PDA

View Full Version : How to backup you downloaded Patch files! (How to inside)

xenokai
Nov 5, 2006, 08:47 PM
I tested this today on my uncles pc. Backing up patches really help for people on slow dial up that cannot get dsl like me (instead of going to my friends house everytime) or for peopel that just dont wanna download them again......

Ok so you got that 160 megs in patches download? All ya do now is back them up to a dvd and cd or (other device that will hold alot of space)

(Note:)If you dont use the winrar program like i said and just burn the file folder to CD it will not let you copy them off the cd later.

1. Get 1 DVD-R and 1 CD-R.

2. Get the winrar program. and install.

3. Make a (2) new folder on ur desktop called Disk1 and Disk2.

4. Goto the SEGA folder in the program files of your pc and goto DATA and arrang by size.

5. Copy (NOT Cut)all the files in this folder except the the file that 518,176 in size.

6. Paste them into the new folder called Disk1 that you created on ur desktop.

7. Go back and COPY the 518,176 sized file and paste it in the created Disk2 folder you made.

8. Now make 2 new winrar archive's on ur destktop called disk1 and disk2 by right clicking ur destop and goining to new>winrar archive.

9. Now drag the disk 1 folder to the disk 1 archive and let it winrar them. When its done do the same with the disk 2 folder and archive.

10. Once thats done just burn each Archeived folder 2 a dvd/cd or both. Disk 1 will fit on a DVDr 4.7gig disk and Disk 2 will fit on a normal CDR

11. To use the files later when u need them. Just install PSU and get the small NGaurd update.

12. Then Unrar them to your pc and put all the files into 1 folder and select them all and paste them into the DATA folder in the SEGA programs file folder. (it will ask to overwrite just push yes to all. And now it patched.

NOTE: There is 1 small 2 meg patch no matter what you do when you first patch psu, dont worry thats the only patch it will need to download and its alot better then downloading 160 megs on dial up.

Hope you all get use out of my little guide.

LobsterHime
Nov 6, 2006, 03:57 AM
uh...
thats copying the entire game data, not just the patch. while it is a working method, i suggest sorting the files by modified and select only the files that have been modified recently. it appears that, till now, no new files are downoaded when updating. old files are modified or appended to, and should be much "younger" than all the other files.
i cant really verify this because im still playing story mode and wont start online until i finish. however, some of my friends have told that my un-updated game has the same number of files as their updated versions (1,733 files).

Jiga
Nov 6, 2006, 09:52 AM
Grats on finding a way to bypass the 160 meg patch.

xenokai
Nov 6, 2006, 01:04 PM
i think i tryed that lobster but i dont think i could find the patched files. so i found it faster to copy it all xD

AquaFlare7
Nov 6, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-11-06 10:04, xenokai wrote:
i think i tryed that lobster but i dont think i could find the patched files. so i found it faster to copy it all xD

I did that and used NSIS to make a new installer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif