PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Armorsmithing service!

Parn
Nov 6, 2006, 06:30 PM
Edit: I am officially stopping this service due to my choice to get rid of my 440 PM in favor of a 420 when the PM zero item is released on the next patch. Any folks who had their synths fail and still want to give it another shot are welcome to try once again since you're still entitled to additional tries, though it's recommended to do so before patch day. I'm leaving the rest of the post unedited for archiving's sake.

My partner machine Azel is 100 Armor, and I'm willing to put her to work for the community. If you're in need of armor synthing on the PS2/PC servers and don't have the partner machine to make it work, then look no further! Below are some details:

What is required?
You must supply the board and all materials necessary to make the armor.

What does it cost me?
Nothing! I am not charging you anything for this. However, donations are more than welcome if you are feeling generous.

What happens if the synth fails?
Well, unfortunately this means that you have to supply me with materials if you want to try again. I cannot be held responsible for failed synths. My PM having 100 armor improves the chances of a successful synth, but does not guarantee success.

How can I trust you to not steal my stuff?
Well, for starters, I've been in the PSOW community since early 2001 when Phantasy Star Online first came out, and I'm a member of a lot of online communities apart from this one. I've got a reputation for honesty and reliability, and I have no intention of losing that for the sake of videogame items. Rest assured, I will not cheat you out of your stuff.

So what's in it for you?
As I mentioned before, donations are welcome, but basically what I'd get out of this are any remaining synth chances left on a board for my own use if a board hasn't expired.

Are there any restrictions?
If an armor is synthed successfully, you may not try to make another on the same board for the purpose of profiting. If you want to make another armor, you must provide a seperate board. Also, I will only craft 4* armor and higher.

How do I contact you?
Post in this thread that you're interested and we can arrange a time and place to meet. If you already have my partner card, you can make arrangements in the game as an alternative. I am usually on from 7 PM to 10 PM EST on weekdays, random times on weekends. I also check this thread once before I log onto the game and once after I log off the game, so leave messages here so it'll keep this thread bumped for exposure.

List of Armor Synths To Date (Success/Attempts)
Myself: Megaline (1/2), Gigaline (0/1)
Remedy: Gi-Senba (1/1)
Kamin: Midiline (0/1)
Miao: Gigaline (1/1)
Dein: Gigaline (1/1)
Izurei: Midiline (0/1)
DiosGX: Gigaline (0/1)
Toasty: Gigaline (1/1)
Orkidea: Megaline (1/1)
Tasuke: Megaline (1/1)
Arionos: Zeetline (1/1)
Kitsune: Gigaline (1/1)
Blank: Gi-Senba (1/2)
Rizen: Midiline (0/1)
Krupp: Gigaline (1/1)
Tomeeboy: Rabol Patte (1/2)
Setsuna: Midiline (1/1)
Dierde: Hoza-Senba (0/1)
Micah: Gigaline (0/1)
Rikou: Megaline (1/1)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-11-27 16:27 ]</font>

Miao
Nov 8, 2006, 05:39 PM
Already sent you a pm but I'll bump this for ya!

Anytime or place is fine with me!

Parn
Nov 8, 2006, 06:42 PM
How about tomorrow evening, my room at 8 PM EST? If you don't have my card, you can find my room through the shop search... just do a search for Parn.

Para
Nov 8, 2006, 06:50 PM
Curious... with your PM at 100 armour and 4th level evolution, could you give a list of synth chances based on *s?

Miao
Nov 8, 2006, 07:49 PM
No shop named parn

Parn
Nov 8, 2006, 08:50 PM
....how is that even possible... I have my character name in my shop ad, and I definitely have a shop running... maybe do a search for PSOW as well, I have that in my ad too... perhaps we should just meet up at the drink stand outside the GRM shop on Universe 15 at 8 PM EST tomorrow evening.

As far as armor synthing goes, I have a 56% chance on 5* armor and 53% chance on 6* armor. Individuals with non armor PMs generally seem to be in the 37% range or thereabouts from what I hear. It's risky, but that seems to go with synthing just about anything, heh.

Miao
Nov 8, 2006, 08:52 PM
It's showing up now, wasn't the last few hours that I've checked o_o;

Parn
Nov 8, 2006, 08:54 PM
That's so... odd. I really think Sega needs to investigate the shop search function...

SailorDaravon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:21 PM
Shop search function is totally broken half the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dein
Nov 8, 2006, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to make my own Gigaline again for the 2nd time tonight. If it fails (41% chance success) I'll look you up parn after I get more carbons.

Edit: Just failed AGAIN but I managed to get everything needed for another go plus a board. I'm not sure what your times are but I can try to meet you tomorrow in the afternoon or later at night if needed. Think I'll be at work till 10 pm est at the least though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dein on 2006-11-08 23:17 ]</font>

Eroica
Nov 9, 2006, 02:40 PM
I have a Gi-Senba I would like smithed. You willing to Help?

Remedy
Nov 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
Parn successfully synthed my Gi-senba first-shot. It was a very quick process, and he was so nice about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My Gi-senba's a lifesaver on Neudaiz, and any further armor projects I have are going to him. You'd be dumb not to do so as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Parn
Nov 9, 2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback Remedy, I appreciate it!

BTW Dein and Eroica, I'd be happy to help out. I'll be outside the GRM shop on Parum in Universe 15 tonight around 8 PM EST to meet with Miao, and will be in my room probably 10-15 minutes after that to start up any armor synths. If you can't make it tonight, then we can try again tomorrow evening at around the same time and same place, unless we run into each other earlier.

Dein
Nov 9, 2006, 05:38 PM
I'll try to drop by your shop sometime tonight or tomorrow. Unfortunately I have work from 6pm till 9 (cst) or later until Saturday so I'd have to find you earlier in the day if you can't be on a little later at night.

Miao
Nov 10, 2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks parn! First try synth!
<3<3<333333

Parn
Nov 10, 2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks again for the donation, I really appreciate it. I'm glad it worked the first try, because I get to deliver good news!

Dein, I'll be on at random times tomorrow. Several folks have my card, so you may be able to get through to me if you ask around on Universe 15.

Dein
Nov 10, 2006, 10:39 PM
Actually, how does monday at 8pm est sound to you? I'm going to try and gather more sets of materials in that time for a little insurance. If you get an armor on the first try and still have leftover materials you can keep the spares to do with as you see fit.

Parn
Nov 11, 2006, 12:18 AM
That sounds good, I'll meet up with you then at the drink stand in Parum on Universe 15.

rurilused
Nov 12, 2006, 12:33 AM
Whats the success rate for a Gigaline on your PM ? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PaladinRPG
Nov 12, 2006, 12:41 AM
I might be interested in your help. But I need to save up for the board... and I think I'd like to make my own armor PM, too on my alt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SpishackCola
Nov 12, 2006, 01:03 AM
If I had the 30 nanos I'd totally get you to synth me a gigaline.

Parn
Nov 12, 2006, 09:47 AM
Gigaline is a 5* armor, so it has a 56% chance of success on my partner machine. If you use regular photons, the chance will increase. As an example, normally megaline has a 70% chance of success on my partner machine. Using just photons with no element, the chances increased to 98%.

Some armors won't let you use different photons though, so make sure to check up on it first!

dogsout
Nov 13, 2006, 08:04 AM
Hi Parn, are you going to be around at all for the next five hours? If so I'd like to pop into your shop with the ingredients and board for a Gigaline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dogsout on 2006-11-13 05:04 ]</font>

Parn
Nov 13, 2006, 07:30 PM
On weekdays, I can only be online at certain times in the evening, and my internet connection's kinda flaky. It's best if you arrange a meeting time in advance and I'll try to be around.

KitsuneKing
Nov 14, 2006, 01:57 PM
i would also like to meet up with you aswell parn, but i'l try to drop by your shop and leave my card.

Dein
Nov 14, 2006, 08:01 PM
Parn, did you run into some connection issues? We spoke earlier but shortly after that you've been offline so I've been waiting until the time we set up yesterday to pick up the armor. I'm going to be hanging around in my room for the next hour or so checking on my game to see if you make it back on tonight. Send me a pm though if you can't and we can try to arrange another time.

Parn
Nov 15, 2006, 05:18 PM
My internet crashed hard yesterday and was down all evening and this morning. I just got back from work and it's working... barely. I've been disconnected from PSU twice upon trying to do anything, and it's pretty annoying. I'm going to keep trying, hopefully we'll run into each other shortly, and if we don't, we definitely should try to schedule a meeting time.

Kitsune, if you're still interested, you may want to arrange a specific time and place during evening hours for us to meet up.

Dein
Nov 15, 2006, 10:25 PM
Parn, I'm working evenings till sunday this week. I'm going in 6pm est each day till monday so maybe we can try to meet before then. If you can guess a time that you think should work for you I'll be on to meet you then.

KitsuneKing
Nov 15, 2006, 10:49 PM
sent you a pm parn, just tell me what time/date is good to meet.

Gazette
Nov 15, 2006, 11:08 PM
I've also sent you a pm, just let me know if you'll be able to do it and when to meet up.

PSObro
Nov 16, 2006, 09:45 AM
need you to make me a gi-senba,whenever is good for you.

Parn
Nov 16, 2006, 04:38 PM
Got in touch with Dein, and he now has his Gigaline. Thanks again Dein for the donation, it's appreciated!

Kitsune, Gazette, PSOBro, and anyone else who may be interested... I think a good meetup time would be this Saturday around say, 2 PM EST at the bar in Moatoob, Universe 15 (Moatoob gets unlocked tomorrow, woohoo)? My connection's a lot better on weekends, and I assume we'd all be off work at that time. Meeting up around then, it'd give ample time for the armor to synth, and then I'd be able to give you the results that same day.

Dein
Nov 16, 2006, 09:30 PM
Much appreciated Parn. Glad it worked out on your first try and it was a pleasure meeting you. I'll be sure to look you up when I find the next armor board.

KitsuneKing
Nov 16, 2006, 10:09 PM
ah.. i dont think i can make on saturday.. i have work from 9-3ish so.. will you be on around 5-6pm EST?

Parn
Nov 16, 2006, 10:16 PM
Alright, we'll have the meet-up time at 5 PM EST.

KitsuneKing
Nov 17, 2006, 02:44 PM
awesome, i should be able to make it then.

thanks parn <3

Parn
Nov 18, 2006, 11:42 AM
Toasty requested it in game, but I successfully synthed his Gigaline for him. I'm keeping an up-to-date list of synths on the first post if anyone's wondering.

Rizen
Nov 18, 2006, 11:50 AM
Parn's got my service! I hope the Midiline goes through on the attempt ><

Parn
Nov 18, 2006, 05:56 PM
Orkidea and Tasuke's megaline synths were both successful, and they've been added to the list. Thanks for the donation, Orkidea!

Parn
Nov 18, 2006, 09:06 PM
Progress update: Kitsune's Gigaline and Arionos' Zeetline synths were successful. Unfortunately, the Gi-Senba turned out as an expensive monomate, but another attempt is in the works.

Thanks again for the donation, Kitsune!

Remedy
Nov 19, 2006, 12:13 AM
I like the list. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And my Gi-senba was totally the first Azel-synthed line done for someone outside of Parn's own use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Done before this topic was made, too. *nod*

(Yes, this is a terribly disguised bump)

PSObro
Nov 19, 2006, 12:21 AM
good work man,ill be asking you again once i get another character setup. *thumbs up*

Parn
Nov 19, 2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the kind words, and thanks again for the donation, bro. Second time was a charm!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 19, 2006, 05:22 AM
Sent you PM waiting for you to get back with me on the Mats for the Gi-Senba I think I have them all

Parn
Nov 19, 2006, 08:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/568/board_gi_senba/

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 19, 2006, 06:18 PM
oh I was searching for the item not the board, makes sense.

I have a Hoza-Senba ready for you, and if it fails then when I get enough $$$ I can try the Gi-Senba as a backup.

Parn
Nov 19, 2006, 07:04 PM
Alright, we can meet up tomorrow evening at say, 8 PM EST?

Krupp
Nov 19, 2006, 11:59 PM
I'd like to have a gigaline made please! I already have your card so maybe we can meet up next time I see you on, is that alright? Thanks!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 12:17 AM
8 pm that should work for me! I get ready for work at about 9pm so I am free then. Where will we meet?

Parn
Nov 20, 2006, 08:45 PM
I'm having serious connection problems and can't even stay logged into the game. I'd like to postpone this meet-up until Wednesday evening, 8 PM EST, in Gawik's Bar on Moatoob on Universe 15.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 21, 2006, 12:05 AM
wedsday, thats... I think tonight when i get off work lol.

sounds good I totally forgot about our meeting and was alseep anyways because I was at work all night (9pm to 8am) then watched my son all day from 8am when I got hom to 6pm when my wife got home, so I passed out and got a 2 hour nap for work.

edit: nope its tuesday tonight... thats ok more time to try to hunt cheaper ortacarbons so I dont have to NPC them all. I am setting my alarm on my phone for wedsday night, I start getting ready for work about 9pm est so I wont be able to pick it up that night but we can get the mat exchange done at 8.

Hmm wow my phone is perfect for this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif on the calender can go to a date, set the event, how long it will be, where its at, and set an alarm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif @ 7:30 on wedsday my phone will tell me to meet you see you then Parn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-20 21:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-20 21:15 ]</font>

Carbinne
Nov 21, 2006, 05:21 AM
HEY PARN CAN U MAK ME A 1 STAR LIGHTLINE WIT 50 PERCENT DARK??? U CAN PICK UP THE MATS FOR LIKE 99 CENTS SO I WILL PAY WHEN YOU MAKE 1!!!11one MEGID MAKES ME SAD SO I WANT 2 C IF IT HELPS OK BYE!!!

(Actually I threw in a Lightline board into my PM for S&G and it turns out you can use any photon you want, and it needs like 1 nanosilica and 1 stupid mineral I can't remember... so I'm gunning for ANTI MEGID YES)

anmato145
Nov 21, 2006, 03:45 PM
Hey parn, I'm lv50 and i'm still using a megaline... What armor do you suggest? And i'll pay for it and wait in line like everyone else.

Parn
Nov 21, 2006, 05:35 PM
Gi-Senba and Gigaline seem to be the most popular at the moment, since they require only 15 nanocarbon instead of 30 like the 6* armors. Gigaline gives you fire element while Gi-Senba gives you ice. Both options are really good. If you bring the materials, I'll craft it for you (and hold off on any donations until the armor is actually made, heh).

Antagony
Nov 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
Haven't succeeded on any of those Midilines yet? Scary!

anmato145
Nov 21, 2006, 06:22 PM
When do you wanna set up a meet?

Parn
Nov 21, 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, that's the way the dice roll unfortunately. I'm getting kind of annoyed by every Midiline synth failing, in fact. Azel is going to get slapped if she keeps it up.

Also, the next meetup for armor synthing is happening at 8 PM EST on November 22nd (tomorrow) in Gawik's Pub on Moatoob, Universe 15. Bring your materials and armor board and I'll make the magic happen.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 22, 2006, 12:50 AM
Parn I just now noticed... today (Nov 22) is my B-Day lol so you cant fail my hoza-senba!

I didnt play today at all, had to catch up on sleep so that means the remaining 16 or so ortacarbons I need are going t be NPC bought, if you are going to be on earlier today at all let me know in a PM since I will be going to work at 9pm if I give you the stuff at 8 who knows how long till I see you next to get my monomate, er armor.

Krupp
Nov 22, 2006, 10:59 AM
Kk I'll be there parn. I should have your card.. if I have the right parn anyway lol.

Edit: Waiting at the meeting place now Parn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krupp on 2006-11-22 17:36 ]</font>

Parn
Nov 22, 2006, 09:02 PM
So, my internet wasn't cooperating and I couldn't login to the game, and so I missed my own scheduled meetup as a result.

NOT COOL.

I'm going to aim for another attempt tomorrow at 3 PM EST. If you guys are no longer interested or can't be there, I understand.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 22, 2006, 11:53 PM
dude that sucks BIG TIME, I had to work from 10pm to 8am, then watch my son from 8am to 6:30 pm while my wife was gone so I got NO sleep (and it was my birthday...) my only time to sleep is from 7 to 9 usually and I stayed up almost that whole time waiting for you, now I am at work again and when I get off tomarrow I have to go shoping for thanksgiving food, then go to the next city over for lunch, then come back for dinner.

Thats like 2 whole days no sleep. Not your fault obvously but it sucks none the less.

Off hand can you tell me the % of the hoza with an element, and the % with just plain photons so I can better choose how I want to make it?

Oh I also had to npc 1/2 the stuff for it, if I knew I had longer I could have shoped around more >.>

onami
Nov 23, 2006, 02:25 AM
If the percentages are the same for every 6* armor, with an element is 53%. Unfortunately, I can't check non-element since my Te-Senba board won't let me try a non-element. Good luck to you on your Hoza! I kinda gave up searching for the board and instead made myself a Te-Senba on my first try http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Might be more useful for me regardless since bows benefit from the arm slot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: onami on 2006-11-22 23:26 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 23, 2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah thats true, I wanted the extra slot for a PP regen item, wich I hope is part of the next patch.

My Gi-Senba failed, so the Hoza is my last hope.

Need parn to get in touch with me to work out a special time to meet as I will be busy all day tomarrow.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 24, 2006, 09:14 AM
Parn let me know when you will be on next, I should be on and off most of the day today and can probably meet up with you, same for saturday and earlier part of sunday.

Parn
Nov 24, 2006, 09:36 PM
BLARG. My internet was down all day yesterday and for almost the entire day today... I just got back online.

I'm tempted to put my service on temporary hiatus until December 15th (which is when I move away from my current temporary location where the internet sucks)... we'll try this one more, a meeting tomorrow evening at 7 PM EST. If my internet doesn't cooperate again, I'm going to stop my armorsmithing temporarily because it's pissing me off that I'm forcing you to wait around for me and I end up not being around because the internet just craps out whenever it feels like it.

Edit: Also edited my first post with two more armor synths that were successful. Good thing I ran into Tomeeboy 30 minutes before my internet died, or he would have had to wait two days...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-11-24 18:39 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 25, 2006, 09:19 AM
So tonight at 7? ok hope to see you then.

If your on earlier PM me on the forums I'll be sure to check once in awhile.

PaladinRPG
Nov 26, 2006, 12:44 AM
PM in your box Parn. I'd like to take you up on your offer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Nov 26, 2006, 09:33 AM
Alright, meet up at 5 PM EST in Gawik's Pub, Universe 15.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 26, 2006, 10:08 AM
Heh sorry for falling asleep last night for pick up, too bad you cant put stuff in a friends box.

I'll see you at 5 also and pick up my armor hopfully.

Krupp
Nov 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
I'd like to say Parn's service is really good and thanks for the gigaline! Success on first try!

PaladinRPG
Nov 26, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-11-26 06:33, Parn wrote:
Alright, meet up at 5 PM EST in Gawik's Pub, Universe 15.

I'll be there, hopefully. I also might be short a nanocarbon, but I'll farm a bit to see if I can fix that little problem in the interim. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-11-26 11:45 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
Need a Megaline synthed, hope you dont mind me taking advantage of the meeting you already mentioned.

Parn
Nov 27, 2006, 08:10 PM
I am officially stopping this service due to my choice to get rid of my 440 PM in favor of a 420 when the PM zero item is released on the next patch. Any folks who had their synths fail and still want to give it another shot are welcome to try once again since you're still entitled to additional tries with your respective boards, though it's recommended to do so before patch day. I'm leaving the rest of the post unedited for archiving's sake.

Edited the first post to reflect the latest results and also put this message at the beginning.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 12:50 AM
Hmm why not raise a PM on a diffrent char rather than undo all the work you put into this one already? (unless its just for taking the 420 into battle)

I raisded the 410 on my Fo just for that reason and am slowly raising a Tech PM on my alt. 15/100 Tech so far....

Sad my 410 has 80 striking 20 Tech and is beating my pure Tech build and it was done in like 4 days.

Arika
Nov 28, 2006, 05:42 AM
So, you stop it now or wait til get PM zero item?
I'm going my PM to pure tech , so I can't synthesis "Ageha-senba" which have lower than 50% success rate , and I have to use all my money for synthesis it. Could you help me?

PaladinRPG
Nov 28, 2006, 06:38 AM
Parn, are you able to give me another try this week? I've got the items together again. I can only come on after 12 EST though due to my job.

Parn
Nov 28, 2006, 05:52 PM
Alright, I'm going to hold off on releveling my PM until I resolve any last few attempts to synth armor. I will be in Gawik's Pub at 8 PM EST in Universe 15 each evening starting Wednesday night and ending on Saturday night. On Saturday, I will be on at various times so if you already have my card, you can arrange to meetup with me to get things addressed beforehand. That kind of applies to any time I'm on, but I'm on a lot more on weekends.

After Saturday evening, that really is it. Heh.

RussInDaHill
Nov 30, 2006, 02:59 AM
PLEASE I HAVE A RABOL TERO BOARD...I NEED IT DONE

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 03:10 PM
I may give the Hoza Senba another shot.... since the update didnt come looks like possibly two more weeks before I can buy armor at the NPC.