PDA

View Full Version : PM raising troubles...

Dr_Lantis
Nov 5, 2006, 05:05 PM
My main is a hunter, but I recently decided to try Ranger again, and I'm loving it. Since my PM on the character is POW (24/0/1/0), I was thinking of making another character to just make a pure DEX PM. However, I already have a low-level force in one spot (only level 9), my "mule" in another (the character that I make/delete for low level melee weapons), and my Armor raising PM in the last spot (PM is 0/0/0/1...). If I decided to make a DEX PM, I would either need to lose my force, destroy my mule spot, or destroy my Amour PM.

Logic say to delete my Armor PM, but I will run into another problem. If I ever decide to make a Armor PM in the future, I wouldn't be able to since I would already have the other slots filled (my main and thus her POW PM, my force and thus his MIND PM, and my DEX PM). Even though I'm not focusing on my force, I would probably want to keep him in case I get the feeling to play as one (since my main is a CAST).

The only possible solution I can think of is to make the Armor PM a DEX/Armor PM (thus both their levels will be about 50/50 or one stat being higher than the other. So, how effective would a non-pure DEX and Armor PM be in Synthesizing and what should the ratio be between the DEX and the Armor? Or is their another solution that I'm not seeing?

AeraLure
Nov 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
Not entirely sure I see the problem, except to say that if you wish to cover all the bases, use the recreatable character slot to finish the armor PM first. When its done use that slot to make the ranged PM.

Dr_Lantis
Nov 5, 2006, 05:15 PM
That sounds good, but I would also need the empty spot for my POW and MIND PM.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 5, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-11-05 14:15, Dr_Lantis wrote:
That sounds good, but I would also need the empty spot for my POW and MIND PM.

then do armor dex pm last, traps are cheap.

AeraLure
Nov 5, 2006, 05:21 PM
Hmm. Not sure what your overall plan is from your first post so I must just be in need of coffee and missing something obviousl lol, however:

With 4 basic synth types to cover and 4 slots, you can make a PM for each circumstance: Striking, Tech, Ranged and Armor. It sounded to me like you had started the Striking and the Tech ones. All well and good. If you were to use the mule character to create the Armor PM you could then create the character there that would use the Ranged PM once the armor PM is done somewhere else. You simply cant make the Ranged on until the Armor one is completed. That's how I would do it. I cannot figure out how you are coming up a slot or two short. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dr_Lantis
Nov 5, 2006, 05:31 PM
Currently, my priority in raising the PMs is POW > DEX >> Armor >>> MIND. I realize that I would need to finish my other PM before I create my DEX PM, but I don't want to do that. So, instead of missing out on a stat, I figure that I would get a hybrid of armor and DEX. If I were to create that hybrid, I also wonder what would be the best ratio for the two