PDA

View Full Version : Technic PM: How to develop it?

Iora
Nov 6, 2006, 09:13 AM
Hello!

I am a CAST Hunter so I would wish to develop a pure Tech PM to heal me in battles. I understand that I need to feed it, but with the whole lot of new items, I am very confused. If it is not too troublesome to answer, may I ask:

- What items to feed the PM to make it a pure Tech healer?

- Do the items I feed it with result in different evolutions?

- Can I evolve it into a "Mag"? That is a PM that follows me like a Mag and not a little maid that runs around with me. Somehow the little figurine freaks me out...

A big Thank you!!!!

Realmz
Nov 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
1, tech disks, tech weapons are good

2, the evolutions depend on your PM's stats

3, no

check out PSUpedia and ethers interactive PM feeding

TangledWeb3917
Nov 6, 2006, 09:21 AM
how many points would a tech disk bring up the PM's tech stats? I'm afraid to feed it to her just to find it doesn't boost it up much at all ... since i'm a force i'd rather spend the money on myself at the moment ^_^

Is it worth it for a force to raise a PM with high strike stats? I was thinking about making mine a power mag

Dhylec
Nov 6, 2006, 09:26 AM
Check out Shima's PM guide in the forum below.
Or any other PM guide on this list..
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124388&forum=22&0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-06 06:28 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Nov 6, 2006, 05:21 PM
The guide that Dhylec mentioned is what I'm currently using to make myself a little heal bot. Here's a direct link:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122850&forum=22&26

With that method, you can feed the PM a mixture of dimates, TECH disks and FO weapons. It is still pretty slow-going and quite expensive. If you wanted to do a pure TECH PM, I'm guessing that you would need to stick to TECH disks and FO weapons. The pure method requires a LOT of money, where the 'quick and dirty' method from the above guide is a bit less expensive (and dimates are certainly easier to come by, so it makes a couple sections of the leveling process much easier).

From my understanding, though, the only difference between the two methods will be that the pure TECH PM will be better at synthesizing TECH items. I believe that they will both be the same when it comes to combat, as both methods result in the same 450 model PM (somebody correct me if I'm wrong!). The quicker method will produce a PM that is better at synthesizing the type of weapons that a hunter might use, which is why I'm going that route for now.

As for your last questions, there is no way to evolve a PM that is "mag-like". If you raise your PM to a level where it is going to follow you around, it's going to turn into one of the little robot girls. Who knows, maybe they will add ways to customize PMs or at least add some new variations to PM evolutions down the road.

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-11-06 06:13, Iora wrote:
Hello!

I am a CAST Hunter so I would wish to develop a pure Tech PM to heal me in battles. I understand that I need to feed it, but with the whole lot of new items, I am very confused. If it is not too troublesome to answer, may I ask:

- What items to feed the PM to make it a pure Tech healer?

- Do the items I feed it with result in different evolutions?

- Can I evolve it into a "Mag"? That is a PM that follows me like a Mag and not a little maid that runs around with me. Somehow the little figurine freaks me out...

A big Thank you!!!!

Also it's important to note that while the higher star items increase the stats more if you are going for pure tech, it's better to spend your money on one stars if you are buying. The reason being that it's very unlikely you will be able to afford 99 of the higher star items and the one stars offer more increase per meseta spent.
Also you could just recreate newmans and dump thier wands in storage if you can stand doing something as borng as that.

TangledWeb3917
Nov 6, 2006, 06:49 PM
what all would a tech PM do for you? Would she just heal you and bring you back when you die ... or would she hold a wand and cast spells as well? sorry so sound like such a noob with my questions, things have changed so much since the days of PSO ^_^ ... i miss mags lol

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 06:54 PM
Well she would be great at synthing force weapons if he makes her have pure tech like he is planning. As far as battle goes mine casts resta as well as several fire spells and an attack power reducing spell, dunno what the name for it is in PSU.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
I dont know if I want the 410 (my favorite) since I am a force and it will be the best battle bot, or to go pure or nearly pure force stats for the synth rate increase.

force weps will be in high demand, striking wont be since almost everybody will have a striking pm. But yes as a force it would be hard to afford a mind stat pm I think..... atleast early on it will be.

I find that my hunter spends much less on PP refills and only needs 2 good weapons. My force needs pretty much 4-8 good weapons at any given time due to the limited spell setup and the cost of spells. Also need 2 or 3 handguns to pair with a wand so I can shoot enemies for xp tag.