PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: What are the ups and downs for a human ranger?

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:05 PM
Because I'm either making a hunter named Cash Lavi or a ranger named Cash Lavi. (yes that's my real name) (also I'm naming my character my name because that seems to be the popular thing now, everyone is making thier character look like them and naming thier characters thier name)but anyway if you could give me some info on them that would be great.

klunka
Nov 5, 2006, 05:09 PM
Humans have no ups and downs. They're completely average at everything.

I mean, it's like

Up: They're ATA isn't extremely poor
Down: They're ATA isn't extremely good

If you plan on goign any of the forte classes, a Human is not recommended. That's not to say you couldn't do it, it's more than possible to be an effective Human Fortefighter/gunner/techer but there are better options.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
yeah but humans get claire weapons don't they? i mean those are pretty good. besides human is good at any class technically. i mean the only problem is thier hp.

klunka
Nov 5, 2006, 05:15 PM
You can equip claire weapons yes, but it's not as if that makes you uber. Claire weapons are extremely balanced if you ask me. They have a considerable amount less ATP but hit more enemies.

And yes, like I said. Humans aren't bad at any class. At the same time they're not great at any class. Though Guntecher/Wartecher might be the ideal human spots. I can't say for sure yet though.

Itsuki
Nov 5, 2006, 05:19 PM
Humans rangers are just crappy versions of newman rangers. I mean, seriously, what do they have on newman? A little more hp and an almost non-existant difference in ATP on a class that isn't meant to be a huge damage dealer.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:19 PM
true but isn't like every other class kninda like that. for example. CAST=good ranger. good hunter. bad yet fun FOcast. Beast=Good hunter. average ranger. not so good force. Newman=average hunter. bad ranger. excellent force. Human=all around. so basically everyone wins and loses in the end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:20 PM
ok then what about a human hunter. that has to be a good class.

klunka
Nov 5, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:19, Cash_Lavi wrote:
Beast=Good hunter. average ranger. not so good force.

I'm not sure Beasts can handle Ranger. Their ATA is just so horrible.

Also, you're not gonna get an answer either way with Humans. The stats are just so average across the board there's no way to say a Human is good or bad at anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klunka on 2006-11-05 14:22 ]</font>

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:22 PM
yeah your probably right...

Nani-chan
Nov 5, 2006, 05:23 PM
Just go with what you think looks best.

klunka
Nov 5, 2006, 05:24 PM
I can tell you this much. I currently have a lvl 32 Human. 5 hunter, 5 ranger and 5 force. No, I didn't suck at anything. I could do everything required of me leveling up each class. But there was another race that could do the job better than me each time.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:25 PM
yep i like how human looks. i like cast but thier a lil' bulky and to cybernetic for me. newmans i have no problem with thier stats just arent for me and beast are to much like cats and dogs.
so i guess im going human http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: also I'm still not sure what class.
ranger or hunter. (so many hunters...)
(so little rangers but that would make me unique...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cash_Lavi on 2006-11-05 14:27 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Nov 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
You can try both, it takes a little meseta to switch but that's the only bad thing..

So just pick one and if you don't like it you can raise money to switch.

entropyboy
Nov 5, 2006, 05:41 PM
play with what you want.

even on the forte classes, humans will still have advanges on not having some stats be lower (then average).

Jinto117
Nov 5, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:25, Cash_Lavi wrote:
yep i like how human looks. i like cast but thier a lil' bulky and to cybernetic for me. newmans i have no problem with thier stats just arent for me and beast are to much like cats and dogs.
so i guess im going human http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cash_Lavi on 2006-11-05 14:27 ]</font>

Yeah I understand how you feel. My brother likes the Ranger class and he knows Casts ultimately would be best suited for the job but he doesn't really like the looks of them. He to thinks their far to cyber netic looking. So he'll probably be a human just because their better looking. How extensive can you customize your cast online in the makeover shop? Will Sega create new clothes and stuff?

Para
Nov 5, 2006, 05:49 PM
Humans and Newmans have the 2nd best ATA where as a Human would have the third best ATP for a ranger I believe.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:46, Jinto117 wrote:

On 2006-11-05 14:25, Cash_Lavi wrote:

Yeah I understand how you feel. My brother likes the Ranger class and he knows Casts ultimately would be best suited for the job but he doesn't really like the looks of them. He to thinks their far to cyber netic looking. So he'll probably be a human just because their better looking. How extensive can you customize your cast online in the makeover shop? Will Sega create new clothes and stuff?

the cast's customization isn't as indepth as the other races. they only get parts and thats it. unless your cast has an artificial face and hair then you can get hats and glasses for it.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 5, 2006, 11:36 PM
If you really want to "max out" a character and be able to play any role when ever needed. I would go human.

I think thats my goal, since you can swich "jobs" aka final fantasy style anytime you want now your one super high level character can be any job when ever with no major flaws.

Vs sombody else that may be better at a job than you, but they will be worse at another, sort of limiting there effectivness in leveling all the jobs.

Not sure just how bad a Focast would be since I havent tried it and PSU is so diffrent than PSO where a cast could not use magic at all, but I beat offline mode all the way thru and was happy with the humans performance, and now my first char online is human and seems to be doing good.

Maybe when I hit lvl 20 and see a SUV or Nanoblast I will have to start over out of jealousy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I think an ability is alot more usfull than a special weapon since you always have your ability with any weapon rather than be tied to a certian weapon. End game im sure the ultimate weapons wont be crea weapons and that leaves the humans at a minor loss.

ProfessorZ
Nov 5, 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm a human level 28 clv 6 ranger and I must say this is the second best class to being a ranger after a Cast

Ether
Nov 6, 2006, 12:01 AM
On 2006-11-05 14:49, Nites wrote:
Humans and Newmans have the 2nd best ATA where as a Human would have the third best ATP for a ranger I believe.

Newmans have more ATA than Humans