PDA

View Full Version : player shops overpriced?

Gdiz
Nov 5, 2006, 06:01 AM
well at first i was constantly mad at the sellers of these INSANELY overpriced items in player shops, but after i found out that people actually buy this stuff at the insane prices i cant blame them for doing it. this first came to my attention when trying to buy nanocarbon (2500 from the shop) and people were selling it for 3000+. my guess is people dont know what the synth shop is for. i really hope the player shop economy balances out to normal as people actually learn things about the game.

Pikku
Nov 5, 2006, 06:26 AM
Everything in my store thats is sold in the shop is 50% less than that price so yeah.. this dont consern me

Gdiz
Nov 5, 2006, 06:30 AM
another example, try finding a 2 star staff for less than 900, i looked all night. they sell for 800. and another thing, arent shops with Pwords annoying?

cobfab
Nov 5, 2006, 06:37 AM
Just be glad you're not one of those stupid people who doesn't check the stores before buying from players.

Mag_Launcher
Nov 5, 2006, 07:25 AM
Hey, people. Anyone with a shop, PLEASE get a f*cking clue on what low level synth items sell for. I swear to god, if I see another store selling Hot Berries (50 from store) for 100-300...

DO NOT TOUT CHEAP SYNTH ITEM PRICES WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PRICES ARE YOURSELF, YOU BASTARDS. There needs to be a shop price reference page on psupedia or something.

Kuya
Nov 5, 2006, 08:19 AM
There's this great thread here
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=125243&forum=20&start=0

Some guy was bored and made a list http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 08:22 AM
I check both stores and player shops and to me, the player shops sell stuff for a lower price than the shops. man, this reminds me of college with the buying and selling textbooks thing.

TheStoicOne
Nov 5, 2006, 08:24 AM
I think people should do a little research before merchandising....

LocGaw
Nov 5, 2006, 08:26 AM
huh... I tested something out. I put a ton of weapons in my shop. I put them in the shop to measure if people were even comming(I was not selling stuff, I had checked the prices and they were fair 25-50% off). Here is the trick, I put them in the shop for LESS than you could sell them to a NPC for....

It took 3 days for those items to sell...

I am still unsure if it means that I am getting no traffic. It could also be that many entering are clueless and not seeing a powerful item in shop...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LocGaw on 2006-11-05 05:28 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 5, 2006, 08:41 AM
I've seen people selling Neu Wood for 1k a unit. It sells for 150 in main shops. Yeah, some people are greedy.

AnamanaAU
Nov 5, 2006, 08:44 AM
someone needs to compile a list of prices items should sell at roughly. I'll sometimes set items at random prices because the prices are so different from store to store.

Ammy
Nov 5, 2006, 09:24 AM
I, somehow, haven't had this problem. Of course, when there is something I need, I take my time finding it. the other day I got a Calibur from 15% dark for 12k, i saw it in other stores going for 18k+, and those weren't even elemental.

It really depends on time, how much you spend looking. I picked up nanocarbon for 1.8k a pop at one point, so good shops do exist.

Honestly, one person, Rinoa Heartily, had a great store, she had some B weapons, especially the wirefists, whatever they are called, 4* ones, anywhere from 2.5k to 3k as well.

then again, i've seen some rediculous prices as well, so that post above with the item table should be stickied or something lol.

Merumeru
Nov 5, 2006, 09:26 AM
XD Yah, theres a lot of ridiculously high prices in lotsa places, but the best thing to do is just shop around, you'll find what you're looking for for cheap eventually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Roffkaiser
Nov 5, 2006, 09:56 AM
I just shop around, after looking last night I found one shop that was selling two 3 star weapons for 300 which i bought for me and my friends PMs and another guy was selling 2 Nanocarbon for 2000 so my friend bought that and another 2 for 2300.

Just look around and reward the honest shopkeepers, and when I get some money I will make sure to have a cheap cheap shop heh.

FenixStryk
Nov 5, 2006, 09:59 AM
Shopkeepers are frikkin' morons. They farm to get the shops then overprice what they get. It takes a good 10 minutes to find a deal that isn't over retail price, FFS!

SailorDaravon
Nov 5, 2006, 10:14 AM
Pricing good items at over retail makes your shop come up in a search.

Razorback
Nov 5, 2006, 10:54 AM
i sell my stuff at really low prices, cause its cheap to make stuff

AlMcFly
Nov 5, 2006, 11:13 AM
Everything in my shop is at 25% of shop price, guaranteed. I definitely do my research ;P. Don't even round numbers off, my 2 star weapon boards are sold at like 87 meseta, haha.

Schubalts
Nov 5, 2006, 12:50 PM
Everything I have up is at least 30% off the NPC prices, I think. I've had stuff in my shop for nearly a week now, that hasn't sold! Stupid other playershops...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schubalts on 2006-11-05 09:51 ]</font>

DMC_Dante
Nov 5, 2006, 01:08 PM
Some people are real bad with pricing, I find checking the shops to be monotonous though so I go off of memory of what things are...only I really cheapen the price, generallly even more than 50% because to me if i can sell it to a vendor for crap meseta, or sell it and make like 200 or 100 meseta more...I just made a good sale lol

Tystys
Nov 5, 2006, 01:15 PM
This is why I am just going to sell my stuff to that lonely Weapon NPC....or any NPC willing to give me money.

Pengfishh
Nov 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
I am extremely annoyed with the cost of Nanocarbon. Out of seven shops, SEVEN, I found one guy, ONE, selling Nanocarbon at a discounted/not gouged price. A fair 1500 opposed to several 3000 and below, but still over the original price.

People need to take a walk around and be smart. Relic Edge for 200k is also ridiculous. No one will pay that much for something that really isn't that hard to find. I found two in a thirty minute span. Not that rare, folks.

Viera
Nov 5, 2006, 01:27 PM
I always keep my prices low, most of the time at or around 50% of the NPC price.

I personally think it's stupid to overprice or price something near the exact value of the NPC's shop, since your chances of actually selling it to a player become substantially lower. I prefer selling my items at a price that I know even I would buy from, just to guarantee myself a good income from my shop.

It takes a bit of empathy, sure, but if you were in the shoes of another player looking to buy a relic edge, would you seriously think they would spend 200k on it? Besides, if they put in a bit more effort looking at other player's shops, they'll realize it's going for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

As it stands right now, Meseta seems to have a really high market value. Of course, this value will lower after more and more players get more mesetas over the next few weeks. This is why, in the meantime, I just keep my prices low.

I guess you could say I'm just out there to make a quick buck, but I hate ripping people off. That's just my two cents...

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 5, 2006, 01:52 PM
Im sick of the marseline prices... 2.5k 1.5k all the time... A week ago i bought marseline for 400 meseta...