PDA

View Full Version : Players withholding rare drop info...

AlMcFly
Nov 6, 2006, 01:58 PM
I get everything I need out of this site usually but I've been noticing something lately.

Some players are far too concerned with showing off the "uber-rare" they found, rather then announcing where it has been found. I've even noticed that when people ask where it was dropped, the finders do not tell. Like it's some exclusive secret that only they will have the priviledge of farming. Uh, newsflash people: "EVERYBODY WILL KNOW EVENTUALLY", so what's the point really of not sharing the info?

If you need an example: "Midiline Board". Been seen in shops, yet everyone is all secretive on where it drops. I have deduced that it drops in A Rank Relics considering it's GRM and it's high leveled but it has neither been proven nor disproven.

Anyone else experiencing these same instances? ;P

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well, I'm not sure the reasoning specifically, be it lack of translators for the JP version information or the reason you point to, but I agree: very little info to be found here guidewise on rare find info and locations, synth materials needed now and in the future for certain items either now or when they become available, etc. I'm a bit surprised too. Probably give it some more time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-06 11:08 ]</font>

Bobkitty
Nov 6, 2006, 02:06 PM
TBH I found a midiline board in a shop for 25k so I just snagged it there, instead of wasting a grande total of 45 nanocarbons on gigaline. Other than that I've only found the twin crea sabers, which I made and put on display in my shop long ago. I tell everyone where I found it though (forrested islands B). I'm even telling you now, thoug hI plan on going and putting on for sale for roughly 350k.. 'Crea' weapons judging from JP screens, cost around 500k in stores so.. it seems fair.

AlMcFly
Nov 6, 2006, 02:16 PM
Cool cool, after reviewing the first post I made, I can see it sounded rather "attackish". Lol, I'm really not mad or anything, I just know that eventually we all will know these locations, so sooner is rather than later. Thanks for the info! ;P

VoidAbsolute
Nov 6, 2006, 02:34 PM
Lol, i've noticed people hogging rare locations as well. Why? because they want to make big bucks in their shops if few people know where to find these items. 500k for crea weapons, well I guess its a good thing casts like me can't use them lol

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 02:35 PM
No worries. It honestly is probably just taking time to update those areas of this site. Maybe there were fewer importers that generally did that kind of thing during PSO days. Who's to say really. Many would point us to PSUPedia, but that site very rarely works for me - and it itself lacks a lot of detailed info.

Best bet is if you have a specific item inquiry to ask directly in a topic. Good community here. Usually get an answer pretty fast.

Nayte
Nov 6, 2006, 02:35 PM
I can see where you're coming from. Some people are just attention seekers

Cross
Nov 6, 2006, 02:38 PM
For the record, I'm fairly sure that Midiline boards can drop from either boxes in A-Rank Linear Line 1, or from A-Rank De Ragan, going by the JP wiki.

FrogKicker
Nov 6, 2006, 02:45 PM
[B] Crea Blade <---Also drops on B Rank dragon runs. Found one yesterday from a piggy.

B Rank not A rank...my bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FrogKicker on 2006-11-06 11:49 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 6, 2006, 02:45 PM
It's sad, but player-based economies tend to make people act irrationally.

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-11-06 11:38, Cross wrote:
For the record, I'm fairly sure that Midiline boards can drop from either boxes in A-Rank Linear Line 1, or from A-Rank De Ragan, going by the JP wiki.

What's the JP Wiki site address?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
On 2006-11-06 11:06, Bobkitty wrote:
TBH I found a midiline board in a shop for 25k so I just snagged it there, instead of wasting a grande total of 45 nanocarbons on gigaline. Other than that I've only found the twin crea sabers, which I made and put on display in my shop long ago. I tell everyone where I found it though (forrested islands B). I'm even telling you now, thoug hI plan on going and putting on for sale for roughly 350k.. 'Crea' weapons judging from JP screens, cost around 500k in stores so.. it seems fair.

LOL, more like 50K. Hahaha.

I bought a fricking Twin Saber board for 5K on JP. Last month. You seriously think they are still worth a fortune?

Kerik
Nov 6, 2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah, player-made economies tend to be filled with greedy people. Luckily though, there are a lot of people who will work with you.