PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with B weapons?

Sorenia
Nov 7, 2006, 02:11 AM
I'm went from 1-35 as ranger and the last few levels I've been a hunter since ranger maxed out and one thing has bothering me.

It seems like for a lot of weapons just upgrading from 3* to 5* provides a pretty miniscule power increase. It varies on the weapon of course but for a great many of them it just feels pretty wimpy considering the costs involved and the difficulty of synthing.

Even worse on the melee weapons the elemental percentage seems to be far far more important than anything else. A one star weapon with 50% elemental seems like it would be far better than a 5 star with only 13% or some such.

The pp upgrades are somewhat useful but as a CAST the ATA upgrades feel pretty unimportant considering I rarely miss even with 1star weapons.

I admit I never could get into PSO but was this how things went in that game? It feels mostly like all that matters is my level and my PA power. Hunting for rares is going to be a pretty big let down if it's like this.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 7, 2006, 02:13 AM
PSO it was about %'s also up to an extent.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 7, 2006, 02:15 AM
The point of rares is not how strong they are (that's part of it, sure), but moreso the "ha-ha, look what I found!" bragging rights ordeal.

Sorenia
Nov 7, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-11-06 23:15, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
The point of rares is not how strong they are (that's part of it, sure), but moreso the "ha-ha, look what I found!" bragging rights ordeal.

Yea Im mostly interested in that as well but to a certain extent if the weapon is useless it loses fun factor to me. Suppose a one star weapon someone spammed out to get a 50% elemental is better than my 10star rare that came out with 13%. I'm going to be sitting there asking myself why I'm not playing some other game where I can go get rares that are useful and say "ha-ha, look what I found!".

I'll wait and see I was just curious if I was the only one who felt they were mostly a bit on the weak side.

PaladinRPG
Nov 7, 2006, 06:15 AM
I've thought about the B rank weapon upgrades and elemental percentages... it's why I've stuck for the moment at synthing purely elemental 3* things. I seem to be able to equal the damage output if you play it smartly. In fact, even in old PSO my best weapon was not my cool and devestating Chain Sawd, but rather a set of insane Dark% Ata+ mechguns which would eat Falz's min ions for breakfast...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-11-07 03:18 ]</font>