PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, are the classes a good thing?

DonRoyale
Nov 5, 2006, 08:11 PM
Seriously, with Hunters, Rangers, and Forces, you have a lot more restrictions on what you're equipping, but practically all the good weapons you can equip are S-Rankable.

Or would you rather have the classes (Fortefighter, Figunner, Wartecher to name a few) and have limited S-Ranks but a widespread equipment choice?

I'd like your opinions on this.

SpishackCola
Nov 5, 2006, 08:13 PM
I love the job system. More classes = win for me.

Para
Nov 5, 2006, 08:20 PM
I think the job system is great. No more need to create a character depending on race AND class. Now you just need to create 4 characters dependant on race generally to get the most out of the game.

SpishackCola
Nov 5, 2006, 08:25 PM
FFT what?!

Kanore
Nov 5, 2006, 08:39 PM
The expert classes seem to add more 'depth' to the game. It's PSU, not PSO.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 08:54 PM
Personaly Class syetems in any game is a dumb Idea, I personaly like the idea that you learnt he skills you want and master your own class. But PSU is't as strict as most games.

AeraLure
Nov 5, 2006, 09:07 PM
I like the job classes myself. I think this aspect of PSU is great as compared to PSO.

Sorenia
Nov 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
Im lost as to what the op is saying? The basic classes can't equip S rank weapons right? On all the lists I've seen the best a basic class can do is B rank.

Also are not hunter/ranger/force classes already? Why not add more to the list? The advanced classes don't seem any more limited in equipment choices.

Genobee
Nov 5, 2006, 09:14 PM
As far as I know none of the hybrids can use S ranks or lvl 30 skills, Only the Forte's can use S ranks and Lvl 30 skills

DizzyDi
Nov 5, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-11-05 18:14, Genobee wrote:
As far as I know none of the hybrids can use S ranks or lvl 30 skills, Only the Forte's can use S ranks and Lvl 30 skills

Every class has S-Rank weapons.
Edit: Except Protranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-11-05 18:18 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 09:31 PM
On 2006-11-05 17:11, SereneShadows wrote:
Seriously, with Hunters, Rangers, and Forces, you have a lot more restrictions on what you're equipping, but practically all the good weapons you can equip are S-Rankable.Orly?

Base classes max out at B-Rank.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 5, 2006, 10:35 PM
I think the class system in this game is pretty awesome, though I'm gonna find it a pain in the arse to level up Shiro Ryuu's ranger class just so I can use s rank Twin Sabers, ugh.

Candor
Nov 5, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm liking it, adds depth and variety between players. Now people won't all have the same weapon (unless it's some ultimate saber). And you arn't limited to one class with the hybrids.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 5, 2006, 10:50 PM
If you are talking about figunner, its a sinch, geting 3 ranger is freaking easy

Kerik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:11 PM
Personally I enjoy it. I always did enjoy games that allowed me to be anything I felt like being at that time.

Besides, it gives me something to focus on with the classes. I personally think it's more of a "well, I'm max level, so lets go do..." rather then farm for some ultimate uber weapon like PSO was.

"Well, I'm level 200. ...what now?"

SonicTMP
Nov 5, 2006, 11:16 PM
having it explained to me by an importer still playing helps alot. Basically the classes are all balanced around what they are meant to do. Take a fortefighter, your meant to have high atp, the big hard hitting weapons and some good defence to suck it. Now give a doublesaber or twin daggers to them and you get major overpower.

Likewise the fighgunner doesn't have as much atp but has more ata and higher HP and acces tot he light melee weapons mentioned above. Your meant to go in and hit with every hit and get the heck out or use the mulithitting to stunlock stuff.

If they stick with the generic hu/ra/fo you'd have story mode super characters and that be overpowered.