PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Force hatin'

MayLee
Nov 7, 2006, 01:12 AM
This morning while I was in school and I just so happened to remember to visit PSOW-PSU Forums, lately I've seen nothing but rant about how much people think Forces are as good as useless. I think it is sad that some people don't understand that being a force, is really tough and if they are so useless, why depend on them for healing?

I think that Forces are an awsome class to be in, personally, I love to use magic and heal but it is pretty tough when you try to level up and such, I understand that in missions a Force lags behind because they have to worry about theit helth, their partner's health and your EXP and just staying alive, I think that some people don't give Forces enough credit.

Any opninions?

Ether
Nov 7, 2006, 01:18 AM
People that think forces are useless are retarded and need to try stages besides dragon/relics

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-11-06 22:18 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 7, 2006, 01:19 AM
Its tough, specially if you have hunters that are on top of thier game. They can really mow through things before the game adjust to people who remake and have 3-4star weapons at level 5. Once you get to B and A rank you'll be able to tag everything eventually and keep everything up before things start to die up. You will also be victim to "captain" or "king" class mobs 1shotting you.

Invisus
Nov 7, 2006, 01:23 AM
If forces are useless why do i see in raffon spamming "looking for force" all...day...long...

If forces are useless why do i hear "YAY A FORCE" everytime i join a group?

You just have bad luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif come to the dark side. we have pie and cookies(you supply milk)

SepiasSoul
Nov 7, 2006, 01:23 AM
I would never call a force useless. I depend on them. Without forces there to heal me, I would loose all my dungeon loot to di and trimates. I do think that these pure "offensive" forces are useless though. I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when a force refuses to heal, or just flat out doesn't have resta... I always do my best to let everyone get a good hit in though

SonicTMP
Nov 7, 2006, 01:28 AM
An awesome area for forces in the second mission in neudaiz. Fanatics in the grove. The robots tend to bounce hunters around alot due to them exploding and the tight quaters. So forces are needed for healing and are loved unconditionally there. THe robots can also take a decent beating even in C rank and are big targets giving forces good chances to tag them.

So forces are far from useless. And come the higher levels as others said, they will bve needed big time.

I'd like to note that the female forces make all sorts of odd sounds when they cast... O_O

MayLee
Nov 7, 2006, 01:29 AM
On 2006-11-06 22:23, Invisus wrote:
If forces are useless why do i see in raffon spamming "looking for force" all...day...long...

If forces are useless why do i hear "YAY A FORCE" everytime i join a group?

You just have bad luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif come to the dark side. we have pie and cookies(you supply milk)

*walks to the darkside bringing milk* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Maybe that's the arrogent, "Hunters are the best and that's all there is to it!" kind of people.
I hope when I get online, people will praise that a Force entered their party.

Invisus
Nov 7, 2006, 01:31 AM
my char name and gamertag are in the sig, look me up

MayLee
Nov 7, 2006, 01:32 AM
On 2006-11-06 22:28, SonicTMP wrote:

I'd like to note that the female forces make all sorts of odd sounds when they cast... O_O

Don't they?

I felt wrong when I was choosing my character's voice. "OH!" "Ooooooh" "Uuuh" o.o

SonicTMP
Nov 7, 2006, 01:34 AM
On 2006-11-06 22:32, MayLee wrote:

Don't they?

I felt wrong when I was choosing my character's voice. "OH!" "Ooooooh" "Uuuh" o.o

Makes ya wonder what if the spells give you a jolt of something when cast.

Kie
Nov 7, 2006, 01:40 AM
I dont know who you h ave been hearing forces are usless from XD cause im a force and allot of the time people like it when I join a party it is quite annoying when you cant get a hit on a monster b/c some hunter is runnign in there and trying ot attack but getting hit by everything making them need a heal and then like other hutners will come and kill everything in a flash.... thats only happend to me once XD

mananas
Nov 7, 2006, 01:42 AM
Someone today told me I was "awful" because I was in a large party of mostly hunters doing Raffon Meadow and only using my bow. No one was getting hurt so I didn't see the point in using spells, since the enemies were dying really quickly. He signed off before I could ask him what he meant... ass.

PMB960
Nov 7, 2006, 01:45 AM
I think Forces are the most powerful class if you know how to use them. You can easily do more damage per hit plus heal, and hopefully soon you can use shifta/deband or the equivalent. Most people just don't know how to dodge though and try to barrel in with a Force. That only work if you can easily handle the monsters, but if you are doing a tough mission you need to learn to stand back. People also say its harder to get exp, but thats what guns are for, just hit each one once and don't worry about it. They may not be as absurdly powerful as in PSO but they are still the most powerful in PSU.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 7, 2006, 02:07 AM
A good force makes his presence unknown.

The sad thing though, is that every force i've been with lately doesn't really do anything that a 6th hunter can't do. Sure they can heal, but with all the dimates dropping, and the fact that Hunters take crap for damage near the current level cap, there is almost no reason to bring them for Resta. As for their damage spells... meh.

I assume i'll need to bring one for S Rank when stuff starts barfing megid everywhere and hits harder than current A Rank mobs. Maybe.

When you guys get Shifta and Deband we'll talk. Until then it's whatever.

As for Hakura Temple A... sure I bring a couple because Dimates are scarce in that zone. I haven't been to Hakura Temple much outside of a pseudo static, but it was always painful because nobody every has elemental weapons or has gimped spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-06 23:19 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 7, 2006, 02:25 AM
That is why you have a ranger or two with plasma weapons making it so nothing can attack and forces do not have to worry about healing.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2006, 02:34 AM
I'd assume that you'd bring us for Fanatics because of Reverser more than anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Although I've noticed that people who play in "statics" tend to be far more arrogant and judgemental towards the game, so meh, I'm not even going to try to argue the point.

SonicTMP
Nov 7, 2006, 02:37 AM
On 2006-11-06 23:34, Remedy wrote:
I'd assume that you'd bring us for Fanatics because of Reverser more than anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ya know...i never get reverser during fanatics. Healed like crazy but I pretty much get to wander around going "ohh im on fire im on fire!"

Garnet_Moon
Nov 7, 2006, 02:39 AM
On 2006-11-06 23:37, SonicTMP wrote:

On 2006-11-06 23:34, Remedy wrote:

ya know...i never get reverser during fanatics. Healed like crazy but I pretty much get to wander around going "ohh im on fire im on fire!"

Personally I love running around on fire. It makes me feel like I have a flame garment on, and that is awesome. <3

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 7, 2006, 03:06 AM
I've been using a force as of late (planning to make a Wartecher), and I have to say, this is a really difficult class to play. Forces aren't great for doing damage; though they've got immense capacity to do a great deal of damage, those techs can be quite difficult to aim, especially with enemies jumping back and forth. Barta, for example, almost requires you to draw aggro to get a good hit, just so that if the enemy jumps back or forth, it won't screw you up. Casting times have also goofed me up quite a bit.

The free heals for the rest of the party can be invaluable to your party tactics, however. Resta, at least, is incredibly easy.

Still though, I'm rather anxious to get my Force level to level 5 so that I can change Meira over to a Hunter.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 7, 2006, 03:11 AM
Aiming as a force is already difficult with how random mobs can be, and then when you add in a Hunter who uses Twin Sabers you might as well just switch over to healbot. Because of this i've stopped using Twin Sabers exclusively. Now I used twin daggers. I still keep a pair of swords on hand in case I ever get the urge to pretend to be Lu Bu.

Kalier
Nov 7, 2006, 03:51 AM
my main is a force, alot of people love when i join groups although i mostly play with my friends(sadly i'm the only one in the group of friends that is a force).

i just think it's stupid that people EXPECT forces to heal. yes, we have heals. yes, they save you money. no, we can't heal you from across the room while you're in the middle of a group of enemies and getting hit. reason i mostly stick to my friends now is because people expect me to go heal them, then boot me from group if i accidentally die in 1 hit to something while i'm saving them ¬.¬

Pentence
Nov 7, 2006, 06:25 AM
On 2006-11-07 00:51, Kalier wrote:
my main is a force, alot of people love when i join groups although i mostly play with my friends(sadly i'm the only one in the group of friends that is a force).

i just think it's stupid that people EXPECT forces to heal. yes, we have heals. yes, they save you money. no, we can't heal you from across the room while you're in the middle of a group of enemies and getting hit. reason i mostly stick to my friends now is because people expect me to go heal them, then boot me from group if i accidentally die in 1 hit to something while i'm saving them ¬.¬

Amen to that i was hu lvl 3 and started on my Fo lvls when i joined a group after just geting resta nad some decent techs and equipment,i told them i was new to forceing as i had just switced and they booted me after i didnt heal them every 5 seconds when they barreled into mobs that decimated them while they swung their swords incrediably slowly at them.I couldnt understand why they didnt just do a good ol fasion "take a man" sicne there were literaly 5 hunters and me they didnt need to use their swords and they either didnt have or didnt use the PAs.It seems to me that alot of people think the force is their to act like a priest and just heal,they blame you for their foulups too liekone dude said "hey you let me die" to which i replied "i was busy not dieng myself".but once i had that happen a few times i just got blunt and started saying"HEY look people im not here to babysit so stay on your toes and come to ME if you need healing" that seemed to get the message across and ever since it hasnt been so bad.

BooChan
Nov 7, 2006, 08:11 AM
The role of a force is for support. If you don't plan on supporting that don't be a force. So far I've been with forces who don't mind healing when the team requires it. But then you get these noob forces who pick the class not knowing its responsibilities. They just see a class that can do uber damage when its techs are leveled up. We got too many noob force players choosing the force class based off of extra mode force vids from youtube. Force is considered an advanced class because you start out nerfed in terms of hit points and atp.
Forces are not supposed to be on the front lines but they are the quarterback of a good team. A good force can make a team of noob free for all hunters survive and look capable in difficult missions. The force class is not easy. So hunters need to be patient with low level and inexperienced forces.

Mystil
Nov 7, 2006, 08:26 AM
On 2006-11-06 23:07, Garnet_Moon wrote:
As for their damage spells... meh.

All you can say is "meh" for spell damage?

A lvl 10 force with Foie lvl10+ can out damage ME at my current level D:. It's nuts! Force 0wnZ.

And they save me money, lots of money. Spending a G on monos(dare I attempt to resupply dimates)is no fun.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 08:32 AM
Its extremely hard to be a Force in parties, because the enemies strafe so much at the hunters and rangers(sometimes) and its hard to hit them.

im remaking my Force when the update comes out, you should only stick to one element per force, there are so many per spell, and you get it up faster. sorry, cant be a master of the elements :/

Peace

Polenicus
Nov 7, 2006, 08:57 AM
Currently, forces are a bit hampered, because we haven't hit the really tough stuff yet.

Back in PSO, when we first hit Ultimate, we got a nasty wakeup call. Zerging with Hunters and Rangers got you beat all to ratshit. You NEEDED Shifta, deban, Jellen and Zalure to make decent time.

Hopefully spell damage and status effects will continue to be strong for forces, so they don't get relegated to Buff/Debuff/Heal whores, but trust me, once we get to the point where we really need those support spells, people will be PAYING for Forces in their parties.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 7, 2006, 08:58 AM
In PSO I played a ranger and hunter, and never a force. I wanted to make up for that in this game. Yes, were challenging to use (so newbs stay away), but we're far from useless. I've saved hunters many times because they forget to heal, or can't because they're surrounded by enemies. In the parties I've been in, people love me, I don't feel hated at all, I don't know if it's my looks or not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yoiyami
Nov 7, 2006, 10:21 AM
On 2006-11-07 05:11, BooChan wrote:
The role of a force is for support. If you don't plan on supporting that don't be a force.

Actually, if you read the job description, forces are allowed multiple roles. They can choose to support, or they can choose offense. They're perfectly capable of both roles and can do both effectively. No one has the right to tell a force what they think their role needs to be. They pay their $10 a month, they have a choice.

The only time I see someone complain and insist on a force healing is when they dart into a horde of monsters, get pummeled and have to use mate after mate because of their own sloppy tactics. I look at it like this. If you NEED a force to go out of their way and keep a constant eye on your HP, dart into that horde of monsters you ran into and heal you, then run back and try to do adequet damage to the monsters for exp and you have a crapload of mates at your disposal, you should be embaressed. You can't take care of yourself even though you're equipped to do so.

Running out of mates and needing backup is perfectly understandable. When I'm on my force and that happens to someone, I tell them to come to me for a heal anytime. That's teamwork. If a force refuses to do that, then it's safe to say that they aren't a team player. But don't put the responsibility of babysitting the party on the force and get angry when they say no. It's not fair to them to have to do so and if you're a good enough player, you shouldn't need to be babied in the first place. Having a force take care of you should always be the last resort.

So, no matter how you look at it, a force just can't be useless if played by someone that knows what they're doing. XD

Tahldon
Nov 7, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:21, Yoiyami wrote

Actually, if you read the job description, forces are allowed multiple roles. They can choose to support, or they can choose offense. They're perfectly capable of both roles and can do both effectively. No one has the right to tell a force what they think their role needs to be. They pay their $10 a month, they have a choice.

The only time I see someone complain and insist on a force healing is when they dart into a horde of monsters, get pummeled and have to use mate after mate because of their own sloppy tactics. I look at it like this. If you NEED a force to go out of their way and keep a constant eye on your HP, dart into that horde of monsters you ran into and heal you, then run back and try to do adequet damage to the monsters for exp and you have a crapload of mates at your disposal, you should be embaressed. You can't take care of yourself even though you're equipped to do so.

Running out of mates and needing backup is perfectly understandable. When I'm on my force and that happens to someone, I tell them to come to me for a heal anytime. That's teamwork. If a force refuses to do that, then it's safe to say that they aren't a team player. But don't put the responsibility of babysitting the party on the force and get angry when they say no. It's not fair to them to have to do so and if you're a good enough player, you shouldn't need to be babied in the first place. Having a force take care of you should always be the last resort.

So, no matter how you look at it, a force just can't be useless if played by someone that knows what they're doing. XD

I totally agree with this, though I find myself constantly going into support mode. Though you say that they should be embarrassed (They meaning Hunters in general) that's not always the case. There are lots of times though, when I wonder why I'm the only one who runs into a room flanking right to line the enemies up and slide a barta spell across the whole mob while everyone else runs straight in.

It drives me nuts when people charge Adahna Degahna straight on. The boss has killer attacks, running straight forwards is crazy. And when they stand in the big group of robots and get blown from robot to robot drives me up the wall. But that's the way everyone fights, reckless. Though I don't do it, I'm a big fan of getting S ranks. So I have to literally baby the team. I don't mind though, if it's a bunch of good friends of mine because they know I have their backs.

Random strangers though, that TELL me to heal them. "I need to be healed right now! Hurry!" that drives me nuts. I'm less inclined to heal someone who's beat the hell out of but still stand there and try to fight a monster as opposed to someone who knows when they're hurt and comes to me and gets away from the battle to risk not getting killed.

I have a constant habit of watching everyone's health though. It's muscle memory. I never let anyone die, I'll go into a healing rage when I see more than one person's health in the yellow. That's just me. Though.. I hate partying with low levelers.. they only get hit twice before I can even make it. Cause remember I flank right and everyone else charges in. It DOES take a minute for me to dash in the horde, heal everyone and run away.

It's just kind of crazy though.. but I totally agree. I can play whatever role I wanna play. It's not all about support, people who think that Forces are specifically for healing drive me bonkers.

My only flaw is that I don't cast reverser, In order for me to do that I have to constantly change rods. I have two elements on one rod a Ra- spell and Resta on each rod. (ie: Barta, Zonde, Rabarta, Resta) I'd much rather you suffer and heal you back up rather than switch rods to cast reverser, switch back, throw one spell or heal, then switch back to reverser again. That's bothersome.

Either way... yeah.

Kurushii
Nov 7, 2006, 10:45 AM
On 2006-11-07 05:32, Zabot wrote:
im remaking my Force when the update comes out, you should only stick to one element per force, there are so many per spell, and you get it up faster. sorry, cant be a master of the elements :/

and you should not play a force cause of that statement alone. I want to see you get in a party later on with using only one techic. Your damage and range of attacks will be too limited and you'll basically be a piece of ****.

Kaply
Nov 7, 2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry, but in grove of fanatics, FO rules in damage and HUs are baggage. The robots are physical resistant. HUs were doing 70 damage a hit and I was spamming razonde for 350+ in the mid 30's. I've gone there for B runs as both my FO and HU class on the same character. Both of them have equipment for the mid-upper tiers. To delegate FO to healbot is just prolonging the stage unecessarily. Of course most FO don't level up their razonde much so that could be the problem.

Tahldon
Nov 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:56, Kaply wrote:
Sorry, but in grove of fanatics, FO rules in damage and HUs are baggage. The robots are physical resistant. HUs were doing 70 damage a hit and I was spamming razonde for 350+ in the mid 30's. I've gone there for B runs as both my FO and HU class on the same character. Both of them have equipment for the mid-upper tiers. To delegate FO to healbot is just prolonging the stage unecessarily. Of course most FO don't level up their razonde much so that could be the problem.

Well I've noticed that alot of people only HAVE and LEVEL Foie and Diga.. which is odd.. I've seen so many stats that everyone have the SAME thing and it makes me wonder what the hell's going on. A friend of mine just RECENTLY bought spells and he's like 30 something. He only HAD Foie and resta which was kind of dumb to me.

I started at Foie and I'm going down the line leveling them.. it takes forever.. but in the end I want to have them all capped out.

People only have a few spells leveled all the way up, but I've heard LOTS of whining for new spells. Dang.. haven't even leveled up the ones you have and you're askin for more? C'mon...

It's just peculiar to me.. that's all.

JoshisWHATSUP
Nov 7, 2006, 11:42 AM
Force is a hard class to play, esp. newman force. Most especially female newman force lol. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. This is the first time I've ever decided to go force since the first PSO on DC, and I don't think I'll ever go back. Hunter-convert here!

Kaply
Nov 7, 2006, 11:57 AM
ALL the Ra spells are useful once you get them past 10 and widen their radius. Great for tagging great for damage in the case of barta/zonde. I specifically took the time out of playing to go level all my ra spells so that I could be as effective as I could be. Took a lot of time but in the end when I help the team breeze through missions it's all worth it. Sort of like how I blew through 2k for PP recharges as my HU in fanatics B yesterday. I doubled my damage and I was pretty much the only person there doing damage out of 3 people.

Genobee
Nov 7, 2006, 12:21 PM
Half the time forces it the only thing i will allow in my gruop besides my friends. if any thing Rangers are useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-07 09:36 ]</font>

AndrewLD16
Nov 7, 2006, 12:31 PM
I :heart: forces. The people who hate forces are probably also the people that have all the items set to "Give to Finder." :rolleyes: Seriously, Once you get to the harder levels... if you don't have a force in your pt, consider yourself screwed. XD

Ri0T
Nov 7, 2006, 01:00 PM
Well, when you are running a full group of 25+ lvl Hunters through C-Level De Ragan Missions, of course Forces are going to seem useless. Although, somehow, every once in a while some brash Hunter seems to die due to overconfidence. >_<

Forces have it hard. Not a lot of players bother to realize how leveling works for forces in specific. They want you to heal all the time, they'd be in high heaven if you were fulltime support... but guess what? If a Force is only supporting 100% of the time, they get 0 exp.

On top of this, Forces are mainly in the back of parties, and hunters are in the fray, in prime position to ninja-loot every drop that falls. Having less than 10% of parties being random or order drops does not help the matter either. Even with random or order drops, Forces still get screwed out of meseta. Forces also pay more to refill their PP, as they use more.

So basically, Forces are getting screwed a hundred ways til Sunday, but somehow people are finding ways to b!tch about them even still. Give them a break, lol.

klunka
Nov 7, 2006, 01:23 PM
I'll backup the statement that forces are only useless if you're grinding a mission that's 10-20 lvls lower than the party average.

Unless it's Neudaiz. Then you f'ing better have a force with you.

If you're a force and want appreciation, do some temple runs. You're the only class that can do significant damage to the robots, and when the hunter is put to sleep, they'll thank god you're around.

DrewSeleski
Nov 7, 2006, 01:29 PM
I played a mainly support force for a while and as long as you use barta it's very easy to tag all the enemies while keeping everyone healed because of it's penetrating effect. Unfortunatly you probably won't ever get kill exp if you re mostly supporting but that isn't THAT big of a deal. Of course this is based on playing with friends of mine that are GOOD Hunters and know to run towards me when they start needing healing. That is of course until I got resta level 11 which makes healing so incredibly easy it's a joke.
And in all honesty Forces are GREAT to have at least one of. If you have more than one the use of them kinda diminishes unless you are organized and have one handling support while the just focuses on damaging the enemy. Otherwise you'll be wasting time and pp both healing when only the first resta was needed. Also of course forces are a must if you are going somewhere with tough physical resistant monsters.
Playing Force wasn't really the kind of playing I like but it was more fun than I expected. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had my character geared towards staying force rather than just using it to support until I had my 450 done though.

Kalier
Nov 7, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-11-07 08:00, Tahldon wrote:

On 2006-11-07 07:56, Kaply wrote:

Well I've noticed that alot of people only HAVE and LEVEL Foie and Diga.. which is odd.. I've seen so many stats that everyone have the SAME thing and it makes me wonder what the hell's going on. A friend of mine just RECENTLY bought spells and he's like 30 something. He only HAD Foie and resta which was kind of dumb to me.

I started at Foie and I'm going down the line leveling them.. it takes forever.. but in the end I want to have them all capped out.

People only have a few spells leveled all the way up, but I've heard LOTS of whining for new spells. Dang.. haven't even leveled up the ones you have and you're askin for more? C'mon...

It's just peculiar to me.. that's all.

yeah, i find that funny. mysel, all my spells EXCEPT diga are 10+ currently. Foie, Barta, and rafoie are 15+ as is. while everyone else is sitting around doing 50-70 per hit(hunters), i'm hitting 5-6 enemies for 200 or so. i only use Diga or Foie when i need heavy damage on ONE enemy, like a boss.

Ammy
Nov 7, 2006, 02:14 PM
I really haven't seen any force hate at all, myself.
On the contrary, sometimes I actually get into a group and its a force saying I am uselss.
" oh look another useless hunter "

But still, i have a few friends who are force, and know how to play their class, as do I, so we all tend to ignore the " hating classes ' trend with some people, especially the gamefaqs community >.>

by the way Invisus, nice, Anathema as a name for your force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i love the band, and that actually happens to be my real name irl, rock on -_^

Lnin0
Nov 7, 2006, 02:24 PM
I have no problem with healing / reverses as long as I am allowed to get exp as well.

Nothing irritates me more than people rushing from mob to mob taking all the experience and thinking I am going to wade through the battles with a light wand to heal them.

If you want reveresed or healed then wait up after the battle before running to the next. Then everyone goes in full health so I can spend time fighting as well and not just healing. It is not hard to balance and if I see someone hurt bad will go to help but I don't enjoy going on a mission for no other reason than to be a free 'mate dispenser.

Nestahima
Nov 7, 2006, 02:26 PM
All I know is that its tough to hit a dang thing in a party without a Hunter blowing it to pieces...

etlitch
Nov 7, 2006, 02:36 PM
Go force, play as a ranger. Spam zonde and barta that is. They support by causing disabling status effect, they pierce thru things, they tag and they don't do much damage (you have hunters for that). Plus some occosional resta when needed. Have'nt had anyone complain at me yet, even thou I've complained about others for just rushing into damage.

MayLee
Nov 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-11-07 10:00, Ri0T wrote:
Well, when you are running a full group of 25+ lvl Hunters through C-Level De Ragan Missions, of course Forces are going to seem useless. Although, somehow, every once in a while some brash Hunter seems to die due to overconfidence. >_<

Forces have it hard. Not a lot of players bother to realize how leveling works for forces in specific. They want you to heal all the time, they'd be in high heaven if you were fulltime support... but guess what? If a Force is only supporting 100% of the time, they get 0 exp.

On top of this, Forces are mainly in the back of parties, and hunters are in the fray, in prime position to ninja-loot every drop that falls. Having less than 10% of parties being random or order drops does not help the matter either. Even with random or order drops, Forces still get screwed out of meseta. Forces also pay more to refill their PP, as they use more.

So basically, Forces are getting screwed a hundred ways til Sunday, but somehow people are finding ways to b!tch about them even still. Give them a break, lol.

Amen!

Midicronica
Nov 7, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-11-07 12:27, MayLee wrote:

Amen!

QFT.

Lazygirl313
Nov 7, 2006, 04:44 PM
I only level 4 spells for now. Reverser, Foie, Diga, and Resta (sorry if I misspelled some of those). I'd say I'd need to level a new spell, but since I constantly shoot into nothing on accident I think I need to work on that first XD

Hatecrime69
Nov 7, 2006, 04:45 PM
haven't heard this kinda stuff myself, but if those people ever stop doing dragon runs and try neudias they would learn to appreciate us..nothing more annoying then being frozen when low on health, de-buffed, poisoned.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PlainShane
Nov 7, 2006, 04:50 PM
That's BS, people rejoice when I join the game. Although, no one is ever thankful enough to not use that terribly annoying skill that throws monsters across the map before anyone can hit them... GOD that is so greedy selfish and thoughtless.

I tend to do the most damage out of anyone else my level and the healing is lovable. A force with a Hajirod is very powerful.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 7, 2006, 05:21 PM
Maybe forces wouldnt be so useless if most of them werent the cheap players? Every force ive partied with except one has had better than store bought items there were usually 3* weapons, where as the majority of hunters im with use 4*-5* elemental weapons that are appropriate for the mobs we are fighting

Right now most forces seem to just be conserned about hording money and not geting exp

Wickerman
Nov 7, 2006, 05:25 PM

Don't they?

lol. Are you really a girl? Does it remind you of anything? Haha.

BTW plainshane, I have 2 Hajirods, there great. I can't wait to grind them up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wickerman on 2006-11-07 14:26 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 7, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:21, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Maybe forces wouldnt be so useless if most of them werent the cheap players? Every force ive partied with except one has had better than store bought items there were usually 3* weapons, where as the majority of hunters im with use 4*-5* elemental weapons that are appropriate for the mobs we are fighting

Right now most forces seem to just be conserned about hording money and not geting exp

I always have a problem with this. People need to mind thier business when it comes to how other people take care of thier players/expenses. I don't know what kind of luck you're having but every force I've partied with have performed thier jobs well. Only thing I expect from them is a heal when it's needed. Whatever else they do after that is not my concern as it shouldnt be thier concern what a hunter/ranger is doing unless it's *nothing but box hording*. It makes games funner and less complicating.

Ri0T
Nov 7, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:21, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

The reason why they're "cheap" may be because they don't get as much money as melee fighters do.

I play both Hunter and Force. My main is my Hunter, but i enjoy playing my Force very much. My Force doesn't get near as much meseta or exp as my Hunter. In fact, I had to send money to my Force for her to buy her clothes... and she's been getting hand-me-down armors... all the while my Hunter has been able to get a new suit of clothing, a room remodel, a shop, and up-to-date weapons... so there seems to be quite a bit of difference by way of meseta gain in my experience.

MayLee
Nov 7, 2006, 05:42 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:25, Wickerman wrote:

Don't they?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wickerman on 2006-11-07 14:26 ]</font>
I am 100 percent female, I can assure you.
It remindes me of that Herble shampoo commercial

Wickerman
Nov 7, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:42, MayLee wrote:

On 2006-11-07 14:25, Wickerman wrote:

Don't they?

I am 100 percent female, I can assure you.
It remindes me of that Herble shampoo commercial

Haha, even though I detest most TV, I have seen that one. Sounds kinky. Must be some good shampoo .

anogio
Nov 7, 2006, 07:19 PM
Hmm, as an old DC & GC player, this worries me. I like spellcaster classes in almost all games, and I hope I don't get "Sorry mate, no forces please" in-game when UK release comes round =/

aquafire
Nov 7, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'm an offliner so my comment may not apply, but so far I've got a level 70 hunter and force and to be frank...the force kicks ass. With the hunter it takes 3x longer to complete a mission compared to my force. I easily do 1,000 damage to everyone in a huge area with just one spell. I don't see why forces always have to be "supporters". Of course it's probably waaay different on online.

Sinue_v2
Nov 8, 2006, 04:39 AM
If a Force is only supporting 100% of the time, they get 0 exp.

Horseshit.

A proper FO should be getting MORE exp than HU's and RA's, even with the kill bonus difference. Carry a few gun/wand combos. Link the appropriate spells or the spells you want to lvl up. Run in, tag enemies with the gun. Support. Nuke in your spare time. Tag newspawns. Rinse & Repeat. This is going to become extremely easy when debuff spells like Jellen & Zelure are unlocked. They tag for EXP automatically, so you never have to "attack" a single enemy to get exp from all of them. 100% Support doesn't mean that you have to sit there constantly spamming Resta over and over again. It means that you're constantly on the ready with your heals, buffs, debuffs, ect. What you do in your spare-time between when support is needed is your own buisness.

If you need money, set item distrib to random or in order. I never pick up gold (or items, for that matter) and I don't have a problem staying above 20k meseta on each character at any time.

If HU's are killing a room of enemies too fast for you to spend a two seconds tops strafing around and firing a gun - then your party is way too overpowered for that area. Move on, or concede that you're simply a babysitter on a farming run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-08 01:43 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 04:49 AM
Dont know about the other fo's but on the topic about forces hording money and carring lower gear than the other classes...

So far as a lvl 11 force every single meseta I have made has gone for PP recharge and gear... Im still short on new armor and need new guns and a few more spells and also better wands.

My one 4 star rod broke me.

Meele I got away with 2 good weapons my Spear and my Saber/Gun

Force I had to buy Spells, and lots and lots of weapons due to my spells having to link to my weapons and the extreme PP use. Most of the hunters I see dont use there PA often, but every attack or support ability I use, uses up PP....

Being a force is harder in this game too with the severly lacking techniqes that dont auto aim and are slow and lame... common a ball of rock that moves at 2mph..... or RAFOI being nothing more than a fire cracker that can miss mobs totally.... gah I still love my force since its my main but hunters have it on EZ mode and need to understand the forces positon abit more.

Dont forget in this game mono/dimates are cheap as heck and can be carried in very large quantities vs the smaller amoutn from the old pso games, so there is no excuse to not self heal if you across the room from a force and are dying.

Stay around them if you can and it makes there life and yours easier. As a hunter you can run around anywhere anytime and hit the mobs with your auto lock-on, A force has to be in a very specific location based on the mobs location and there target/movment to hit with these slow as heck techs and since we dont really know our techs as player abilities but weapon abilites anymore, a resta may require a weapon swich first too so keep that in mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-08 01:52 ]</font>

MayLee
Nov 8, 2006, 04:35 PM
I always say Meseta is everything. I'm always spending my money on PP recharge

Sexy_Raine
Nov 8, 2006, 04:45 PM
As a force, I am constantly moving around trying to attack all eneimies to gain some experience for it, and doing that while I watch over other party members HP. As far as not being able to get enough items, all I can say is stay to close to where the action is, just careful with enemy attacks.

McLaughlin
Nov 8, 2006, 04:55 PM

Not to be an ass or anything, but on the Xbox 360, you'll be hard-pressed to find a game that ISN'T Set Order/Random.

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 05:01 PM
I was in a group today...a really rare one. I was the only hunter. ALLLL the rest were forces.

That..was..some..fast..killing..

Phaze37
Nov 8, 2006, 05:08 PM
Forces will become good once Sonic Team releases support techniques. Imagine how terrible Forces would have been in PSO if it weren't for their support techniques. That's what's happening now, forces aren't that great because all they have are attack techniques and resta. When shifta, deband, jellen, zalure, and the other support techniques are released, forces will become the most valuable member of the party, just like in PSO. Remember, in PSO the missions became much easier when you had a good force using high level S/D/J/Z. In PSO, support techniques were pretty much the only good thing about using a Force, but that was reason enough to use one.

BooChan
Nov 8, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-11-07 07:21, Yoiyami wrote:

On 2006-11-07 05:11, BooChan wrote:
The role of a force is for support. If you don't plan on supporting that don't be a force.

You do have choice and you did spend your 10$. But you chose a class that was built for support. Forces can deal some good damage and its going to be needed after the updates. But its support spells are needed even more when S rank missions become availible. At high level play its not a matter of choice its a matter of necessity . Online its going to take time,money,management and the update that will truly define the force as a class. I'm not telling how someone should play. It about the benefits and consequences of your choice. I don't see a field military medic complaining about tending to wounded soldiers. Sure they are armed and can fight as well but when all is said and done they know their true role in the field. Being responsible is not a matter of choice its about what needs to be done. Each class has its share of responsibilities. Nuke or support force its your choice. But there are benefits and consequences for either way you choose to play.

MayLee
Nov 9, 2006, 10:54 AM
It is so hard to level a Force for some reason, I get very little Exp when as a Force..o.O

Do you have to use Force weapons to level your class too?

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 9, 2006, 10:59 AM
Forces kick ass=D Just made my first one after my hunter got up to 32 and I was extremely bored. Forces are much more fun.

Kurushii
Nov 9, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-11-09 07:54, MayLee wrote:
It is so hard to level a Force for some reason, I get very little Exp when as a Force..o.O

Do you have to use Force weapons to level your class too?

no you just need to complete missions and have force as your active class.

lavosmanx
Nov 9, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of battle mages (the forces who use the attack spells) because the ones I run into in any game keep plowing through stuff when I don't even get a chance to do any kind of damage. And yes, I agree with the part about bringing some kind of healing along. Forces should be healers first and fighters second that is how it should go unless its absolutely important... lke the nuedaiz area you were talking about... I could see a battle mage for that area, with some healing skills ofcourse. Here is the situation that you should think about... what if everyone but the force dies and they don't have any moons with them nor any technics for recovery. I think in the end it wont kill any force to atleast bring along a revive technic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lavosmanx on 2006-11-09 10:03 ]</font>

Eli_Leviathan
Nov 9, 2006, 01:10 PM
Well i disagree i dont think they should HAVE to heal anyone.....they shouldent be the only thing thats keeping you alive....altho they should help out when they are needed.....i play a force and it would be lame if all i did was run behind the hunters and heal them.....plus we do pretty good damage,and it shouldent be overlooked

Witchblade56
Nov 9, 2006, 01:33 PM
Forces will always be the meat and potatoes of my rooms. I encourage them to use their offensive AoE spells to get their exp and let the hunters tear through the mobs after.

This prevailing attitude that forces should "Only be in support roles" Sux butt. You didnt choose Force for a few reeasons and one of them was you didnt want to be the one pulling mudder duty. Ya that's right running into the frey and getting smacked by mobs while attempting to heal your party members.

Rest assured that Forces will be the staple of -EVERY- pt when they gain acces to Jellen/Zalure/Shifta/Deband. Then watch the mobs fall like dominoes.

Unless youre a Beast with nanoblast i defy you to be able to pump out a -consistent- 238 diga per hit with your regular melee weapon on a thunder based mob...

Ya show love to your pointy eared party members... don't hate appreciate and show some courtesy by letting them pop a few aoe spells to get exp.. they deserve it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-11-09 10:36 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Nov 9, 2006, 01:38 PM
Kinda sucks to defend forces and then run intoa couple who have their head on backwards. Ran into 2 last night, nice people but rarely healed, i got reverser somewhat, and was using the earth spells on robots in fanatics. my wallet cried last night.

I understand techs are hard to aim. But if thats one thing i think forces all need to do it use the damn right tech for the right element. Using earth on the dragon, ok big target. Using fire on the dragon. You are an idiot.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 9, 2006, 02:22 PM
On 2006-11-09 10:33, Witchblade56 wrote:
Unless youre a Beast with nanoblast i defy you to be able to pump out a -consistent- 238 diga per hit with your regular melee weapon on a thunder based mob...

Earth Twin Slashers, meet Witchblade56. Witchblade56, meet my Earth Twin Slashers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-09 11:23 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Nov 9, 2006, 02:29 PM
b]On 2006-11-09 10:33, Witchblade56 wrote[/b]:
Unless youre a Beast with nanoblast i defy you to be able to pump out a -consistent- 238600 diga per hit with your regular melee weapon on a thunder based mob...

More like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Witchblade56
Nov 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
ROFL my friends force is level 25 to my 29 so shes a bit low on the dmg for now.

The twin sabers bit? Youre not using pallasches? Earth based pallasches > earth based sabers. And yeah i would use em on the rank B robot versus the C robot. But thank you for the tip http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My point to the OP was check your elemental base for your boss and then use the corresponding spell that it will be weak against. Forces can do some really heavy dmg to any enemy in the game.

Katachi
Nov 9, 2006, 03:09 PM
A lot of people have made some very good points about the classes and players skill levels in this thread. PSU is diverse enough to allow you to play however you want in any class. Forces are not and were not intended to be "support" charaters any more than a ranger using freeze/paralysis from a distance, or a hunter who runs up to a mob to draw them away from weaker characters. There is no single role for any class.

The biggest problem is actually the poor unskilled players themselves. Too many people are playing this game like "I'll run in, mash the attack button, and you heal me a lot." Good players know the attack patterns, movements, and sounds of every enemy. Great players also know the enemies' elemental strenghts/weaknesses and know their own weapons/techs. I play a hunter, and I can run into a mob, get behind it, rotate camera, strafe, and fire while retreating or use a melee PA before they even have a chance to turn around AND all attention is on me while they're turing their backs to the rest of the party. If you're spending two grand on mates, you're not paying attention. Also, just because your attack has a three hit combo, doesn't mean you need to mash the attack button until your character stops attacking. If you watch the enemies and can keep track of when they are going to attack, you can hit, run around them, hit hit, run around them, etc. and they won't hit you.

So why are Forces expected to be support/healing characters? Because too many people can't play the damn game. A good hunter/ranger doesn't need support, and a great hunter/ranger can solo and survive. Skilled players can play a force however the hell they want. If you want to do damage/effects from a distance like a ranger, you can. If you want to be the one to divert and draw enemies away with a tricked out saber/handgun combo like a hunter, you can. If you want to master a multitued of technics and still get xp/meseta, learn what a good saber/handgun can provide for tagging or as a last defense, and don't party with unskilled children. I play almost exclusively with two other people (another hunter and a ranger), and we work as a team either supporting from the rear, distratcing enemies, or maximizing striking damage. All three roles change CONTINUOUSLY during a mission, not just "ranger sits in the back and two hunters run around hitting things."

Just remember Forces, make sure you macro "Do I look like your mom?", "I'll heal you as soon as you get over here" and "do you want me to press square for you too?" to your keyboard! ^__^

Eli_Leviathan
Nov 9, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-11-09 10:38, SonicTMP wrote:
Kinda sucks to defend forces and then run intoa couple who have their head on backwards. Ran into 2 last night, nice people but rarely healed, i got reverser somewhat, and was using the earth spells on robots in fanatics. my wallet cried last night.

I understand techs are hard to aim. But if thats one thing i think forces all need to do it use the damn right tech for the right element. Using earth on the dragon, ok big target. Using fire on the dragon. You are an idiot.

actually when i fight the dragon i use foie only bc its lvl 13 and does the most damage...i think thats good enough reason to do so

AngelLight
Nov 9, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-11-09 12:09, Katachi wrote:
A lot of people have made some very good points about the classes and players skill levels in this thread. PSU is diverse enough to allow you to play however you want in any class. Forces are not and were not intended to be "support" charaters any more than a ranger using freeze/paralysis from a distance, or a hunter who runs up to a mob to draw them away from weaker characters. There is no single role for any class.

The biggest problem is actually the poor unskilled players themselves. Too many people are playing this game like "I'll run in, mash the attack button, and you heal me a lot." Good players know the attack patterns, movements, and sounds of every enemy. Great players also know the enemies' elemental strenghts/weaknesses and know their own weapons/techs. I play a hunter, and I can run into a mob, get behind it, rotate camera, strafe, and fire while retreating or use a melee PA before they even have a chance to turn around AND all attention is on me while they're turing their backs to the rest of the party. If you're spending two grand on mates, you're not paying attention. Also, just because your attack has a three hit combo, doesn't mean you need to mash the attack button until your character stops attacking. If you watch the enemies and can keep track of when they are going to attack, you can hit, run around them, hit hit, run around them, etc. and they won't hit you.

So why are Forces expected to be support/healing characters? Because too many people can't play the damn game. A good hunter/ranger doesn't need support, and a great hunter/ranger can solo and survive. Skilled players can play a force however the hell they want. If you want to do damage/effects from a distance like a ranger, you can. If you want to be the one to divert and draw enemies away with a tricked out saber/handgun combo like a hunter, you can. If you want to master a multitued of technics and still get xp/meseta, learn what a good saber/handgun can provide for tagging or as a last defense, and don't party with unskilled children. I play almost exclusively with two other people (another hunter and a ranger), and we work as a team either supporting from the rear, distratcing enemies, or maximizing striking damage. All three roles change CONTINUOUSLY during a mission, not just "ranger sits in the back and two hunters run around hitting things."

Just remember Forces, make sure you macro "Do I look like your mom?", "I'll heal you as soon as you get over here" and "do you want me to press square for you too?" to your keyboard! ^__^

LOL....QFT

If ppl actually soloed a bit more and built their skills up as well as their personal play style I'd imagine we wouldn't have this problem for the zerging masses (or what I like to call future worm food).

I dont have a problem healing, but I'm not your Healbot, if you need a heal come to me or I'll swing by you if I see your stats drop critically. But play dumb and suicidal (like running away from me) and I'll just be happy to laugh and dance over your corpse. And, yes I am able to compete with you on damage and no I'm not a one element "one show" pony. When buffs come out, I'll be happy to buff you and renew buffs between fights should they wear off. So dont start spamming buff requests...

Lets play together as a team, but I'm not your bitch (nor is any other force in this game).

As another Sega saying goes: "Fight as a pack, or die like a dog"...and I'm not the dog in any of these fights.

AC9breaker
Nov 9, 2006, 03:54 PM
Diga and Radiga.

Witchblade56
Nov 9, 2006, 04:42 PM
LOL @ Angelight,

Wish someone would have said that to begin with. Ya I play a force but currently shes base level of 12 and i dont really relish the idea of playing without buffs or debuffs, so i kinda stopped. Ya ok im not as hardcore as the current forces out there. Playing a job without all the buffs and debuffs available takes alot of patience.

I totally intend to be the first into a room to pop jellen and zalure [if that even what they are called] and then sit back and skill up elemental spells and cure and buff. That's how i played my force on PSOXbox. I like being able to buff the pt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lavosmanx
Nov 9, 2006, 06:13 PM
In the end it all comes down to one factor that seperates the good players from the really stupid ones. We all know what this is and it has a name. It's name is incompitance and it is a mother to stupid players everywhere. My point is, and this was for anyone... if you have the ability to heal someone with anything then use it provided the player in question isn't being an idiot in the first place.

As it stands or so far as I've heard, forces don't have revival technics yet. In that case I would honestly say battle mages are welcomed. But in the end, whether your a force, ranger, or hunter. Its your duty to cooperate with your fellow party members and do whats right to prevent something stupid.

At the same time, I think it is everyones responsability to carry a moon atomizer or two if they have the ability (or the money) to. So everyone should try to get along and remember this tactic.
'
NEVER charge into a situation that you suspect could get you killed. When I'm playing, I will use my handgun if it becomes important. I would rather keep my distance if I can avoid it. But remeber I am not afraid to go in with a melee weapon.

Katachi
Nov 10, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-11-09 15:13, lavosmanx wrote:
In the end it all comes down to one factor that seperates the good players from the really stupid ones. We all know what this is and it has a name. It's name is incompitance and it is a mother to stupid players everywhere. My point is, and this was for anyone... if you have the ability to heal someone with anything then use it provided the player in question isn't being an idiot in the first place.

As it stands or so far as I've heard, forces don't have revival technics yet. In that case I would honestly say battle mages are welcomed. But in the end, whether your a force, ranger, or hunter. Its your duty to cooperate with your fellow party members and do whats right to prevent something stupid.

At the same time, I think it is everyones responsability to carry a moon atomizer or two if they have the ability (or the money) to. So everyone should try to get along and remember this tactic.
'
NEVER charge into a situation that you suspect could get you killed. When I'm playing, I will use my handgun if it becomes important. I would rather keep my distance if I can avoid it. But remeber I am not afraid to go in with a melee weapon.

Well said. A good player can play any class or team position and have a good time, as long as they're not playing with unskilled players. For that, you can play Baby Sitter Universe.

PSU is balanced, there is no "useless" class. Nothing in PSU sucks, the only thing that sucks is the people attempting to play it and taking their failures out on everyone else. I'm very interested in seeing what a high level Force can do once Sega starts updating. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Skilled players or even unskilled but polite players are always welcome in my parties.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-11-09 11:41, Witchblade56 wrote:
ROFL my friends force is level 25 to my 29 so shes a bit low on the dmg for now.

The twin sabers bit? Youre not using pallasches? Earth based pallasches > earth based sabers.

Um... I said Twin Slashers. Y'know, the 5* synth-only twin sabers. My current ones only do about 190-210 per strike, but they only have like 24% earth on them... mass producing them to try to get a 50% one.

SonicTMP
Nov 10, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-11-09 12:31, Eli_Leviathan wrote:

actually when i fight the dragon i use foie only bc its lvl 13 and does the most damage...i think thats good enough reason to do so

So you only level 1 tech at a time? and your leveling the element that 80% of the creatures on parum current are the same type of?

Kaply
Nov 10, 2006, 02:08 AM
On 2006-11-09 15:13, lavosmanx wrote:

At the same time, I think it is everyones responsability to carry a SCAPE DOLL or three even if they have to go broke to do. So everyone should try to get along and remember this tactic.

Fixed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-11-09 23:09 ]</font>

Elusivellama
Nov 10, 2006, 02:24 AM
I hunger for Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure and those new Lightning based debuffs/buffs. Doing damage is fine as a FO, I have no problems tagging stuff with Barta/Rabarta spam, or getting in a sneak kill with a well-timed Diga. However, damage is also the domain of those pesky hunters/rangers.

I want to have those unique powers that will make every melee flock towards me when I spam that well-remembered macro of "Gather for S/D, or you'll be left out!"

EJ
Nov 10, 2006, 02:29 AM
Forces have it tough since most PA can throw the enemies across the room making a force tagging and leveling their spells hard.

My Newman force had a hard time taggin enemies since every hunter I met in the beginning love spamming the rising strike PA.
It really gets annoying when trying to tag and level up spells when the enemies are in the air.

Gojin
Nov 10, 2006, 02:49 AM
I started as a hunter so I got to skip the low boring lvls of force didnt go force til like 20 then started pwning stuff with diga, with my Hajirod +3 and at lvl 40 I do like over 1000 on lightning element stuff with diga. But I still dont like force its too easy cause Im great.

bleyzwun
Nov 10, 2006, 06:22 AM
Wow... How can anybody hate on a force? My roommate is a force and I love having him around. Nothing beats heals! Seriously, how can anybody not love a force?

Sexy_Raine
Nov 10, 2006, 08:28 AM
I enjoy being a force over a hunter right now, and I've never used a force PSO. I bet that was suprising. I won't waste my time being a hybrid class because aren't worthy of being forces, I will go straight for lv 30 techs.

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 08:38 AM
I don't know. I hear a lot of forces saying they are superior when they too have their flaws.

LTrav2k
Nov 10, 2006, 12:19 PM
Forces right now are a little bit gimped on options when it comes to gaining exp in earlier pick up groups. That'll change quickly once the Gi spells are in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Then you run in, tag and do whatever you planned to do afterwards because you've got the exp. In static groups I haven't had a problem myself unless we were running low level simply because hunters are just overpowering if the gear is superior to the mobs. If you don't like the handgun/wand combo for whatever reason, I can feel your pain... I just don't want to see the complaints of stuff being hard to tag once the rest of our spells are in.

I can't wait for the rest of the spells and expert classes to arrive so I can just roll back to original PSO HUmar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LTrav2k on 2006-11-10 09:22 ]</font>