PDA

View Full Version : Can just kill an enemy and get a rare?

Tizzakowack
Nov 5, 2006, 11:30 PM
so i got a question. the main reason i liked PSO was for rare hunting. are all the rares u can get in PSU only S rank rares and u can only get them from beating a trial in a certain amount of time... is there a way u can just kill an enemy and get a rare from him randomly?
- -
Mod edit: clarify title.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-05 21:24 ]</font>

Kerik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:33 PM
Yes, actually. You can.

S Rank just tends to be a special bonus IMHO (items, meseta, mission points)

I don't know the specifics just yet. I'm just waiting to get to 50 with my Force before I start testing.

Itsuki
Nov 5, 2006, 11:36 PM
The halloween rappies I believe just dropped a rare rod.

Other than that, most have to be synthed, thats not necessarily saying they're all s-rank. S-rank is a relative level of power. There are "rares" that are 3 star, there are "rares" that are 10 star. It all depends.

Tizzakowack
Nov 5, 2006, 11:37 PM
when do u start finding rares then?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:43 PM
You're clearly talking about story/extra mode, which is not comparable to network mode, so ignore all the responses so far.

The offline modes are intended to be a sort of caek-walk difficulty compared to online; I know of several enemies that drop "rares" (e.g. Tengohg Bow). These things would probably need to be synthed online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-11-05 20:43 ]</font>

Tizzakowack
Nov 5, 2006, 11:46 PM
so there is a chance that you can get a rare from every enemy?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 5, 2006, 11:53 PM
Not every enemy, but some of them, far as I can tell.

Tizzakowack
Nov 5, 2006, 11:59 PM
so pretty much this game is useless offline cuz it seems like that to me?

klunka
Nov 6, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-11-05 20:46, Tizzakowack wrote:
so there is a chance that you can get a rare from every enemy?

Yes, every enemy has a chance to drop a rare.

Xbob
Nov 6, 2006, 01:02 AM
It's just like PSO, each enemy has a loot table it can drop, everything in that loot table has a different drop percentage. PSU has been adjusted though, at least so far, that it's not as rare-happy as PSO, and you're meant to really appreciate your rares a lot more. Later on, enemies will indeed drop S-Ranks, but that is a ways off. Synthing of course also will have plenty of these, but you'd have to find the synth board from an enemy, right? Same thing.

aquafire
Nov 6, 2006, 01:34 AM
Hahaha, Tizzakowack I've been thinking the same thing about rares, since I'm stuck with offline only.

I'm starting to think once you reach 200 hours they'll finally start dropping rares. jk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aquafire on 2006-11-05 22:36 ]</font>