PDA

View Full Version : PSU PC: Online Mode Lag?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 01:03 AM
I hear there are alot of problems with the PC version of the game, I am happy to say I am one of the people with 0 problems. Game runs great in a very high frame rate, loads fast and error free.

I got it like last week and just beat offline mode today, so decided to go online and play for the first time.

And what the hell? There is a very distictive "lag" in everything characters dont just move fluidly they "hop" around (not very very badly like when your having lag spikes but like the server is updating them every 1/2 second instead of constantly) and when you hit/kill an enemy its not nearly instant like offline there is a delay.

I hit a guy with a saber skill and like 1 second after the final hit all the enemies go flying into the air....

Is it like this for everybody or am I having issues?

My internet connection is TOP NOTCH its fiber optic 15mb/s down 2mb/s up I always have one of the lowest pings in any game I play. So I know I have good latency and good bandwidth so I know its not an issue on my side.

I need to restart my computer since I dont think I have done that since I installed the game, thats my only thought. Other than that please tell me this is a temporary issue with the servers and this is not how the game will play online... all the other games did just fine... Heck even back in v1 and v2 days on dreamcast playing on dial-up with a free hacked isp it played just fine.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 01:24 AM
sombody has the pc version right? its gotta be easy to answer.

Eviltaru
Nov 6, 2006, 01:35 AM
you might try to drop the frame rate to test it out online ... mine works perfectly at high setting, lag free issue on dsl, the only lag I get is when 10+ people start to mass "cut in chat" during primetime, also when there's like 5 Force in pt mass nuking but overall is very minimal lag though lol ... still see every character running slashing etc etc .

try to test variation of settings while playing online that's the only option to test things out ....

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 6, 2006, 01:39 AM
The issue here is people don't have an as awsome computer as you do so say if i start lagging, it shows exactly what it shows on my screen on yours. Once in a while i get lag spikes online, well lets say im in middle of an attack, because of lag my attack wont finish till i stop lagging :/

FantasyJoy
Dec 2, 2006, 11:55 AM
This seems to be mainly an EU issue. I have it too and it's not that other people lag or internet connection. It seems PSU has some kind of design that takes long enough for EU players to have lag. I don't know if every single person living in the EU has this problem.

Very annoying indeed, but I got used to it after a week of playing. Still it would be great if it gets fixed.

Choja
Dec 2, 2006, 11:59 AM
It's most likely for everybody. I'm on the US version and I have it too.
I mainly got used to it anyways. Still, I wonder if Digas can stop flying over things because of lag movement of monsters. >_>