else.

Then that noob force needs to move on to a higher rank mission, or stop chain nuking things

Marks
Nov 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
There is no problem in tagging mobs, it is easy to do. The problem is that it forces people to tag every mob before they start fighting like a real party should.