PDA

View Full Version : This isn't right!!!

Chimeria
Nov 6, 2006, 11:12 AM
I'm on fricken level 65 on extra mode. Newman Ranger.
I have 34 hours and something minutes offline. I had read that if you get an S rank on a mission with a character that has a certain special attack that you have a SMALL chance to get that attack. So anyway, i'm playing "ruler of the plains" with Leo because I want spinning break. I finished it 10 times and got an S-rank every time. I got nothing....

My sisters is level 32. Beast Hunter. 11 hours and someting minutes. She plays the mission 1 time and gets the damn move. What the hell did i do wrong?

Do you have to be the same race as the character you get it from? Is there a way to transfer items to different characters?

Natrokos
Nov 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
I got Hyugas and Karens moves....I only played through the game once and only did a free mission once. Maybe it's on a certain level? (Maybe that's why you said Ruler of the Plains.) I don't know.

TheStoicOne
Nov 6, 2006, 11:44 AM
nevermind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-11-06 08:45 ]</font>

Callous
Nov 6, 2006, 01:40 PM
I got 3 moves in 8 hours of playing with a Newman Force. Life's not fair it seems.

Pilla
Nov 6, 2006, 02:10 PM
Try doing the "what's in ruins" level 10 mission and have who you want your skill from as your first pick when you make a party. I got the knuckles skill from the old man when I did this (been trying forever in ice missions but he wasn't the fisrt in my party at the time) and I KEEK getting the same skill from him now that he was first. But this isn't solid or anything, might be I just got really lucky today. Maya also spams my inventory with her retnis skill when I get S rank on missions and Karen gave me some crap I already learned.

But yes, try adding who you want a skill from and that mission and you might get it.

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2006, 02:26 PM
I don't think the order has anything to do with it, but I can't prove or disprove that. If you want to get whichever move you want, I've found doing Ruler of the Plains to be the fastest run, while being easy to S rank. The dragon is a great source of PA skillups, too. And yes, it's really rare for them to give you their PA disks. Selfish submariners.

Chimeria
Nov 6, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-11-06 08:39, Natrokos wrote:
I got Hyugas and Karens moves....I only played through the game once and only did a free mission once. Maybe it's on a certain level? (Maybe that's why you said Ruler of the Plains.) I don't know.

I'm doing "ruler of the plains" because it's an easy mission to get an S-rank on.

I've tried just putting Leo in my party and i still got nothing but that damned Ragan Head...I guess i can sell them. Maybe it's because i'm a ranger. I assume everyone who answered my question is a hunter?

Kerik
Nov 6, 2006, 03:09 PM
I can add a little to this.

Okay, the skills you can get on Extra Mode aren't affected by order of party. There is a small percentage that you will get the skill, and a large percentage that you won't. I don't know the exact yet, but at the moment I'm seeing about...20/80 ratio.

Anyway, you can get multiple skills. With my Extra Newman Force I scored Hyuga's, Maya's, and Tonnio's in the same mission at the same time.

So it's all about luck really, sorta like finding that red box in PSO and it actually be a godly rare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Chimeria
Nov 6, 2006, 03:20 PM
i see...well, that clears things up a bit. Guess i'll be losing another 30 something hours of my life looking for this. Thanks for the info Kerik.

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2006, 11:07 PM
I can vouch for Kerik. I too once got two disks on the same run. I didn't need any of them, though...