PDA

View Full Version : wow beast ranger owns

Alisha
Nov 5, 2006, 02:06 PM
DISCLAIMER:this experience is from extra mode so it may work differently or not at all online.

after being disillusioned with how shitty shifta is i changed to beast ranger.

for the record i leveled shifta,zodial and megistar to level 11 the only thing that changed about shifta is range and duration and at lvl 11 it gets a substantial boost to duration. megistar only duration seems to change. also megiverse gives a bonus to damage based on the difference between your max and current hp. megistar hits you for 3 tics of potent infection. in theory it seemed like playing hp manipulation would be fun with beast but in practice it just isnt practical. also megistar does not stack with other buffs because when you cast it ,it actually gives you the effect of shifta,deband,zodial,and rentis. last megistar is a massive pain in the ass to level up because it goes up 1% per cast... zodial on the other hand... completely fucking owns.

now lets discuss what beast brings to ranger.
atp-my beast ranger as the same atp growth as my cast hunter lol
ata-we all know beast ata is bad but just being a ranger shores up this weakness and with the possible exception of vulcans the more your bullets level the more accuracte they become.
dfp-defence seems realtivly useless reguardless of class or race
evp-beasts have great evp compbimed with the class that has the best evp this is one of the cornerstones of what makes a beast ranger good
tech means nothing to ranger currently but mst can be problematic when dealing with tech spamming monsters.

ok this is how i opperate. instead of standing from a distance and shooting monsters from afar i get up and personal with shotguns. a lot of people dont like shotguns and they may seem weak at first but once they start to get to lvl bullet arts they start to become potent because at lvl 11 you get a 4th bullet coming out so at close range. you can do a lot of damage. on enemeies that are dangerous to get close to i just use twin handguns. i actually think in some situations my beast ranger out damages my hunter and because your a ranger you have the ata to not spam 0's with power blast badge.

watashiwa
Nov 5, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-11-05 11:06, Alisha wrote:
DISCLAIMER:this experience is from extra mode so it may work differently or not at all online.

You're right and this is why this topic is kind of meaningless.

All stats in story and extra mode are extremely high and very different than online.

Viera
Nov 5, 2006, 02:09 PM
After I get FO to 10, I might try out ranger for a bit. At first I didn't think of doing this because I'm a beast as well, but it can't hurt to at least try. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Randomness
Nov 5, 2006, 02:21 PM
True, but if its a comparison between extra mode hunter and ranger, its at least got some point to looking at. I was going to do ranger with my beast online. And everyone knows shotguns kill everything at point blank!

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 02:27 PM
but whats the point of using a gun point blank? wouldn't you be better off just using a sword? from my experience, shotguns seem pretty slow and I don't think they're as damaging as a skill PA or something.

Randomness
Nov 5, 2006, 02:32 PM
You use it point blank and all its shots hit the same target.

McLaughlin
Nov 5, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-11-05 11:21, Randomness wrote:
True, but if its a comparison between extra mode hunter and ranger, its at least got some point to looking at. I was going to do ranger with my beast online. And everyone knows shotguns kill everything at point blank!

Except in Offline all 3 classes can use just about every weapon type, so the comparison is useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-05 15:02 ]</font>

Itsuki
Nov 5, 2006, 06:01 PM
You have to consider one major difference between rangers offline and rangers online.

1) Monsters online have higher stats. Higher EVA, higher DEF, higher HP, etc.
2) The multiplier for ATA on rangers offline is huge. HUGE. We're talking about rangers offline having like 2.5x the ATA of rangers online. It is a huge difference. Only compounded by my previous point about monsters stats.
3) To my knowledge, the differences in stats offline between races isn't as substantial. Everything is a bit more "normalized".
4) Rangers have stupid amounts of ATP offline. Infact, they have almost no noticable difference when compared to hunters.

I've said it many times before. Rangers are the most broken class offline. They're only offline disadvantage is the even more horrible lack of PP offline. I've said it before, offline makes shotguns and mechguns look many times better than they really are.

Especially since Bullets cap out at level 10 Online right now.
Thats only for hunters and forces. Rangers have a cap of 20 right now.

McLaughlin
Nov 5, 2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I forgot I was still Hunter when I checked the cap >_>

D'oh.

Yoruichi
Nov 5, 2006, 06:07 PM
All thats said and I dare a ranger out dps me in any situation other than me using a low level weapon with a 50% weapon affinity SAME as the monster.

Don't get me wrong though, I wish it were true. It would add a sub class to the class, that being defined as a sniper. I don't find ata a problem online specially in groups, its a little harder for rifle/bows but for alot of the other weapons its easy to knock your accuracy up to 100%

Alisha
Nov 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
i realize its offline but my ranger clears the hive sans boss WAY faster than my hunter and my ranger can unload 2-3 shotgun shots into a monster in the time it takes for a skill to unfold. at level 21 my barada banga has 140% attack 71% accuracy and burn level 2.
at lvl 71 ranger level 10 she has the following stats.

hp 1645
atp 724
ata 246 <--even if she lost 100 ata online i doubt she would be phased
tp 136
dfp 114
evp 107
mst 72
sta 22

1) Monsters online have higher stats. Higher EVA, higher DEF, higher HP, etc.
rangers seem largely uneffected by defence and rather its mst and sheilded monsters that are a problem. reguardless im still gonna give a beast ranger a shot online because casts seem somewhat lacking compared to my beasts. for no appearent reason my cast doesnt seem to know how to evade but my beasts evade like ninja's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-11-06 16:54 ]</font>