PDA

View Full Version : What the Luck!?!?!?

Camdino
Nov 6, 2006, 12:23 PM
Looking back humans are getting screwed in the luck department. What is up with human males only have a 2 luck day the first day and crap since while the human female has only had two 1 luck days period. Anybody know why there is no luv for the poor fragile humans?

Elleranda
Nov 6, 2006, 12:24 PM
Maybe it's simply random.

Ryogen
Nov 6, 2006, 12:26 PM
Don't know. I don't think I need luck. It would be good to have it, but it's not like I rely on luck to get what I really want. My dad never needed luck if he got 2 feathers, 6 Florsent Bulbs, and uncommon rares in first running of the Fight for Food C mission. Although yeah, we are getting no luck. It's cool with me though.

Camdino
Nov 6, 2006, 12:27 PM
I could look at it as luck but every other class has had 4 or more lucky days some Very lucky days just doenst seem all that random.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Camdino on 2006-11-06 09:28 ]</font>

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 6, 2006, 12:29 PM
Beast males seem to be luckiest? Ive had 2 3 luck days, i think probly 2 2 luck days and like 3 1 luck days

Camdino
Nov 6, 2006, 12:31 PM
Both Beast M and Newman M have both been very lucky

Dhylec
Nov 6, 2006, 12:32 PM
Humans seem to be not very lucky lately, but I think that will change if the system is random.

Phreaker
Nov 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
For what it's worth I found a 7* dagger board Creazashi (A rank) yesterday when I had 0 luck (Newman Female). From what I can tell they are very rare at the moment. I am not sure how much luck, or lack of luck, affects what drops. From experience I would think it does have an impact on successfully upgrading weapons though!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phreaker on 2006-11-06 09:39 ]</font>

Zakuro
Nov 6, 2006, 12:40 PM
The bad thing about randoming systems is they tend to have streaks at times. There is just as good of a chance they'll be picked each day as anyone else despite how many times they've had luck already. Over time it should balance out better as the game is fairly new so one streak can make certain combos seem more likely to get luck than they really are.

Thrash777
Nov 6, 2006, 12:44 PM
On 2006-11-06 09:38, Phreaker wrote:
For what it's worth I found a 7* dagger board Creazashi (A rank) yesterday when I had 0 luck (Newman Female).

You do know that that is indeed a very rare weapon (one of the "Claire" weapons) and is mostly likely quite powerful!?

Nayte
Nov 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
Would be pretty funny if luck patterns were already set and are just rotated one after the other.

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 12:52 PM
People have already tried to find a pattern using the history of jp luck and have failed. I say it's probably just random.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 6, 2006, 12:53 PM
that would mean they really are trying to screw humans. My main is a Human male. I'm unlucky as it is. having no ingame luck just makes it that much worse!

On 2006-11-06 09:49, Nayte wrote:
Would be pretty funny if luck patterns were already set and are just rotated one after the other.

Camdino
Nov 6, 2006, 12:54 PM
Ya! I would have to give up my lvl 28 and start a new! .... And that is how the human luck goes! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nayte
Nov 6, 2006, 01:02 PM
If they are trying to screw humans, maybe they want people to play other races? or try new races e.g. Beast. I doubt they would intentionally do that though.

jarek99
Nov 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
Luck is useless. I find all my rappies and relic edges with no luck at all. Whenever someone with full luck runs our parties, we never get the good stuff.

Camdino
Nov 6, 2006, 01:08 PM
Ya, I wasn't so much worried about drops its more about the successful Synth and grinding. would be nice if I didn't have to crap my pants every time I grind above 4.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Camdino on 2006-11-06 10:08 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 6, 2006, 01:13 PM
As for 'Claire/Crea' weapons, they are NOT powerful, in fact they are as strong as C-rank weapons of that type. They just have a special effect that increases the number of enemies their attacks can hit at one time.

AquaFlare7
Nov 6, 2006, 01:19 PM
A truly random system would look very nonrandom as this does. If you saw roughly the same amount of luck distribution over time then one could say that someone is allocating numbers manually. Although statistics show the probability of a quarter flipping heads 50% of the time I dare you to flip that quarter 30 times and try to get 15/15 from it.

Having said that, I agree that the luck system is a diabolical plot against humans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif