PDA

View Full Version : Rare Item Synthesis Failures

mananas
Nov 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
Last night my Fluorescent Bulb synth failed... Even though it looks awful, I mean... it's disheartening. I'm scared to find the components for rarer items later on... how do you guys feel about this? After my synth failed I realized how ridiculous it is. I love synthing, and I like the fact that it has the possibility of failing, but not for rare items. If I was lucky enough to manage to find the components, why shouldn't that be enough?

Guilty-Mirage
Nov 6, 2006, 10:53 PM
There's not much luck involved.

Farm for an hour and you can buy all the parts.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 6, 2006, 10:55 PM
no luck involved, other then luck D=

Pandatron
Nov 6, 2006, 11:01 PM
Anyone here ever play Ragnarok Online. Every remembers how that system works right. If so then this shouldn't be a problem. Right now it is because the overall amount of materials, necessary boards, and so forth are scare and few. Though once the economy builds up a bit more stablily then it shouldn't be a problem.

Side note i do believe this is a bit much rougher than RO. RO you just had to hunt something with a low drop. Then upgrade the item to a suitable number praying it doesn't break after it's safe limit. After which locating the card for the item of the equip with an even lower drop and placing it in the item. We just have to worry about gathering the materials, finding the board actually making the item and upgrading it ^_^;;;.

Reeve
Nov 6, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-11-06 19:43, mananas wrote:
Last night my Fluorescent Bulb synth failed... Even though it looks awful, I mean... it's disheartening. I'm scared to find the components for rarer items later on... how do you guys feel about this? After my synth failed I realized how ridiculous it is. I love synthing, and I like the fact that it has the possibility of failing, but not for rare items. If I was lucky enough to manage to find the components, why shouldn't that be enough?

this is even more for a reason to raise your PM accordingly, the system is good as it is

i have spent maybe 150k on my PM so far buying cheap melee weapons(as well as stuff i found that i didnt have to buy) are you saying its fair your chance to craft a rare weapon should be the same as mine when i have invested so much into it?

AkiraXxx
Nov 6, 2006, 11:17 PM
In all honesty, the hell to failing rare boards. Ctrl Alt Del for the WIN!

Wallin
Nov 7, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-11-06 20:17, AkiraXxx wrote:

...is that serious?? o.O

Candor
Nov 7, 2006, 01:36 AM
Does the PMs level actually affect the % on rare weapons? I synth'd my Fluorecent Bulb when my PM was lv 1 with a 51% chance. just got a second board tonight bought the circuit and went to synth. It was still a 51% chance with my PM at 29 strk and she's a 420 (it failed BTW). I noticed other weapon success rates went up, any ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-11-06 22:37 ]</font>

mananas
Nov 7, 2006, 01:40 AM
Having a high level PM doesn't mean it will never fail... And I have more to buy than rare item boards and parts. I like to take what I'm given, but I'll probably end up buying stuff later on.

Wallin
Nov 7, 2006, 02:05 AM
Supposedly for PMs, the success increases by 1% per 5 levels.

And no, there is no bonus for having a pure PM like I heard a rumor about somewhere before.

Reeve
Nov 7, 2006, 06:01 AM
On 2006-11-06 23:05, Wallin wrote:
And no, there is no bonus for having a pure PM like I heard a rumor about somewhere before.

well there is a bonus just not an extra bonus a pure striking will still synth weapons better than a 80striking/20mind PM. i know i will only synth weapons in this game which is why i went for a pure striking PM (i get it to lv100 today,woot!!)

Rider
Nov 7, 2006, 06:06 AM
How much of a difference does striking make to synthing melee weapons?

JaireLiay
Nov 7, 2006, 09:22 AM
Eh. I've had no real problems. I've failed bastara's, but got 3/3 durandals. Im also 2/2 on Flourecent bulbs. My PM is only Lv16 or so.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
No luck involved with synths, and from what I hear avoid a day where you have ANY sort or shinies. People break synths and get no rares at all on days they have full blown luck. What an odd luck this is. >.>

My Twin Crea Sabers have an 80% success rate, but i'm gonna wait for my lucky day because that day has been good to me... but that's just me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-07 07:23 ]</font>

farplaner
Nov 7, 2006, 10:28 AM
I failed a Gigaline the other day, and it...hurts (55%). Luckily the 2nd synth was successful.

I haven't been able to find enough nanocarbon to try a 3rd time tho.

Thrash777
Nov 7, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-11-06 20:17, AkiraXxx wrote:

Haven't they put a system in that decides whether it succeeds or not when you START to synth it, and you have to wait until it FINISHES before you find out? Thus screwing you over and preventing people from resetting/closing the game if it fails and starting it up again to try again...

Genobee
Nov 7, 2006, 12:14 PM
I failed a rappy figure synth...I thought lvl 2 luck amd 66% it would succeed...

Ri0T
Nov 7, 2006, 12:20 PM
You're told beforehand your success rate. If you think it's too low, you need to train your PM. The market would get flooded with rares if every newb was able to just loot the items and make it with a 100% success rate. That's my take on the subject, anyway.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 7, 2006, 12:22 PM
Whoever said luck doesn't matter with synthing is wrong...2 days ago I had 3 luck and with 59% i went 3/3 durandals, and 3/3 caliburs. Had to be the luck.

Genobee
Nov 7, 2006, 12:27 PM
lvl 3 luck makes a big diffrence i don't care what any one says.