PDA

View Full Version : The PSU Players...you know, theater

Debris
Nov 5, 2006, 06:53 PM
Ever since my first online RPG experience, (FFXI), I've thought it'd be fun to gather a few friends, strangers and Thespians, and perform a theater play for the masses. Sadly though, things never materialized for that game, and my little dream died away with my interest in the game (too much running).

But now, after playing PSU, for, I admit, a short period of time, my dreams and aspirations to form a traveling online theater group have re-manifested, and I can't wait to hear what others think of this idea. Could be Comdey, Drama, Topical, so forth. Of course this would be hard work, what with the planning, writing, practicing and performing; but I feel it would be a grand experiance, and worth all the trouble in the known PS Universe.

Tell me what you think via reply or PM, and if you see me online (Debris), give me a shout or a slap. Depending on your position towards this idea.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
P.P.S. I apologize for my bad grammar and lack of overal explaination.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Debris on 2006-11-05 16:48 ]</font>

Hnix
Nov 5, 2006, 06:58 PM
I'm with you on this one man. PSU has a nice bit of emotes so yea this can be done. Also I got fraps so if you are going to put this in effect I can record it so other ppl can view it too.

peachgirldb
Nov 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
I actually think this would be really fun! I'd love to do something like that. :3

zxeros
Nov 5, 2006, 07:00 PM
lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I luv the idea

xFuZioN
Nov 5, 2006, 07:09 PM
It would take a lot of time and dedication.

Debris
Nov 5, 2006, 07:14 PM
And fast typers. I'm not very fast, but am willing to pratice as needed. re-writing the script into the game would require plenty of practice, let alone the acting itself. I've had ideas about staging, like using stairs and elevators as Stage Exits, and other small thoughts.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 5, 2006, 08:08 PM
I wanted to start a band. We would be called Noise Unit and battle our rival band, evil IndieRock super group, Rock Lobster.

Debris
Nov 5, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-11-05 17:08, Puppet_Papaya wrote:
I wanted to start a band. We would be called Noise Unit and battle our rival band, evil IndieRock super group, Rock Lobster.

Sounds like an episode of SeaLab...and alittle of topic.

Emrald
Nov 5, 2006, 08:55 PM
I'd love to do it, i am a fast typer, but not the best speller.

UltimateCarl
Nov 5, 2006, 09:04 PM
I love acting, myself, as well as RPing in games like this, so I'd love to help out in whatever way possible!

...Unfortunately, my copy still isn't here and even when it is here, I probably won't be online until December or so.

But, yeah, I'd love to get in on this!

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 09:20 PM
Sorry i think EVE beat you to the Punch, EVE has a live feed of all guild events and they take the ebst even'ts and actualy turn it into kind of like a realatily show or like a news broad cast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-05 18:30 ]</font>

wrentypo
Nov 5, 2006, 09:31 PM
awesome idea, i've already been in a couple breakdancing battles and it was hillarious since PSU seems really geared to performing. i'm sure threatre would be really fun as well. raffon meadow and the hot spring field bases would be great "stages" and cut-in chat would be an awesome way to ready your lines. it would be even better when more clothes/parts come out. the only detractor would be how words and sentences are cut off in the chat bubbles where a hyphen should be. i'm crossing my fingers that hopefully this will be fixed because it's REALLY annoying.