PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Difference

Mitri
Nov 7, 2006, 09:00 AM
i am going to be purchasing this game soon. and i have all 3 platforms that the game is for. but i don't know which one is the better one or if they are all the same and whatnot. because i know that ps2 and pc users play together and that 360 has voice but is there any other differences?

cobfab
Nov 7, 2006, 09:08 AM
Look through the forum before posting topics which was done a million times.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 7, 2006, 11:31 AM
Im a Ps2 user , but Id suggest PC over anything else, ps2/pc has much more players if your looking for that, and PC will run the game way better then a ps2. IF you want voice Go 360 , but you could add voice to your psu Pc.

Cerulean
Nov 7, 2006, 11:38 AM
I recommend PC if you have a good PC. However, since I've only played with pc/ps2 players I don't what its like in the 360 servers.

I'm having a blast in the pc/ps2 version!

See you in Gurhal.

rena-ko
Nov 7, 2006, 11:39 AM
if you have a nifty HD-tv or even just a widescreen tv, you might want to go with the 360 ver.
PC + 360-gamepad if not.

Mitri
Nov 7, 2006, 12:45 PM
Look through the forum before posting topics which was done a million times.

i didn't ask for that kind of response. i asked if there were any major differences other than ps2/pc connectivity and 360's voice. that's all. if there isn't anything else different that's all you have to say.

thanks to everyone else for saying something constructive.

curlack45
Nov 7, 2006, 12:51 PM
Iwanted to know somthing about the ps2/pc version aswell...

i have played p.s.o epsodes 1,2 and 3. And i am aware that you have a offline and online mode, however...
i have never been on the online mode, i was wondering dose the pc give free online mode? (if this makes no sence please tell me) becasue i dont have the game, only epsodes 1,2 and 3.. i wont know anything yet.

also i have yeard rumours about the ps2 version not working properly.. so i would suggest the pc version, (and from what my friend told me, it gives you free online mode). unless of corse the game alredy have online mode on it.

KazuKun
Nov 7, 2006, 12:56 PM
Other than that, there's no real difference. The PS2 hardware can't really handle PSU all too well. There's hardware lag at times with six (and even four, sometimes) when there are many players/monsters on screen. It doesn't help when they all do their Photon Arts at the same time either. It's not a big deal, though. It's bearable. It's not going to lag to the point where it's moving at only a couple frames a minute. Another issue with the PS2 is that characters do load pretty slow, and sometimes not at all. Just look at the PSU meeting pictures. Some of those were taken on the PS2, I assume (half the people there didn't load at all for me. :). But! Like I said again, these problems aren't really as big an issue as I make them sound to be.

I recommend the PC version if you wanna play with us PS2 players. Especially if you have a good PC. I wanted to get it for ny PC, but it's a laptop and it's pretty cruddy. My PS2 would run it better. So, in conclusion, if you have a good PC, go with the PC version.

But that's not all, right? We still have the Xbox 360 to consider, right? From my experiences with it (I messed around with it during the beta), it's no too big a difference. It was only a short while (a couple hours) and the only thing I noticed was that the characters looked a lot better than the PS2's, but that's to be expected, right? Anyways, there's also the voice chat, as you mentioned, but a lot of people don't seem to like it as there are a lot of idiots screaming random things, breathing deeply into it, and things like that. Oh, and the community (currently) isn't as big as the PS2/PC's since it's all by its lonely self right now. When the EU servers launch, there should be a large flux of players to the 360. One more thing...players seem to skip around, but I don't think it's a valid point as of now, since that was during the beta.

SO! Now that's all over with...I recommend the PC version!