PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, I'm a Lazy Lurker ...

tekwrx
Nov 6, 2006, 07:00 PM
hello there.

sorry my first post has to be questions i'm sure frequent this site on a regular basis but i couldn't find the answers i'm looking for through the search, so i decided to start a new topic.

first off i want to get this game for the pc. will i be able to play with people in both american and japanese servers? also, can i play with other platforms (ex. xbox 360 players)?

does anyone here use a controller instead of the mouse and keyboard set up? i have a playstation controller converter i want to use so will that work out? or is the mouse and keyboard set up not that bad?

if my computer can run world of warcraft well. will i have a problem with this game?

i'm sure i can find the retail price for the pc version of this game and monthly charge but if you want to throw that in too i'd appriciate it!

thanks for reading. and, thanks in advance for any help. take care.

AeraLure
Nov 6, 2006, 07:06 PM
PC connects to PS2 only and US player base only, unfortunately. Different release schedule content-wise from Japan for the PC/PS2.

I use a controller along with the keyboard for the PC and find it great. Default controller settings work well enough. PC version doesnt actually use the mouse. If you dont use a controller it would all be keystrokes. Its not so bad - a friend uses it that way - but I really liek the gamepad/keyboard setup myself.

You can probably run it. Check the specs on the official site or the box, but I would say sure, you can. There is a sticky in the tech section here on these forums that I believe has the actual requirements.

Retail should be 49.99 and a 6-month plan (with one month free) is also 49.99, else its 9.99 a month (I am on the 7-month thing - I believe that 9.99/mo quote to be correct, but its about that).

Have fun and.. see you soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DrewSeleski
Nov 6, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-11-06 16:00, tekwrx wrote:
hello there.

sorry my first post has to be questions i'm sure frequent this site on a regular basis but i couldn't find the answers i'm looking for through the search, so i decided to start a new topic.

first off i want to get this game for the pc. will i be able to play with people in both american and japanese servers? also, can i play with other platforms (ex. xbox 360 players)?

does anyone here use a controller instead of the mouse and keyboard set up? i have a playstation controller converter i want to use so will that work out? or is the mouse and keyboard set up not that bad?

if my computer can run world of warcraft well. will i have a problem with this game?

i'm sure i can find the retail price for the pc version of this game and monthly charge but if you want to throw that in too i'd appriciate it!

thanks for reading. and, thanks in advance for any help. take care.

PC can only play with other pc users and ps2 users in one of two areas. Japan is the first one the other is North America and Europe. Using a controller for the pc version comes HIGHLY reccomended from me. Most of WoW's specs are higher or the same as PSU with the exception of video card. PSU requires a video card equivalent of geforce 4 while WoW requires only a Geforce 2. That is based on official listing though rather than what is actually able to play the game. Retail price in America is $50 and monthly fee is $8.

tekwrx
Nov 6, 2006, 07:14 PM
thank you AeraLure and DrewSeleski for your quick, helpful and friendly replies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ri0T
Nov 6, 2006, 07:17 PM
Using a PS2-ish PC Gamepad works really well. The keyboard setup has some issues with strafing. It feels very natural playing with the pad. PSU also supports rumble and all that frilliness. XD

tekwrx
Nov 6, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-11-06 16:17, Ri0T wrote:
Using a PS2-ish PC Gamepad works really well. The keyboard setup has some issues with strafing. It feels very natural playing with the pad. PSU also supports rumble and all that frilliness. XD

nice! i'm excited!