PDA

View Full Version : Limit to the number of techs/skills?

entropyboy
Nov 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
when i look at my tech screen it show how many techs i have out of 36 (i think that is the number). this number seems to be shared with the 1 weapons skill i got during the tutorial.

so i am wondering, when the rest of the spells are unlocked, are we going to be limited in the number we can learn and if we choose "wrong" spells or abilities, it will eat up slots we would have wanted to use for "good" spells/abilities?

Randomness
Nov 5, 2006, 07:00 PM
You can overwrite if you're at max.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 5, 2006, 11:27 PM
Oh wow your kidding they have a max skill learned deal? thats evil!!

I hope if you took the time to level a spell to lvl 30 and over write it with a diffrent spell, when you add it back its still at level 30.

This wont hurt hunters, but maybe rangers/force people.

KazuKun
Nov 5, 2006, 11:28 PM
....nope, once you overwrite it, it's back to lvl1 for that photon art! But hey...do you really need EVERY single skill?

Kerik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:31 PM
Sure you do! What are you talking about? Maxing every skill is great fun.

'course...it's a pain. But yeah, I don't see it affecting hunter's much. But, what do I know? I haven't gotten many. Still trying.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:37 PM
Well, if you plan on using only techs, then you should be fine; I think there are exactly 36 different techs.

galaxy
Nov 5, 2006, 11:42 PM
also, its to encourage specialization. if your a wartecher, you probably don't want every tech...that leaves no room for skills. that way, you get the wartechers who only have buffs and debuffs and mostly skills, or those who balance elemental damage and skills, or those with only a few skills and mostly techs.

Azure247
Nov 5, 2006, 11:43 PM
Phew! Good thing for us Fortechers then.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
Still tho, I made a human because I wanted to "max" a character out with them being good at any job I wanted to max each job out and have 1 ultimate character.

If now I am forced to specialize in what techs I have that kills that idea right there and I may as well go make a character for each class and get better classes for it..

like a hucast ranger, a newman force, and a beast hunter. no point in being human now or trying to max a character.

being able to max a guy is what kept alot of us going in PSO when the game should have been dead and boring, we wanted those 100% numbers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-05 21:08 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 6, 2006, 12:12 AM
36 PAs is more than enough. If you can honestly tell me that you'd use every tech, bullet, and skill, I'd still lol in your face. You can only hold 24 techs total, anyway. 6 rods, 4 spells per. That leaves you with a staff for every element, and a little extra pwnage every now and then.

SailorDaravon
Nov 6, 2006, 12:15 AM
On 2006-11-05 21:06, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Still tho, I made a human because I wanted to "max" a character out with them being good at any job I wanted to max each job out and have 1 ultimate character.

If now I am forced to specialize in what techs I have that kills that idea right there and I may as well go make a character for each class and get better classes for it..

like a hucast ranger, a newman force, and a beast hunter. no point in being human now or trying to max a character.

being able to max a guy is what kept alot of us going in PSO when the game should have been dead and boring, we wanted those 100% numbers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-05 21:08 ]</font>

They did it to prevent exactly that. They want to keep the game balanced If people with enough time on their hands could get EVERYTHING, then it destroys game balance.