PDA

View Full Version : PM specializations

Prise
Nov 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
ive been using this little mag simulator http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/psu/ and ive been wondering about when you reach lvl80 the mag has a specialization does that mean thats what its best at making or the weapon it uses when you call it into your party? or both lol just wondering cause im right to make a claw specialization mag atm.

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 10:57 AM
Its the weapon it uses in battle. What affects its synth abilities are the actual stats you emply to level it up. Using your 420 example, you need to keep its Striking under 30 until it gets to level 80. Let's say you leave Striking low and end your 420 with 25 in Striking. It will use a claw in battle but it wont be as good at synthing claws (Striking) as a 410 with 80 Striking.

Zabot
Nov 6, 2006, 11:00 AM
what it uses in battle MAINLY. and is best at. i want the GH 420, one with claws.

how well it synthasises depends on the level of the particular skill. stk. high will synth melee weapons good, same with rng, and tech. that will make good staffs. and you guessed it. armor will synth you good armor.

unfortunately the better PM's are hard to come by, i wanted the GH 420, but gave up yesterday in an attempt to better my arsenal. i spent 75,000 and it was worth it. LOL just wish i could reset it tho. like on the JP version, they have an item you feed to your PM and it resets its stats.

Peace

Prise
Nov 6, 2006, 11:05 AM
just wish i could reset it tho. like on the JP version, they have an item you feed to your PM and it resets its stats.

wow yea that would be awesome cause now knowing that its specialization doesnt mean is what its good at making the 420 kinda seems obsolete to me lol i mean keeping it below 30 then raising it will still only get it to like 50striking and 50armor which means ill be sucky at making weapons and sucky at making armor so whats the point? a PM with claws ;;

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 11:08 AM
There is the item PM Zero that resets the PM, but it wont come before the Moatob update, and possibly even longer than that.

I had started down a path for my PMs that I subsequently altered, meaning unfortunately that for a couple of them I can no longer make them perfect. Ideally I too wish I could have reset them, but I decided not to wait for the reset item. A few points off perfect shouldnt be the end of the world, but there is simply no info out there as to PM end effects on synthing except the obvious (the higher the level in a particular attribute means higher synth chance for that item type - no info on perfect statted vs slightly not perfect statted differences - if any).

The 420 isnt that hard to make, btw, if you still want it. Time consuming yes, as they all are. I decided to make my 420 the armorer and you can make a 420 be 10 Striking 90 Armor if I read the chart right (simulator confirms it). Mine will end up being 89 armor due to development that started in another direction on that PM. I think its alright. To finish out the armor leveling you can do the Cast recreate method, if you have the fortitude heh, making the 420 not cost anything really but time.

Enjoy your new toys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zabot
Nov 6, 2006, 11:09 AM
you can keep the striking at a close 28, then level tech as high as possible, maybe a little armor, then just raise striking again, you get a PM with 48 striking and like 52 or so tech. great for healing and synths good melee weps. WOOOOOOOT

thats what i wanted, but because i messed up, im just goin for GH 410 i guess. . *Sigh* Oh Well

Prise
Nov 6, 2006, 11:15 AM
heh i guess for the purpose that i would like outta my pm is to make it a 410 cause i wanted it more to make my weapons then make armor but the 420 looks substancally cooler then the 410 red french maid dress she has on lol hmm now the hard decision to change my course of action or keep it and just go with it

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Well for synthing Striking things, I strongly recommend you go with a 410. Make the 420 for another purpose for which its stat requirements can be well used (I think the 420 makes a great armorer). While I agree the 420 looks cooler than the 410, the 410 actually does look pretty cool when equipped with a weapon and running around (screenshots on this site somewhere). That and also the potential of modifying it later to a 411, 412 etc when the option arises, though there is absolutely no info out there at the moment as to how that is done.

Yoruichi201
Nov 6, 2006, 12:21 PM
I am going for GH 440. I think i will be fun to have my pm with a shotgun.