PDA

View Full Version : How do I decide what to sell something for....

Caukin
Nov 7, 2006, 09:35 AM
Normally if I buy something off of someone for X amount, when I go to sell it I will sell it for the same X amount. Seeing how i would have bought it at the cheapest person, I would sell it for the same price. Items that I make that are "free" for me since I didnt buy any materials, I will sell at a low cost. But here is my question specifically. I bought these Daggers for 1000M. I upgraded them three times with Crinder C + 7. What is the fair value for these? How do I decide what the 3 +7's are worth on the Daggers. Do I see how much +7's go for multiple it by 3 and add that to the 1000M?

Viper472X
Nov 7, 2006, 09:41 AM
well, no one will know what type of grinders you used..and grinders are only about 500 max from a fair trader, so I'd play it safe and sell them for maybe 1,200 to 1,800.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 09:46 AM
i have the strat guide(i dont use it for story mode, just my shop and the PM guide) and the guidelines i follow are, its not relly by items but more by starts, the guide says 1*=200-350
2*=800, 3*=2000, 4*=8600, 5*=10,000-18,000.
i do about half of that and i have made over 300-400,000

Peace hope this helped

Velocity_7
Nov 7, 2006, 09:54 AM
Don't use strategy guides, they're useless for player shops. Look at demand. Do people want this item, or not? Ingredients needed for weapons/armor will be in high demand. Weapons/armor with high grind/photon % will be wanted. Rare items get priced more aggressively. Items not sold by NPCs are gonna be priced pretty high unless they're not needed.

Scape Dolls are also a must. Anything else is going to get the shaft (monomate, dimate, etc.).

Also look at average pricing in shops (e.g., shop hunting for prices). Get an idea of how they're priced in other players' shops, and try to beat the competition. Of course, if they're being sold by NPCs, you'll have to beat the NPC first before worrying about players. That's Marketing 101 for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Finally, this is a game. Don't try to rip people off, instead make prices that are 80% guaranteed to get someone to buy. Trust me on this.

---

In response to the Dagger grinding, you wasted your +7s on it. Honestly speaking, if your goal was to grind it to 3, you could have gotten by with +1s or +2s. +7 is more useful for higher grinds where the chance of breaking increases. In other words, the price of that Dagger isn't gonna be all that high. :S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-11-07 07:00 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-11-07 06:54, Velocity_7 wrote:
Don't use strategy guides, they're useless for player shops. Look at demand. Do people want this item, or not? Ingredients needed for weapons/armor will be in high demand. Weapons/armor with high grind/photon % will be wanted. Rare items get priced more aggressively. Scape Dolls are also a must. Anything else is going to get the shaft (monomate, dimate, etc.).

Also look at average pricing in shops (e.g., shop hunting for prices). Get an idea of how they're priced in other players' shops, and try to beat the competition. That's Marketing 101 for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Finally, this is a game. Don't try to rip people off, instead make prices that are 80% guaranteed to get someone to buy. Trust me on this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-11-07 06:56 ]</font>

well its worked just fine for me, i sell 2 star armor for about 500, and 3 star weps for about 1200, and like i said ive already made over 300k. I spent 75k the other day on my weapons, and then another 35k on my grinders, i grineded my durandal to +7 and i still have 40k left over.

Thx for your input though, i appreciate you trying to help, but im fine with what im doing right now.

Peace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif