Nov 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
wait what?

Saigan
Nov 6, 2006, 10:24 AM
youareright

omgmyspacebarisbroken!

Reeses
Nov 6, 2006, 10:29 AM
Well of course your right. It takes longer to kill the mobs by yourself AND you dont get THAT much for getting the final blow... I'm a party person all the way... exp. wise atleast.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Why did you crash on me at boss. D:

Natrokos
Nov 6, 2006, 10:32 AM
Soloing will get you money alot faster though. I usually don't hunt in parties above 4. Amirite?

Bast
Nov 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
Solo is really slow. Only good thing is you get all the drops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

I would recommend at least picking up a buddy or go into parties. Because the same time it takes you to solo a mission, you could've done it a few times if you were duoing or in a party.

In addition, going to higher ranked missions will grant you better drops.

If you really want to go just solo, get your PM to 80 or use an NPC.

McOwned
Nov 6, 2006, 10:35 AM
If i'm uber lucky i'll solo some, otherwise i'm a party person

RAISE THE ROOF

Ryoga4523
Nov 6, 2006, 10:39 AM
I like to party with 2 or 3 ppl. It does not take too long, and you have a better strategy. Like takign turns picking up meseta.

Cerulean
Nov 6, 2006, 10:45 AM
I started yesterday morning at level 13 with 500 meseta and finished 6 hours later at level 18 with just under 20,000 meseta.

All doing missions Parum and Neudaiz with teams.

Always set loot to Random:Random.

I have gone from being a person that thinks 'solo sometimes is good for [fill in the reason]' to being a person that thinks 'I don't solo.'

Teams with Random/Random (or Random/Order) ftw.

Dhylec
Nov 6, 2006, 10:51 AM
Party up when I can & solo when I want. ;]

SephYuyX
Nov 6, 2006, 10:55 AM
People who complain about getting items in groups should be shot.

If you join a PT, you are there to get easy exp, not items.
If you join dragon runs, you are there to gain rank points, not exp or items.
If you want items, solo.
If you want exp, join non dragon A runs.

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 11:47 AM
Forces laugh at this thread. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Forces have probably the easiest and fastest soling potential when they are overleveled for an area. One of the job perks, I guess.

Merumeru
Nov 6, 2006, 11:55 AM
All i know is that EXP in the long run is more important than meseta, afterall, the more leveled you are, the harder mobs you can find that drop more meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Elleranda
Nov 6, 2006, 12:12 PM
Bring your instructor.

Kaply
Nov 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-11-06 08:47, KirinDave wrote:
Forces laugh at this thread. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Forces have probably the easiest and fastest soling potential when they are overleveled for an area. One of the job perks, I guess.

I dunno about that, I can clear C rank de ragan runs in 7-9 minutes as my newman hunter. Granted I am level 45. I'm thinking it sort of evens out a bit against the dragon, my FO would do less damage there and take longer to kill while my hunter can kill him quickly.

SpishackCola
Nov 6, 2006, 01:01 PM
Ugh, soloing...

Trinacepti
Nov 6, 2006, 01:04 PM
If you wanted to solo, why would you play an online game?

Reeve
Nov 6, 2006, 01:12 PM
im soloing relics b with my lv 38 cast hunter atm, takes around 30 mins with my instructor and pmget atleast 5k meseta and 4k exp and i have also gotten a rank a grinder and relic edge in just a few runs (aswell as numerous 7 star synth items)

its not too bad i guess and its a lot more interesting than soloing relics c http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i know i can get exp and class points faster just doing dragon a over and over in a group but it just doesn't interest me

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-11-06 09:30, Kaply wrote:

I dunno about that, I can clear C rank de ragan runs in 7-9 minutes as my newman hunter. Granted I am level 45. I'm thinking it sort of evens out a bit against the dragon, my FO would do less damage there and take longer to kill while my hunter can kill him quickly.

A good force using a wand with L11+ diga can wreck De Ragan. Watch 250-300d hits flow as fast as a hunter uses a pike, with a fairly decent range (the trick here is to aim for the tail or side, you can't damage body parts with techs so all that matters is contact) Most forces can't solo the 15+ Parum missions easily because they don't have many levels in Barta and Rabarta, which are helpful when you want to beat down the Koltova/Distova menace.

Better FOs than I have taught me that canes are actually stronger (in terms of fast damage output) than rods. Once you get a pair of good handguns and two canes with well-leveled Diga/Radiga and Barta/Rabarta, you can tear through parum.

Personally, I also find it really helps to have a good longbow with the Ice bullet to take down those pesky fliers.

But when it comes to speed clearing, FOs can really do some amazing things if they have their techs leveled, and their cost per mission tends to be low because they don't spend money on healing items and even the expensive Resta is much cheaper than any mate in terms of meseta per health.

Kaply
Nov 6, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-11-06 10:17, KirinDave wrote:
A good force using a wand with L11+ diga can wreck De Ragan. Watch 250-300d hits flow as fast as a hunter uses a pike, with a fairly decent range (the trick here is to aim for the tail or side, you can't damage body parts with techs so all that matters is contact) Most forces can't solo the 15+ Parum missions easily because they don't have many levels in Barta and Rabarta, which are helpful when you want to beat down the Koltova/Distova menace.

Better FOs than I have taught me that canes are actually stronger (in terms of fast damage output) than rods. Once you get a pair of good handguns and two canes with well-leveled Diga/Radiga and Barta/Rabarta, you can tear through parum.

Personally, I also find it really helps to have a good longbow with the Ice bullet to take down those pesky fliers.

But when it comes to speed clearing, FOs can really do some amazing things if they have their techs leveled, and their cost per mission tends to be low because they don't spend money on healing items and even the expensive Resta is much cheaper than any mate in terms of meseta per health.

Holy cow the misinformation in this post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fighting the dragon you NEVER want to hit the tail. It's armored against all types of attacks, techs and melee does about half damage. You CAN hit de ragan with diga in the center part and that's the most damage a FO can do against him since techs cannot hit multiple parts of one enemy with one tech. My HU on the other hand, uses spear PAs, each hit does ~150 dmg, crits are ~250. The PA also hits 4 times with the first usage and 6 times with the second.

Koltovas just have high HP but they move slowly, easy to bunch them up for rabarta (I have this at about level 19 now, although barta is only around 10).

Distovas, trick is to let them run. In a lot of the spawns their pathing makes them bunch up at the end. After that it's time for rabarta.

You can use ra spells to take down the fliers, ra spells even hit them when they're at a higher elevation.

At level 45, my meseta "cost" per mission is about 350, for refilling my spears. I don't take much damage and what damage I take gets healed up with my recovery unit.

anzha
Nov 6, 2006, 01:30 PM
I prefer small groups myself, 2 to 4 - and only if we're doing something sufficiently challenging to warrant that many people. Its all about xp over time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif And since you have to tag everything, too big a team with too easy a mission can be pretty bleh.

I pretty much have a 'static' party of 4 now - 2 forces, a ranger, and a hunter. Have had mixed experiences with full groups.

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-11-06 10:28, Kaply wrote:
Holy cow the misinformation in this post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't think you've played a force very much.

Fighting the dragon you NEVER want to hit the tail. It's armored against all types of attacks, techs and melee does about half damage. You CAN hit de ragan with diga in the center part and that's the most damage a FO can do against him since techs cannot hit multiple parts of one enemy with one tech. My HU on the other hand, uses spear PAs, each hit does ~150 dmg, crits are ~250. The PA also hits 4 times with the first usage and 6 times with the second.

Completely wrong. Forces cannot hit body parts on De Ragan. I hit the head, the tail, and the legs for all exactly the same damage, and it comes up on the body. Try it. You'll see the same damage wherever you impact. Ask any force, it's a very frustrating thing for forces who want De Ragan figures. I actually have switched to hunter to go gunning for them.

Koltovas just have high HP but they move slowly, easy to bunch them up for rabarta (I have this at about level 19 now, although barta is only around 10).

Yes. But very few forces seem to have the ice line of spells leveled, as I said. This is because Ice really is so much weaker than Diga and Foie until you hit L11 and the spread widens and the freeze rate jumps up. Rabarta is even worse until L11.

You can use ra spells to take down the fliers, ra spells even hit them when they're at a higher elevation.

An Ice Longbow is the fastest, cheapest way for a force to drop those fliers, in my experience. My unground Compadri hits for 100 against them, and can fire two or three shots to every one cast of a ra-spell from a rod, my L6 ice arrow tech freezes them often, and there are no accuracy issues.

At level 45, my meseta "cost" per mission is about 350, for refilling my spears. I don't take much damage and what damage I take gets healed up with my recovery unit.

Forces who don't heal and use ground C-rank gear will spend maybe 250 if they are using canes, maybe 350 if they are using rods and healing.. You will spend more, of course, if you are trying deliberately to level the wrong elements for the area. Leveling Zonde is fantastically expensive for me, averaging about 450 per full recharge. I will probably make a thread about spell leveling later, because I am having some weird results while grinding them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KirinDave on 2006-11-06 10:39 ]</font>

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 01:45 PM
Solo for money and items. (slow, but worth it)
Party 3-4 (including PM) for items and xp (good mix of xp and items quickly)
Party 4+ for XP (quick leveling)

Sexy_Raine
Nov 6, 2006, 02:23 PM
I solo a lot because I'm focusing on buying techs, and better weapons. I'm also trying to master my techs. My foie is already lv.15, I'm 5 away from the cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-06 11:25 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Nov 6, 2006, 02:51 PM
i have gone solo most of the time. i sometimes playin a party of 3 with ryoga4523 and his brother

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-11-06 11:52 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 02:52 PM
I'm a beastess hunter and soloing for me doesn't seem that slow to me, but I also only do select B and A rank missions where the enemies aren't anoying. B and under things die before the first PA is over A takes more than 2 PAs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 6, 2006, 02:54 PM
yauritedrew.

Trinacepti
Nov 6, 2006, 03:06 PM
About the dragon, when I fight it. The side body does like 2x or more damage than the tail when I hit it.
I think body is like 400 and tail is like 200 or so with Diga.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 03:29 PM
"Fighting the dragon you NEVER want to hit the tail. It's armored against all types of attacks, techs and melee does about half damage."

This is bull. If you get under the tail and spear combo is, the HUGE MULTITUDE of linear damage points hit will add up to more damage than hitting it anywhere else. And it's not 1/2 damage per point.

Christ, I do this every game. You must all think I'm a collosal noob! Hahahah! That's.... cute.

Anyway he made this topic because he DCed at A rank dragon and I soloed the boss when he came back in and took a lot longer than with two people.

Elleranda, why don't YOU stop trolling US?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 12:31 ]</font>

Kerik
Nov 6, 2006, 03:30 PM
I play multiplayer games and solo in them. I dunno why though. I just enjoy talking to people while playing my game, you know? That's about it...

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
Also important to note is that for hunters tail is the abosolute safest place to attack from. The reason being, and I might be a bit biased since I play beast which has terrible defense against tech, is that anyone can easily escape the dragon's fire breath. Dear god does that do a lot of damage. Anyways from the end to middle of the tail you can see it coming and run over to the other side in about 2 second and pretty much never get hit by it. From the tail you don't have to worry about getting stepped on. The only thing you have to worry about is a raher weak tail swipe move that isn't too common and can actually be avoided if you are fast.
From experience two level 30 beast hunters can solo A rank De Ragan fast and without using many resoratives at all if they both attack from the tail.

Ceresa
Nov 6, 2006, 03:49 PM
Attacking from under the tail, is not the same as hitting the tail itself.

And you will do half dmg to the tail compared to any part of his legs or body.

Techs do half dmg to the tail, how can you fight it more then once and not realize this? Techs also do about 5% more dmg to the head, of course Fo can hit different body parts, they just can't hit more then one at a time.

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 03:57 PM
Well I just wear 26% fire armor with a ment headslot on elemental bosses, normally if it survives past the nanoblast or im skilling up weapons I fight at its chest. Where its head turns I shift to the opposite side, this worked for me using swords because in some positions the dragon lowers its head leting my PA hit 3 points on his neck or 2 points and the head itself. Also, I made a habit out of using this style to avoid the tail swip which, when underleveled would double hit and killed me.

Kalier
Nov 6, 2006, 03:59 PM
standing under the tail and attacking ahead with the pike, you aren't actually attacking the tail itself. the tail -does- halve all damage that hits THE TAIL.

on a side note, a good place to stand for hunter if you want to avoid the fire, is underneath the neck, so long as you move before it fires straight down. the tail does considerably more damage than being stepped on.

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 04:09 PM
But you can get stepped on three or four times in a row rather than the one hit of the tail.

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 04:12 PM
i'd take 2-3 hits for 70 which I can avoid after I see it moving that take a double knock down tailswipe which is a little harder to avoid plus you can't heal yourself while knocked down. With beast HP neither is a real problem but newmans and humans...thats a different story.

Still different strokes for different folks, long as the dragon is dead and your team gets the rank they wanted its all good ^.^

Mystil
Nov 6, 2006, 04:22 PM
I can plow through most C missions that have mobs lvl15+... doesn't take long.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 04:23 PM
Hahah, morons. On JP anyone that can equip a spear with combo of at least 2, hits the MULTIPLE DAMAGE POINTS on the tail. BONUS if that hits the feet too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 13:24 ]</font>

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah my experience comes from being a beast hu where your only worries are cumulitative damage, leading to a good deal of spending on curative, from the stepping on and getting killed by the fire breath.

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-11-06 13:23, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Hahah, morons. On JP anyone that can equip a spear with combo of at least 2, hits the MULTIPLE DAMAGE POINTS on the tail. BONUS if that hits the feet too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 13:24 ]</font>

If only this was JP and if only the dragon even on A rank didn't die from 2-3 nanoblast.

And you wonder why Ellandra trolls you(drew I dunno why he seems actually socially stable), but you little less emo and cocky mentality pretty please.

PS.
Not everyone likes spear and wants to use it, not everyone plays to be the best at everything at anytime. I'll try out spearing the tailside whenever I'm trying to get up weaponskill atleast, thanks for the advice.

Mystil
Nov 6, 2006, 04:48 PM
Twin blades with Rising Crush lvl11+ will hit all parts as well. Spear is alright, it has a lot of power behind it and can hit more than 1 mob, but I find that getting it to level up is painfully slow.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 6, 2006, 05:03 PM
i solo in order to make money too, although teaming up w/ a force and spamming the relics and the de ragan is also very helpful and skyrocketed my money as well as my job exp.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 05:10 PM
:o

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/spear1.jpg

:o

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/spear2.jpg

Hitting the goddamn feet/body directly. I took a LOT of shots of this. This was the highest number of points of damage I hit. Note each individual point ALMOST THE FRICKING SAME DAMAGE as on tail:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/spear3.jpg

Now imagine NON BEASTS that don't have nanoblast all doing this, and you have yourself non beast hunters that can take down de-ragan almost as quickly as beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 14:13 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
On the dragon I always like goading it to breath fire straight forward and applying all those hits to the head and neck sections. But that might just be me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Nov 6, 2006, 05:26 PM
Your point was well made Shim, but really - big deal. I've been in a group between that took him down pretty damn fast and that's not with spears -.-. Oh brother, PSU is becoming Phantasy Star Emoverse.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 05:41 PM
I don't play in big teams, whut?

*shares all my loot with Drew and Drew alone* <3

KiteWolfwood
Nov 6, 2006, 05:43 PM
Solo for money, party for exp amirite.

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-11-06 14:26, Silhouette wrote:
Your point was well made Shim, but really - big deal. I've been in a group between that took him down pretty damn fast and that's not with spears -.-. Oh brother, PSU is becoming Phantasy Star Emoverse.

Though not presented in a mature way she did bring proof, though not to accurate because we don't know which hits was hers and which was drews. She did get her point across and duoing the dragon at those levers aren't to shabby. Key word there was duo and at 40, when you can do that you can complain. ^.^

Razorback
Nov 6, 2006, 05:47 PM
unlucky shmucks, i got a friend who promised me to Power lvl me when i got xbox back from the hospital

Mystil
Nov 6, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-11-06 14:41, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I don't play in big teams, whut?

You got me there but I also can't help that those spears are of the ice element. Clever.

Key word there was duo and at 40, when you can do that you can complain. ^.^
I complain about anything I want, anywhere and at anytime. The individual is trying to make the point that she is essentially the better player than the rest of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-06 14:51 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 05:56 PM
With that type of attitude, your no better than her. Untill you can bring screenshots proving different you'd be just running your mouth with nothing productive comming out.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-11-06 14:46, Yoruichi wrote:

Though not presented in a mature way she did bring proof, though not to accurate because we don't know which hits was hers and which was drews. She did get her point across and duoing the dragon at those levers aren't to shabby. Key word there was duo and at 40, when you can do that you can complain. ^.^

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/myhits.jpg

The highest were my hits as my spear is better than Drew's.

edit: and it's the same spear on the feet before anyone pulls that pic apart:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/icespearonfeet.jpg

That's a first tier of the combo on the feet and second on the tail I THINK, the damage on feet is overall higher per point but not cumulative.

I don't think I'm a better player. But I do think I'm a more experienced one, and 2 months of observing and learning has helped. I'm certainly not better than Drew. He had a week of watching people on JP though too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 15:22 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Nov 6, 2006, 06:36 PM
Shim is sexy for this :3!!

BloodDragoon
Nov 6, 2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah now if I could just find parties for ruins that isnt C rank... -.-

xFuZioN
Nov 6, 2006, 07:27 PM
NPCs FTW! They sorta speed things up a bit and don't take items. If you fear they ruin your rank, kick them before boss fights.

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 09:13 PM
Ok made a batch of screenshots too, forgot my fire armor but it wasn't much of a problem, he mainly target Leo <3. Seems I got more damage upfront even when I wasn't aiming for its head, backside is fine, I just hate the 150+ tailswipes, it is avoidable if you pay attention and use a faster damage dealing weapon like spear over sword. Dagger works suprisingly well since its a moving PA you can avoid things quite nicely.

Spear

back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-48-31-45.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-48-44-68.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-49-12-34.jpg

front
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-49-28-37.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-49-31-93.jpg

Sword

back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-50-56-26.jpg

Front
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-50-41-87.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-51-40-10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-52-39-04.jpg

1h Dagger

Back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-53-24-64.jpg

Front
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sinrose/Psu2006-11-0619-53-12-75.jpg

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 09:23 PM
edit: Sorry, misread post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 18:27 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 09:25 PM
Also, didn't mention the obvious tactic that if you get under the tail, jam yourself there, you can attack over and over and over again while the dragon can't "see" you. You jam yourself under tail as he breathes fire, and PA over and over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-06 18:26 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 6, 2006, 09:31 PM
Whats with the caps, calm down. I probably failed to mention a jamming tactic because I never heard of it or used it intentionally. Damage wise, its seemed more from the front but I think you get the 100% accuracy if you angle yourself behind him right.

The "jammed" tactic would prob be more damage efficent specially if it got the 100% accuracy and the fact you have to dodge less attacks if any at all.

DarkSeph
Nov 6, 2006, 09:40 PM
Soloing is mainly for the Items if you are in need of Meseta or want a 100% chance at any rares that "may" show up. I love the interactions in a group of people or just to focus on getting experience so I rarely solo but when I do it is for those reasons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Funkomatic
Nov 6, 2006, 09:44 PM
I am a party animal!! Really you should see me.