PDA

View Full Version : I really miss Slicers...

Nia
Nov 5, 2006, 02:59 PM
I thought slicers were easily the coolest weapons in PSO but I haven't seen any what so ever. Anyone know why the took them out for PSU?

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 5, 2006, 03:08 PM
slicers were the worst weapon in PSO. i dont know how any1 could like them. they were weak :/

McLaughlin
Nov 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
They were horrid for male players. Females had a better time with them because their attack animation wasn't 4 minutes long.

Nia
Nov 5, 2006, 03:16 PM
WHAT?! Slicers were great! I always enjoyed them anyway... My char was a female so maybe that did have something to do with it, but I loved mastering thheir ability to string together targets. :::shrug:::

Maskim
Nov 5, 2006, 03:27 PM
Slicers, while a horrible terrible weapon that I personally hate, are a mainstay of the Phantasy Star series, and should be in the game, even if only 1% of the people use them.

Talen
Nov 5, 2006, 03:59 PM
Aftre having a Whitill section ID and being buried in slicers for 3 versions of PSO, I'll be happy to never see another slicer again lol

PJ
Nov 5, 2006, 04:01 PM
XDXDXD

Slicers... bad... weak

Again, the PSU forum shows it's merit

TheStoicOne
Nov 5, 2006, 04:05 PM
..................Rainbaw Baton!!!!!!

happy_cricket
Nov 5, 2006, 04:24 PM
I loved slicers, and was rueing their seeming absence from PSU just yesterday. Anyone who thinks they are horrid weapons might try to understand that not every player's experience revolves around being able to kill off an entire mob in one hit.

Besides, I loved them on my forces - they were great for "tagging" enemies to get EXP while you went around bufifng and healing everyone.

IrishSoldier
Nov 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
It's not so much that everyone wants to kill mobs, slicers just suck period. Their damage was always weak, I'm glad they tossed them.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 06:33 PM
SLicers sucked and where a horrible multi hit item

Realmz
Nov 5, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-11-05 12:59, Talen wrote:
Aftre having a Whitill section ID and being buried in slicers for 3 versions of PSO, I'll be happy to never see another slicer again lol

you and me both, only saving grace what i could get guld milla...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-11-05 15:41 ]</font>

parabolee
Nov 5, 2006, 06:43 PM
Slicers were awesome, only ignorant people who never took the time to larn how to use them correctly thought they were weak.

Slicers were as effective as Spread Needles, you could hit every enemy in a room and it's hit rate was great. So while other Hunters were running around getting a lot of damage, trying to hit everything and only doing 3 hits at a time, the slicer user was standing further away, taking no damage and hitting every enemy multiple time. I could level much quiker with a slicer than any pther weapon as a Hunter.

With the slicer yo ony had to aim at one enemy and it would ricochet of every other enemy in it's vicinity.

I had the red slicer and tended to use more than my other weapons (even my chainsword)

Saner
Nov 5, 2006, 07:03 PM
they need to bring back the classic PS slicers, they can hit multiple enemies like the PSO ones, but had much more useful power and accuracy.

Nia
Nov 5, 2006, 08:22 PM
wow...love them or hate them i guess. lol. i would personally love to see what kind of photon arts they could come up with for a slicer. imagine freezing every enemy on screen one at a time *BLING*BLING*BLING* ... sounds fun to me...

:::swings imaginary slicer:::

Maskim
Nov 5, 2006, 08:29 PM
I would LOVE to see the classic PS slicer make a return. I'd probably actually use them then.

*Imagines character pulling a pair of razor blade boomerangs out with crossed arms, letting both fly in seperate directions as they fly to right and left, criss crossing back, hitting a slew of enemies before returning to hands*

Slicers were great in first PS games. I never had one on my main char, but my secondary would, whenever possible. (ie PS4 Chaz would use a sword, but the chick whose name I can't remember had a slicer. With her higher speed she would weaken them all at the beginning of the round, and Chaz could 1 hit most enemies after.)

Miyoko
Nov 5, 2006, 08:31 PM
Diska of Braveman + hunter = a dragon dead before it can do it's ground rush attack.

Nia
Nov 5, 2006, 08:43 PM
oh no doubt slicers were the best weapon for boss fights where they have many targets. guns hit a few, same for swords, but slicers hit damn near all of them. i really don't know why people don't like them...

less ATP is easily made up by hit quantity

KiteWolfwood
Nov 5, 2006, 09:38 PM
People that say slicers are terrible horrible weapons = people that used the hacked duped to hell TJ sword?

Raifen
Nov 5, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hah I can just imagine busting out a rappy fan on ANY of the bosses in PSU.

Kupi
Nov 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
The value in Slicers were mostly for melee Forces (like myself), because they'd allow you to do multi-hit attacks at range. Furthermore, they allowed you to hit several enemies when they were at weird angles compared to one another; you could hit the three that were bunched up and the one standing off to the side.

PSU has the fans, which suit me just fine. They don't behave exactly like Slicers, but they're still an eccentric ranged weapon for casters, so I'm happy.

Dusk21
Nov 5, 2006, 09:57 PM
Red Slicer + Red Coat = one very happy death dealer IMO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2006, 10:28 PM
I kept a slicer around just for boss fights myself. That's the only time I used them, but damn if they didn't kill things dead.

I too wish they'd return, if only because they'd been in the series since PS2. They had a nice badassery feel to them, and they really weakened things up for the main DDs. Makes me wonder how they'd look in this game, though...

Candor
Nov 5, 2006, 11:05 PM
i loved slicers, trying to hit as many targets as possible, making them do cool tricks; i was the only one of my friends who could use them successfully http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. wish they would add at least one to PSU.

Nia
Nov 5, 2006, 11:42 PM
not only were they kick ass looking, fun to use, and boss killers, but they were (as far as I know) uniqu to Phantasy Star. They were a whole new class of weaponry that IMO added a lot to the battle.

I wonder if ST will grant my wish and add a couple in with an update.... yeah.... right...........

Finalzone
Nov 5, 2006, 11:49 PM
It won't be surprising that slicers will return in future updates or possible expansion. For now, enjoy using current weapon and try to synthetize. Patience is a virtue

Nia
Nov 6, 2006, 12:03 AM
LOL! I have heard the term "patience is a virtue" more in the last few days in regards to PSU than any other game I can remember! But I agree with you Finalzone. I wouldn't be surprised either. However, they have more pressing matters to address than slicers... I think it will be a while till I see them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zakuro
Nov 6, 2006, 12:16 AM
I definately hope they make a return in the expansion or something. While I can't say I used them much in PSO, they were one of my favorite weapon types. With better power and/or accuracy they would make a nice addition to PSU.

Noisewater
Nov 6, 2006, 06:20 AM
when i got the slicer in pso i used it almost exclusively from then on lol
Sure it's weak, but I had fun using it, and there was nothing better than watching 5 enemies fall in a neat little line lol. Not to mention you could target both ground and air enemies at the same time

Thrash777
Nov 6, 2006, 08:46 AM
Ah, the Rappy Fan... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kent
Nov 6, 2006, 10:38 AM
It'd be great if they added Slicers as a left-handed weapon in an expansion or something.

...And then Dual Slicers as another weapon type.

Really, though, there's much more to a weapon than pure power. The way Slicers were used in PSO, made them a really unique weapon, and were very useful, regardless, and one of my favorite weapon types to use (next to Partisans, of course). I really hope they're brought back, in one form or another.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Nov 6, 2006, 12:45 PM
So what if some of you thought slicers sucked in pso... that doesnt mean that ST couldnt have changed them for psu. So why would you wish for them to be removed?

My first run in PSU, one of the first things I thought of when encountering the enemies was "god I wish I had a slicer right now" Especially because psu has no good group hit weapons. Partisans are now linear, so they dont serve the same purpose, and Swords are SO SLOW and only hit 3 enemies. So slicers would serve so much purpose for multihitting large groups of enemies.
I dunno, certain groupings of enemies really call for a slicer, and I feel like I see that "certain grouping" much more in psu than I did in pso o-o
Just imagine fighting psu monsters and bosses with a slicer... it could work so well!

the idea of Slicers vs. Golmoro = made of win

kazuma56
Nov 6, 2006, 12:53 PM
I was never a slicer fan, I did like the fact that DOB or charge diskas were quite awesome in some runs... but for the majority of the time, they were situational at best, a charge vulcan on a hunter would own the dragon in no time, a SN using ranger could pull up insane dmg on multi-target bosses as well.

It only seemed to benefit Forces seeing as RA tech spamming wasn't nearly as taxing as special DOB/Charge diska spamming.

Candor
Nov 6, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-11-06 09:45, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
So what if some of you thought slicers sucked in pso... that doesnt mean that ST couldnt have changed them for psu. So why would you wish for them to be removed?

My first run in PSU, one of the first things I thought of when encountering the enemies was "god I wish I had a slicer right now" Especially because psu has no good group hit weapons. Partisans are now linear, so they dont serve the same purpose, and Swords are SO SLOW and only hit 3 enemies. So slicers would serve so much purpose for multihitting large groups of enemies.
I dunno, certain groupings of enemies really call for a slicer, and I feel like I see that "certain grouping" much more in psu than I did in pso o-o
Just imagine fighting psu monsters and bosses with a slicer... it could work so well!

this made me realize something, you are right that PSU has a lot more of closely grouped enemies that a slicer would be great for. but now there are PAs that hit multiple enemies, dagger PA in a group is insane. so the only advantage a slicer would have in PSU is doing that at range.

Doesn't mean I don't want them by any means, and twin slicers = total win (as long as Figunners can use em http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-06 10:41 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Nov 6, 2006, 02:37 PM
I took my hucaseal from lv1 to lv200 using slicers a fair amount of the way (mainly with a high hit DoB that devoured bosses whole). People drop the subject of how sucky your weapon is once you start berserking for 1,400+ damage (per swing) to groups. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Here's the formula:

caseal ATA
High hit DoB, Charge Diska, Rainbow Baton, etc.
Traps
+ God/Battle
-----------
Win.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-11-06 11:42 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 6, 2006, 03:21 PM
Slicers were fun. But nothing spelt pwnage better than beating bosses to death with a frying pan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Otaku
Nov 6, 2006, 03:52 PM
slicers were pretty good againest a lot of mobs at once but other than that it was useless i myself liked them for that reason.

Noisewater
Nov 9, 2006, 08:10 PM
Also for those of you who played as a robutt, slicers were awesome for setting a trap and detonating it without having to actually target it or wait for it to go. Just set a trap, lure them in, then slice slice away you go! The slicer would hit an enemy, bounce down hit the trap, then bounce up and hit an air enemy! Wonderful...just wonderful.

Mane
Nov 9, 2006, 10:02 PM
Aside from majority of PSO-World...I myself also loved slicers, I carried a Diska of Braveman around everywhere up until I found Red Slicer around level 105. Call me crazy but in my eyes Slicers were great weapons.

Uyoku
Nov 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
Oh yes, I barely noticed I hadn't seen a slicer yet, wow. I miss mine, they were weak but they were great for standing back and hitting multi enemies even if they were weak. I liked them for far off stuff, not so much close up. These enemies wouldn't give you the light of day to do ranged alone. Thank you double sabres, now I have to wonder do they have the traditional double sabres like the Darth Maul looking ones still?

I haven't gotten deep enough in the game to see this. My fave is still there though, daggers, though tis weird seeing double daggers and a single dagger, when the daggers I remmeber were always doubled up. I like the older looking ones better, I always had the sexy blue ones...

Midicronica
Nov 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-11-06 09:45, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:

God, those are my thoughts exactly. I actually said while fightign those bastards, "Man, I wish I had a slicer.." They were indeed one of lesser-tier weapons, but the ability to hit more than one target with each attack was great.