PDA

View Full Version : Beast Hunters have trouble soloing even level mobs?

Spiral777
Nov 5, 2006, 08:01 PM
Ok, so I have a level 18 Beast Hunter, I just got Ranger to 3, so I switched over to hunter finally. I currently have Busterline armor, and Twin Sabers and can't run though Mad Creatures B by myself anymore, when I had no problems as a Ranger.

It seems like creatures hit me for 2-3 times the damage they did when I was a ranger, and Twin Sabers don't seem to block attacks like twin handguns do. With handguns I could get right in their face, and keep them stunned enough that they couldn't hit me, with twin sabers, I can't even do a 3 hit combo without mobs knocking me flying. I'm getting hit for 50-100 per hit, and I can't keep up with Dimates unless I refill to 20 and go back every block.

What am I doing wrong here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spiral777 on 2006-11-05 17:01 ]</font>

Realmz
Nov 5, 2006, 08:04 PM
i didn't even try to solo B until i was over 20, also guns have an unlimited attack cycle, sabres and melee weapons have a three attack cycle, keep that in mind.

get better at not being hit, lock on and strafe mobs to the sides and back for more free hits and attack just before they stop moving

Cash_Lavi
Nov 5, 2006, 08:05 PM
also rangers have more defense thats probably why.

Yoruichi
Nov 5, 2006, 08:13 PM
At 40 I only solo B and A rank missions with mobs 30-35+ never 40+. If I had atleast 12 weapons all B rank with atleast 4 grinds I think I could manage it.

SpishackCola
Nov 5, 2006, 08:24 PM
You have to play cat and mouse as a hunter with mob around the same level you are. Don't always go for the full 3-hit combo if there are multiple enemies around (or the 3rd hit has a delay after it ala twin sabers). Also, when you get your PA to its second stage at level 11 make sure you know how the enemy reacts during and after the 2nd part. One example: The second spin in the twin dagger PA doesn't stun for that long, and if you're close enough to the enemy they can hit you before you fully recover.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 09:05 PM
Wait till you get nano blast it makes soloing soooooooooooooo much easyier. I'm lvl 27 and I can solo any mission aslong as mobs aren't 5 levels above me.

jarek99
Nov 5, 2006, 09:15 PM
I dont know what you are doing wrong. I solo'd from time to time on way to level 50 as a beast hunter. I never had a problem.

Sorenia
Nov 5, 2006, 09:15 PM
so I switched over to hunter finally.

Hehe not sure if this is it but if it is you'll kick yourself. I was having this problem earlier after I switched. Lo and behold I looked in my items and realized that switching classes had de-equiped my armor leading to me getting pummeled easily.

Elleranda
Nov 5, 2006, 09:21 PM
Well, rangers are generally easier to play as than a hunter since it's much, much easier not to get hit as a ranger. It's hunters in general, not a specific race.

Yoruichi
Nov 5, 2006, 09:44 PM
Its not really a question as of can you solo, anyone could idealy solo, its how long it takes to get it done. I could solo A rank temple, but it would take so long to clear the first batch of monsters I could do 5 B-A rank missions else where where the mob AI is simpler and I can make more profit

Ether
Nov 5, 2006, 09:50 PM
Enemies don't flinch from melee attacks until the third hit of a combo in B rank. You have to either get behind them, or get them to attack at air while you strike from the side

Dr_Lantis
Nov 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
I have the same problem, but it's visa versa; I am primarily a Hunter and I recently switched over to Ranger.

hypersaxon
Nov 5, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-11-05 18:15, Sorenia wrote:

so I switched over to hunter finally.

Hehe not sure if this is it but if it is you'll kick yourself. I was having this problem earlier after I switched. Lo and behold I looked in my items and realized that switching classes had de-equiped my armor leading to me getting pummeled easily.

I'd bet 50 bucks that's his problem right there, Hunters shouldn't be getting hit for more than Rangers do lmao

Lnin0
Nov 6, 2006, 01:01 AM
If you want to see what hard is try going from a hunter to a force at level 18 and soloing the same missions equiped with a couple budget wands, rank 1 spells, melee skills capped at 1 and half the power and health.

Aberu
Nov 6, 2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah I switched classes and I was like damn rangers get hurt for like 5-6 times as much as my hunter. Then I realized switching unequipped my armor. That makes a big difference, try it out.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 6, 2006, 02:37 AM
On 2006-11-05 17:05, Cash_Lavi wrote:
also rangers have more defense thats probably why.

Rangers have more EVP, but switching classes does de equip your armor as everyone else noted above.

I also found out the hard way.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 6, 2006, 02:40 AM
Aside from De Ragan and the officer-type mobs, I can solo Plains Overlord A. The officers take more time, and i've always abandoned before the boss so I don't know how i'd do against him. I know De Ragan A is cake and everybody can do it, but yeah. >.>;

As for Hakura Temple A... fuck that place and all the stress it invokes. I could solo it moderately well but I don't have enough patience to go any farther than the first floor. I said screw it and left.

Take elemental weapons with 20%+ when you solo and your life will be alot easier. By a grand margain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-05 23:44 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Nov 6, 2006, 04:04 AM
grove of fanactics A > your faces

Neith
Nov 6, 2006, 09:59 AM
I noticed this with my Beast HU, at Lv15, I was having trouble soloing Mizuaki, mainly from large Gohmon spawns. Upgraded my weapon once, and it's made a massive difference, I can solo it pretty easily now. I find that PA's that knock enemies into the air work wonders, I do Rising Crush as a Gohmon is about to cast Barta. It gets interrupted, and knocked over, allowing me to kill them a lot easier.

And Haruka Temple is the best area in the game Ive played so far. Robots own, explosions own, and the boss theme owns. It's all good.

Shango
Nov 6, 2006, 10:01 AM
From a Beast Hunter, tips for soloing:

Twin daggers are your friend: more crowd control than most melee weapons and in 360 degrees, excellent aoe damage

Know your elements: Always use opposing elements. I have about 12 pair of 3 star twin daggers that I've crafted, most grinded 3 or 4 times. There's several ice, dark, and ground-based dagger sets, the others I find less use for around level 20 (light, fire, and lightning) Depending on which mission I'm running, I'll stock up accordingly (6 or more pair of daggers of corresponding element(s) for the mission) and go dagger dance them all to death.

Works very well.

ADDED: It should be noted that I have never upgraded my armor. In fact, I downgraded it because I wanted to have a white shield line, so I crafted the first armor board I found. It had 8 less points overall than the starting armor and I'm wearing it into my 20s. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I just didn't want to be green.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shango on 2006-11-06 07:03 ]</font>

Spiral777
Nov 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
I did notice my armor changing, i have lightning armor and noticed a big difference in the colors so I re-equipped it. I played a little more last night, and noticed that I can still solo, but not quite as high a level as I used to with ranger, and I have to run behind rather than just get in their faces.

Shinou
Nov 6, 2006, 11:41 AM
Well no crap your gonna have to run behind the enemy lol. I dont know why you would want to get in its face anyways. Specially if they're higher level than you. Just stick with parties till you get Nanoblast. Then go crazy and kill everything. Also try using different weapons other than Twin sabers.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
Kill things before they can hurt you to much and learn to dodge, thats all hunters can do untill the healing PM

For raffon fields and de ragan etc get some ice and earth weapons, every stinking mob in raffon is either fire or lightning based, a 20% ice weapon will make you do 20% more damage on a fire mob...thats huge...synthing is also easy its not like you have to craft a billion useless items before you can start making the good stuff plus you get the materials whill you fight

Ice + earth also works good in relics

Also, use dual daggers + 1hand knife, they pwn

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 04:30 PM
Also, keep in mind that you lost all of the plusses you had gained as a ranger. Shouldn't make a huge difference, but a noticable one.