PDA

View Full Version : Class Types, tell me if I'm crazy for thinking this up?

DarkSeph
Nov 6, 2006, 12:55 AM
I'm a little confused....which sucks!

What affects your stat attributes when you level up. The character type you chose? or the Class type your in? Or both?

I really need to know because it will affect my path toward an advanced Class, like Wartecher or Fortetecher.

Thank You in advance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OH, and the crazy thing I was thinking was if one class helped say increase your Hit Points better than the other 2, like being a Hunter, and then you could switch to Force and benefit from those high Hit Points....but will it stay that way? That is my confusion.

RoninJoku
Nov 6, 2006, 12:58 AM
Just your race effects your level up stats reallly... If you are to change your class at any time, all your stats are recalculated to correspond to the class you change to and it's class level. So no worries about only leveling up as Hu/Fo/Ra.

DarkSeph
Nov 6, 2006, 01:03 AM
Thank You RoninJoku http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Flunky
Nov 6, 2006, 01:07 AM
It's a two-layer system kinda- I think it was Parn who explained it as 'your class is like your shirt'.

You've got base stats for your race, which increase with your level. You generally won't know exactly what these are beyond comparitives, as you'll always have a certain class. Each class will give stats based on both the character's level and the class's level- so a level 10 cast with (3) hunter will have different stats than a level 10 cast with (2) hunter will have different stats than a level 12 cast with (3) hunter, etc.

It's important to note that a character who hits (5) hunter at level 1 and then levels to 10 will have the same stats as a same-race character who levels to 10 at (1) hunter and then reaches (5) hunter. In other words, order of level increase does not affect the end result.

ProfessorZ
Nov 6, 2006, 01:10 AM
I think your class also has an effect because being a human ranger I get ATA +5 but when I was a hunter I only got +1 ATA

Flunky
Nov 6, 2006, 01:12 AM
Those bonuses listed when leveling up are actually including class bonuses- that ATA +5 will change if you then switch your class to hunter.

Pengfishh
Nov 6, 2006, 01:17 AM
"Yes, Type Level is like a shirt, see. Underneath you're natural, but then you've got that little extra layer. "

My type is Fortesimile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pengfishh on 2006-11-05 22:29 ]</font>