PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode

Kerik
Nov 6, 2006, 03:40 AM
So I thought I'd try and strike up a discussion about Extra mode.

For people like me, that love sticking out Solo, even in Multiplayer. Extra was a good thing, but lets admit it. The fact that you have to beat Story Mode to get most of that stuff is overwhelmingly annoying.

ANYWAY, I hear all about Online this, Online that.
What about the people stuck in Offline?

I sorta like the fact that I don't have uber leet rares offline. I like that I can take a saber and just play strategically to fight.

Forces are great, they definately get the "OMG MUST NUKE" out of your blood in Extra Mode.

So what do you guys think?

Ether
Nov 6, 2006, 04:07 AM
Extra mode is a joke, forces can 1 shot enemies 5 levels above them. It gives such a misinterpretation to how the game works online that it can be very annoying when people use it as a reference

MaxyGuy
Nov 6, 2006, 04:14 AM
It also never has any updates... and probably never will. Who would want that o_O.

However.. to contribute to your discution.. It's kinda fun experimenting with the PMs =) since they are easy to level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaxyGuy on 2006-11-06 01:15 ]</font>

Mitz
Nov 6, 2006, 04:15 AM
I like STORY MODE. Go hate me.

MaxyGuy
Nov 6, 2006, 04:18 AM
On 2006-11-06 01:15, Rizeru wrote:
I like STORY MODE. Go hate me.

I jumped on Story Mode as soon as I got the game and finished it.. it was great! Just a bit disapointing that the last boss was too easy =(

Kerik
Nov 6, 2006, 04:24 AM
I love Story Mode though! I just rather play with my Newman! Ethan's great and all, but...

Yeah, Extra mode can be seen as a joke, but I'm trying to get away from all this NAYSAYING, three of my friends are already pushed from this game because people are screaming

"OMG SUCKS HORRIBLE SUCKS SUCKS"

It's sad.

ANYWAY

Extra Mode is nice because of that for players like me. I enjoy being a support, that's just something I've always done. After I see how much damage I did, I just sorta looked at my force and shook my head. I want to be a back-up force.

So Extra Mode gets that nuking, and owning, feeling out of my system.

MaxyGuy
Nov 6, 2006, 04:28 AM
It would all work out for you.. if only the NPCs were any smart. Since the AI is poor, you have to go next to a creature for your NPCs to say "Disperse and move into attack".. and after he lands 3 blows while you kill 10 or so creatures he'll be saying "They weren't so tough".

I just wish the AI was better x_x..

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 04:32 AM
Extra mode is a joke, forces can 1 shot enemies 5 levels above them. It gives such a misinterpretation to how the game works online that it can be very annoying when people use it as a reference

Actually its pretty accurate I think, you have to think. Story/Extra mode your by yourself. You vs them (the npcs dont count... they do so little damage and spend most of there time in another room, wathing me fight, or playing possum) but online you have you and 5 others.

So if 6 forces all tossed a tech at a mob... its gonna go down. The increase in enemy hp was to make up for the diffrence in man power.

The item drops are way diffrent from offline to online tho.... I beat story mode and just today started online mode and got lvl 7... found 2 kuburu woods in 7 lvls when I have needed one offline for 53 levels :/

daylight129
Nov 6, 2006, 06:47 AM
You don't have to beat the game to get extra mode. You only have to get around chapter 6 or so.

Realmz
Nov 6, 2006, 06:56 AM
chapter four for extra mode, but you don't get a number of things in extra mode, until you get them in story mode (like NPCs)