PDA

View Full Version : Onmagohg=Falz wannabe (SPOILERS)

Randomness
Nov 5, 2006, 12:05 PM
Honestly, the thing fights so similarly to the third round of Falz. He flies around the outside edge, his fire breath/throw is a lot like the Rafoie wave, he even does a heaven's punishment imitation... Shame he ISNT Falz though. I wanna kill Falz in this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-11-05 17:34 ]</font>

Viper472X
Nov 5, 2006, 05:09 PM
Cept Falz never flew away and got big rocks and threw them at your face. Falz level was much more awesome (CMON THE GROUND WAS MADE OF SKULLS) and falz looked cooler...had a pronounceable name...was awsome...and was actually nothing like Omg as i call him.

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
There's no way Falz was ever that easy.

daylight129
Nov 5, 2006, 05:34 PM
I sure as hell don't want to kill Falz in this game. Why? Because I've already killed him 212345678 times and want to kill bosses like Farkis.

AnamanaAU
Nov 5, 2006, 05:37 PM
Falz? Ohmahgohd? What are you smoking?

entropyboy
Nov 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
i think the boss in this game is the same as it always has been. his name just gets different based on localization.

Farkis -is- Flaz, there are just translated incorrected or correctly by different people. but he has always been the phantasy star main enemy (i think maybe except in one game)

AnamanaAU
Nov 5, 2006, 05:41 PM
I thought he was called Dark Faux in this game?

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:12, Zorafim wrote:

I lol'ed cause it's true. Omgbbqdog's main attacks are so easy to avoid. I'd like a Olga wannabe though just for the sake of nostalgic value. After all Olga talks his shit to you in his own language LOL.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:34, daylight129 wrote:
I sure as hell don't want to kill Falz in this game. Why? Because I've already killed him 212345678 times and want to kill bosses like Farkis.

Farkis? WTH. I swear when my friend played the PS2 version (traded it in for a 360ver) there was a player named Farkis that he played with.

Para
Nov 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
Somewhat OT:

It would be cool if we can revisit some of the old PSO levels with our PSU characters like it was part an event.

daylight129
Nov 5, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:44, Silhouette wrote:

I lol'ed cause it's true. Omgbbqdog's main attacks are so easy to avoid. I'd like a Olga wannabe though just for the sake of nostalgic value. After all Olga talks his shit to you in his own language LOL.

I think I used to know what Olga said, and I'm pretty sure it was in english. I forget though, but I'm positive it was a coherent english retort.

What language would it be? >>;

Sinue V2 is like the Phantasy Star Lore expert, when he logs in and sees this he will make mincemeat out of everything.

The last boss being Dalk Farkis or something doesn't make him part of the dark force...he was just given a hashed up name similiar to that of the other PS end bosses for trademark/nostalgia purposes.

The fact that Magashi being meshed with the SeeD and the name being somewhat similiar to that of Dark Falz, isn't juicy enough proof that SeeD and dark force are connected in some way. I guess we'll have to wait and see in the story mode missions

Dante1
Nov 5, 2006, 06:04 PM
the last boss is kinda like olga in the way the second battle goes.

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:50, Nites wrote:
Somewhat OT:

It would be cool if we can revisit some of the old PSO levels with our PSU characters like it was part an event.

Now that would be so very awesome. I can just see it now.

"Hey guys you wanna do a quick Vol Opt ver.2 run??"

Or straight old school and go from forest to ruins XDD.

Sinue_v2
Nov 5, 2006, 06:24 PM
Or... maybe I won't....

No... I'll say something.

Farkis -is- Flaz, there are just translated incorrected or correctly by different people. but he has always been the phantasy star main enemy (i think maybe except in one game)

Farkis is not Falz. At least, not until we know more about SeeD's nature. It's not a translation error either, as it's quite clear that Farkis is a combination of Megashi and the SeeD core. Even if he is supposed to be a representation of Falz, the two beings spawn from very different sources as we currently know it. (Falz in PSO is known as a dark god, whereas PS's Dark Falz was only an extension of the power of a dark god.) Besides, IIRC, the name Dark Falz itself is a translation error from Phantasy Star I (he was known as Dark Force in the Japanese version) which somehow happened to catch on with Sonic Team as they were developing PSO. However, I can't read Japanese - so I don't know for sure. Still, the name "Dark Falz" has been in use for so long in franchise that it's unlikely that they happened to "miss" such an important name at this point in time. I believe EspioKaos compaired the JP names of both Falz and Farkis quite a while ago and found that they were quite different. If Farkis is a translation error, it's likely that he was supposed to be called "Faux" in english.

At least Falz and Farkis share one thing in common. They both have a human host at their center. In PSU, Megashi currently bares no special significance to Farkis. He's simply a fusion of SeeD and a Cast. In PSO, Rico was fused with Dark Falz because Falz needed her physical body (and perhaps, soul) as an achor in the coporreal world in order to focus and amplify his power.

Also, Dark Falz - himself - has only been present in two Phantasy Star games. Phantasy Star I, and Phantasy Star Online. Though if you're not nit-picky, or don't accept the idea that Falz & Force are different types of beings, then he's been in five games. Olga Flow of Ep II is an extension of Dark Falz.. and the Great Shadow of Ep III could concievably be a much weaker form of Dark Falz, but not practically the same thing. So there's like 10 side games, three PSO episodes, a faux radio broadcast, and of course PSU in which Dark Falz/Dark Force do not appear. However, he IS the main enemy of the franchise. In a way, you can consider that the Phantasy Star is not a story about any single character or lineage. It's a story about The Profound Darkness (or, Dark Falz as an extension/form of that power).

As for being a master of Phantasy Star Lore, I'm not. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who could tear even me to shreds. Such a Mike Ripplinger, Joel Falgin, and even PSOworlds own HUnewearl_Meria - though he doesn't post much on these types of topics it seems.

Yeah.. the Ruins area would be nice. Or maybe flesh out some of the Ep III levels which we only got to see a small corner of. Though I would love to explore the Baya Malay tower and Garoun Morturary again in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-05 15:30 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Nov 5, 2006, 07:18 PM
Sorry, but I don't see the resemblence.

Stryfe1
Nov 5, 2006, 08:19 PM
The Dark Falz in this game looks like he did on PS1.

Ohmagog or whatever in this game, man, you can't compare him to Dark Falz on any level.

(In my best Samuel L. Jackson Voice from Pulp Fiction)

Vincent = "It's in the same ballpark."

Jules = "Ain't no muthaf'n ballpark, heck it's not even the same F'n sport!"

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:44, Silhouette wrote:

That boss attacks? I just shoot his wings whenever he's not bowing down to me, and level up a PA when he is. I leveled my dagger PA two or three times on that boss, which is nice since I never get to use it otherwise.

Hidoshi
Nov 5, 2006, 11:53 PM
Lazy linguists. It's pronounced On-Mah-Gowg. Not hard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Nov 6, 2006, 12:14 AM
On 2006-11-05 15:24, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Farkis is not Falz. At least, not until we know more about SeeD's nature. It's not a translation error either, as it's quite clear that Farkis is a combination of Megashi and the SeeD core. Even if he is supposed to be a representation of Falz, the two beings spawn from very different sources as we currently know it. (Falz in PSO is known as a dark god, whereas PS's Dark Falz was only an extension of the power of a dark god.) Besides, IIRC, the name Dark Falz itself is a translation error from Phantasy Star I (he was known as Dark Force in the Japanese version) which somehow happened to catch on with Sonic Team as they were developing PSO. However, I can't read Japanese - so I don't know for sure. Still, the name "Dark Falz" has been in use for so long in franchise that it's unlikely that they happened to "miss" such an important name at this point in time. I believe EspioKaos compaired the JP names of both Falz and Farkis quite a while ago and found that they were quite different. If Farkis is a translation error, it's likely that he was supposed to be called "Faux" in english.

The final boss is "Dulk Fakis".

I wouldn't go so far as to assume it was supposed to be "Faux". It was just one possibility--another that was brought up (my personal favorite) was the Latin "Facis" (which is pronounced the same way as "Fakis").

Xiber
Nov 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
Speaking of Falz, I was running around Youtube and someone (obvious hax0r) was fighting a boss, not much to this right? Well apparently the player is calling this boss Falz. Below are the links to the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU1xLbLq2IA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg4rP9pVcG4

I didn't play through story mode, so I don't know the end of the game. Does anyone have any information on this PSU "Falz"?
Please Sonc Team let Dark Falz and Olga Flow rest in peace. I'm tired of fighting them...

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 03:33 PM
Think ABOUT THE CHILD!!!!!!

aquafire
Nov 8, 2006, 03:55 PM
What's a Farkis? I just played Extra Mode and his name was Dulk Fakis. I am confused as to why everyone says Farkis.

Jiga
Nov 8, 2006, 04:12 PM
Very intuitive and accurate Sinue.

Sinue_v2
Nov 8, 2006, 04:22 PM
Please Sonc Team let Dark Falz and Olga Flow rest in peace. I'm tired of fighting them...

Uh.. then don't play Phantasy Star?

PS has, above all other plot devices, always been a story about the struggle between the Light and the Darkness. In a way, Dark Falz in the main character of all of Phantasy Star. Not Alis, Ethan, Rolf, Rico, or Sil'fer.

Now, different villans have always arisen to flesh out the storyline and give variety. Lassic, Rulakir, Zio, The Pioneer 2 Government, Megashi, and even us Earthlings. They are the plot devices and the main enemies of each individual game. If you want variety of villans, look to these people.

Xiber
Nov 9, 2006, 09:02 AM
On 2006-11-08 13:22, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Uh.. then don't play Phantasy Star?

PS has, above all other plot devices, always been a story about the struggle between the Light and the Darkness. In a way, Dark Falz in the main character of all of Phantasy Star. Not Alis, Ethan, Rolf, Rico, or Sil'fer.

Now, different villans have always arisen to flesh out the storyline and give variety. Lassic, Rulakir, Zio, The Pioneer 2 Government, Megashi, and even us Earthlings. They are the plot devices and the main enemies of each individual game. If you want variety of villans, look to these people.

Whatever, i just said that I'm tired of fighting it. I didn't ask for your opinion on gameplay.

Dante_Fried
Nov 9, 2006, 09:11 AM
For his first form I got to such a high level that I put the controller down and went to sleep. When I woke up he still hadn't hurt me at all, and I slept for 6 hours. I could never do that with Falz. If I did that he would've always have killed me. (BTW my Extra Mode character was at lvl 100 when I did it, so that could be the reason). I have been able to kill his second form in about 10 seconds (I used Death Dancer with maximum grind and it had light 30% and had the Rising Strike PA at lvl 30. I was doing 850+ dmg per hit and Death Dancer is the two sabers, so I was doing 1900+ dmg. per swing).

RoninJoku
Nov 9, 2006, 10:07 AM
Does the gohg send waves of razor bits at you that decimate your hp? Does the gohg hurl extremely painful and near impossible to avoid Rafoie/Rabarta streams? Does the gohg punish the arena with pillars of holy light? Does the gohg steal your soul? Does the gohg become invulnerable to physical damage? Does the gohg shoot medgid at your party (which rarely kills, but pisses you off when it does)? Does the gohg hit everyone on your party with a massive grants that's unavoidable unless you're already lying on your face?

Onmagohg /=/ Dark Falz in any of his forms. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Muffin
Nov 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
O.o; Um...i've never played the offline game...but do they really call him FARKIS?? In the Japanese version the name has the same romanization as every other game, ie Dark Force/Dark Falz. Changing the name like that just confuses people.

Purun~~

MayLee
Nov 9, 2006, 11:28 AM
Falz was great, I was shouting raspburries whenever he got me with freaking Megid! >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-11-09 08:30 ]</font>

Saigan
Nov 9, 2006, 12:56 PM
Dulk Fakis I believe is his name in the US release.

As another fan of classic Phanta I'd have to say the running Baya Malay would probably kill me. Or I'd kill my PS2... especially if there are holes all over the &*%$ing place.

Guilty-Mirage
Nov 9, 2006, 02:30 PM
Just to be pedantic, it's Dark Force. Always has been. Always will be. Not Dark Falz. Not Dark Falkis. Horrible localization translation efforts have always plagued the series. And I'm not even going to touch the "Prophallus" issue. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sinue_v2
Nov 9, 2006, 03:19 PM
Whatever, i just said that I'm tired of fighting it. I didn't ask for your opinion on gameplay.

Uh, you do realize that by posting your comments on a public forum, you're just asking for people to comment on their opinions of them. Secondly, my posts had nothing to do with the gameplay brainiac - they were about the storyline.

And yeah - it's quite simple. Don't like fighting Falz, or a representation of Falz? Then don't play Phantasy Star. Nearly 20 years of tradition isn't (hopefully) going to get flushed away by a few newbies to the series who are only in it for "Teh Rarez".

What you're doing is paramount to walking into a FF oriented fansite and saying "I don't like Moogles and I'm tired of riding Chocobos. I hope Square stops using them." Dark Falz just kinda, comes with the territory you know. The only deviation from this that I think the fanbase at large would really accept - is a plot which revolves around The Great Light.

daylight129
Nov 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
He spawns in different ways depending on his "host" or whatever. People think Dark Falz is like a single entity, but really Dark Falz is like one party of the true enemy that is Dark Force.

Muffin
Nov 9, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-11-09 11:30, Guilty-Mirage wrote:
Just to be pedantic, it's Dark Force. Always has been. Always will be. Not Dark Falz. Not Dark Falkis. Horrible localization translation efforts have always plagued the series. And I'm not even going to touch the "Prophallus" issue. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Actually it was "Dark Falz" in the original Phantasy Star. ^.^

Purun~~

hypersaxon
Nov 9, 2006, 05:08 PM
Okay, the name of the final boss is DULK FAKIS, not Dark Falkis or whatever names you guys were saying. He's NOT Dark Falz, Dark Phallus, Dark Force, Profound Darkness, he's Magashi turned into a huge Seed monster. Don't believe me, go play Story Mode.

Also, Omagouge is a pansy compared to Dark Falz.

Sinue_v2
Nov 9, 2006, 05:11 PM
He spawns in different ways depending on his "host" or whatever. People think Dark Falz is like a single entity, but really Dark Falz is like one party of the true enemy that is Dark Force.

No.. that was only in Phantasy Star Online. In PSO he was a conciousness without a body, and he needed a host to focus and channel his powers. In earlier games, he didn't need a host - at least, nothing about it had ever been mentioned. He did, however, often take hosts in order to manipulate them and their positions of power. Lassic, Zio, and Seth can all be seen as these hosts to Dark Force since they were actually imbued with his power. Though they weren't "consumed" as Rico was, except with the possiblity of Seth. Lassic and Zio still had their own conciousness and personality seperate from the darkness. Others, like the Governor or Motaiva, The Earthlings, Rulakir, Neifirst, Ult, and probably Osto Hoyle were simply manipulated, or possessed in some cases - amplifying their own personal motivations and driving them to act on their darker desires in a way that would benefit the darkness.

Dark Falz is a single entity in PSO - weither you subscribe to the idea that the storylines are connected or not. Traditionally, Dark Falz/Force were just extensions of the Profound Darkness's power, like tendrils poking through a hole in the wall into our dimension. Cutting off them off does not solve the problem. The Profound Darkness was destoryed in PSIV, which normally should have been the end of things. However since Dark Falz/Force IS just an extension of the Profound Darkness - it's possible that the Profound Darkness survived through one of the remainind Dark Forces/Falz's. If you believe the storylines are connected - this is why Dark Falz in PSO is so much more powerful than ever was previously - and why he desperately needs to find a new body and evolve. (The original Profound Darkness had a female form as well, though it's never said weither or not it was built on a copporeal host or not)

It would be impossible to kill him in PSO in this manner, since none of the weapons capable of killing the Profound Darkness are pesent in PSO. Even with the storylines disconnected (as they are), you can't destory a conciousness with swords and fireballs. He's a god, after all. It takes a similar power - Olga Flow, who is himself an extension of Dark Falz - to finally put an end to him we know it. Yet even still - he lives on as the Great Shadow in Ep III.

As Rico's translations from the Ruins says...

"Light makes darkness, a pair exists, but it doesn't always exist. Reincarnation goes forever. The rule is here. It should be sealed. MUUT DITTS POUMN"

On the one hand, this seems to repersent the idea that the Darkness and the Light are properties of the universe, and so Dark Falz/Force himself force of nature and one of the ultimate truths of the universe. On the other hand, it could also simply mean that so long as the Great Light exists - so will the Profound Darkness. They are, after all, two sides of the same whole.

This was actually a preliminary idea for Phantasy Star V back in the day. A girl with amnesia would meet up with a fourteenth generation Lutz far - far in the future. She would eventually remember that her name was Neta, and that she was a follower of the Great Light. Somehow, together, they would eventually have to end up seeking out and killing the Great Light, persumably to finally destory the darkness once and for all. Even though it would have been a continuation of the original storyline - it would NOT have been set in Algol. So in this way - if the storylines are all connected, it's possible that PSO, PS, and PSU are all continuations of the same storyline. Perhaps PSU will flesh out the background to the "Great Light" (Which the Communion of Gurhal also seems to worship. They worship the Photon aspect of it, whereas Dezolians worshiped the visable light and fire) and it will all finally come to a head later on in a brand new Phantasy Star series somewhere down the road. Although, that's just hopeful conjecture. The truth is, Sonic Team probably just looked over the production notes from early discussions on the possiblity of a PSV, and made their own series inspired by some of those ideas.

And Muffin - I believe the Japanese PSI mentioned Dark Falz as Dark Force when translated properly. As I said... I can't speak Japanese so I'm not 100% sure, but originally I think Dark Force was a translation error based on poor localization and space restrictions. (Dark Falz in PSI is actually 2 characters in one, allowing 8 letters for the name. Dark Force would have required 9 and been over the limit. You can tell this because after fighting him long enough in PSI - he will drop from two attacks per round to one, since you effectively killed off "one" of him)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-09 15:38 ]</font>

daylight129
Nov 9, 2006, 05:44 PM
Sinue, let me be stupid in all my non-knowledge of PS, I've already commented on your genius of it all >_<. You say you're not a guru...you lie.