PDA

View Full Version : Honest synth/shopowner list.

Valatar
Nov 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
We need some eBay-ish review thread where people can post good and bad reviews for store owners. PSU has no in-game provisions for honesty when it comes to synthing items, no way for a customer to tell whether a shop owner has stolen their materials or if the synthesis actually failed. If the mods could just sticky something up top for people to post in and be able to search through, it'd be a big help.

This is self-centered, of course; means I can point my customers to the thread to give good reviews and get me more business. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But it's a benefit to the consumers as well as the vendors.

Natrokos
Nov 6, 2006, 11:42 AM
If I don't like the price...I go somewhere else. That's my review.

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 11:45 AM
If the systhesis failed, you would be buying a lesser item. Am I missing something here? Either way, I'm legit... Shop: Keldog.

SephYuyX
Nov 6, 2006, 11:46 AM
I hear this guy named SephYuyX has all the cool stuff for cheap.

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
I heard he was a wanker. j/k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ri0T
Nov 6, 2006, 01:28 PM
I have pretty cheap prices. Right now, there's not too much I have that's special... although there is a De Ragan's Tail and Rappy Feather. (unless they've sold while i am here at work)

I'll pretty much always keep my prices low. I'm a "right now" type of guy. No patience whatsoever, so i like to see things go fast. If I ever do have anything overpriced, it is most likely a mistake. Lemme know and i'll prolly change it.

Search "PSOW", i should be there. Character name is "RiOT". '-'

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes. Literally. XD

Zakuro
Nov 6, 2006, 01:29 PM
I think people are best off just checking each shop when looking for something. When I was trying to buy a new rod (the one that costs 2000 in a normal store) almost every store that was selling one (not counting ones that were grinded) were way overpriced. However, some of them were selling other things that were priced fairly cheap at the same time. So saying "Shop X" is overpriced may not be entirely true. Even if someone does overprice everything, they may end up fixing their prices at some point when they aren't selling anything.

Ri0T
Nov 6, 2006, 01:31 PM
Has anyone figured out how the Recommended Shops thing works yet? The list seems to change really rapidly. I am guessing it has something to with items being bought.

Valatar
Nov 6, 2006, 01:56 PM
On 2006-11-06 08:45, Keldog wrote:
If the systhesis failed, you would be buying a lesser item. Am I missing something here? Either way, I'm legit... Shop: Keldog.

Yeah, you're missing a couple of things. One, there's nothing to stop the synthing person from saying, 'Oops, the synthesis failed, here's your monomate.' and keeping the materials or the real item. The only way to know for sure that the person is honest is to know that other people have successfully gotten the items they ordered. Thus the need for customer comments. Two, calling yourself legit is meaningless. Anyone can say that, and I'm sure the thieves will be very quick to do so. All that matters is being called legit by your customers.

Bobkitty
Nov 6, 2006, 02:09 PM
They really should have added some sort of rating system. personally i wont synth something before its sold.. it doesnt exist to me until its made. Since this turned into a free advertising thread, names Kulgrath 360 version, feel free to stop by http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and stop selling nanocarbon for 2500+ ppl.. for real..

Keldog
Nov 6, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-11-06 10:56, Valatar wrote:

On 2006-11-06 08:45, Keldog wrote:

Yeah, you're missing a couple of things. One, there's nothing to stop the synthing person from saying, 'Oops, the synthesis failed, here's your monomate.' and keeping the materials or the real item. The only way to know for sure that the person is honest is to know that other people have successfully gotten the items they ordered. Thus the need for customer comments. Two, calling yourself legit is meaningless. Anyone can say that, and I'm sure the thieves will be very quick to do so. All that matters is being called legit by your customers.

Ok, I got you on the first part. I just have never asked a shop owner to synth anything and never have been asked. That seems shady anyway.

On the second note, I'm sure you are right, but since synthing for people doesn't apply to me, I could care less. I have what I have for sale. No mo', no less.

Sinue_v2
Nov 6, 2006, 11:50 PM
Most of my prices are sub-400 on food items, often around 200-250. Tears of Light candy sells for 1k, because I didn't know what to price it though I've seen it for much more in other people's shops.

The Rice Cakes aren't a ripoff. They're 10k a piece, but if you understand the Naula reference you'll understand why they cost so much. Once I start getting "Something Sweet"s, I'll put up the Gourmet Cakes for 10k and lower the ricecakes back down to like 300. Or I may just keep them fairly high priced and sell everything else (Kreem Puff, Koltova Sandwich, Fruit Juice, Blizzard Pop, ect) at low prices

Lastat27
Nov 7, 2006, 12:32 AM
PSU: PS2
Game Name: Lastat
Shop Name: -=Armored Cores=-

I have a level 98 armor PM (100 tomorrow). I have synthed three Gigalines thus far:

50% chance - Fail
52% chance - Fail
53% chance - Fail

Trying again tomorrow at 56%. Anyways, If you need a Megaline synthed at 98% let me know. My Megaline customers thus far: Lilly, Sophia, and Siatri. I don't require payment but you do need your own [B] board. I wouldn't trust my luck synthing your Gigalines as I have a 0% success rate thus far (sigh).

I also wouldn't advise buying the materials from stores. You can find them all in relic runs (dianaline is pretty common, and 6 nanocarbon is nothing). Bring normal Photons for a 98% chance, or elemental photons for a 70% chance. Your call =)

Roffkaiser
Nov 7, 2006, 12:39 AM
....If anyone wants anything cheap on the 360 come to Roff Kaiser's shop, here is my price list which I like to stick to

Wood-10
Ash-100
most boards-200
Kubara wood 350
2-star weapons 200
3 star weapons 400
4 star weapons 1000-2000
5 star weapons 8000+
scape dolls 800
Other stuff depends on how i feel and most stuff goes pretty fast so send me a message if you need something.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 7, 2006, 01:00 AM
I like what riot did by including PSOW in his tag somewhere (I dont have a shop, I cant even afford a "ra" tech for my little force let alone a shop.

This way we can kinda create our own little community where we can find stuff, sombody like me who cant play much and at a low level can get alot of help from you guys that are above me

bleyzwun
Nov 7, 2006, 07:42 AM
Most of the time I have stuff up real cheap. It's funny tho cuz stuff takes forever to sell. I go and check other shops for stuff which are priced over the damn NPCs! You would think I would have more customers lol. Then again it could be the fact that I dont have the greatest stuff in my shop. Check me out tho if u want some cheap lowbie weaps and some synthing mats =P. Eno Kayser

Mitz
Nov 7, 2006, 07:53 AM
This topic is going to end up bad when people complain they aren't listed ,etc. I can predict a heavy flamewar. Really, just drop the idea.