PDA

View Full Version : Male Newman Wartecher: because I hate myself.

Gamemako
Nov 7, 2006, 12:47 AM
Obviously this is going to make quite possibly the pinnacle of uselessness, but hey, I do things because I enjoy them, not because I think they'll make me... how do you call it... 1337? I mean, I was an old HUnewearl in PSO (and I used mechguns and big swords). I enjoyed myself, so I'm creating something similar for PSU.

Does anybody else here create characters to enjoy them, or is everybody just so damn caught up in the race to be "the best" (i.e. loser with no life) that they all make fortefighter beasts?

Let's have a show of hands for the people who made the characters they really wanted to make.

Pandatron
Nov 7, 2006, 12:51 AM
I play my character to enjoy them personally. I mean i don't get any fun out of being on top. I mean seriously those guys that climb the top of mount everest is there really anything else they can do to top that... not really so there left with nothing but short term gratification and long term enjoyment of knowing they were there.

I mean if i didn't enjoy my character or avatar for this forum. Would i note emote my profit dance (the shaking one for the male) and have this mentally retarded siggy... i think not ^_^;.

Kie
Nov 7, 2006, 12:52 AM
*raises hand* in pso I loved being a force so im a force in PSU force FTW

AeraLure
Nov 7, 2006, 12:53 AM
Hey, HUnewarls in PSO were great. I had several of them. Loved them. I didnt think they were the pinnacle of uselessness, but yeah, they werent HUmars. They were better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

All of my characters here in PSU are simply what I want them to be, not mathematically calculated to output the highest DPS. About the only thing I have pondered and planned for a moment was which one would get what PM and, due to my changing them in mid-stream (but thankfully very early) none will be 100% pure either, but very close. Shrugs. Its a game. Have fun with it and do what you want.

Pontifus
Nov 7, 2006, 12:54 AM
I don't care if people don't like the purple clothes and killer fro on my character. I don't care if they think he's a gimp Ranger because he isn't Cast or Newman. Hell, I don't even care whether or not they get the extremely vague film reference in the name, cause, baby, I'm Dr. Montalban.

And now that I finished story mode (like 10 minutes ago), I can get higher than level 6 on network mode! You people in the 40s are absolutely crazy...I envy your free time, but you're still crazy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pontifus on 2006-11-06 21:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pontifus on 2006-11-06 21:56 ]</font>

Candor
Nov 7, 2006, 12:59 AM
I create characters for fun, their racial traits have no bearing on what class they are, currently i have a beast going to be a figunner, and a newman who will be a fortetecher. So far i love my beast, and anyone who thinks that i'm "gimp" for wanting to use guns doesn't deserve to play with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KirinDave
Nov 7, 2006, 01:28 AM
Newman Hunters are underrated. Don't worry. Have fun.

DarkSeph
Nov 7, 2006, 02:23 AM
I basically created the character I wanted but at around level 20 I realized there was another character I would have been even More satisfied playing with (because of her looks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) so now I have been deciding if I should restart with that other character because I will enjoy playing more with her (visually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) or should I just stick with the Chick I have **HMmmmm**

....Typical guy attitude I know....so for now I'll just continue playing with the chick I have until I make a decision either way.

Kura-X
Nov 7, 2006, 03:29 AM
Ramarl for life.

except I'm a RaNewearl...which is virtually the same as a Ramarl but with pointy ears.

StillOffline
Nov 7, 2006, 03:57 AM
yeah im looking forward to having mechs as my primary weapon again, even if they arent as dominating as they were in pso. ill be sitting pretty with a wand in one hand healing and buffing and a good mech in the other, i just hope they make ones similar to the yaskminov's, i never did find my 9000m's in PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reeve
Nov 7, 2006, 04:06 AM
On 2006-11-06 21:47, Gamemako wrote:
Does anybody else here create characters to enjoy them, or is everybody just so damn caught up in the race to be "the best" (i.e. loser with no life) that they all make fortefighter beasts?

some people enjoy thier game that way why do you judge them, personally i have a cast hunter, im not entirely sure but it looks like i will be a figunner the best thing about cast is aslong as you dont become a force theres no wrong way to go in terms of stats (oh yes,i notice them so sue me).

i could have just have easily made a beast one instead but i prefer casts and the difference between the races stats isnt exactly huge

you dont represent the views of everyone and ive noticed a lot of prejudice and hate towards the more hardcore players in PSU on here its their own damn life just leave them alone

hypersaxon
Nov 7, 2006, 06:02 AM
Eh, I tried to break from the mold but ended up sticking to a Hunter Beast, a Ranger Cast, and Newman Force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif why fight the urge?

At least I made a female Cast instead of a male, RAcaseals are hotties now lol

Ocin
Nov 7, 2006, 06:10 AM
I'm a Human Hunter right now. If what I hear is correct, and that there are "subjobs" one can obtain, I am undoubtedly going to be a Hunter/Force. n.n

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 06:20 AM
FOcaseal, I think I've said enough.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 7, 2006, 07:07 AM
HUmar, RAnewearl, HUfur. Well, the HUfur is only because I think its interesting, not because I want to go along with the elitists.

Zarbolord
Nov 7, 2006, 07:25 AM
FOcaseal, I think I've said enough.

Guntecher cast... kinda smae thing... Not anything near what you could think of as a best thing...

kammera
Nov 7, 2006, 07:35 AM
I've always enjoyed mage type jobs so I picked force. I knew from playing final fantasy XI, that in order to play the job/class to its fulliest you usually have to pick the race designed for it or have a lot of money!! So I picked newman.....but I was planning on picking it anyway and thats just how I like to play the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sexy_Raine
Nov 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
Bah, the Hunewearl is dead, nobody uses a female newmans hunter. Out of many people I've seen online so far, I only met one newman hunter. They suck in this game, sadly, and derserve to be underused.

Cerulean
Nov 7, 2006, 09:15 AM
On 2006-11-06 21:47, Gamemako wrote:
Obviously this is going to make quite possibly the pinnacle of uselessness, but hey, I do things because I enjoy them, not because I think they'll make me... how do you call it... 1337? I mean, I was an old HUnewearl in PSO (and I used mechguns and big swords). I enjoyed myself, so I'm creating something similar for PSU.

Let's have a show of hands for the people who made the characters they really wanted to make.

*raises hand*

But... I play a beast huntress and will prolly go fortefighter... because... I want to.

However, it appears I'm a loser with no life. In fact, I'm a double loser, because unlike a lot of losers I'm not even lv20 yet (19 1/2 so far, though I did get the game a week later than most...).

I like Hu, always have. I also like playing a new race or class when they become available. That's why in GC I did recreate my belovéd HUnewearl, but started on RAmarl and then HUcaseal before making my GC HUne.

For the record, I love my beast (that sounds wrong somehow... <_<) and she will not only be a fortefighter, she'll be a wartecher one day too, and also a figunner. And prolly a bunch of others. I'm sticking with Maia all the way, so eventually she'll have just about every type mastered and every expert class opened.

That's the way I'm rolling in PSU.

RadiantLegend
Nov 7, 2006, 09:22 AM
I have so much love for my hunter cast.

Mikaga
Nov 7, 2006, 10:19 AM
*notices someone use the "fur" shortening for beasts and thinks about it*

HUfurreal?

*says that aloud and laughs*

---

For my part, I'm a Newman dude. I fully plan to go Wartecher, and always have. As a Newman Force when I get bored and bring out a pair of cruddy barely-ground C-Rank twin daggers and Renkai Buyou-Zan capped at level 1 I'm still out-meleeing most of the inept Hunters my level (30-35).

I can't see any problem being a Newman melee class when a notable chunk of the Beast and Human melees are sucking more through lack of skill than any Newman melee does by lack of stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2006-11-07 07:51 ]</font>

JoshisWHATSUP
Nov 7, 2006, 11:45 AM
Bah, I'm a Newman (Force, of course) for the first time (always Human/Cast in PSO) and I have to say.. it sucks lol. So little HP that most bosses (at lvl 23) 1-hit kill me lol. And I'm doing the same amounts of damage I was doing when I was lvl 5. But, I don't care, he's the most ballertastic character evaarr!!!

http://xs108.xs.to/xs108/06452/josh.jpg
And yes, he really is Newman, NOT BEAST! (EEVVERYBODY think's he's beast? WTF?!)

Mikaga
Nov 7, 2006, 12:29 PM
I get that a lot, too. "It's the ears", they always say.

wtf? The ears are nothing alike! Shouldn't that be the clue that us Newmen are not Beasts?

Sinue_v2
Nov 7, 2006, 01:26 PM
I should probably change my username to Nerf, because every single one of my characters are in jobs that they are techncially, racially, poor at.

Neika
F Numan
Hunter (Going to be a HU/FO eventually)

Arisa
F Cast
Force (Force/Ranger eventually)

Freyna
F Beast
Ranger (Pure RA)

I don't have a fourth character yet.

I've just always loved the underdog... makes me try harder in a team. In PSO I had a kick-ass little melee FOnewearl named Mana who was always right in the middle combat with her PanArm Blades tearing it up right next to the HUs. She actually did respectable damage - and being in the middle of the fray meant that my support casting ranges nearly always tagged their intended targets.

And yea, to the poster above me, Hugh did suck. He was introverted loser who never talked to anyone except for his plants and housepets. He was Kain's bitch the whole time. Hahn in PSIV is the Fonzie compaired to Hugh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-07 10:33 ]</font>

Kuya
Nov 7, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm going fortegunner when the expert classes come out. Yes, a complete waste of my TAP lol. I've also got a Human Force (to Fortecher) coming down the pipe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

klunka
Nov 7, 2006, 01:46 PM
You can argue what race is suited to what class till your blue in the face (and typically I do). At the end of the day all that matters is if you enjoy your character though.

I just like number crunching personally

Lnin0
Nov 7, 2006, 02:01 PM
I am gonna be a female beast wartecher once available. Leveled up on Hunter and now working on Force license. I wanted something like a rogue class but am starting to feel more like a paladin.

VanHalen
Nov 7, 2006, 02:26 PM
Ingnore me i've been talking about this for awhile now lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif im going to be a newman fortefighter

Gamemako
Nov 7, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-11-06 21:53, AeraLure wrote:
Hey, HUnewarls in PSO were great. I had several of them. Loved them. I didnt think they were the pinnacle of uselessness, but yeah, they werent HUmars. They were better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

All of my characters here in PSU are simply what I want them to be, not mathematically calculated to output the highest DPS. About the only thing I have pondered and planned for a moment was which one would get what PM and, due to my changing them in mid-stream (but thankfully very early) none will be 100% pure either, but very close. Shrugs. Its a game. Have fun with it and do what you want.

I was being sarcastic, really. My entire point is that too many people place too much emphasis on what's "good" in a pure PVM game instead of enjoying themselves. You see it everywhere: people bashing this and that race or class or race-class combination. You just have to wonder if playing is a chore rather than a delight for these people.

mech259_
Nov 7, 2006, 05:28 PM
I play a beast hunter. I guess that makes me an elitist now!

Musashi445
Nov 7, 2006, 05:38 PM
Uhh... I'm a loser who takes the easy way out apparently...

I have:

M Beast Hunter (ForteFighter planned) The sad cabbie!

M Newman Force (ForteTecher planned)

M Cast Ranger (ForteGunner planned)

Sorry >_<