PDA

View Full Version : What are the "Hot Sellers" in shops now?

Carnage781
Nov 6, 2006, 12:35 AM
What do ppl usually search for?

_dd_
Nov 6, 2006, 12:41 AM
Definately not Marseline.

What is up with the retards selling Marseline for 1600+ ?

Do they even know that it only costs 1200 in stores? I seriously think some shop owners need to look at the prices, especially when their shop says "50% off!" and you go in to see Marseline priced at 150%..

Carnage781
Nov 6, 2006, 12:46 AM
yea lol

PlainShane
Nov 6, 2006, 12:46 AM
I actually need a lot of marseline speral and neu wood..

ProfessorZ
Nov 6, 2006, 01:01 AM
THe cheapest you can find marseline are in stores lol

Zakuro
Nov 6, 2006, 01:28 AM
I would guess weapons and expensive synth materials would be a big seller. Ofcourse with so many player shops overpricing things that can be bought in stores it may have caused some people to not look for those types of things as much. It seems way too common to see things overpriced, often more than double the regular store price.

Fatal-Killer
Nov 6, 2006, 01:38 AM
hmmm my guess on this matter would be the 2 A ranked weapons that have been out by now the crea saber and the twin crea saber i have boards for both but cant make it yet unfortunately but some people sell it for a ridiculous amount of 99999999 meseta or something like that other than that synthesis items

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fatal-Killer on 2006-11-05 22:42 ]</font>

Saigan
Nov 6, 2006, 10:33 AM
Actually my high end materials NEVER sell. I sell out of Ash damn quick though (100 meseta each) and the cheaper stuff always goes quick. I can't keep 1-3 star materials in stock. I have to do farming runs twice a day to keep my shop in good shape.

Ryoga4523
Nov 6, 2006, 10:37 AM
I have been saying this for awhile... "people are retarded and have no clue on how to runa stable economy." when a player can go get items from an NPC, cheaper than the so called good prices in player ran shops, one of two things will happen. A) ppl will just end up going to shops and the idiots who over price their items will be forced to lower them to to the NPC prices at least. B) Players will realize how stupid other ppl can be, and open up their own shop and make a killing because they know what to put the prices at for the items to sell.

Krltplps
Nov 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
I list all my crafting materials at 20% under shop prices.

Because of that I sell out pretty darn fast most of the time. Nanocarbon is something that usually sells out within 10 min of me putting it up for 2k.

Phreaker
Nov 6, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-11-05 22:38, Fatal-Killer wrote:
hmmm my guess on this matter would be the 2 A ranked weapons that have been out by now the crea saber and the twin crea saber

I found a 3rd yesterday, the Creazashi (7* dagger) board.

As for good selling items. Last night my shop was clear out of Nanosilca, Nanocarbon, Nue Ash, Ortasilican, Ortacarbon, etc. The synth items sell very well as long as you are priced lower than NPC shops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dusk21
Nov 6, 2006, 11:47 AM
The one that gets me the most is when people actually do have good prices on almost everything, and then you look at the marseline and its 1700m anyways....who do you think you're pulling a fast one on? I don't think you'll find too many if any at all dumb enough to buy at those prices. Maybe its just because I've been playing from day 1 but I know or can estimate well the shop prices of mats, its horribly easy to tell overpriced ones from well priced ones. Its aggrivating though, as I've not even once found a shop that sold anything other than 1700 mars, and since I don't really wanna pay 1200 either I end up having to farm (and with my race/class combo's pitiful luck thus far it takes longer than it should).

Ok I'm done ranting, I feel better

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 11:49 AM
I have had great results with Soldonium in the past I put some more up in a LARGE chuck this morning, but not sure how fast it is going today. Anybody wanna check for me??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shop: Keldog

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 6, 2006, 11:55 AM
I really dont get how people farm 99 soldonuims a day =/

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 12:06 PM
I don't put them up every day. Do I have 99?

Elleranda
Nov 6, 2006, 12:11 PM
I sell all things at 50% price, regardless of what it is. (unless it's not sold in shops, in which case I have to guess the price)

Because of this, I'm rolling in meseta! Thanks overpricing assholes!

Percival
Nov 6, 2006, 01:09 PM
I wish we could have some Favorite/Blacklist features when searching shops. Some sellers are either full of themselve or clueless. Other are a joy to do business with.

ZeroG
Nov 6, 2006, 02:10 PM
I seem to be seeling a lot of Par/Neu Ash right now myself. Just price it at 50% or less. That's how it works for me.

kammera
Nov 6, 2006, 03:21 PM
Going to agree with Elleranda. I did a lot of searching for materials and found out how frustrating it was trying to find materials and seeing them all 300-4000 more than the npc price so when I opened my store I put all my items at least 25% under the npc price. Thanks to that I enjoyed coming home to 20-50k waiting in storage and was able to buy and upgrade 3 Hajirods+4, 2 Cane+4, craft my own Ageha armor, get a haircut, some new clothes, and start feeding my mag. Thanks over pricers have fun selling that speral for 1000 lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kammera on 2006-11-06 12:22 ]</font>

Evolution
Nov 6, 2006, 04:20 PM
PlainShane, you trying to make Hajirod too? Cause those are the ingredients needed to make one, I actually tried making one earlier but it failed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

I agree with what a lot of you guys are saying though, the shops are rediculous.. a lot of times I end up buying from NPC because the player shops are so expensive.. I was thinking of opening a shop and selling cheap items but at the moment I'm only level 20 and don't have much for sale, when I do build up a collection I'll start up a shop and definatly try to sell items cheap, definatly cheaper than NPC stores.

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolution: Opening a shop early has it's advantages. I though I would be better off having a stocked-up shop, but only a few select items sell really well and people will come just for those. Plus, I was starting to max out storage on somethings so it is better to sell them to players than the npc shops or just skipping over them

KiteWolfwood
Nov 6, 2006, 05:52 PM
Hot berry and Sweet berry. I hate having to go through all these shops with people trying to sell them for 50+ when they sell for 50 meseta in the stores. Only 375 fruit juices to go woot.

Randomness
Nov 6, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-11-06 07:33, Saigan wrote:
Actually my high end materials NEVER sell. I sell out of Ash damn quick though (100 meseta each) and the cheaper stuff always goes quick. I can't keep 1-3 star materials in stock. I have to do farming runs twice a day to keep my shop in good shape.

100 meseta per Ash? Please say you're PC/PS2. And give me something to find you by...

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 06:32 PM
You're selling out on Ash because you're selling it for less than it costs for someone to synth it from raw materials (and at 100, it's 1/10th the vendor price!) For Par Ash, which everyone has because of how often people do Parum Runs, this makes sense.

For Neu Ash and Ebon, you probably want to charge a bit more. But not before I buy out your current stock and resell it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hucast21
Nov 6, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-11-06 08:55, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

They don't farm, they synth it.

pso123hrf
Nov 6, 2006, 07:15 PM
I have a pretty decent shop (on my force). Im currently working on elemental weapons (I made 2000 meseta in like 10 minutes!)

*cough* anywho, any suggestions on what else people/I should sell?

Q_Anon
Nov 6, 2006, 07:34 PM
I run out of Dianaline, Soldonium, Ash and Megi-photons really fast. I think its becuase those are used in the majority of the higher and middle end synthing at this point. Plus, who doesn't love a good purple weapon?

LosGrak
Nov 6, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-11-06 15:36, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-06 08:55, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

They don't farm, they synth it.

Wait, how do you synth Soldonium? What board is that?

Q_Anon
Nov 6, 2006, 09:02 PM
Wait, how do you synth Soldonium? What board is that?

There are boards you can buy that take say a 3* Metal and turn it into a 4* metal and so on. You can buy them on the Colony.

excal
Nov 6, 2006, 09:02 PM
I do =P

It gets tiring.

HC82
Nov 6, 2006, 10:54 PM
Why are items overpriced? It generates more search toward your store when you have highly desireable items listed. The sellers dont want to sell the item, but list it just so you browse. Yeah, it's a cheap way to get someone to browse your store.

No one in there right mind who has a good synth mag will sell Marselines cheaper then the store when they can make a 18k weapon from it that's currently not buyable from the stores. EVERYONE searches for Marselines and Nanocarbons for cheaper then the store because EVERYONE needs them to synth the same crap. Those are some of the highest searched items and also drop less frequently then woods. People put things like that up for display without the intention of selling it, because it generates more traffic to their store.

I sold a nanocarbon for the EXACT same price as it goes for in the store and will you believe that someone actually bought it?

Once people gain more levels, newer content is released and better items are desired, you'll see a price drop in those items because their multi-classed demand will drop. You'll wind up seeing higher end synth items being overpriced and marseline dropping in price. Tis' the nature of the beast.

SonicTMP
Nov 6, 2006, 10:57 PM
psu needs an auction house...

waluigi1
Nov 6, 2006, 11:00 PM
I always sell everything for 50% off! You can ask my friends! And I'm a FO so I'm always selling all my mates and just about any other healing item. Check it out! The name's Nekobe.

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
Ive found that the hot sellers are Hajirods. I've made well over 200k just making and selling those. You can solo farm Neu Ash (or Neu Wood) from the C Rank first mission in Neudaiz (forgot name) and you can farm RIDICULOUS amounts of Speral from the A rank Robot lvl in Neudaiz as well... btw... Hajirods +1 are on sale at my shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif 21.5k search for Jayle =D

Reeve
Nov 6, 2006, 11:24 PM
the market for melee weapons seems really dead atm shame as i just started making them now i pretty much finished with my pure striking mag
hopefully i will heat up again when new boards get released

Skyly
Nov 6, 2006, 11:26 PM
I make 4* weapons and they do not sell for some reason. And all my weapons are reasonably priced. Buying weapons from player shops has declined dramatically, IMO. The only things that do actually sale are synthesis items.

keylo
Nov 7, 2006, 09:04 PM
marselines for 600 in my shop :3im trying to stay on the cheap side, since i always love shops that sell stuff for cheap.

and its not like the vendor is gonna buy them for anything at all.

Randomness
Nov 7, 2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, only the higher star stuff seems to sell well now. Wheres a good place to farm Im-Photons? I'm desperately in need of them. That, and some Par Ash.

necman
Nov 7, 2006, 09:55 PM
They might have big parties searching for the stuff. Or someone found a glitch to find as much as they want. Anyone know if you can sell stuff to a player owned store. It probably sounds like a stupid question but I can not buy the game in my area yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: necman on 2006-11-07 19:08 ]</font>