PDA

View Full Version : "Sidekick"? Whatever...

Quark713
Nov 5, 2006, 04:34 PM
This is sort of random, but here it goes...

I have a friend in real life who has the game, and we play together all the time. This friend is a gamer, in that he plays video games constantly (well, so do I...), especially MMOs. He levels up so fast, but after playing with him for so long, I've gotten used to it.

The thing is, he plays a hunter, and I play a force, and his playstyle constantly forces me to heal him. Thats not a problem with me, though.

One day, as we were playing, he made a joke and called me a sidekick. He joked that, even with my healing, I wasn't that useful. He then left the party, ran over to Neudiaz, and started a high level mission by himself.

We have the XBox version, so we always talk over private chat, and, through his usual joking, I heard him beg me to come to his aid, as the monsters that we could take together were tearing him to pieces. I found that funny.

The moral of the story is, even if you are considered a sidekick, they couldn't do it without you...

Sorry for the rambling and incoherent sentences...

UltimateCarl
Nov 5, 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm glad that ended well. I was afraid you were going to tell us about how your friendship got destroyed. XD

Yeah, well, I plan on eventually playing a Guntecher, so I'm going to know all about that lack of appreciation... Sidekick pride, yo!

Reeses
Nov 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
The first thing that i thought of when i read this was: "Thats so cute...lol"

But yeh, Higher level missions without FO's = sucks. I dont know who he thinks he was kidding when he thought that FO's (yourself) are useless.

Quark713
Nov 5, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-11-05 13:38, UltimateCarl wrote:
I'm glad that ended well. I was afraid you were going to tell us about how your friendship got destroyed. XD

Yeah, well, I plan on eventually playing a Guntecher, so I'm going to know all about that lack of appreciation... Sidekick pride, yo!

No, we remain the best of friends...
To quote him, we are each others' "brother from another mother"...

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2006, 05:20 PM
There's no way I can fight without my side kick. Though my other kicks are more useful in some situations, there's just no other way to kick when your side is facing an opponent.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
Hunters are so funny when they do low rank stuff and think they are just awesome. Then when they get into higher rank stuff want a ranger to plasma shot everything so they don't get owned by everything and can't live without a force to heal them.