PDA

View Full Version : Which version has the biggest number of users online???

SkeeUK
Nov 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
As the title says which would be the better bet for online play.

ive ordered the psu-360

i can recall pso-card and the eu servers were ghostly

i hope that dont happen again on the 360 version in the uk:(

dc pso 1 and v2 and gc ep2 - were absolutly brimming with users, i really hope a large community builds up again, either on ps2/pc and 360 versions

fingers crossed for eu servers, i dont know how it is in usa servers

Mystil
Nov 5, 2006, 05:48 PM
Dude really now, 360 is on it's own in PSU. PC and PS2 are together. Might not be the obvious answer but I'm absolutly sure 360 is out populated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif. Take in account that PSU isn't PSO and there is going to be more 360 players than what you've seen in Ghosttown GC. And you will NEVER see the boom of users that the DC version got, ever again.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
fingers crossed for eu servers, i dont know how it is in usa servers

EU and NA share servers now

ps2/pc has more users than xbox360, though neither is at a shortage from what I understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-05 14:50 ]</font>

EC_Subbie
Nov 5, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 360 from what I can tell there's at least 5,000 players on during primetime.

Ecstasy
Nov 5, 2006, 06:10 PM
PC/PS2 is by far more populated

Blitzkommando
Nov 5, 2006, 06:12 PM
I've yet to be on at a time with PSUPC at which Universe 1 was not full or just about full with the next two or three universes at least half-full and I assume I get on at off times (Usually between 10PM EST to 5 or 6AM EST). Needless to say, it is easy to find a party should you need one and this is without the EU release even.

_dd_
Nov 5, 2006, 06:15 PM
PSU360 = First 3 Universes are just about full all the time, During prime time it can easily extend to the fourth.

Ether
Nov 5, 2006, 06:18 PM
Whats the highest guild card number on 360 that anyone has seen? I've seen around 18,000 on the PC version

SkeeUK
Nov 5, 2006, 07:36 PM
thats great news then, thanks very much for the information, ive still got a few weeks left till it arrives
i cnt wait, i hope it is as good as everyone on psoworld makes it out to be, because if it is il surely be falling out witht he missus again - this is 1 game she hates because of the constant online play:)

Saikyn
Nov 5, 2006, 07:39 PM
I have both version of the game. 360 seems to have more users online at all times than PC. <_>

PC high time seems to be 3 servers full (Thursday Friday Nights)
360 has 5 servers full at the same time duration. so...yeah...360 wins.

jarek99
Nov 5, 2006, 09:23 PM
360 users will tell you it has more users.

PS2/PC will tell you they have more users.

The end.

Saikyn
Nov 5, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-11-05 18:23, jarek99 wrote:
360 users will tell you it has more users.

PS2/PC will tell you they have more users.

The end.

I'll screen shot them for you later. =3 Then i'll bukkake on your face.

SolitaryEcho
Nov 5, 2006, 11:45 PM
I'm just gonna say there's alot of people playing PSU and I'm happy about that.

_dd_
Nov 6, 2006, 12:45 AM
Highest Guild Card number on the 360 version was 15K so I guess 360 is lagging behind a bit, but still, I think the majority of 360 owners play more..

Aberu
Nov 6, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-11-05 15:15, _dd_ wrote:
PSU360 = First 3 Universes are just about full all the time, During prime time it can easily extend to the fourth.

That sounds like more users. These other people who say ps2 pc has more are obviously just talking from their ass. Most times Universe 01 is fullish, and Universe 2 is like a star and a half. At primetime they are both full and 03 is about 1 star and a half. The game isn't that amazingly populated on PS2/PC.

Xbob
Nov 6, 2006, 01:07 AM
Xbox 360 universes don't support as many people per server due to a smaller population expectance, and therefore will fill up more universes during primetime.

ExoZero
Nov 6, 2006, 01:32 AM
I really find it hard to believe they just didnt connect all three I mean its been done before with ffxi so why should it be any harder with psu its basically clients connecting to a server so why shouldnt they Is it just a whole discrimination thing or w/e?

Xbob
Nov 6, 2006, 02:09 AM
And you expected them to integrate the voice chat on the PS2 architecture...how? Sure, it'd be possible, but honestly, from what I hear, the PS2 version lags enough as is. Also, Sega said something about trying to get all three versions together, but not being able to, they also had a more specific reason, but I cannot recall what it was.

watashiwa
Nov 6, 2006, 03:13 AM
On 2006-11-05 22:07, Xbob wrote:
Xbox 360 universes don't support as many people per server due to a smaller population expectance, and therefore will fill up more universes during primetime.

Pulled this one out of your ass?

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 03:25 AM
There arent ALOT of 360 psu users. Ofcourse theres more PC/Ps2, But alot of 360 owners WONT pay a monthly fee on top of what they have to pay for xbl, not for the game in the state its in now. Most 360 players, are people who played the original pso. Theres too many great games comming out for the 360 to pay for psu monthly and have those other games on top of that. The supposed halo killer, gears of war im sure is going to drag alot of 360 players away from psu all together.

The games been out for like 2 weeks now right? In all honesty it does fell a bit repatitive at the moment, it really shouldnt feel like that after a couple weeks. I remember playing auto assault, had like a 2 week trial, I played that game ALOT that shit was fun, ALMOSt went ahead and just bought a 6 month trial for that, but then I waited for psu.

Im happy, at the same time slightly dissapointed, I almost had all my regular mmo peeps I played with on this game, but its hard to convince people to play when you can tell them all they have to do in 3 minutes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Maybe SEGA has something bigger planned out. We should have all the content by thanks giving, because honestly it would be sorta stupid to make a thanksgiving theme for all of us, when were all itching for the actual content locked on the disc.

Ryogen
Nov 6, 2006, 04:44 AM
Wait till the Japanese and Europe gets it. We will play the world.

Ether
Nov 6, 2006, 04:46 AM
Japan will do nothing to the 360 population

Ryogen
Nov 6, 2006, 04:49 AM
On 2006-11-06 01:46, Ether wrote:
Japan will do nothing to the 360 population

Yes they will. Roughly about 1,000 to 3,000 at most. 360 did make sales (not as much as Europe or US, but they have it and people will use them for PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-06 01:52 ]</font>

Gavin_King
Nov 6, 2006, 05:44 AM
I play on 360, and am glad the servers aren't linked. For the most part, the owners of the 360, PSU and people who are willing to pay $9.99 a month for the game, are the more friendly, mature gamers, and it's (normally) a pleasure to play with them. Also, the fact that most people have a mic, and most people used their mic, really helps the game. I can't imagine having to type up what's going on, and a conversation. Best parts of the game, have just been sitting back on a couch, talking about random BS, while killing **** on the screen.

I've never really had any trouble finding a group... I play with a couple friends, but I've gone on and joined other people, and have had other people join me. Once the Europe gets it (japanese won't really affect it too much), there will be even more people.