PDA

View Full Version : Has PSU General met your expectations?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 08:08 AM
After forming some rather strong negative opinions of my own about the forum... I really just want to know what other people were thinking. Has PSU General met your expectations of the forum so far? Let's forget about the guides section for a sec too.

Feeling a little jaded by PSOW personally, and I'm just curious to hear what other people's opinions are (not as if anyone's words will sway me)... Perhaps my expectations for the forum were just a bit unrealistic. But I don't think it's unrealistic to expect the forum to be better than it's predecessor. An accomplishment that I don't even think PSU General achieves. It's just that I SO BADLY wanted to love this forum, and it's very upsetting that I can't say I do. And before you say anything, I know that all the valid posting is not available right now and I know the posts will be better when it's all released. But right now that's irrelevant.

But I don't want to complain anymore here... And btw, no flaming in here please. I don't want to hear any bias or elitism either. I realize this is a dedicated forum, but I know there must be people here still making the shocking discovery that they too are disappointed with PSU General.

And also, i'm not saying you can't love everything about it either. Not trying to convert anyone. I sincerely hope others are enjoying the forum more than myself and my friends.

Phreaker
Nov 6, 2006, 08:20 AM
Uh, what is PSU General, another site? If you are referring to this forum, it has met my expectations I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phreaker on 2006-11-06 05:21 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 6, 2006, 08:29 AM
PSU general as far as annoying posts are concerned is much better than the current state of PSO general. I suspect in a week or 2 this section will be flooded with rant threads about lack of content. That will change my feelings about the forum. We already have a rant forum for that, I'd like to see this place clean of that stuff. So far now I love posting here and I used to be a lurker so that should say something.

Nephias
Nov 6, 2006, 08:38 AM
S'not a bad forum,freakish amount of fanbois but thats to be expected.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 6, 2006, 09:22 AM
Hahaha, nice.

RadiantLegend
Nov 6, 2006, 09:28 AM
Its a forum, its free, so just like life there will be randomness, weirdnes and just about everything else.

Im trying to say i dont set any expectations.

Pandatron
Nov 6, 2006, 09:32 AM
The forums not bad though it seems that it's filled with more compliants then actually intelligent conversation. For example after several hours when the game was finally released and servers when down it was filled with nothing but angst in here. Then once there back up it appears to be filled more with inquiries in opinions which is always a nice thing.

The only other real thing i'd want from this forum is schedule meet ups. As stated before alot of us (including myself) get a group of 4-6 people lock the room and head out on missions. I see nothing wrong with this though can prove difficult to new users makes us appear like the elitest but that's a rant for another day.

Though the forum short and simple i like it how few people ever get flammed here i mean compared to other forums i've been too this one has to be one of the more polite ones with some what intelligent conversation ^_^.

Dhylec
Nov 6, 2006, 09:41 AM
The only other real thing i'd want from this forum is schedule meet ups.
We have plans for this. They are revived themes & fun games from the DC days. Due to work on the current PSU, we have yet to be able to materialized them. Hopefully, we can make it happen soon.

Oyako
Nov 6, 2006, 09:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=125660&forum=20&start=0 Why do these look almost exactly the same..?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyako on 2006-11-06 06:44 ]</font>

Nayte
Nov 6, 2006, 09:52 AM
Maybe becuase the OP did that on purpose? for whatever reason i dont really care but i will say that i didnt expect this much flaming over petty issues. I know this is a forum and you get flaming in any forum but when it comes to topics like "Voice chat is better than keyboard" then you know something is wrong.
Also, dont turn around and tell me to "GFTO the forums" becuase i never said i hated the forums. AS long it doesnt turn into Gamefaqs, then im fine.

P.S. Funny sig Pandatron, i like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nayte on 2006-11-06 06:54 ]</font>

Jiga
Nov 6, 2006, 09:57 AM
The only thing I think I've learned from these forums (in 12 days) is how to create alt characters to feed my PM free. PSO-World > Broomop.

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hmm. If people cant handle a little criticism of something so highly anticipated, I dont know what they are doing on a forum. There are some posts in criticism topics that raise good points and some are simply angst - on both sides of opinion - but I think sharing of said opinions by and large is handled well. PSU so far is a mixed bag but I think it will improve. I'm enjoying it. I can say the same about the PSU forums.

There is a good community on these forums. I've been coming here for a long time while playing PSO. As Pandatron said, as online forums go, there is very little flaming here, people are really quick to help (either answer a question or help in game) and we support each other in game generally. Tough to beat that. I dont visit any other PSU forum, since none would be as good.

One thing I do miss though are guides. One thing that might help as we run through PSU and wait for new material. For PSO there were so many detailed drop guides etc, but for PSU there really isnt a detailed guide of anything. I'd like to know things like what armor or weapon boards I might wish to get in the future, where they might be found, what materials they might require so I can start saving for them. I'd like to know more about PMs actually in battle - the skills they frequenly use etc so that I might choose one over the other. I'd also like to know about the PMs that are not available yet - let's say the 451 or 452 for example - do those require a maxed 450 and they convert? Or would you have to use a PM Zero and start all over again. What about experience charts, more info on expert classes? This information must be out there on Japanese sites and is usually brought here. I have frequently been referred to PSUPedia but not only is it never accessible it doesnt answer some of these things.

Meet ups would be great. Most times I have been soloing my daily meseta needs for my PMs and anticipate needing to do that yet another week or two. Would be nice to have a reason not to do that sometimes.

Schubalts
Nov 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
In a word: whining.

Mewn
Nov 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
The official forums are far far worse to here currently.

Nayte
Nov 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
Heh, hate to dissapoint you but this thread isnt about what you thought about the game. Its about this section of the forums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nayte on 2006-11-06 10:38 ]</font>

Kiteshinji
Nov 6, 2006, 01:44 PM
Heh, thanks for the heads up Nayte, I thought the topic meant PSU in general >.< good thing I didn't vote

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 01:49 PM
Nah, the topic is just heavy sarcasm against any thought of expressing criticism about PSU in general by mocking said topic and re-expressing it as a topic about what we think about the PSU General forum. Despite that, I answered what I thought of the PSU General forums anyway: pretty good overall, with some improvement possible, howveer as it has always been, there is a great community here.

Candor
Nov 6, 2006, 02:00 PM
It's a game forum... it has exceeded my expectations.

Kiteshinji
Nov 6, 2006, 02:07 PM
The community here is nice, I find that the people in PSU general to be helpful moreso than other forums.

Chimeria
Nov 6, 2006, 03:11 PM
The forums are cool. The people here are cool. So no problem. I can't say could expect more as the game only came out about 2 weeks ago. Not to mention the so called "updates" that sega is planning on releasing later. People are still trying to find alot of things out about the game. Give it some time.

Pandatron
Nov 6, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-11-06 06:52, Nayte wrote:
Maybe becuase the OP did that on purpose? for whatever reason i dont really care but i will say that i didnt expect this much flaming over petty issues. I know this is a forum and you get flaming in any forum but when it comes to topics like "Voice chat is better than keyboard" then you know something is wrong.
Also, dont turn around and tell me to "GFTO the forums" becuase i never said i hated the forums. AS long it doesnt turn into Gamefaqs, then im fine.

P.S. Funny sig Pandatron, i like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nayte on 2006-11-06 06:54 ]</font>

First off thanks Nayte i apperciate the compliment ^_^.

Ya i'm actually glad i don't play on the 360 servers it sounds like they have it pretty rough. I mean i dunno how there gathering in Universe 15 went but getting kicked for lack of mic then rating about it help doesn't help much. Just venting.

Don't get me started on gamefaqs... the rumors and trickery they state are rediculous >.>.