PDA

View Full Version : Argueing, But Not Argueing For The Reason Of The Debate

Kuea
Nov 6, 2006, 12:58 AM
well I've been having a problem with this lately >_> and no it's not other people doign the argueing for small thing, it's me.

now I shall give an example right here, say there is a box of radish stuffed doughnuts, and in this box there is 6 of them. now if there was me, and a second person, and it was said we woulod share the box 50/50, and the other person eats 4, leaving me with two. Now we said they would be shared 50/50 so we would each get three, so I would start argueing the fact that it wasn't shared evenly, now nomrally people would do this because they cared if they got it evenly or whatever, but me, no. I will not care that i didn't get an even share, I will only argue abotu it, because it was said it would be even.

now replace me with some other random person, and this new person only gets 2 out of the 6, if I was nearby, I would probably STILL argue the fact that it was said to be shared evenly and wasn't >.>

now, I do this alot. I argue a fact without caring about what it truely is about. and in fact, I tell ALOT of people this. and lately, I've been getting into this type of situation with people, and even though they know, they eitehr don't care, or don't remember, since they still get uber pissed and end up walkign away swearing or what not because they think I truely care.

well you idiots, I don't truely care, stop thinking I do, I've told you fuckers this that, and I don't bloody care if you idiots forget or what.

I can't help argueing about stupid stuff like that, it's just somethign I automatically do, you don't like it, don't bother to respond to it, don't argue because of your need to always be right. don't just try to twist things around, use my words in differant meanings or say I talk nonsense and am completly stupid.

if you are gonna debate with me, do it without insults, do it without getting pissed, do it without sayign I'm fuckign stupid in about 10 differant ways.

hey look, I make my usual type of typo or spellign error like I always do, QUICK! USE IT AGAINST ME! >_>

if you are gonna argue/debate/talk or whatever with me, don't be an asshat. so I suck at english and usually have a bit of difficulty sayign what I'm trying to say properly, maybe you should make sure of what I am trying to mean, instead of tellign me what I mean. What I say and what you think it means can be differant you know. Not everything goes by what you think it is you know, if something is "car" in another language and means mountain, well gee, that mountain must be a vehicle you can drive around in doesn't it? :/

but yeah, I started with the argueign small debate thing, then I moved into my whole annoyances with argueing in general >_> so here, two related rants for you guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif either way I've forgotten most else I was gonna write about... but yeah, all you idiots who I argue with online and offline, shut up! n.n I'm tired of you guys always having to be right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 6, 2006, 02:02 AM
After Scrub, you, and I beat the Robot boss, I walked over the box item units that were there.

Saw two, thought I got one, but in fact you picked up both before I had a chance- then you explained its stats/what it did.

I didn't say anything then, but am saying it now since it sort of relates (Kuea's rant is not about me or this incident by the way people reading too far into things) and I just went on about playing the game. I'll buy/find my own later and can't even use them right now.

Its not a big deal and there's no held grudge, since its such a small thing.

Don't let small things roll into big things and either let things go, or solve the argument by giving ground to the person who is making the argument and understanding why they have the problem they're upset about.

You win some, you lose some.

Sidenote, if the rants are about people around here, maybe you should vent in another location to avoid conflict with publicizing problems.

Edited for clarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-11-06 00:31 ]</font>

Kuea
Nov 6, 2006, 03:11 AM
huh... I grabbed stuff in that mission? I can't even remember... >.> what were the items, and you could have just asked for them o.o;;;;; ( and I'll use the excuse that I'm used to playing with scrub and ab and it's always a mad rush for items! )

but yeah, I don't see how the item thing is relevant, in the case of the items, I wouldn't care at all about the items, but still ask about it, then go into talkign about it, argueing if the other person ends up doing so. most often then not it doesn't end up into an arguement, but when there are people who think I care about the items, they'd get pissed and then start argueing, and after a bit, I'd point out the fact I didn't care, then they'd get more pissed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but I can't really solve the arguement by giving ground like that, since the arguement basically comes from me asking about something, then them getting a little pissy about it and keep on going on about it

it's a bad habit I know, but I've told alot of peeople about this, and alot of them just answer, they don't get all pissy and defensive :>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 6, 2006, 03:21 AM
It was just an example of a small thing that shouldn't have to turn into a big thing.

Use that however you can with what you know are small things that have turned into big things the next time you have a similar situation.

Kuea
Nov 9, 2006, 03:35 AM
bleh, well after talkign to someone I sorta found a way to better explain this

in the case of donut thing, I would ask because it would bug me, and then at that point, the person I'm talkign to, would think I care about the donuts, so they start going on at me about that, even though it's only some small fact that bugs me that I've asked about or what not

normally I would ask about it, person would talk, and there things would be done. but more often now, people don't talk, they think I'm mad or whatever about it, so they get defensive, and that's where the whole argument starts.

I really, and I mean REALLY suck at trying to say or describe what I mean, and because I can never do it, I now have had many people talk to me and basically tell me that I need to not go around causing arguements. in other words I ask abotu somethign for the sake of argueing, no I don't, I ask because it bugs me and I always ask about small things.

it is usually the othe rperson who gets offensive and starts argueing, and me never being able to say what I really mean, usually can't do much. so I go with it from there to the end or whenever the other person decides to stop attackign me <_<

lately everyone seems to be going at me for argueing too much, when the last time I argued with someone, was a few days ago at which they haven't talked to me since :/