PDA

View Full Version : Moatoob supposed to open thursday?

Hexadecimal
Nov 6, 2006, 02:46 AM
Fact or Fiction? I heard it was. But for some reason it almost seems too early...

A2K
Nov 6, 2006, 02:52 AM
Nothing has been said either way.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 6, 2006, 03:18 AM
wasnt japans first update 1 month from release? also don't we have the same update timeline?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 6, 2006, 03:22 AM
I don't see them keeping to that timeline for very long. The NAs whine more and louder in half an hour than tha japanese do in an entire month.

...what? Well it's true. >.>

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 03:27 AM
Im just hoping we dont have to wait for euro to get it before we get our 1 month waiting time for an update. To many people will have quit and canceld there subscriptions by then -_-.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 6, 2006, 03:31 AM
It is all these lil kiddies that are whining. Back in the day we didn't have nearly as much crap as kids today have. Spoiled they are I tell ya.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 6, 2006, 03:33 AM
Personally I want quests for the current zones before we get the new planet. Why? How long will it take for you guys to get bored of that one without any quests to go with it? A week? Two weeks?

Trilom
Nov 6, 2006, 04:29 AM
On 2006-11-06 00:31, KiteWolfwood wrote:
It is all these lil kiddies that are whining. Back in the day we didn't have nearly as much crap as kids today have. Spoiled they are I tell ya.

Agreed!

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2006, 04:50 AM
Seriously, wtf is with all the whining and bitching?
PSU has only been out for 12 f**infg days. did FFIX have a big content update after 12 F***King days? PSO DC v1 certainly did not as far as I can remember!

PSO v1 on DC had only Forest to Ruins (but only if you beat those areas offline), practicly NO extremely *rare* special weapon drops, maybe like only a couple online quests (where there any at all on the DC PSO v1?).
And it took over a month or so to get any new quests.

To many are expecting way to much and demanding to much and are far too impatient.

Instead of playing PSU 6 hrs + a day 7 days a week, i think it would be better to play something else for awhile.

Like maybe play Storymode? or Maybe play OKAMI or Tales of the Abyss? HACK GU? Take a short break from PSU and come back to it later. It's that simple!

Ether
Nov 6, 2006, 04:58 AM
On 2006-11-06 01:50, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
did FFIX have a big content update after 12 F***King days?

FFXI launched in America with all the updates of the Japanese version, including the first expansion pack

Ms_Sumiko
Nov 6, 2006, 05:03 AM
I wouldn't hold your breathe for this update.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2006, 05:19 AM
NA uber "leet" kiddies from FF XI are spoiled IMO.

GC PSO ep 1&2 didn't have a updates 12 days after release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-11-06 02:25 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 05:23 AM
PSU has only been out for 12 f**infg days. did FFIX have a big content update after 12 F***King days? PSO DC v1 certainly did not as far as I can remember!

PSO v1 on DC had only Forest to Ruins (but only if you beat those areas offline), practicly NO extremely *rare* special weapon drops, maybe like only a couple online quests (where there any at all on the DC PSO v1?).

To many are expecting way to much and demanding to much and are far too impatient.

Instead of playing PSU 6 hrs + a day 7 days a week, i think it would be better to play something else for awhile.

Like maybe play Storymode? or Maybe play OKAMI or Tales of the Abyss? HACK GU? Take a short break from PSU and come back to it later. It's that simple!

The problem is, this is the year 2006. When did pso come out? Back then ofcourse it wasnt normally for a game to have lots of content when it came out. But then youve had games like wow come out, everquest, and the countless other mmos that are p2p, they ALL had at the start LOTS of content to play on. Even RUNESCAPE, has more quest then this, it too is an mmo, maybe a shitty one, but none the less thousands of people play that game still lol. The problem is that this is en entirely new generation of gaming, ST has been working on PSU for how many years now? EXACTLY, everyone let the fact that the graphics on the game have had NO improvement since its DC version. If you release whats supposed to be a next gen mmo on any platform, you have to at least meet SOME requirements of next gen games. What have you seen in this game that is next gen, that COULDNT have been added to the original pso?

SEGA put ALOT of hype behind this game, ALOT, befor the release I could have sworn it was on almost every game site front, almost every magazine, the game was hyped up alot, and then finally when it comes out, its like "OH, SEGA just busted a "Brute Force"",
For those that dont know, brute force was an old xbox game that had more hype behind it then a Mike Tyson ppv fight, and then came out and was HORRIBLE.

PSU isnt horrible, it is a fun game, its only been out 2 weeks, yeah, its only been out 2 weeks, but at the same time you have to ask yourself, should a mmo that had so much hype behind it have its players wanting more content only after 2 weeks of it being out? Im sure if the game wasn't as similar to pso most wouldnt be complaining. Small things could have made this game stand out and make grinding less boring, such as rag doll physics, MORE waves of enemies in each section, (It shouldnt take 10-15 minutes to finish an A run Dragon with 4 people...)

I would have liked to have seen the actual levels adapt to what levels of players are on the team, like monster waves, types of monsters etc. It would have also have helped to see a wider variety of monsters on each map. What would have been even better would have been to make each of the maps generate RANDOMLY, instead of being the same. These small things would have changed this game drastically.

Only time will tell if this game is going to be a long hit or a weekly rental, atm, the game is a weekly rental, weither fanboys like to admit it or not.

Whats discouraging atm, is that, instead of getting actual "updates (new game content created)" were getting "Unlocks (content that is there, just not available". Im hoping sonic team is creating new content while we wait for what we should already have. And im hoping this isnt just a lil make some money quick scheme on there end, and they actually want to make an awsome mmo to compete with the other heavy hitters already available.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2006, 05:42 AM
PSO was the same. Loads of stuff to be unlocked or added latter. It was quite sometime that passed until things were "unlocked" or added. PSU is being handled in a similar fashion.

No one in Sonic Team, not even Takao ever said in any interciew that PSU was meant as some uber WoW or FF XI-killer, they or he never said there would be content updates/unlocks/addition every 10 days.

It hasn't evern been 1 month yet. only 12 DAYS. It's not that hard to be patient until a content update comes. It was over a month before the JP PSU got it's first update. And very few whined or bitched about it.

Also, I've never seen ST ever say PSU was a MMO, PSU is an Action RPG with an online mode. An "MOARPG" (multiplayer-online Action RPG) at the most.

It's not ST fault for people expecting it to a huge expansive MMO when ST never said it was. Way to many people are spoiled on other MMO's and coming into PSU with their expectations way to high. When PSU is *not* a MMO.

There was moderate hype for PSU. Nowhere near the level of hype for WoW, Bully, or FF 12. If there's not enough content for some players now, go play some other game for a awhile, it's that simple.

ProfessorZ
Nov 6, 2006, 05:55 AM
I don't care I'll be playing Gears of War till then

hypersaxon
Nov 6, 2006, 06:00 AM
People should stop pretending that Parum is the only available planet, and De Ragan is the only mission in the game, and maybe check out Neudaiz before they complain about lack of content.

cobfab
Nov 6, 2006, 06:01 AM
On 2006-11-06 02:55, ProfessorZ wrote:

Aye

ecchichuu
Nov 6, 2006, 06:24 AM
On 2006-11-06 00:22, Garnet_Moon wrote:
The NAs whine more and louder in half an hour than tha japanese do in an entire month.

...what? Well it's true. >.>

No, that's absolutely not true. Compared to the US, the Japanese have been far more numerous and vocal about how bad they think the game is.

They flamed like crazy on PSU producer Miyoshi's blog. On 2ch you see threads titled "So we've all agreed..." and inside "...We kill Miyoshi tomorrow at 12pm" Tons of players have gather online just to flame. They stand in a big glob and just sarcastically shout Miyoshi/Sakai's comments nonstop like "I won't betray out players anymore" and "We have 6 years of [MORPG] know how".

The most popular story mode screenshots of PSU are of Ethan saying "We won't be used and thrown away like guinea pigs" and "I can't accept the way you're doing things"

Japanese players make the US players look like laughing Elmo TMX.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2006, 06:37 AM
LOL. Immature whining JP Kiddies with nothing better to do as well. lol. Spoiled on the uber grindfest that is FF XI. lol.

They've gotten like two or more updat,es and the kick ass Halloween event, and there are still whining kiddies in JP?! funny. My how westernized some gamers are becoming in Japan...lol.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 6, 2006, 07:08 AM
Clumsy has said first update 2-3 weeks.

Realmz
Nov 6, 2006, 07:09 AM
On 2006-11-06 02:55, ProfessorZ wrote:

if only i could suck it up and buy a 360, but saddly not even Gears of War is enough to make me buy it D:

Schubalts
Nov 6, 2006, 07:13 AM
2chan does not count for anything >_> There, I said it.

Spectral
Nov 6, 2006, 08:21 AM

In case you're not up to speed champ people don't want to have to take a forced break from a game they're paying $10 a month on top of a $60 purchase price. That's a blatant rip off.

Let's put this ad together for Sega shall we?

"Play Phantasy Star Universe with tens of thousands of gamers from over a dozen countries! Pay $10 a month for an expanded beta! We'll get new content to you that makes this a real game after you've forked out $90-100.... we swear!"

Zabot
Nov 6, 2006, 08:33 AM
On 2006-11-06 02:23, AkiraXxx wrote:

I would have liked to have seen the actual levels adapt to what levels of players are on the team, like monster waves, types of monsters etc. It would have also have helped to see a wider variety of monsters on each map. What would have been even better would have been to make each of the maps generate RANDOMLY, instead of being the same. These small things would have changed this game drastically.

Um just to let yo know. they do generate randomly. I play on the 360 and i can say that i very very VERY rarely encoundter a same doungeon on a missoin twice in a row. sleeping warriors is probably the best examlpe. also De Ragan's Mission is another. ok.

and just to let everyone know, you didnt have to buy the game, or i should say, you didnt have to keep playing it. stop bitching ok, im serious, its old, life isnt always a basket of roses, sometimes you have to be patient. you dont get to be vice president of a major business in a year sorry to burst your bubble. as the other guy stated(sorry forgot your name) its been out for 2 frikin weeks. my god.

as far as im concerned if all the whiners and bitchers left, PSU would BE EVEN BETTER than it is NOW.

Peace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 08:45 AM
On 2006-11-06 05:33, Zabot wrote:

Um just to let yo know. they do generate randomly. I play on the 360 and i can say that i very very VERY rarely encoundter a same doungeon on a missoin twice in a row. sleeping warriors is probably the best examlpe. also De Ragan's Mission is another. ok.

and just to let everyone know, you didnt have to buy the game, or i should say, you didnt have to keep playing it. stop bitching ok, im serious, its old, life isnt always a basket of roses, sometimes you have to be patient. you dont get to be vice president of a major business in a year sorry to burst your bubble. as the other guy stated(sorry forgot your name) its been out for 2 frikin weeks. my god.

as far as im concerned if all the whiners and bitchers left, PSU would BE EVEN BETTER than it is NOW.

Peace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Were talking PC, dont shoot your guns off without knowing what your aiming at. If you dont like people complaining, EASY STOP READING THREADS REGARDING GAMEPLAY. PC dungeons arent randomized, theres 2 sets for each map, IF that.

Random being like how PSO had there system, there were sets, but each set had a random varition.

Mugaaz2
Nov 6, 2006, 08:56 AM
If moatoob isn't released this thusday I am canceling my account and will no longer purchase products made by sega, or any company that uses an unlock system and passes it off as an update. Well, actually, I'll be doing the second part of that anyway, only the first part is contingent.

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 09:08 AM
On 2006-11-06 05:56, Mugaaz2 wrote:
If moatoob isn't released this thusday I am canceling my account and will no longer purchase products made by sega, or any company that uses an unlock system and passes it off as an update. Well, actually, I'll be doing the second part of that anyway, only the first part is contingent.

According to the official PSU forum, your not the only person quitting next week lol, theres a 20 page thread on there main with a bunch of people quiting. Id say give it till thanks giving befor you quit for sure, your already paying for this month anyways.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
im gonna be patient, I still got my other characters too.

Yachiru
Nov 6, 2006, 09:25 AM
We're on the same schedule as Japan, we should get our update around November 20th or so.

Polenicus
Nov 6, 2006, 09:39 AM

Wow. That's an awfully extreme response for 12 days into the release. But if you're willing to toss 18 days of already-paid-for playtime, plus the cost of the game just because you overplayed and got bored, that's your thing.

Listen, PSO worked very much the same way as PSU. Content was in the game, but unlocked gradually over time. Things like S-ranks, extra missions, extreme uber weapons like the Double Cannon, enemy parts weapons... stuff you couldn't get offline. It'll be the same here. They don't unlock it all at once because they want to A) Give us something to look forward to, B) Not overwhelm us with options and too many things to try and get too fast (The fact that there are already people at the level cap tells me YOU'RE PLAYING TOO MUCH! What would happen if all the uber stuff was available? We'd have people dropping dead at their keyboards!) and C) Make sure the servers are ready for the additional load.

Think about it. If all the ultimate weapons were available, and the advanced jobs to use them, would we have taken the time to learn the benefits of grinding, or taken the time to start synthing the lower-level stuff? The game is basic right now because we're in the learning phase, where the economy is thrashed out, and glitches or play imbalances are first discovered, so they can make adjustments before they get too bad.

Try having a little patience. Take your time, level your jobs so you're ready for an advanced job or two, experiment with synthing and grinding, try levelling an alt, make some friends, do some runs other than the Parma stuff, SWITCH THE PC/PS2/XBOX360 OFF AND GO OUTSIDE FOR A WHILE, play another game, watch TV, help a low-level struggle through their first Sleeping Warriors run...

If you're frustrated and impatient with the game enough to toss it now, then you might as well go ahead and do it, because Motaoob is only going to buy a person like you another day or two, and then you'll be right back here.

Blenjar
Nov 6, 2006, 09:42 AM

The problem is, this is the year 2006. When did pso come out? Back then ofcourse it wasnt normally for a game to have lots of content when it came out. But then youve had games like wow come out, everquest, and the countless other mmos that are p2p, they ALL had at the start LOTS of content to play on. Even RUNESCAPE, has more quest then this, it too is an mmo, maybe a shitty one, but none the less thousands of people play that game still lol. The problem is that this is en entirely new generation of gaming, ST has been working on PSU for how many years now? EXACTLY, everyone let the fact that the graphics on the game have had NO improvement since its DC version. If you release whats supposed to be a next gen mmo on any platform, you have to at least meet SOME requirements of next gen games. What have you seen in this game that is next gen, that COULDNT have been added to the original pso?

SEGA put ALOT of hype behind this game, ALOT, befor the release I could have sworn it was on almost every game site front, almost every magazine, the game was hyped up alot, and then finally when it comes out, its like "OH, SEGA just busted a "Brute Force"",
For those that dont know, brute force was an old xbox game that had more hype behind it then a Mike Tyson ppv fight, and then came out and was HORRIBLE.

PSU isnt horrible, it is a fun game, its only been out 2 weeks, yeah, its only been out 2 weeks, but at the same time you have to ask yourself, should a mmo that had so much hype behind it have its players wanting more content only after 2 weeks of it being out? Im sure if the game wasn't as similar to pso most wouldnt be complaining. Small things could have made this game stand out and make grinding less boring, such as rag doll physics, MORE waves of enemies in each section, (It shouldnt take 10-15 minutes to finish an A run Dragon with 4 people...)

Only time will tell if this game is going to be a long hit or a weekly rental, atm, the game is a weekly rental, weither fanboys like to admit it or not.

Whats discouraging atm, is that, instead of getting actual "updates (new game content created)" were getting "Unlocks (content that is there, just not available". Im hoping sonic team is creating new content while we wait for what we should already have. And im hoping this isnt just a lil make some money quick scheme on there end, and they actually want to make an awsome mmo to compete with the other heavy hitters already available.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 111111111111111111 infinity!!!

-- Blen

Slyph
Nov 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
On 2006-11-06 06:39, Polenicus wrote:

Wow. That's an awfully extreme response for 12 days into the release. But if you're willing to toss 18 days of already-paid-for playtime, plus the cost of the game just because you overplayed and got bored, that's your thing.

Listen, PSO worked very much the same way as PSU. Content was in the game, but unlocked gradually over time. Things like S-ranks, extra missions, extreme uber weapons like the Double Cannon, enemy parts weapons... stuff you couldn't get offline. It'll be the same here. They don't unlock it all at once because they want to A) Give us something to look forward to, B) Not overwhelm us with options and too many things to try and get too fast (The fact that there are already people at the level cap tells me YOU'RE PLAYING TOO MUCH! What would happen if all the uber stuff was available? We'd have people dropping dead at their keyboards!) and C) Make sure the servers are ready for the additional load.

Think about it. If all the ultimate weapons were available, and the advanced jobs to use them, would we have taken the time to learn the benefits of grinding, or taken the time to start synthing the lower-level stuff? The game is basic right now because we're in the learning phase, where the economy is thrashed out, and glitches or play imbalances are first discovered, so they can make adjustments before they get too bad.

Try having a little patience. Take your time, level your jobs so you're ready for an advanced job or two, experiment with synthing and grinding, try levelling an alt, make some friends, do some runs other than the Parma stuff, SWITCH THE PC/PS2/XBOX360 OFF AND GO OUTSIDE FOR A WHILE, play another game, watch TV, help a low-level struggle through their first Sleeping Warriors run...

If you're frustrated and impatient with the game enough to toss it now, then you might as well go ahead and do it, because Motaoob is only going to buy a person like you another day or two, and then you'll be right back here.

Amen

SomeWeasel
Nov 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
PSO Fans are not really casual players...why did they make a schedule that works best with casual players.

Nayte
Nov 6, 2006, 09:46 AM
Becuase they know hardcore PSO fans will continue to wait or play.

Jiga
Nov 6, 2006, 09:48 AM
I agree with ShadowDragon 100%. Those complaining about content are going to be disappointed 1 week after the update anyways.

Blenjar
Nov 6, 2006, 09:55 AM
Not every1 has the time to wait. Some of us have things to do, something called "life"..w/e u get the point.
I'm just pissed that I wasted 80 bux and 140 hrs of my life playin thru a freaking beta ver.2 game. Not cool at all. I didn't get what I paid for "yet"..they should had put a big warning sign saying "oo hey ur not getting any updates for a month."
I'm quitting because im kinda force too:
1. schedule is getting tight.
2. worst customer service from a game. If I knew PSU was gonna do this unlock crap, I wouldn't had bought it.
3....why would they update the game when PS3 with Wii gets released. I don't think a whole lot of people will stick to this game. Thats my opinion.

4 the complainers complaining to the complainers. That wont resolve crap, it may be okay with you but not with us, I worked hard for this money..wtf sega?

-- Blen

Blenjar
Nov 6, 2006, 10:01 AM
On 2006-11-06 06:39, Polenicus wrote:

Patience? dude wtf I waited for this game for bout a year and half that crap aint even out?
Some of us have again tight schedule, so going outside isn't part of "video game" time, feel me? Its not like we spend all day playing games and bang go outside for a lil fun or watch tv or w/e crap u said. think bout it, were all not like u.

edit:I did everything u said. syn weapons, level 10 jobs, all bosses, bunch of rares, shops. u name it.

-- Blen

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2006-11-06 07:14 ]</font>

SomeWeasel
Nov 6, 2006, 10:09 AM
I think ShadowDragon is letting anger cloud his posts. I'm a PSO Fan I'm gonna keep playing, but honest to god who likes feeling so soon in a game they have reached a point where its nigh impossible to progress after such a very short amount of time. Using FFXI was a horrible example on his part. He let his anger cloud fact in his mind that there was already an ample amount of things to do to even keep hardcore players pretty much tided over for at least 6 months already. The FFXI release didn't need added content in such a short time span.

ShadowDragon also lets his anger cloud the fact that back when PSO was new it was new. They should have a more professional approach to the genre now. They should know what works and what doesn't and how the crowd this game was crafted for will react to their work. Fans are used to a more finished product full of quests and items and events. The game is all here. The PS2 doesn't make use of the harddrive. So most of this game is all made and here. They a teasing us with items we can't use. People are getting edgy and eager and impatient to test new weapons and explore new places and learn more lore.

Also it sucks the fact that they dont make use of a ps2 hard drive also suggests we are gonna be released a series of new games to buy with added episodes crap again in the future.