PDA

View Full Version : Single Sabers Vs. Twin/Dual Sabers.

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 02:02 AM
See, I am a level 16 HUcast, and I have always used a saber. I have a Pallasch in one hand, and a ....Something handgun in the other. It's very convenient. Tag all the enemies with my gun, then go in and Rising Strike them to death.

My PSU buddy said I should try out Twin Sabers. So I bought Dual Pallasch's. They seem...very dumbed down. Is it just me? They are weaker, but they have more hits. But because they have more hits, you can miss more often than a standard 3 hit combo.

Bottom line, will I get used to them, will I have to level up Rising Crush a lot before I get the full potential out of them, or should I just continue using my Single handed Saber?

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 6, 2006, 02:08 AM
Single saber will hit harder cause its a single weapon, the twin sabers will hit less but more often. by hitting more you interupt the monster from hitting you also. try all the weapons out. try out Spear, personally i think its best and i have knuckles spear twin dagger, saber, twin saber, and saber all lvled up somewhat.

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 02:11 AM
So costly. I guess that's what Extra mode is for, huh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 6, 2006, 02:12 AM
Saber can hit two guys into the air and then send them packing.
Twin Sabers can hit... god I lost count. I just swiveled my analog stick in a circle and hit all the Hydralisks that surrounded me in that De Ragan A run the other day. All you could hear was squeals, and all you could see was zergllings flying around the room.

Saber + Handgun are more useful when you aren't surrounded by officer-type mobs.

Twin Saber is more useful for getting Dynasty Warrior parody video clips and just having fun. This also saved my ass from 4x Officer Vahras. lol 250+ x 4 wouldn't kill me, but i'd be borderline yellow/red HP. >.>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 6, 2006, 02:35 AM
Everyone has preference in weapons type. I have a friend that just loves the Sword and wont use anything else. I just hate it to death. But yeah just get something that feels good to you.

Deprimenthia
Nov 6, 2006, 02:41 AM
Haha. Thanks for the input. To Extra mode I go! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 04:08 AM
I hate the sword also... way too slow.

it was good in PSO (esp with a god/battle) but in PSU i hate it...

The spear replaced the sword for me, can still hit lots of guys just in a diffrent way and the skill's for it kick major butt... once its lvl 21 with the 3x chain its attack --> attack --> Skill 1 wich is 2 hits --> skill 2 wich is like 4 hits --> skill 3 wich is 3 or 4 more hits all in a matter of secconds for MASSIVE damage and while hitting multiple mobs inlcuding those around you with the 3rd skill.

Owned the first ruins boss in 15 seconds with that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I just got the 2nd skill for the spear wich is identical to the sword skill where you swing it around to hit all the guys around you. So weak compared to the combo above but would be good for online to tag enemies for xp...

Thats where the change comes in tho. I just beat offline mode and used a spear/saber/double saber the whole way. Online the guys with swords are getting way more xp than me with its wide sweep and the skill it has even if they are not as efficant as me and it swings slow... when you have 6 guys swinging its diffrent than offline mode... so I may have to get a sword if I see my xp falling behind.

Im also thinking about being a force since thats the most challenging class and most unique.

Rosaria
Nov 6, 2006, 04:43 AM
if you're in a group, it's way better if you don't use the saber PA that much. But for solo it's great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Polenicus
Nov 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
On 2006-11-05 23:12, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Saber can hit two guys into the air and then send them packing.
Twin Sabers can hit... god I lost count. I just swiveled my analog stick in a circle and hit all the Hydralisks that surrounded me in that De Ragan A run the other day. All you could hear was squeals, and all you could see was zergllings flying around the room.

Saber + Handgun are more useful when you aren't surrounded by officer-type mobs.

Twin Saber is more useful for getting Dynasty Warrior parody video clips and just having fun. This also saved my ass from 4x Officer Vahras. lol 250+ x 4 wouldn't kill me, but i'd be borderline yellow/red HP. >.>

Yeah, twin sabers can get very stupid very fast. In one Sleeping Warrior's run, there was me and one other person with twin sabers and the level 2 combo PA. We would wade in, and start spamming, and ALL the mobs would go airborne. Some guy in the back with a shotgun was unloading the whole time, and about half the mobs simply never landed.

... Yeah, the other 3 party members weren't impressed, since they never got a tag on any of 'em http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Twin sabers are GREAT crowd control with the 2nd level PA, but they're not so good when the mobs aren't bunched up.

They rip the hell outta bosses with multiple target points though.

Collar
Nov 6, 2006, 09:29 AM
"Saber + gun-type weapon with PA = Devil May Cry pwnage.

Twin Sabers + pallete swap to a gun-type weapon and some quick FPS targeting work = Devil May Cry pwnage on multiple targets.

Imo, Twin > Single.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-11-06 06:29 ]</font>

Realmz
Nov 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
twin sabers hit about six times or something right?
i just got a twin buster (three star twin saber) hitting for 72 damage on mobs while my single three star saber hits for 109 avg damage.

with just those numbers my twin sabres will do more damage over all, but the single saber will do more per hit, both PA's are good for crowd control (with rising strike being a little more so solo when you use the second chain)

just pick one

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 10:27 AM
The best thing about twin sabers is the support their pa gives. They are one of the less damaging weapons, but being able to knock loads and loads of monsters on the ground lowers the damage you and your party takes by a lot. Single saber should be used mostly in supplement to a gun. By this I mean using the gun to inflict status effect, shock is the most useful in most cases as most enemies use physical attacks and this stops them from attacking, and then melee attacking. This however is more of a ranger/figunner type setup than hunter. Well, they both kinda are to tell you the truth but they're no reason to just stick to the beaten paths.

Natrokos
Nov 6, 2006, 10:28 AM
I love the twin weapons....Twin saber/claw/dagger....I love rifles and bows too. I hate swords and sabers.....I also hate spears (I just don't like them okay?)

My friend is like you. He loves the single weapons...But won't touch doubles.....He also likes spear and hates swords.

I love how this game has different playing styles, I was afraid everyone would be using twin sabers or spear.... if everyone picked the same weapon it would be so boring!

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
I would also like to add if you aren't doing an area that you are quite overleveled for then you shouldn't need to use a handgun to tag anything as you should be hitting each enemy at least once through normal fighting anyways.